Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ambush! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 20:47:42 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas had an uneasy feeling today. It wasn't just the fact that he was on a mountain that effectively acted as a graveyard for Pokemon. Rather, it was the reason why he was here. A woman had come to him, begging for help with her missing brother. What he noticed was that she seemed to be specifically seeking Thomas out to do the job. When he told her where she could submit her claim, she acted insistent that he take the job. It was a definite red flag, for sure.

"This is around where she said he'd be...", muttered Thomas.

Accompanying the trainer was a Lucario. One who looked to be very confident in his prowess, well trained to boot. "Cobalt, ping the area! We're looking for an injured biker. Though I have my doubts, so if anything else comes up, lemme know.", Thomas told the Lucario, who gave him a nod of affirmation, before focusing his senses to identify any auras within the area. Meanwhile, Thomas kept his eyes peeled, looking for any signs of bike tracks, something that would show where a bike was going down, and where it could've gone and crashed.

The problem was, there were no bike tracks in the area. Perhaps it was paranoia, but Thomas immediately grabbed for the first Pokeball he could grab, and cautiously proceeded. Feeling this, Cobalt would stick close to his master, should things go awry.

tags:
notes: Here we go~

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Ambush! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 23:24:13 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]
[attr="class","frphoetop"]
[attr="class","frphoeimg"]

[attr="class","frphoetab"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyric"]

WEARING OUR[break]VINTAGE MISERY

NO, I THINK IT LOOKED A LITTLE BETTER ON ME

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotes"]
[attr="class","frphoenotes2"]

mission details

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetab2"]

[attr="class","frphoepost1"]
[attr="class","frphoepost2"]
[attr="class","frphoepost3"]

The whole plan was stupid. She wasn't sure who had been in charge of it, but they should be fired.[break][break]

The man she was sent to assassinate was already suspicious, she could tell by the heavy steps he took. He wasn't buying this whole 'search for a missing biker' story. In fact, he absolutely shouldn't. The biker had been missing a week ago and had been found safely already.[break][break]

This was a total fucking setup, easily. [break][break]

But yet, here he still was, walking right into the wide open trap. Maybe he was just as stupid as the person who sent her on this hare-brained mission.[break][break]

Hades would glance to his master, waiting for orders. His muscles were taught with anticipation, waiting for Emma to allow him the chance to take him down. But someone of this calibre wasn't to be so willingly trusted. He was packing heat, surely.[break][break]

Also, given the fact the man had brought a Lucario, it was likely enough that if they got any closer, the aura Pokemon would see them immediately. They would need to ambush the brute of a fighting type and disable it.[break][break]

Crobat, small and fast, comes in like a needle, precise and pinpointed. The CONFUSE RAY it sends off should be enough to distract it just long enough for Emma's Lycanroc to spring his own attack. The werewolf snarls, TAUNTING the Lucario into attacking him. Once he does, the Lycanroc will be poised to COUNTER, slamming the Lucario into the dirt.[break][break]

Emma will then appear from her shitty hiding spot that was so stupid no one could have possibly thought she was hiding there, looking a little bit bored and tired.[break][break]

"I really didn't think you'd fall for such an obvious bait, Thomas Benoit. Seems that my intel on you must be false, you can't possibly be as smart as I was warned you'd be. I'm disappointed."[break][break]

[attr="class","frphoelyric3"]

HEY, YOUNG BLOOD, DOESN'T IT FEEL LIKE OUR TIME IS RUNNING OUT?

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoe table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetop]background-color:#60495a;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimg]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetab]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric3]background-color:#60495a;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoepost1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost1 b]10px Roboto;color:#60495a[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetab1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#60495a;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetab2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotes]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ambush! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 3:09:41 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Indeed, the trap was sprung as he expected. But rather than directly attack him head on, the assailant was smart enough to take out his Lucario. The Crobat that sprung from the shadows would distract the Lucario with a Confuse Ray. But its entrance came along fast enough that Thomas, who was already on alert, would bring out another combatant from his Pokeball. The Lycanroc that emerged had easily lulled the Lucario in with his taunt. Due to his youth, Cobalt made the mistake of going after the wolf, attempting to bash it in with a brutal Meteor Mash. The attack would land, with the opponent slamming the Lucario into the ground with a vicious Counter, bringing down the Lucario.

Freke would attempt to latch onto the the Crobat with Telekinesis, before attempting to blast it with Psychic force into the ground in an attempt to take out the opposing Pokemon. Thomas would then quickly send another of his Pokemon out. A Clawitzer would come out of the Pokeball near him. While this was far from ideal, given that Colt was best off being placed as a sniper, he had to take out the Lycanroc fast.

"Open fire!"

The Clawitzer would fire off a Water Pulse towards the Lycanroc.

It was then that a woman popped out from the shadows. What struck him as strange was the fact that she came from a hiding spot that no pro would've considered, looking rather bored and tired. "What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment!", Thomas told her, a slight grin of audacity on his face. The trainer was in a fighting stance, practically waiting for any surprises the woman had in store for him. He had no doubt the woman was only a distraction for her other Pokemon to roll in.

"Besides, I was curious as to why I've been singled out. Good to know who's coffee I pissed in, y'know?", he'd tell the woman.

tags:
notes: Lucario Down, Alakazam and Clawitzer sent out. Alakazam used Telekinesis and Psychic on Crobat. Clawitzer used Water Pulse on Lycanroc

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Ambush! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 15:05:20 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

Just as quickly as Crobat appeared and the Lucario taken care of, the man in question reacted. Two more of his Pokemon appeared, with an Alakazam using it's psychic ability to immediately eliminate the poison-type. [break][break]

The Clawitzer's water pulse is directed at her Lycanroc, but while she seems to pay no mind to this, and continues to have an enboldened conversation with the man in front of her, Lycanroc also remains indifferent.[break][break]

Seemingly from out of nowhere, a Scolipede tumbles into positon, using its body as a shield to PROTECT Hades from the water pulse. The rock-type Pokemon side-steps, brushing off a few drops of water. [break][break]

Crobat remains dazed and limp in the tall grass, recollecting his bearings and otherwise useless. As usual. Meanwhile, three spiders drop down from trees nearby, effectively using their stealth to incapacitate the threats. [break][break]

Emma's Galvantula, in particular, uses her ELECTRO WEB to not only stun Thomas, but retrieve his belt of pokeballs, hopefully preventing him from releasing any more Pokemon to defend himself. In combination with her COMPOUND EYES, she's fairly certain she didn't miss.[break][break]

Ariados and Araquanid merely stood by, SPIDER WEBS launching from their mouths. [break][break]

"Are you really that curious? Usually people know right away why I'm here. I've come to collect a debt, Mr. Benoit. And it's not something you can pay with money."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoe]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetop]background-color:#60495a;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimg]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric3]background-color:#60495a;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoepost1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetab1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#60495a;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetab2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotes]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ambush! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 15:32:57 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Colt looked on with annoyance as the Scolipede intercepted his attack. When the spiders drop down, Freke manages to take notice to the Galvantula, who attempted to go for Thomas' belt of Pokeballs. The Electroweb that latches onto his belt fails to stun Thomas, thanks to the carbon tape lining on his clothes insulating him from the current. However, the line successfully managed to latch onto his belt, snatching it away, while . Acting quickly, the Alakazam attempts to latch onto the belt with Psychic, and hit the mechanisms of the three remaining Pokeballs with Telekinesis.

A Hydreigon, a Scizor, and a Galvantula all pop out from their respective Pokeballs. Upon manifesting above the field, Kalameet the Hydreigon immediately Focuses his Energy, before going for the Galvantula, attempting to blast it with a Dragon Pulse. Meanwhile, Ripper the Scizor performs a Swords Dance, before lunging at the Ariados with a Bullet Punch. Thread the Galvantula first attempts to hose down the Araquanid with Gastro Acid, before firing off an Electro Web into its Water Bubble.

Colt dashes to the side with an Aqua Jet, before attempting to blast at the Lycanroc again, this time with an Aura Sphere. Freke would attempt to blast the Scolipede with Psychic.

"Oh, you must be Silas' pet assassin! What'd I do to piss Rocket off, exactly, hm? Was it my role in pulling the Commissioner out? I doubt it, since that outcome seemed planned on Rocket's part. Was it my raid on where that Gym Leader was being held? I fucked up so many of your boys, it's absurd!", Thomas called out to Emma.

tags:
notes: Alakazam quickly hit the buttons on the three remaining Pokeballs, bringing out Scizor, Hydreigon, and Galvantula. Scizor used Swords Dance and Bullet Punch, targeting Ariados. Hydriegon used Focus Energy and Dragon Pulse, targeting the opposing Galvantula. Galvantula used Gastro Acid and Electro Web, both targeting Araquanid. Alakazam used Psychic, targeting Scolipede. Clawitzer used Aqua Jet to dash, then Aura Sphere, targeting Lycanroc.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Ambush! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2019 3:03:09 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

It's that precious moment of distraction that she was waiting for. That moment where Thomas' attention is on his belt, on desperately trying to defend himself. [break][break]

Lakhesis lands her web with ease. While one of Emma's newer additions to the team, she had latched on quickly to her job. She's the distraction, she's Emma's brief window of opportunity.[break][break]

And does she ever play her part perfectly.[break][break]

Well.. almost. The sight of another Galvantula is startling to her. Up until this moment, it had been only her. It's that lapse in thought that causes her to fumble the belt, allowing Thomas' psychic type to grab it.[break][break]

Emma is not at all fazed when three more Pokemon appear. It's irritating, yes, but not surprising. Her prey always fight hardest when they're taking their last breath.[break][break]

Each of her Pokemon seem to simultaneously back off the moment Emma takes a neat step forward. Because, in all of that confusion and smack talk, Emma has locked down her target.[break][break]

Her weapon of choice this time is a gun. It's equipped with a suppressor and laser sight. The way she wields it is practised, clean. This is a walk in the park for her. [break][break]

It's trained on his neck, highlighting any sweat that might be trickling down his throat.[break][break]

"You're no better than the Rockets you're so proud to say you've conquered. You act as though all of the people who work for Rocket are villains, as if they want to do terrible things."[break][break]

Her finger holds the trigger, and she can see from the corner of her eye several spiders crawling out from under bushes and out of trees and behind rocks and dips and folds in the terrain.[break][break]

It seems that Atropos' ability, SWARM had activated upon taking damage. Hundreds of Spinarak and Joltik and other small, creepy, clingy bug-types would swarm Thomas and his Pokemon, constantly moving and distracting. Hades, after taking the brunt of the aura sphere with braced forearms, would take a knee beside Emma.[break][break]

The rest of the Beast's Pokemon would essentially do the same. Their purpose was to protect Emma and allow her to take her shot - they weren't to interfere or get involved. This was between Thomas and Emma, and had nothing to do with them.[break][break]

"Tell me, Mr. Benoit. Did you enjoy hurting innocent people, simply because they were doing the dirty work of an evil man? Did you feel proud, when you watched them take their last breath, when you stepped on them as though they were dirt beneath your feet?"[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ambush! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2019 4:38:47 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The group of five would watch on as their attacks managed to connect with their opposition. Strangely, none of them would fight back. Instead, the five backed off, taking kneeling positions around their mistress, who pulled a gun on their master. But before they could react, a large swarm of small Spinarak and Joltik would swarm the team, leaping onto their bodies, and crawling around to distract them.

The swarm of spiders would catch the five Pokemon off guard, all of them attempting to shake off the Pokemon. Ripper and Thread in particular would have an easier time, the both of them being insects themselves, with Thread being a fellow arachnid, while Ripper's steel body afforded him a degree of protection. Kalameet would seem to have the worst time of it, his Dark-typing Thomas, with Freke just barely faring better thanks to Magic Guard. Colt would attempt to shake off the smaller spiders in annoyance. Thomas, on the other hand, would maintain his composure, despite the spiders crawling over his body.

"You think I don't know that Rocket pulls in desperate people, or outright conscripts their victims? While I feel for those sorry souls that get sucked into the Rocket machine, those who decided to serve the organization for coin made their choice! At the end of the day, they willingly chose to participate in Rocket's activities, at the cost of the blood of any innocents they'd have to shed along the way just to make their pay!", he would respond to her, the gun aimed at his throat not even fazing him. This was far from the first time he had dealt with the prospect of death. The trainer's focus was on the woman's hand, waiting for the moment that she would fire the gun.

When she asked him if he took pride in the deaths he caused, he just narrowed his good eye at her. "What the hell are you talking about, me being proud of any of that!? If you're talking about the three that died during the rescue of the Commissioner, those deaths were unfortunate, regrettable. What my subordinate, and her Pokemon did to those men was out of line! I would've much rather preferred the men alive.", he'd tell her. "As for the men I brought down during that raid, Cobalt there would've been able to sniff out any decent souls among the bunch. And trust me, the only decent soul in that place was the hostage they were guarding! And while I might've broken them, I made sure not to kill those men! Your boy, Jayde Cross, on the other hand, didn't seem to give a shit if they got caught in the crossfire of his companion's attacks!", he'd tell her.

"You can take it how you want, but I try to go out of my way not to kill those that I deal with! Whether they're innocent souls caught up in the horrors of Rocket, or those who gladly perpetuate the nightmare, I do my best to keep them alive! Those innocent souls you speak of, I'd rather give them the chance to start over again, to live a life free from the horrors they were forced to endure, and inflict upon others! And for those evil souls that gleefully carry our Rocket's will, I wish to see them answer for their actions!", he would tell her, his gaze hardened, his voice sincere.

"But tell me this, why is a Rocket assassin so concerned with innocent lives, and whether her targets are any better or worse than her employers, hm? Why the fuck does any of that matter to you? I crossed Rocket, that's all that matters, isn't it?", he'd ask her.

tags:
notes: -

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Ambush! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 2:46:47 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

"Do you think then, that just by looking at them, you can tell which are the sorry saps conscripted into Rocket, and which are the dirty ones who are only in it for the money?"[break][break]

The way she presents her words would suggest a scoff, a sarcastic laugh indicating she was irritated. Nothing of the sort came. Her voice remained calm and indifferent, stoic. Unfeeling.[break][break]

The hundreds of spiders and various bug-types prevent Thomas' Pokemon from attacking her or stopping her. At this point, he has no choice but to stand idle and curse her name.[break][break]

While her physique doesn't falter and her face remains emotionless and like stone -- something in her does crumble. While she has no reason to trust this man, as all of her targets crumble under the pressure of death, this time it seems different.[break][break]
There's no fear in the man's eyes. He continues to stare her down, as if daring her to pull the trigger. Normally nothing would have stopped her, but she had changed.[break][break]

Her assignment had been clean. She had been told Thomas Benoit was a murderer and had mercilessly slain Rocket operatives. While she wasn't entirely sure if the three individuals killed during the rescue attempt on Dahlia Goode were part of their organization, she had also been informed that Benoit had been involved in the careless disposal of a different set of grunts.[break][break]

In the end, they were all pawns in some big game Silas was playing. So why was she so surprised to hear the truth?[break][break]

Something that he said earlier resounds in her head again, and she repeats it in her head, her voice wistful and full of conflict.[break][break]

'And what of my soul? It might be the filthiest one of all.'[break][break]

And then Thomas poses her a question, something she wasn't prepared for. Her targets never asked questions.[break][break]

"That's what matters to Rocket, but not to me. I hunt down monsters, not petulent, wannabe heroes."[break][break]

She squeezes the trigger, but her aim has shifted in the blink of an eye from his neck to his shoulder. It appears that she missed, but she hasn't missed at all. She'll put away her gun as he would certainly stumble backwards and slide off the edge of the short cliff. It would be rough, and he would be in a great deal of pain, but he would live.[break][break]

Emma Wolfe would stand on the edge to glance down at him, her gaze unyielding in their seriousness.[break][break]

"Make better choices. Next time, I won't miss."[break][break]

Without missing a beat, she would disappear. The swarm of spiders from earlier would very likely lighten the fall and shield him from life-threatening harm. Upon hitting the ground they would all scatter and disappear as well.[break][break]

If Thomas tried to find her, his attacker would be long gone and without a trace, no evidence at all to lead back to her.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ambush! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 6:51:11 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"They have ways of revealing themselves. But unless Rocket's basic training program includes the ability to mask one's Aura, then a Lucario's more than capable of sniffing them out.", Thomas replied to her. "I may not be able to read minds, or intentions, but that's what friends are for!", he continued with a grin of audacity.

The fact that the hundreds of spiders were inhibiting and distracting his Pokemon was annoying. Then again, the fact that the woman's Ariados used its ability to call upon a swarm of smaller spiders was rather impressive. If by some miracle, Thomas got out of this alive, he'd have to look into it. Though at this point, he doubted that anyone was coming to save him, considering the usual routes in and out were webbed off, the woman had a gun to his throat, and his Pokemon were being swarmed to the point where they wouldn't be able to step in.

Before Thomas could remark on what she had to say, gunfire would erupt, after a quick shift in aim. Thomas grunted as he instinctively gripped his shoulder in pain, stumbling back before falling over the cliff. The drop was short, albeit painful. The insects that were crawling all over him, incidentally, spared him the worst effects of the fall. As they scuttled away, Thomas was left to writhe on the ground in agony, gripping his wounded shoulder.

Thomas looked up at the woman, a fire in his eye. As much as he tried, he couldn't belt out a response to the woman's remark, agonized hissing is all that came out as he lay there. Internally, he was asking himself what caused the woman to change her mind. And how would she justify outright sparing the man, once Rocket found out he was still alive.

Kalameet would react to his friend's fall with a Roar of rage. Whatever remained of the small spiders would immediately scuttle away as the group of five were freed. Thread would quickly scuttle over to peer over the cliff, seeing that their master was still alive, albeit wounded. Thread cried out to the group, causing most of them to converge onto the cliff. Freke, meanwhile, would use Telekinesis to grab Thomas' fallen belt, taking Cobalt's vacant Pokeball, and recalling their fallen ally.

Thread would make his way down the cliff side, making his way next to his master in order to comfort him. "Thread. I-I.", Thomas tried to speak. "I'm. sorry.", he'd tell the insect. The Galvantula would rummage through Thomas' things, noticing the rubbing, as well as some other supplies for field dressing wounds. Thomas nodded to the insect, knowing what he had to to. Weakly managing to get the cap off, Thomas would take the rubbing alcohol, applying it to his wound with an agonized grunt. The familiar burning sensation of the alcohol to his wound wasn't pleasant in the slightest.

After disinfecting his wound, Thomas would begin to temporarily patch it up, allowing Thread to fix the patch job with an application of String Shot. "Thank you, Thread...", Thomas tells the creature, before slumping back to the ground, breathing and hissing heavily.

While Thread was tending to his master, Freke and Kalameet were recalling Ripper and Colt, both of them furious with the result of the ambush. Ripper wanted to smash the woman's skull in with his pincers, while Freke was overall bitter with not even being able to finish off that Lycanroc. While Kalameet and Freke were no doubt unhappy with what transpired, they were more focused on getting Thomas some proper treatment.

Kalameet, with Freke on his back, would descend down the cliff, getting to where Thomas ended up. Freke would recall the Galvantula, then use Telekinesis to offer his master some help up onto the Hydreigon's back. Thomas would do his best to make his own way up, before conceding to the Alakazam's assistance, finally slumping onto the Hydreigon's back.

When the dragon attempted to turn towards Lilycove, Thomas would immediately protest. "Verdanturf, please!", he told Kalameet weakly. The two Pokemon were shocked at their master's decision. "They might... have people in the hospital... waiting to finish the job. Jasmine... can take care of me...", Thomas managed to tell them.

With that in mind, Kalameet would turn towards Verdanturf, flying as fast as he could manage towards the small town. While it would no doubt be a longer journey, he understood what his master meant. All the Alakazam could do was attempt to comfort his wounded master during the long, arduous flight.

tags:
notes: -

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Ambush! (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 16:05:56 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

His comment made her scoff. Whatever happened to trusting your gut instead of relying on your Pokemon? They're wild animals, not lie detectors. And the fact that he called his Lucario a friend equally amused her.[break][break]

When he fell off the side of the cliff, she was relieved to be effectively cut out of the conversation. She had grown tired of listening to him talk and talk about nothing.[break][break]

One by one her spiders returned to her belt alongside Scolipede and Crobat. The only Pokemon remaining by her side was Hades, who kept a careful watch to ensure none of Thomas' Pokemon would attempt to tackle them from behind.[break][break]

Emma had no worries though, she was certain that she would leave uninterrupted. His Pokemon, if they really were his 'friends', would be more preoccupied with rescuing their trainer than to worry about her.[break][break]

She would deal with the consequences of her unfinished assignment later. But for now, Thomas was as good as dead in the eyes of Rocket. For now, Rocket wouldn't know any different.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES