Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 1:54:33 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas was shocked about the crystal-filled cave emerging near his property. Primarily, he was worried about it encroaching on his Underground Biomes, and any potential threats living within attacking the Pokemon living peacefully. He also saw the potential to explore the cave, to see if there was anything he could use in his crusade.

He remembered the explorer he met, while living incognito as Daisuke Hayashi. had made quite a name for herself since. So what better way to formally meet her, and to see what she was truly capable of, than to invite her to explore this mysterious cavern?

Thomas waited at the entrance to the cave. Accompanying him was his faithful Ceruledge, Mordred.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 10:14:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
A real VIP had hired Shalin, and she was dressed to impress as she made her way toward the western cliffs surrounding the outside of the Valley of Steel well north of Route 117's main thoroughfare. She gasped upon seeing the environmental damage caused by 's violent battle with . What could have caused such incredible destruction? Even after so long, some of the land they had battled on was irreparably barren. Pokémon wielded by high-profile trainers sure had scary power, didn't they?

Shaking her head, the SYGNA SUITED explorer was quick to find Thomas. Her Flygon mount landed not far from the ex-Arbiter, Shalin waving toward Thomas as she swung one leg to the same side as the other before sliding down her Sygna Pokémon's wing. The dragon was quick to tilt the wing upward to prevent her from reaching the ground as her Type: Null, Lathiel, caught up to her. What a strange sight it must have been for Thomas, the famous explorer seemingly defying physics as the translucent appendage supported the girl on its own. If Thomas had never seen a suit before, then he may have seen just how much one made its wearer an Avatar-lite, especially when the wing began to vibrate.

{WC: 209}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES            STATUS
Sandy           Flygon             Good
Keimi           Greninja           Good
Nymris          Pheromosa          Good
Lathiel         Type: Null         Good
Boomer          Typhlosion         Good
Starr           Espeon**           Good

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 0:59:18 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watched as the explorer landed nearby, and managed to balance herself on the Flygon's vibrating wing. The fact that the Dragon's wing could just support her like that was a very strange sight. That she could just pull something like that off was impressive. But then, Thomas had long since gotten used to strange.

He quickly noticed the woman's attire as a Sygna Suit. He was familiar with them, but had never worked with one in person. Seeing such power made him question what his would be like, if he ever scrounged up the resources for one himself.

"Ms. Nariya, a pleasure to finally meet you.", Thomas called out to the shorter woman. "I'm Thomas Benoit. Daisuke told me much about you. I hear you've made quite the name for yourself since then."

The Ceruledge sized up the Flygon, frankly impressed by the feat, even if it was the Sygna Suit.

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 12:42:51 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The hum of Sandy's wings was loud but not piercing. As much of an adrenaline rush as it induced, she knew not to overdo it. If her experiences in Galar taught her anything, pushing her body too far, even with the Sygna Suit, would leave her unable to do what she loved doing later in life. After just a few seconds, the translucent, buzzing wings began to slow down, letting Thomas truly set sight on the green-ette. After all, it would be nigh impossible for him to ascertain visual details when she was naught but a blur.

"Whew!" the Ranger let out a deep breath once her wild ride stopped. She looked quite disoriented, but otherwise healthy. "That's me, wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn!" she chirped, making small talk with the ex-Avatar as she waited for feeling to return to her legs. "Ever since the discovery of the Halls of Origin beneath Sootopolis hiding the secret to hatching Ultra Beast eggs, on top of leading plenty of excursions to the Ultra Wilds, you could say that." After a couple more minutes of idle conversation, Shalin at last slid off her Flygon's wing, stumbling as she touched the ground, but managing to remain on her feet. "So I'm understanding there's a strange cave that's sprung up out of nowhere, and you need me to help check it out, right? At least that's what I remember in your email."

{WC: 240}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 21:30:58 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would listen as she spoke, giving her the time to get her bearings. He was familiar with the Ultra Wilds, especially the Border. Admittedly, he had to make more time to explore the different Wilds.

"Interesting.", Thomas remarked.

"To be honest, I invited you over, as I felt it would be a mutually beneficial opportunity for the both of us.", he'd begin. "After the cave opened up, I intended to explore it. Then I remembered what Daisuke told me about you, and figured you'd want to explore something like this.", he'd tell her.

"Truth be told, I just want to make sure this cave doesn't house anything that'd endanger the Pokemon living on the property.", he'd disclose to her.

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 23:25:20 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"What more can I say? You probably can't have picked a better person for the job!" Shalin boastfully answered, recalling her Sygna Pokémon for something more appropriate for exploring the cave. "Boomer, you're on!" A Typhlosion emerged from another one of her Poké Balls, the fire-type preferring to move on all fours instead of standing on only her hind legs. Her reins had an interesting design to them, a metallic ring around part of their far section to shield them from her explosive fur. Sitting on the wide-bodied Pokémon's back, the two were off. The pace wasn't particularly brisk, though Thomas might have considered a ride Pokémon of his own.

"If it's anything like Sector Zero of Route 120 was, and if first impressions mean anything, it's awfully similar, then there will be something you wouldn't want on your property," she explained as Boomer bounced her a bit more harshly than most ride Pokémon would. "Have you seen any of those strange, new Pokémon that look vaguely like other Pokémon that are common in our world? They popped up in Sector Zero, and I wouldn't be surprised if one was here." She also sent out Lathiel, a Type: Null, to act as the duo's rear guard.

88905stR Lathiel obedience check

{WC: 213}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 21:51:33 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas chuckled as the woman boasted. Her confidence was contagious. He couldn't help but feel like this expedition would go well with her aiding him.

Thomas looked at the large Typhlosion that the woman would mount. In turn, Thomas whistled for his Arcanine, Rufus, to join him. The Arcanine rushed up to his master's side, letting out a friendly bark, upon seeing the others.

"This is Rufus, one of my oldest Pokemon.", he'd tell Shalin, as he got on the Arcanine's back.

"Like this?", Thomas inquired, before calling over an Iron Valiant, who'd join Mordred in taking point. "After Dewford, I ended up meeting this one. It was a close battle, but Mordred managed to defeat them in single combat.", he'd tell her. "Another one resembling a prehistoric Salamence saved my life in the Ultra Sea before that.", he'd add.

Thomas looked over at the Type: Null. "Where'd you get the Type: Null?", Thomas inquired, clearly knowing of the species. It was clear that he was concerned with the presence of the chimera, however.

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 2:57:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin whistled upon seeing Rufus; it was readily apparent how close Thomas was to his Arcanine, the two riding as one. "Boomer and I have only been together for a few months, but she's reliable. Great for if I ever need to ride something lower to the ground," Shalin replied. "It's amazing that this place is big enough to allow for an Arcanine to run freely. This is gonna sound funny coming from be, but I can't handle them. They're... too fast."

Shalin eyed the Iron Valiant warily. "It looks completely different than the ones I've seen. I imagine they're so new that the probably don't have proper names and classifications yet," she speculated, feeling a bit better in the metal hybrid's presence after Thomas described a familiar foe to her. Her battle with one alongside came to mind. "Oh, those. They're dangerous. Vicious, even. I've wanted to raise one, but I'm so nervous about it; I've heard horror stories of them turning on trainers that try to raise them."

As Thomas' eyes shifted toward Lathiel, Shalin frowned. "How much time have you spent in the rifts? After a while, I was able to piece together a manual to... create Lathiel here. I'm... not proud of it," she began to tell the Type: Null's story as the normal-type took point alongside Mordred and the Iron Valiant. "Eighteen of my Pokémon's lives were permanently altered in the process, and not one for the better."

TNNjJmta Lathiel obedience check

{WC: 245}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 20:30:25 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, how difficult is it to find Pokmeon of suitable size for riding? Do you just find them in the wild, or do you have to have them bred from special parentage?", he'd inquire.

