TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the bee's knees [m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 1:20:45 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","widesquaremaverick"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Hundreds of reports of a hyper aggressive beedrill swarm hit the hoenn newsfeed and claimed it as breaking news for the past day or so. Police heavily advise to avoid Fortres City as much as possible, evacuate if you live there immediately. Already, countless reports of injuries have been filed and more keep coming in. The nearby hospitals, full to the brim. The League has asked any trainer’s with experience to help either relocated them, knock them out, or kill them entirely. The choice is up to them but please, act quickly and be careful.[break][break]

Unfortunately for Maverick, the league has requested him, of all people, to help eliminate the threat. He was told to meet up with another, on the outskirts of the city. It was there where he stood right next to the make shift cement barricades that surround the city. Him and his beloved canine, Azula. The massive six foot seven houndoom stood tall, nostrils flared underneath the rapidash skull she worn over own. A low growl rumbled in her chest, scenting the dangerous swarm within the city. If you were quite enough, a low hum of bee’s could be heard.[break][break]

It was Azula who first spots you. Or more, scents you out. Her eyes on you as you approached them. Shortly after, the burnt scarred man lifts his head from glaring at his device and notices you. He doesn’t smile or wave as you approached. The man simply acknowledges you with a single nod before he speaks once you are within range of conversation.[break][break]

“Hey,” the man mumbled, voice emotionless as much as his expression, “How would you like to handle this one?” Crismon colored orbs turn to look at the city for a moment, only to turn back at you. “It sounds like we have a tough job this time around. As far as I know, there are no people in there. But, the police couldn’t guarantee that statement.” He paused again, giving you time to think before he lets out a sigh. “What you think?”[break][break]

[break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]@open at fortree city doing poisonous possession misson.[break]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick"]--accent:#a72f2d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/8CJjffN.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:10px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick blockquote b, .widecardmaverick blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .widesquaremaverick blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widesquaremaverick blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
190 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
the bee's knees [m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 3:26:08 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Well, this certainly wasn't your average day at the lab.

Soyeon found herself in Fortres City, tasked with obtaining some of the venom that was present in the hyper aggressive Beedrill around the rural city under siege. Her superiors had been curious about the reason as to why the bug types had gotten so irate as of late. So it was up to her to obtain some of the venom from these bug types as they swarmed around. One might think that Rocket would send her into the mission with some kind of protective unit, but alas, here the scientist was with only the clothes on her back and the Pokémon in her team. And she would be going somewhat undercover, having a fake alias to go by while working underneath the League's nose.

The woman stood in the agreed upon waiting spot, flipping her hair behind her shoulder as a canine figure bounded towards her. She smiled, kneeling down to shower the Houndoom in affection if she was so allowed. A pair of feet would come forward as a towering man was coming closer to the woman. She looked up to him as his stoic face peered down at her and spoke. "It's nice to meet you. I, ah, look forward to working with you!" Her eyes moved over to the buzzing wings across the city, the two looking at the work presenting itself to them. There were Beedrill to hunt and poison to extract.

"It seems fairly dangerous, I agree." Soyeon said, nodding her head. "But if we play to a Beedrill's weaknesses, then we should be fine." A hand went to her belt, tossing out Ferrous, her Metagross as it let out a soft hum. Eyes peered at the Houndoom and the other man. SOyeon's hand gently patted the top of its head as she'd flash a knowing smile. Although in her pockets would lie the tool she needed to get this poison she was tasked with getting.

"I'm ready to get started if you are!"

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the bee's knees [m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 0:44:27 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Azula, the massive hell hound, was the first to scent out the new arrival on scene. Her nostrils flared underneath her rapidash skull over her own, emitting a low grumbled growl as her nose pointed in the direction of their approached and long arrow tipped tail twitched like an angry feline. At the sound of his canine warning, the burnt scarred man’s gaze rose from his device. Crismon colored orbs meet the gaze of a rather pretty young woman. Despite her harmless appearance, his expression remained flat and emotionless.[break][break]

She greeted him, friendly enough. Though as she reached to touch the houndoom, Azula would bare her teeth at her and give her a warning snarl. “I wouldn’t.” Maverick mumbled in a low tone, knowing the canine doesn’t like to be touched or treated as a pet. “She’s doesn’t like being touched.” Once that was established, their conversation continued as if nothing happened. “Nice to meet you,” he greeted back, bending at the waist slightly to give a bow before returning to his casually stance, “The name is Maverick. Do you have a name or-“ He wasn’t trying to be rude by any means, just figured a first name bases would be a good idea if they need to work together.[break][break]

The woman agreed that this mission could prove dangerous if not careful, plucking out her own pokemon of choice for this mission. The metagross let out its own series of noises, only to be soothed by its trainer with a pat on its head. His gaze shifted from the pokemon back to the woman, giving her a nod. “Sure. Let’s go and get this over with.” Turning on his heels, the ex gym leader lead the way into the danger zone. His canine hot on his heels.[break][break]

With each step they took, the buzzing got louder and louder. And soon, the devastation caused by the hundreds of beedrill became into light. “Arceus,” the man mumbled out loud, barely heard over the buzzing of beedrill, “They weren’t joking. There could be millions here. But... why?” They might be over there head here, a poisoned chalice on a plater. Crimson colored over flickered over the area, taking in the situation. Suddenly, Mav motioned for the woman to follow him and move behind a building when he spotted a beedrill fluttering closer to them. He peered around the corner, observing as the bug and poison type kept moving and apparently didn’t notice them. Maverick let out a soft sigh of relief, pulling back from his peering and leaning against the wall to talk to her. “So… How do you want to handle this? Guns blazing or sneaky?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] at fortree city doing poisonous possession misson.[break]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick"]--accent:#a72f2d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/8CJjffN.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:10px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick blockquote b, .widecardmaverick blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .widesquaremaverick blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widesquaremaverick blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
190 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
the bee's knees [m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 0:19:40 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
The snarl was all that Soyeon needed to know that this Houndoom wasn't particularly fond of petting, as her hand withdrew from the head almost instantly. She had to wonder about the skull that was adorned by the canine, the woman's eyes glancing over to Azula's owner as she began to start seeing why these two were a good fit for one another. Stoic, hard pressed and not too fond of outward company. Still, she would have to do her best to mind her manners.

"I'm Soyeon." she said, doing her best to recall the details given to her. "I work here in Fortree City as a research assistant. I've been tasked with helping you solve this little problem and taking a sample of the poison to find a cure for those Pokémon still affected." She smiled, following the male as they began their little mission between the two of them.

The buzzing, that horrid buzzing. Soyeon could have sworn that she was in some type of hive with all the Beedrill swarming overhead. They haven't pick up that two humans were infiltrating their system yet. Maverick pulled her attention aside from staring up at the wind filled sky to take cover from an incoming Swarm. She held her breath, her Metagross thankfully hidden as they were afforded some few precious moments of safety as they would formulate an approach.

"I believe stealth would be beneficial to us for as long as we can conceal ourselves. It gives us time to learn what we're dealing with and how to get rid of these things before they overrun us completely. " Soyeon answered Maverick, looking back to the skies. "I don't exactly have a plan now, though. It's likely Beedrill could have a queen somewhere nearby they're protecting or possibly a source of whatever is causing this
"

"X"

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the bee's knees [m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 1:26:51 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
It was good to know that that woman, now known as Soyeon, wasn’t just some random person off the streets of hoenn who needed money. She was a researcher, here to actually help him and gather samples from these pokemon to help other poisoned pokemon. This should have this mission a little more easier, but only a little. After all, look at all of those beedrills.[break][break]

Maverick knelt down, peaking from behind the building as the small army of beedrill flew by. They couldn’t hide here forever, the will sense them at some point. Leaning back, his gaze met her to listen what she had to say. He nodded, taking a moment to think of a way to be mire stealthy. He didn’t have a pokemon that could make them disappear. At least, not to his knowledge. The only thing he could think of at the moment, was covering their scent.[break][break]

A hand reached up and fell behind his head, a grimace of a half smile spread across his lips. “Well… Unless you have a pokemon that can turn us invisible, the only think I can really think of is masking our scent by covering ourselves with mud. Though, we could still be a moving target unless we can somehow manage to keep our distance behind buildings and such.” It didn’t sound like fun, but masking their scent could help. Maybe….

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] at fortree city doing poisonous possession misson.[break]

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
190 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
the bee's knees [m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 19:41:07 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon sat, stunned at Maverick's idea. Sure, neither of them had much in terms of stealth relating to Pokémon, but to cover themselves in muck and hope for the best? The woman blinked, looking at him quizzically. "I, uh…Well, it's worth a try." Internally, she despised the idea of messes, getting so filthy. It was against every fiber of her being. But yet, she couldn't break her role here. And the poison would be needed for Rocket purposes. There was puddle of mud across from them as she watched it with such disdain. It was for the mission. She would be able to handle this.

Soyeon quickly kneeled down, grabbed a handful of mud and splashed herself with it to musk her scent. Every moment of it was agonizing, the feeling of wet muck that would dry and clog her pores. She wanted to die then and there! Once she had enough on her to be deemed "enough" she turned back to Maverick with an uncomfortable nod.

"I…think this should be good." she said, looking up at the Beedrill swarming while debating about whether or not they should test this theory. Once Maverick was good and ready, she'd point over across the way at a blind spot for the swarms patrol. "I think that's a way we can get in deeper without them noticing. If I remember correctly, that should be another entry point meant for drones to shuttle food and such inside of the hive."

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the bee's knees [m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 23:11:28 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
It was a stupid idea. And honestly, he knew it as soon as it left his mouth. Yet, what else could they do. Maverick didn’t really have any pokemon on him that could help them be stealthy in this situation, and it seemed like Soyeon didn’t have any either. In fact, the woman seemed just as reluctant as he was to do his dumb plan of his. However unlike Maverick, the researcher didn’t hesitate to do what was needed to be done to get the job done.[break][break]

She moved to a nearby puddle, knelt down and began to grab clumps of thick wet mud all over her body. And by the time she was done, stood and turned to him with an uncomfortable nod that she had done it. For a moment, Maverick just stared at her. He blinked, still in disbelief that she just did that. That right there, was a brave woman.[break][break]

Clearing his throat, the burnt scarred man moved to the puddle. He stared at the muddy water, really rethinking about this plan. Do beedrill even have a sense of smell? Maverick grunted to himself, kneeling down where she just did and stuck his hands into the mud. He fought the urge to gag, thick muscular hands flexing to grab some mud and then processed to rub the wet dirty all over himself as well. This was probably a bad idea. This mud could be poisonous too. This was dumb. Him and his bright ideas.[break][break]

Once the man felt satisfied with his mud coverage, his crimson colored orbs turned to the massive hell hound. He motioned for her to come closer. “We need to need to mask your scent too.” Azula bared her teeth at him, taking a step back. A brow rose at her. “It’s either you get your butt over here and I put mud on you OR I put you back in your ball.” The hell hound let out a snort, head high to challenge his conditions. However, Maverick just glared at her waiting for her to pick. And after a minute or two of a silent stand off, it seemed that Maverick has won.[break][break]

The houndoom let out a series of grumbles, sneezes, and growl. She moved in closer to allow her trainer to get mud all over her. Maverick grab some mud, slapping it on her ebony fur. She growled, now accepted it. And soon, both were covered from head to toe in mud. Turning his attention back to Soyeon, the research managed to find a way through the swarm. “Great,” he mumbled, “let’s go.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
190 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
the bee's knees [m/o]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 0:02:27 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
"I need a rose bath after this..." Soyeon thought to herself, currently lamenting that she had to splash muck all over her skin. Every part of her was jittering in discomfort, and it was visible for Maverick to take notice of. Following suit after her, he'd splash himself down with mud too, alongside his terrifying Houndoom. The cnaine didn't seem too thrilled about covering herself with mud, but Azula would soon have to go along with the plan. Ferrous looked at the mud and would hover on top of it before splashing a wave down on himself, alongside most of Soyeon. She spat out some muck, silently cursing at him before a break in the swarm allowed them entry into the vantage point nearby.

The party scuttled along into a thick, wax-like Beedrill hive as some precious few were seen buzzing about overhead. The size was massive, as they could easily walk inside and look up to see the ceiling reach upwards. A dilapidated building showed it was at least two and half stories high. The swarm had lessened inside, only having about half as much as they'd tend to the walls around them. By some luck, they weren't being noticed by the Beedrill around them and allowed the trainers and their Pokémon the chance to go further inside. "It's fascinating to watch them up close like this. Imagine what an actual hive would be like, without the poison irritating them." There was some beauty in watching the wildife, even as she was badgered by Ferrous to continue on.

They passed through into what looked like a hallway of tunnels, the draft bringing forth the scent of honey and other questionable scents towards them. Some precious Kakuna would sit encased in the walls, motionless and awaiting the day they could evolve into the next generation of loyal soldiers. "The queen's chamber should be just up ahead. These side chambers are where the eggs are taken until they hatch. Just watch your step." They'd continue on down the path going forward until the tunnel would lead up. SOyeon looked at this for a moment, then frowning.

"Well, this is a roadblock..."

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the bee's knees [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 23:53:05 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Covered from head to toe in wet thick sloppy mud, the small group pressed on into the hive to reach for the sample’s she needed and the way to get rid of the hive. He could feel the mud getting into places it shouldn’t be, unsure if a three hour long bath would be long enough to get rid of the filth the stuck to his skin. Even as the group kept themselves low, the buzz of an active hive hummed in his ears. Crimson colored orbs fell upon the building, thick wax like substance becoming more and more prevalent. Soon, honey could be seen. It was truly fascinating.[break][break]

Once inside what was assumed to be the main area of the hive, it was clear that this hive planned on staying around for some time. Already, worker bees are being bred and waiting to be put to work as soon as they were strong enough. Soyeon seemed to know her way around a hive, guiding them close to where they need to be. His gaze met her, eyeing the chambers she spoke of. But as they pressed on, it seemed that they have yet another obstacle in their path.[break][break]

Maverick let out a low heavy sigh, gaze on the woman by his side. “What do you suppose we do?” He wasn’t an expert at this. If it was him, he would’ve just set the place ablaze. What better way to get rid of the problem then setting it on fire right? "Got any ideas."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the bee's knees [m/o]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 23:19:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(NO REWARDS)