2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
knight of the night [gym]
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 18:43:31 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

It was time to hit the grind again and challenging a gym was the best way to see how well his skills were measuring up. Hearing about a new one that opened up that had an interesting premise did catch his fancy as the man made his way through the doors. The other fun fact about this gym was that its leader leaned towards the younger side of things, like really young if he recalled. Kaz just had to see what kind of skill someone like that had to have to make it this far in the world.

Well if he was looking to evaluate people like some of the other higher ups in the league. In truth he just wanted to flex his muscles a little bit and have a bit of a fun and a challenge. What more could a trainer ask for in honing their skills?

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,426 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 20:36:47 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1069284117881049148/Welcome.mp3[/player]

Welcome
It wouldn't be long until Kazimir would encounter that leader leaning on the younger side. One of the staff members notified him of the challenger's arrival, so the boy got his Pokemon to set things up as he approached the man. He didn't look too assuming, wearing his usual striped sweater, a Musharna on his head keeping him oriented.

" , right?" Hideo asked. "I'm Hideo Kino, the Gym Leader here…and I gotta say, you're the second ex-E4 I've had challenge my gym! Though you are the first doing the nontraditional challenge."

It was actually a bit surprising how many high-up people were coming to his gym. And he could only imagine how many more were waiting in line for the next spot.

"Anyways, I can lead you over to the room it'll take place in. Though I gotta ask: why'd you choose Escape From The Fae Kingdom?"

An honest question: there were many options, so it was always interesting to learn why each person chose their story.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 6:04:39 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

When he came face to face with the young leader he was taken aback a little bit as he laid eyes on him. Sure he was aware that he was a kid but seeing the boy up close definitely didn't feel real in a sense. He really had to give him props for getting to this position then after this challenge. Speaking of which, "Oh I just like escape rooms."

He chuckled as he was lead into the room and just scratched the side of his cheek, better give a serious answer. "Nah nah i'm joking. Truth be told it did sound like a fun time. Always up for a good adventure and escaping from a whole kingdom full of fairies sounds like a nice spin on one. Can't wait to be hunted down by Jigglypuffs and a Clefable or something."

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,426 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 14:35:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo chuckled along with Kazimir, amused by the joke. "Well, you'll be escaping from something much bigger than a room here. You'll definitely be dealing with a lot of strange fae in this story, but they won't all be fairy-types…buuuut I won't spoil anything beyond that~" The less revealed beforehand, the better.

It wouldn't take long for them to reach the room, the Musharna on Hideo's head opening the door psychically for them. A number of psychic-type Pokemon were already in the room, most notably another Musharna, its attention focused on Kazimir.

Hideo went to his own seat, the one with a book resting upon it; there was little in terms of illustrations on the book, the words "Escape From The Fae Kingdom" its most striking feature - apart from the braille lettering one could run their fingers along. He swept it up, taking a seat with the same motion.

The Musharna on his head descended onto the armrest of his chair.

"You can take a seat wherever you want," he said, "You'll want to make yourself comfortable. There's plenty of seats for you to take." Whichever one Kazimir chose, the Musharna watching him would follow, taking a seat nearby.

And once Kazimir was seated, Hideo would begin. "All you'll need to do is close your eyes, and give it a moment. Just focus on my words, and let them do their work."

His Pokemon went to work, the Musharnas letting out some Dream Mist as they would Hypnotize Kazimir into a peaceful slumber.

"You will find yourself in a forest alien to you."

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1015416098595811469/StoryBegin.mp3[/player]
The Story Begins

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]It Begins
[attr="class","monody"]
Caught In The Fae Wilds
"Now open your eyes."

The transition was as instantaneous as Hideo promised, and Kazimir would find himself alone in the middle of a forest. The sky was dark and featureless, yet the woods itself were lit as if the sun shone from above.

Yet, unmistakably, Hideo's voice could still be heard around him, distant yet close.

There are rumors that deep in the woods, one might stumble upon a portal that carries them into another dimension. It carries them there without them knowing, and by the time they realize it, they’re already lost. One can only hope to find the way out by sheer chance before they met their end, whether from the elements or time itself.

And if they did meet another being within the Fae Forest - that they were friendly.

This tale follows an individual who found themself lost in the Fae Forest, desperate for a way out. They had been wandering for hours with no end in sight. Yet before all hope could be lost, they found that they were not alone in these woods.

A regally-dressed man had found them, a wry smile upon his face. It wouldn't be hard to mistake him for a human, were it not for the large pair of fairy wings upon his back.

There was a notable resemblance to Hideo, albeit considerably older - a young adult, at the very least. And his eyes were fully open and watching Kazimir.

"It would seem another lost soul has found its way into our forest," he said, "But do not worry. There is a Kingdom I can take you to, so that you will not need to wander these woods until your demise."

"Though before I bring you there, I must ask: may I have your name?"

Prompts:

Choose 1: Share your name or Do not share your name
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1070083304704978944/oie_31214723CHIp44pe1.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]

Reference for the fae's appearance (since the template doesn't like me linking inside of it)
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 21:06:00 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

It felt like he blinked with how fast he went from a simple room in a gym to an almost otherworldly forest. It was impressive in its own right and as he listened to 's voice he took a few steps to take it all in. That was until he was stopped by some kind of fairy prince of sorts who asked for his name before taking to "a kingdom".

Kaz took a second to think of his choice before taking a slight bow, if this was a storybook adventure then he might as well play along. "The name's Kazimir Wynter good sir. Can't thank you enough for the aide. This whole forest has me turned around for an entire day and I fear I may never find my way out. I hope my presence won't be too much trouble in this kingdom you speak of."

[share your name]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,426 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 20:12:31 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Yoink
[attr="class","monody"]
Caught In The Fae Wilds
The man(?) smiled, pleased with the lost one's answer. “Thank you. It is a nice name. Now, for me to aid you.

The man led the lost one into the woods. At first, it would just seem as if they were walking the same aimless path as before, but as they went further, the forest grew more vibrant, the light losing its eerie glow. One could even hear the sounds of others in the distance.

Yet the lost one felt there was a vague feeling of something missing, a strange emptiness inside.

We’ve arrived,” the strange man said. Before them was a grand kingdom, a mixture of villages, plains, and a large castle far off them both. “Allow me to introduce you to the Fae Kingdom. You are free to stay as long as you’d like, and I’m sure there are many here who would be glad to meet you.

A chuckle escaped the creature’s lips. “
Now then, I'll give you a moment to prepare yourself.” The man dissipated into a swarm of butterflies, flying off towards the castle at great speed. “For I have such a wonderful name now~

The lost one was left by themself - but only for a moment. Another creature approached them, one that seemed so human, and yet not.

Ah, so he has brought another lost soul to his kingdom to play with,” she said. “Do not fear: I am only here to help you, as I help all who come here. Now let me ask you; do you still have your name? Or has he managed to take it from you already?

Yet whether or not the lost soul wanted to share it, they would find that there was nothing to share - their name was gone, unable to even pass it through their lips!

may no longer speak his name within this thread, until he regains it.

Prompts:

React to the loss of your name
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 5:01:21 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

He takes in the scenery of the kingdom that laid before him. It was almost something out of a picture book that told the story of a fairy tale. Curiosity rose up within him as he wanted to explore the whole place just to see what kind of magical things this fake world could come up with. Before that though the fairy man stopped him and told him to prepare. "Prepare for what-"

Before he could finish his question the man turned into a swarm of butterflies that flew off. His words were a bit lost on Kazimir as he reached out towards the fleeing swarm until the voice of another creature reached out to him. Turning around he was met with the owner of the voice, this one more creaturesque than the man. When they mentioned him still having his name Kaz could only tilt his head. What did they mean by that? Still have his name?

"Uh yeah, my name's _____"

He blinked.

"It's ____" A hand reached up to his throat to gently rub it. Was his voice going out? Everything seemed fine till he tried to say his name, "____"

This time his hand was starting to rub his throat with a rough massage. He felt his jaw move, his lips form the words, but nothing came out. Not even the sound of a breath. Could...could he not even say his own name?! Eyes darted towards the creature before him, were its words more than just a fancy riddle? Cause so far it was coming true like a prophecy. "Hey did that guy actually steal it? Did he steal my name?!" He asked the creature as he jerked a thumb back towards the fading speck that was the swarm of butterflies, "How the heck do I get it back?!"

[shocked reaction]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,426 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 14:21:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","puppycat"]▇▇▇▇

[attr="class","puppycat"]Choose Your Friend
[attr="class","monody"]
Caught In The Fae Wilds
The strange creature sighed, shaking its head. "You cannot speak it for it has been taken; that Ruler of ours just loves to collect them. You cannot return to your world until you reclaim it, for anything that stays here without a name will find themselves trapped here. And in time, those trapped here become a fae, stuck here forever. Just as I have."

"
I do not wish this fate upon another, but there is only so much I can do, bound here as I am. Yet there is someone that can help you, a Fairy whose duty it is to help any lost souls here to their greatest capacity. But know this: we fae are not permitted to harm The Ruler and those he extends his protection to, and The Fairy is bound to this rule as much as we are."

As if on cue, The Fairy would come into view, taking a form the Nameless One may find familiar, perhaps comforting.

may choose one Pokemon they possess to take the role of The Fairy. They may retain their original size, or choose a smaller one. They retain their original typing(s).

The Fairy cannot directly target The Ruler or anyone who have explicitly been granted the Ruler's Protection with attacks or status moves with the intent of harming/debilitating them.

You are free to have The Fairy speak if you wish.

"You will need to reach our Ruler's castle to reclaim your name. His castle should be easy to spot from here, but you encounter fae that will interfere with your journey, intentionally or otherwise - and our Ruler does enjoy toying with those he draws here. I'd recommend going along with their games, so long as it would pose no harm to you."

"
Beyond that…I wish you good luck. May you find your way through this ordeal."

Prompts:

Choose a Pokemon possesses to be The Fairy.
Begin your journey to reclaim your name.

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 7:09:47 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Well at least I'll have help on this quest." He commented when the stranger mentioned that he wouldn't be alone in going after this name thief in his quest for revenge. The more the merrier and all that, what he wasn't expecting was this "fairy" to resemble a very familiar friend of his back home. It almost took him a minute or two to even respond to seeing the creature walk up to him and curtsy right at him.

"Buttermilk?" The fairy was indeed the spitting image of the Alcremie that waited for him back at home. Even right down to the small decorations that only he would have put on her were spot on. Still he had to keep it real, or fictional, this wasn't his own Pokemon but some kind of character meant to guide him through this story. So it was probably best to play along. Still it was kind of hard to resist the fact that it was a very cute Pokemon-Fairy. "Uh, guess we're partners for now. Nice to work with ya."

He and the fairy exchanged a handshake before waving back at the stranger as the two of them dashed into a jog towards the kingdom which was right in their sights. No way he was going to let some bratty royal keep him here by taking his name like that, his name was important!

[alcremie shall be the fairy!]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,426 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 18:36:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1074343940616097822/Fae_Kingdom_-_Whimsy.mp3[/player]
Fae Kingdom - Whimsy

[attr="class","puppycat"]Whomst Be This?
[attr="class","monody"]
A Bridge Guardian?
And so, the Nameless One was united with The Fairy. The fae that united the two waved back, walking off into the distance, until out of sight. Whether it was walking off to aid another wanderer trapped in this world, none could know.

And with that, the Nameless One and The Fairy were off, their goal simple: meet with The Ruler and regain the Nameless One's name. The Fairy was more than capable of navigating through the colorful lands to the castle, so there was no fear of being lost, no matter how confusing or illogical the layout may be.

But with the Fae, "simple" never stayed as such for long.

They soon found themselves at a bridge over a ravine, with no path around it. They would have to cross it to continue on their way, and fortunately, the bridge was well-maintained.

Yet it was hard to miss the figure at the other end of the bridge. It would be hard to make out the details at first, but as they grew closer, the figure would become much clearer, perhaps even shifting in shape.

Soon, the figure would be clear, but who was it that the Nameless One saw - or what was it?

The figure will appear as a person or Pokemon that desires to meet the most. The figure will be under control of the storyteller.

Prompts:

Choose what the figure appears to be.
React to meeting said figure.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 13:56:17 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

As the pair made their way they soon came across a bridge and a ravine that they needed to cross. The bridge itself looked sturdy enough but the more Kaz looked down below the more his stomach slowly turned on itself. Heights weren't usually something that got to him but he could swear the more he looked down the more it seemed like he himself was getting closer to the bottom, as if he was throwing himself into the ravine somehow. Maybe it was just a trick of the fairies or something, after all it could be a possibility wouldn't it?

"Just stick close, and grab onto me if you feel like your loosing your footing." He told his partner as the two of them slowly made their way across the bridge. Even if it did appear safe one could never be too careful about this sort of thing. All seemed well as they managed to get across to the end only to be stopped by another figure, this one just as small as the Alcreamie fairy but a little less familiar. Kazimir took a moment to look it up and down only to recognize that it was a Pokemon that he had met sometime ago, a Marshadow of all things.

"Well, your a sight for sore eyes. What brings ya out here?" He asked with a smile as he knelt down to meet with the creature at eye level, a sort of familiarity in his eyes as he did. He's only seen this creature once before but their meeting was so brief and filled with questions afterward that Kaz secretly hoped he would run into one. He didn't think he would run into one here of all places though, so props for this "story" to give a little fanservice. "Don't suppose you want to join us in our quest do ya buddy?"

[marshadow shall be the figure!]
[kaz tries to be friendly with it!]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,426 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 22:34:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Fae Kingdom - Whimsy

[attr="class","puppycat"]Whomst Be This?
[attr="class","monody"]
An Imposter
The Nameless One found something they'd met once before, yet desired to meet once again. A small creature, less than half their size, stood at the other end of the bridge, as if waiting for them to approach.

At least, that's how it appeared to be.

"
It sounds as if I look like a friend of yours," it spoke, "Or someone you've missed for a while. But I fear I am not what I appear to be. All that bear witness to me see something different, something they desire to meet most of all. Such is what it means to be an Imposter, and when our Ruler informed us there was a new Wanderer in our Kingdom, I was ordered to meet them. I can only assume that is you."

There was no joy in its voice; it sounded more resigned than anything.

"
I fear I would be little use to you on your journey. But if I may ask: what do I look like to you? And why is it that this is what you want to meet the most?"

Prompts:

: Answer the question(s).
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 14:12:03 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Ah. So ya know that...guy." Another friend of the ruler of this place? The sound of their voice sure didn't give off a friendly co worker vibe. More like one of someone that just puts up with a co worker. Kaz felt a little bad for the other fairy, or maybe it was just the friendly face he saw before it that gave him that feeling. Either way it was asking him what it looked like to the ginger giant so Kaz took a breath to gather his thoughts. While he himself never gave any sort of "want" to see this creature again deep down the memory of it would come up to the surface once in a while. Reminding him of a certain event that took place where the two met.

"You look like a creature belonging to a teacher of mine. They gave me and some others power after a trial with them. After that they vanished and I searched for them to learn more. Then life moved on, had other things to take care of, and I just kept the lessons they taught me as their only reminder. Still I'd very much like to see them again not gonna lie. I think I could still learn more from them."

[marshadow shall be the figure!]
[kaz tries to be friendly with it!]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,426 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 23:07:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]It be smol
[attr="class","monody"]
A Questioner
The Imposter rolled their eyes. "Yes, that Ruler. He loves playing these little games with his subjects, whether we want to or not. He's probably watching us right now. Probably in person."

A
playful chuckle could be heard in the air - the Ruler's chuckle, but it wasn't clear from what direction it came from. No matter where one looked, the Ruler wasn't in sight.

Another sigh escaped the Imposter's lips. "
Figures."

Its attention went back to the Nameless One. "
It sounds like you feel there's more you could gain from meeting this creature again. It's a fair thing to want, for one can learn much from those around them. Even simply learning of one's desires can be educational."

Its gaze moved up, to lock eyes with the Nameless One.

"
So then let me ask you this: what would you do if you cannot find this creature again?" There was no hint of malice in its voice; it was an honest question. "And those with great knowledge can be fickle about how they share it. If you do find this creature, and find it unwilling to teach you any more - what then? Or if you find it truly has nothing more to teach you?"

Prompts:

: Answer the question(s).
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 7:29:27 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

The sound of the ghostly chuckle sent both a shiver down his spine and a flaring sensation in his nostrils. The next time he sees that "Ruler" he was going to have a few choice words for him. Unfortunately words for this Marshadow Imposter's words were a bit more difficult to find. It did raise some fair questions that Kazimir himself never really considered now that he thought back about it. Its been so long that he was just always sure he would see it again and something might happen.

But what if that was just some blind optimism?

"I...guess I'd just try to improve myself my own way. Maybe at least use some of the stuff I learned from it before as a base?" They didn't sound like smart words but they were still words that he could think of. Hearing it leave his mouth did make it seem like he was just trying to find it...because he was just trying to find it. Or maybe he was just walking without directions.

"I'd at least try to convince it. If it couldn't teach me anything...huh... I guess i'd just look somewhere else. Lots of things you can learn from lots of different places and people." Not that he wouldn't appreciate at least seeing the ghostly mentor one more time at the very least to properly thank it. "Heck, I guess you could say i'm learning to not be so trusting while I chase after that ruler guy. Right?"