he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
knight of the night [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 23:30:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]▇▇▇▇

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Move on it
[attr="class","monody"]
Moving Aside
The Imposter tilted its head at the Nameless One's answers - yet the smile on its face would indicate its contentment.

"
There's always an opportunity to learn, even if it isn't easy or apparent. I'm even using the chance to learn right now - about you." The smile on its face was an honest one. "It's wise to be willing to cut your losses if you don't get what you want, while you have the freedom to do so. Some would be blinded by their faith, and fall into danger or despair when they don't get what they expected."

The levity in its voice dropped. "
And an unquestioning mind can be a very risky thing to possess in this Kingdom. You'll find many things here aren't what they look to be. Not only just an Imposter pretending to be a friend of yours."

The Imposter moved to the side - a symbolic gesture, as it hadn't been blocking the Nameless One - at least not physically.

"
I won't question your convictions any longer, Wanderer. I know you didn't come here simply to meet an illusion of your desires. I wish you fortune on the road ahead - and that you do get a chance to meet your teacher's companion once more."

Once more, the Nameless One and The Fairy would be free to continue their journey.

Prompts:

: Continue on your way.
Optional: Ask any questions you may have.

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 20:52:38 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

As the fake Marshadow moved out of the way for him to continue on his quest Kazimir took a moment to look at the road ahead of them and then look back at the Imposter Shadow. While he couldn't think of any more words to say to it he did give it a smile at least. If only as a sort of silent thanks for letting him see it one more time. Its words did ring within his head as a question did pop into his head, as it said an unquestioning mind is risky in this place so...

"Just...one last thing. This royal i'm after. There wouldn't happen to be anything that he hates? Like bad jokes or something? Cause when I find him i'm itching to give him a little bit of payback for taking my name." He'd give the shadow a bit of a pause to answer before waving farewell to it and nearly going into a sprint across the way to continue his search in his strange kingdom of familiar faces.

[asks about the royal's dislikes...]
[continues his way forward...]

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 17:58:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Pre-fight Bants
[attr="class","monody"]
Into The Ring
The Imposter brought its hand to its chin, thinking on the Nameless One's question. "The fae of this land are forbidden to speak of our Ruler's sensitivities, under harsh penalty. We cannot speak of our Ruler's height, for he grows quite unhappy hearing about it."

The Imposter shrugged. "
But you're no fae, not yet anyways, so you are free to speak as you wish. Whether or not our Ruler wishes you to. Just know he will not respond well to it."

With that, the Nameless One and the Fairy were free to go, to continue their journey. The Imposter would wave to them one last time before returning to its post, perhaps to wait for the next wayward adventurer.

As strange as the terrain may have seemed to the Nameless One, illogical even, it would be clear that they were getting closer and closer to the castle.

The next leg of their journey brought them into the woods. Much brighter and colorful than the ones they'd first been lost in, the very fauna was as alien as this kingdom. Yet up ahead, was an opening, with two fae waiting for them: one unfamiliar, a tough-looking creature, whose low posture undercut what should've been an imposing look.

The other, was very familiar.

"
Well well well, look who showed up," the Ruler leered, "And here I was expecting you to get lost 'til you became my subject. I was just having a little chat with my Fighter friend here about what to do with you. Tell me, did you enjoy getting tricked by the Imposter? I always enjoy overhearing what people say to them."

Prompts:

: Banter with the Ruler
Optional: Put the information you got from The Imposter to use

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 8:26:11 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

As they made their way further in they were greeted by an all too familiar face as well as a new one that was making the hairs on the back of Kaz's neck tingle. He was surprised to run into him so soon again but that just meant that he could get this over with much much faster. And if he had to tussle with his "friend" then that was just a bonus to the giant man. He was ready for a fight as he made his quest so actually getting to use his brawn was just proof that he was on the right path.

The mention of the Imposter's words being false did make him hesitate on being full on aggressive. He really didn't want to believe something wearing a familiar face would just lie to him but he was stuck in a world where some snooty royal took his goddamn name. Anything was possible. It all just meant that he would need to make that gamble and make due with what he got.

"Tricked? Please I was just chatting with an old buddy is all. Why would they lie to me? Though I am sad that our time was cut a little short. It was probably for the best cause I wanted to make sure I took my time to see how you measured up once I found your prissy butt." Word play may not have been his forte but Kaz felt like the words were just coming to him the more he thought about punching the royal in the face.

"As for your buddy there...well if you think some extra muscle is gonna help then throwing it at me might be fun it sure ain't gonna be help to you. Y'know unless you add some muscles to those legs of your and maybe gain an inch down there. So yeah, what exactly were ya gonna do to me?"

[makes fun of the royal's height]
[hopes that imposter's words were true

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 19:36:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Ding Ding
[attr="class","monody"]
Get Ready To Rumble
The Ruler chuckled at the Nameless One's initial reaction, seeing the doubt on his face. "Not many are happy to know the one they wished to meet most is just some lousy Imposter. I've tried getting that one to avoid spilling the beans about it so soon, but it does give us a chance to learn about you, doesn't it?"

As the Nameless One answered, the grin on The Ruler's face began to drop. The first height pun brought it down slightly, while the second lowered it to a neutral expression. The third one, the direct reference to his legs, lowered his brow.

"
Well, aren't you a mouthy one? You're lucky you weren't already a Fae, or the magic of this realm would've already smited you for your impertinence. Guess I'll just have to make my friend here to do it for me. And I'll just add a small touch right here~"

With a wave of his finger, dust flew out around the Fighter, a momentary shine covering its body. "
And would you look at that! The Fighter here's got my blessing! I'm sure he'll cut you down to size with that."

The Fighter now possesses the Ruler's Blessing. They cannot be targeted by attacks from other Fae, including The Fairy. Any Fae that does find a way to directly harm a Fae with the Ruler's Blessing will die.

He offered one more sneer to the Nameless One, patting the Fighter on the back before floating off into the woods. There was still the undesirable sensation that he was still watching them.

"Ugh. Sorry, but the Ruler's words are law," the Fighter groaned, raising its arms, ready to fight. "He told me I just gotta beat you up…"

Just how would the Nameless One handle this situation?

Prompts:

must find a way to handle The Fighter. You may play this fight out as you wish, even controlling The Fighter, who may utilize moves appropriate for an Aggron.
1. You must use at least 3 different attacks and incorporate at least 1 ability.
2. Due to the Ruler's Blessing, any Fae (including The Fairy) cannot target the Fighter with any attacks. Trying to circumvent this to have The Fairy harm the Fighter will be fatal for The Fairy.
3. The Fighter isn't as tough as its appearance may imply, and doesn't truly want to kill him.
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 7:21:26 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Hey wait! My beef is with you!" Kaz called out to the Royal Pain in The Ass as he disappeared into the woods leaving his lackey and Kaz with his sidekick on their lonesome. This was almost expected of him and Kaz sort of knew that he was probably going to get this muscle headed metal lizard look-a-like do his dirty it still was a bit of a sore spot that he let him just go like that. Guess that just meant he would need to deal with the current obstacle who seemed like they were eager to fight, on the surface anyway because something about his stance didn't quite scream "fighter" to Kazimir.

Still it was better to not underestimate anything especially in this world. "Well if I gotta get through you first then, bring it on big boy." His little Alcremie fairy gave a small applause for his courage which was a helping hand for Kaz as he took the first step and ran up at the Fighter to deliver a jumping kick right at him. The Fighter did prove himself competent as he raised up his arms to block the oncoming attack and shrug it off, pushing Kaz back to the floor as he then rolled out of the way of an iron tail that slapped the ground with a mighty crunch.

As he got to his feet the floor underneath him began to be covered in pink mist as the Alcremie set up a misty terrain to assist Kaz in any shape or form. A valiant effort that the human hoped he could make use of somehow. Turning his attention back to the Fighter he watched as it taunted him with a gesture and a roar to come at him once again. Thanks to the smell of the Alcremie's aroma veil that entered his nostrils Kaz was able to keep his cool as he circled around the fighter to try and find an opening on it.

"Seriously why work for that guy huh? Ain't he just a complete jerk, heck he couldn't even leave you some back up to stop me, cause let me tell you this." The human started to run again, making the Alcremie worried but knew that with a calm mind it could give the encouragement he needed. Unfortunately Kaz was quicker to act and charged ahead, this time slipping around the Aggron and delivering a drop kick to its back.

[fights against the Fighter!]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 23:20:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
Rumbled
The battle between the Nameless One and the Fighter was a valiant one indeed, the Nameless One proving to be no slouch in skill and technique.

They had caught on to a hole in the loop the Ruler's Blessing meant to bind them: the Fairy could not attack the Fighter, but they could still target one without the Blessing - the Nameless One themself.

And they fought with more than just body.

"
B-because I have to!" answered the Fighter, its voice wavering. That moment was all the Nameless One needed to bring the Fighter to the ground, the large fae sobbing as it covered its head in defeat.

It spoke between choked sobs. "
I yield! I yield! I never wanted to be a Fighter! But the Ruler says I'm a big tough guy, so I can't be anything but a Fighter. All I wanna do is farm, but 'cause the Ruler says I gotta fight!"

It was clear the Fighter didn't have any fight left in them - and by then, the Ruler was already gone, off elsewhere.

"
Nobody…nobody likes doing what he says, but we gotta because those are the rules in the Kingdom. Anyone that doesn't follow the rules gets in big trouble."

Prompts:

Talk with the Fighter

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 20:41:02 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

A fist was raised up above Kaz's head as the Fighter started to cower before him and explain he was only doing this because he was ordered to. That he himself didn't even want to be the muscle to the ruler of this land and was only doing it because it was "the rules" of the land. Seeing him like that relaxed Kazimir's fist and the man knelt down putting a hand on the shoulder of the large fae.

"Sorry if I hurt ya then, unlike you I'm sort of a Fighter back home. But I at least try to fight for other people and it sounds like you and everyone else have it rough." He looked back at the Alcremie lookalike and wondered if the same thing was true for them even if they were helping him on this journey. Seeing this big lug like this was starting to make something well up inside of Kazimir, a sense of empathy he was all too familiar with as he stood up and looked in the direction that the Ruler made off too.

Well if this place's rules are that much of a burden for ya I guess I'm gonna have to change them. And I bet dealing with that monarch of yours is the fastest way to do it. That's a promise."
[/b]

[promises to change things!]

[/div][/div][/div][/div]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 17:05:22 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
A Question
The Fighter's distress was genuine; it let its guard fully down the moment the Nameless One lowered their fist.

"
It's…it's not your fault. I attacked you first." The Fighter sat back up, sitting lower than the Nameless One stood. "And you gotta protect yourself. You're a pretty good Fighter. Better than me."

The Fighter let out a sigh. "
Yeah, it's really rough. The Rulers change sometimes, but the one we got right now can be really mean sometimes. He doesn't listen to anyone but himself, and nobody can change his mind about anything. Think the only thing that's changed about him is that illusion he keeps up."

The fae's mouth shut, looking around nervously. Whatever it was looking for didn't react or answer. "
Uh, don't tell anyone I said that! I could get in big trouble if anyone finds out I said that."

Another secret about the Ruler, shared with the Nameless One.

There was another moment of silence before the Fighter opened its mouth once - then shut it. It seemed to deliberate for moment before its mouth opened yet again, this time speaking.

"
If you could change something about yourself, what would you want to change? I wish I could be as tough as people want me to be…"

Prompts:

: Talk with the Fighter
(Will move on to the next event after this round)

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 9:10:05 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

An eyebrow was raised when the Fighter mentioned something about the Royal keeping up an illusion and Kaz wondered if it had to do with how he was acting when he was making fun of his height. Guess the Royal son of a gun wasn't all that put together as he liked, that would come in handy if they crossed paths once again. "Don't worry your secret is safe with me." He winked at the fighter and held a finger to his mouth to signify he would keep the secret...until it was needed.

When the question was brought up about what he would change about himself it broke the confidence that was held up a moment ago. Kaz lingered on the question and thought. What could he change about himself? He liked to think that he was a capable person. He was sort of happy with himself as a person but maybe there was something else that could change. Maybe something related to his "hero" work? Ability didn't feel like an issue to him so maybe... "I wish I could...I don't know. I wish I could be more inspiring to people. I fight to help people and make them smile and give them peace, but I worry I'm nothing but a fool to people. At least that's what I could change but that sounds kinda selfish don't it?"

[kaz gets...maybe a bit too real and vunerable?]

[fights against the Fighter!]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 19:08:28 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Plink Plink Plonk
[attr="class","monody"]
Bridge II: Bardic Boogaloo
The Fighter nodded, pleased the Nameless One would keep the secret. It even mimicked the gesture

"
There's nothing selfish about wanting to be inspiring. A lotta people just want to give people hope that they can have a better future. And if anything, you're inspiring to me: you can look tough, and I know you got the strength to protect others. You're kinda like a fae that I wish I could be."

The fae stood back up. "
I'm gonna go back to my home now. You're on the right track to reaching the Ruler's castle, though I wouldn't be surprised if he's got something else in store for you."

With that, the large fae made its way out of the clearing. The way forward was clear for the Nameless One - in the sense that there weren't any obstacles or fae in the way.

They were still in a forest, after all, one that seemed to reach out forever.

--------

Fortunately, the forest didn't go on forever. The castle was in sight, the city it sat in within reach. The Nameless One need only cross a stone bridge to reach it.

But they and the Fairy weren't the only ones on the bridge: atop the parapet of the bridge sat a fae, its shape much more like a human - yet clearly not.

It held a lute, plucking away aimlessly. It stopped once it took notice of the Nameless One, waving to them.

"Greetings, traveller!" It shouted, remaining on its seat. "I'd been told that you would come this way. On your way to the Ruler's castle, are you? Pray, stay a moment. I wish to speak with you."

It didn't seem to present any threat at the moment.

Prompts:

: Choose what you want to do

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 6:30:48 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

The large man scratched the side of his face as it started to tint a little bit red. While this was all just some illusion receiving compliments from it still felt nice. At least it reminded him that he was still a strong fighter at the very least. He might go down as some villain even in this story but he was going to at least go down swinging once he say that Royal again. "Aw, I'm just me. And hey don't count yourself out man, you got some serious muscle on ya. Just work on it and being tough will come naturally. Trust me. And thanks for the warning." Even if they never saw each other again he wanted to leave the Fighter with a bit of reassurance for himself.

Soon he was back on the road again making his way deeper into the forest until he came across a familiar scene. Another bridge. There were differences however with the biggest one being the city within his vision. That and the other strange fae that was playing a lute and called out to him. "Uh..." He wasn't on a time limit was he? Plus so far every bit of pausing gave him some clue on how to deal with the guy he was chasing so what could one more talk hurt? "Yeah sure thing bud. Anything I can help you with?"

[kaz stays for a chat!]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 0:19:31 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Plink Plink Plonk
[attr="class","monody"]
Sing With Me A Song
Perhaps if the Nameless One left this world, their words would still remain in the Fighter's heart. But let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

The fae before the Nameless One nodded, plucking a few more notes on its lute.
"Perhaps you can aid me, oh wandering one."

"I am a Troubadour by trade - and by assignment, courtesy of our wondrous Ruler. He often had me regale him with tales from my home, tales from those I've met, tales from those that found themselves in this land. Alas, my liege has told me he's grown bored of my tales, and sent me out to find more."

Another pair of notes plucked away.

"In particular, he wanted me to speak to you. To learn about you, about who you are and what your life was like outside of here."

The Troubadour laid its lute on its lap.

"So then; would you be willing to talk about yourself for a bit? To share a tale or two of your life?"

Prompts:

: Choose whether or not you're willing to share tales about your life.
Optional: Ask any questions you may have

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 15:56:47 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

Tales of his life? Where does he even begin? If he made a list of the things he's done and seen he could probably fill his own little book full of short stories of a brave soul fighting against monsters. Hold on...

"You want stories? How about one where I traveled to a beautiful utopia by the sea. Waters so blue they shine like sapphires when the light hits. Caverns full of crystals that could paint a hundred rainbows if you could gather them all. It was a place that felt so alive even when it was untouched by man and beast." He's embellishing it a little, but not even a phantom minstrel needed to know about the horror that was the Ultra Sea. Besides all the best stories had a little bit of flowery prose to them didn't they?

"I went there to slay a beast. Yet this beast stood like any other man there was, but their flesh. Oh did their flesh look anything but." The alien form of flashes in his mind. He might not remember the face but he couldn't forget the feeling of fear going toe to toe with that thing. "This creature found me before I could find it and decided to try and make a meal out of me. I would have lost a leg to its stomach if my own skills and luck didn't save me. Even with all my strength I could not vanquish this creature as it managed to escape my grasp, but make no mistake one day I will go back there and take its head. I'll stake my life on it."

He finished his story with a flex of his arm to show that he would indeed keep his promise if he ever saw it again. Or so he wanted the bard to believe it to add a bit of flair to the story. "Now how about some give and take? I share a story of mine how about you share one of...this land. I'm the adventurer type so visiting new lands is always thrilling for me as well as their history."

[kaz shares his time in ultra deep sea]
[kaz asks for a tale from this land]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 19:24:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Tink tink tonk
[attr="class","monody"]
A Monster In The Woods
The Troubadour smiled, listening as the Nameless One shared their story, a tale of beautiful lights and color crystals, of a hunt for a beast most fearsome and strange. "Seems the hunted became the hunter on that day," the Troubadour jested, nodding along as the tale was told. "Not all can acquire what they seek on the first go. What's important is that you lived another day, so that you can make a new attempt when you're ready."

The Nameless One's request did get an eyebrow raise from the Troubadour - and a chuckle. "Well then, bold of you to make such a request! But I suppose fair is fair; I can impart a tale upon you."

The Troubadour played a few notes as it spoke, to accent its story.

There was once a remote village that sat deep in the woods. They'd had a run of misfortune; livestock being let out, supplies being stolen, strange noises in the woods. In time, they all came to a realization: there was a monster in the woods. But they didn't know who or what it was.

Fear swept across the village, and soon, reports of the monster came in. They often contradicted each other, yet they only rationalized these inconsistencies as things the monster could do; it could be on different sides of the village seconds apart because of its great speed, it could appear as anything because it could change shape, it could overturn a silo because of its great strength.

Soon, they found their monster: one who had moved to the village but a year before these incidents happened. They cast out this villager, elated that they'd finally rid themselves of their tormentor; the farmer who'd forgotten to close his livestock's gate could rest easy, the trader who'd dropped his tools in the lake could work with ease, and the fledgling singer could return to her practice with a calm heart. Their lives could finally return to normal.

But not for the one that they'd cast out. Their life had been destroyed over something they had no responsibility for, and that drew wrath into their heart. The village had deemed them a monster despite their innocence, and they sought vengeance for being wronged.

In the dead of night, they'd sneak into the village, slaughtering the farmer's livestock. Another night, the trader's workshop burned down. And many a night's sleep was interrupted by truly horrific noises off in the distance.

The villagers knew true terror, for there was a monster in the woods.

The Troubadour stopped their tune, laying their lute down, a smile still strong on their face.

"Life has its ways of changing us, whether we want it to or not. So tell me a tale, one of an event in your life that changed you, that shaped you into what you are today."

Prompts:

: Share a thread that changed you as a character ICly, in your character's own words. Include a link to that thread.

MADE BY MIZO