As far as he knew, finding Pokemon of the largest sizes possible was not an easy undertaking. Thomas only had a couple of Pokemon he could claim were of the largest possible size, those being Ripper the Scizor, and Bass the Audino.

"Even in that fancy Sygna Suit?", Thomas asked teasingly.

Thomas listened to what the rider had to say about Paradox Pokemon. "Training them is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. I suppose it helped that I earned their respect, in some manner. Whether it was through honorable combat, or saving them from a horrible fate.", he'd reply to her.

A fate that the Luxray that used to be in his care had to endure, instead. Though Thomas lamented bringing her out during his encounter with , the silver lining was that he got to meet, and befriend, Midir.

"Not nearly enough.", Thomas remarked. So the strange manuals they'd find in their travels would go on to form a manual for the creation of a Type: Null? Though the price of having to sacrifice the well being of his own Pokemon immediately turned him off from it.

"There was a time where Jules Cotillard had us complete tasks for him. Those who managed to complete every task were able to build a Type: Null of their own. Of course, he revealed himself to be a Megalopolan during the Three Day War, and turned those Type: Null against their trainers. Most were able to reign them in, and trigger their evolution through the bonds they formed with them. Some were unlucky, however.", he'd inform her.

Annie Mei, the poor girl who lost her boot during the Blacephalon attack, ended up losing her life to the Type: Null she constructed.

Suddenly, a massive Orthworm burst through the ground, greeting the two explorers, and their Pokemon. The Orthworm would slam its head down onto the ground, attempting to Bulldoze the entire group. Mordred would escape the attack with the use of Phantom Force. Artanis wasn't so lucky, being knocked down by the sweeping attack. Rufus would manage to deftly leap over the attack, with the aid of his Extreme Speed.

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 0:51:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"About as hard as it finding Space-Time Distortions," Shalin answered Thomas as they headed deeper into the cavern. "While I was never able to prove anything, I noticed a trend between Pokémon like them and the Distortions." Even then, they were not easy to find. Her exploration took her far and wide, giving her perhaps more chances to see them than anyone else in Hoenn.

"...Come to think of it, I haven't tried riding on an Arcanine full speed since I got my suit," she replied, scratching her chin in thought as Lathiel curled up and closed her eyes, unbeknownst to her due to how intensely she was focused on the discussion. "It might be worth a try."

As she listened to the story of the first wave of Lathiel's kind that had graced Hoenn, wincing at the tales of the Type: Null who didn't evolve. "So you're saying that Lathiel can--"

Before she could finish her sentence, the giant Orthworm's BULLDOZE knocked Shalin out of her seat, a collapse partially burying Boomer and pinning her against the fallen rock. She rolled toward Thomas, overcome with dizziness for a few seconds before clicking open Sandy's Poké Ball. The ground-type, having limited space to move, latched onto the steel-type. With powerful vibrations, she harnessed her EARTH POWER, lifting the debris encasing Boomer and turning against it the wild.

Once the threat had been handled, Shalin asked Thomas as she withdrew Boomer, "You have a good point about the suit. If your Arcanine doesn't mind, would you be up to helping test that theory?"

{WC: 263}
{PC: 5}

Boomer          Typhlosion         Poor

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 18:37:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"If that's the case, then I must've hit the jackpot when I caught Ripper all those years ago.", he'd remark with a dry chuckle. The Scyther was what one would consider an Alpha-sized Pokemon. "Still, I've found Pokemon of various sizes over the years. Including a tiny Audino I rescued from a Black Market site, and a massive one who found his way onto my Ranch.", he'd continue.

Not that he was complaining about Bass. The fact that the big guy was just as affectionate as Pulse, and chose to stay with him was something that made him happy. Seeing him cuddling all of the other Audino, especially little Audrey and Treble, was always a lovely sight.

"If you'd like, you could test it on Rufus, after we're done here.", he'd offer the Ranger.

The arrival of the Orthworm interrupted the duo. After the Bulldoze had passed, Thomas hopped off of his Arcanine, rushing over to help Shalin up. Unfortunately for Sandy, the Orthworm ate the Debris flying towards it. Earth Eater allowed the beast to use Ground-tytpe attacks to heal. In retaliation, tendrils wriggled out of the holes in its body, attempting to Wrap around the Flygon's body.

Mordred reappeared from the Phantom Force, attempting to strike the beast in the head. Artanis rose to their feet, before lunging at the Orthworm, attempting to brutalize the massive steely worm in Close Combat.

The Orthworm batted the Ceruledge back with an Iron Head, sending the ghost flying, before he'd kick off of the wall, and land with a three-point landing.

"Go right ahead.", he told Shalin. Rufus ducked down to allow the shorter woman to mount him.

For the time being, Rufus was under Shalin's command.

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 22:21:02 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Size variations in Pokémon are natural," Shalin agreed. Her Milotic being a fair bit smaller than the norm reminded her that she found lots of big Pokémon coming from the Distortions, there were just as many small Pokémon out there.

Once the Orthworm had been handled, thanks to the brutal assault from Thomas' team, Shalin climbed onto Rufus' back. A tingling sensation overcame her, able to feel the strength of the Arcanine's incredibly strong and large muscles just by sitting on his back. She had seen Josh's two Arcanine before, and they were some of the fastest, if not the fastest, land Pokémon he had. She was committed now, though.

Shalin buried her hands in the big dog's cream fur. She lightly jabbed at Rufus' sides with her knees, crying, "Hyah!" as she prepared for a powerful burst of acceleration from the fire-type. Rufus was gonna get them to the bottom of the Terastal cave, and fast.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 23:42:53 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Once the battle was finished, Thomas recalled Mordred and Artanis.

As Shalin got onto the back of Rufus, Thomas used his phone to summon yet another Arcanine. This particular Arcanine looked noticeably different to Rufus. Aside from its fur being darker, it also had a horn protruding from the top of its head. This Hisuian Arcanine was a more recent addition to his collection, one he had collected from a Distortion.

Unlike the friendly and chipper Rufus, this one looked to be more serious and stern.

Thomas climbed onto the back of the Hisuian Arcanine. As Rufus took off, the other Arcanine followed with a burst of Extreme Speed.

If Shalin were to take notice to Thomas, she'd note that he took a particular stance, as he rode the beast. One that allowed him to withstand the speeds that the beast moved at. Granted, the Hisuian Arcanine was slightly slower than the more 'modern' Arcanine she found herself on.

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 21:08:27 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Rufus' gallop was bouncy and powerful. She loved it, the world flying by as the huge dog's fur ripped back into her face. The wide open fields north of Verdanturf were theirs to roam at great speed. Her joy-filled giggling and laughter would subside as the Arcanine's running stroke became more rapid. Her facial skin began to stretch over her bones, the speed of her mount pushing what little fat was there toward the back of her head. She felt like she was being shot out of a cannon as Rufus' legs disappeared into a blur.

The happiness turned to panic, Shalin screaming loudly as her Arcanine mount's running stroke became impossibly rapid, the girl almost floating as she clutched the orange fur for dear life. She wasn't going to notice anything else, and certainly not details of Thomas' posture; her heart raced with worry, like she was going to fall off and get seriously hurt. She knew what she had to do to get the speeding fire-type to slow down; loosen her leg pressure. Fearful that it would result in her losing her grip entirely, she instead yanked back on Rufus, trying to get him to slow down that way.

As many wondrous things as her Sygna Suit let her endure, pure speed was not one of them.

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Crystal Ball (Mission)
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 1:29:07 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Rufus' moments were excited, the Arcanine acting more like an excitable Growlithe pup in his run, than anything. It wasn't until Shalin's desperate attempts to get him to slow down that the Arcanine noticed the problem. Thankfully, he was well trained enough to slow down as she commanded. If she needed him to, he'd stop, in order to let her get comfortable again.

Saejima, seeing Rufus slow down, also slowed down himself.

"You okay, Shalin?", Thomas asked the Ranger.

tags: