Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
land of a thousand guilts
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 1:17:16 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

[break]

MAUVILLE CITY, HNN BROADCASTING STUDIO
[break]

had been quite fortunate as of late.[break][break]

As luck would have it, after his interview with then-Elite Four member, now-Councilwoman , the assistant of none other than had reached out to schedule an interview of his own. [break][break]

Two members of the Elite Four in such a short span of time! While not the most infamous of the bunch, Callan's tenure in Hoenn so far had been quite eventful. Enough so that Barnaby was more than happy to welcome him to his talk show.[break][break]

Speaking of... it was time to begin.[break][break]

"Welcome to 'The Bee's Knees' with me, your host, Barnaby Finch!"[break][break]

The two men — seated at the center of the stage on separate plush chairs — were welcomed with the usual enthusiastic fanfare from the audience.[break][break]

"Joining us today is , another of Hoenn's Elite Four members — so soon after graced us with her presence. What a true delight!"[break][break]

Barnaby turned toward his guest with a sparkling smile — one he might remember from Slateport's Splash Fest last summer.[break][break]

"Callan, thank you for taking time out of your day to come talk with us."

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -35px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 110px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 17:57:10 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Being here felt like a dream.

Callan had spent countless nights sprawled on the couch, staring drowsily at the TV as this very studio flashed across the screen.

A charming host with a pearly grin and neatly trimmed blond hair would banter with celebrity guests, who were inevitably hawking something. Yet now, he was one of them. And he’d requested to be here.

His headset crackled as his host finished the introduction, cueing Callan's entrance.

"Thanks for having me Barnaby," Callan replied, his voice more subdued than his manager would have liked. "I've been a fan of your show for years. It's a little surreal actually being here." His eyes briefly scanned the vivid studio set before settling back on Barnaby. A subtle, bemused smile crossed Callan's face.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 3:39:03 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"What a compliment!" was all smiles, beaming at both and into the cameras at the forefront of the stage. [break][break]

"Truly, it's surreal to me that we were able to snag you for the show! All of us are ecstatic to have you on—" Here a few overzealous guests chimed in with a slew of affectionate callouts ("We love you Callan!! *wolf whistle* "You're such a beefcake!!").[break][break]

Barnaby simply laughed to stave off any awkwardness, waving away the mostly feminine voices with a placating gesture until they quieted. "Well, I think my audience speaks for themselves."[break][break]

With the introduction complete, they could now start easing into the actual interview.[break][break]

"I think all of us here can agree that your story is quite incredible, Callan. You came onto the Hoenn music scene with barely anything but a dream in mind and made it a reality!"[break][break]

A grassroots effort if there ever was one.[break][break]

"Can you speak on your life experiences prior to your celebrity? What pushed you into the music industry?"

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -35px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 110px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 0:17:18 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan's eyes surveyed his host with a keening interest, moreso than that of the implicitly garnered attention from the crowd. He loved that too, of course.

But he was under no illusion, this was as much a theatrical performance as it was reality. Callan pauses as he contemplates Barnaby's question.

It would have been easy to spill an answer about his poverty, his struggles, his difficulties, but that was not the driving motivation. It was a far more simple reason, and one that would relay the largest numbers for the man's television show.

Callan briefly runs his thumb against his cheek as he contemplates, before returning his gaze to Barnaby.

"I believe," He begins, "it's helplessness."

"Unlike Pokemon, I think that all of us are predispositioned to the awareness of our mortality." As he elaborates, Callan clasps his arms in front of him, "We are aware our lives are never secure, the people around us are unpredictable, we can never read other's thoughts, or completely rely on others, whom we may be immediately dependent for."

"I was born in a place where this awareness to our mortality is... more pronounced. Hoenn notwithstanding, I grew up in an inner city environment within Mauville, my experiences in youth made me realize two things," Callan pauses, for effect mostly. "First, that I could die at any given moment, and second, a child is helpless in the face of danger. And so I developed a need to immortalize myself in some way, before my time was up."

"And the rest, happens to be circumstance. I lived in a household, with a father that had an electric guitar. I lived in conditions where it was better to stay inside for much of my early life, where I developed my expression for music in the most technical terms." He pauses, "But I'd say that what pushed my into the industry was a violent, inseparable need to be heard, to garner the attention and to immortalize myself. I wanted to make sure I was heard, before my time was up."

Callan smiles, "What about you, Barnaby? What got you into showbusiness?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 22:04:58 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

A performance indeed. And was acting the part perfectly. [break][break]

True to his rockstar fame, his demeanor was more grizzled than the flamboyant host beside him. He was real, salt of the earth. No pomp or circumstance. When explaining his upbringing and interest in music, nothing was really embellished for the audience.[break][break]

It suited him.[break][break]

"To immortalize yourself in some way..." Barnaby mused over the phrase, sounding almost in awe of the idea. "A sentiment that I think many of us can agree with. Everyone wants to make their mark on the world, hm?"[break][break]

And to answer the question he posed, "Myself included, of course! I think we're similar in that way, Callan."[break][break]

Here the camera panned onto 's beautifully primed face, zooming in to catch a little mischievous wink before he added, "Plus I've always had a flare for the dramatic."[break][break]

Pivoting to the next avenue of conversation, Barnaby straightened his back and settled deeper into his chair.[break][break]

"Showbusiness isn't your only calling, though. You also juggle duties as one of Hoenn's Elite Four!" A prestigious position within the region.[break][break]

"How do you do it all? Why do you do it all? I can't imagine the kind of schedule you must maintain!"

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 3:25:36 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan pauses as he absorbs Barnaby's words and mannerisms. "Ah, yes. The great existential dilemma. We all seek immortality in some form or another to subvert the inescapable truth of death's certainty." He gave a half-smile as Barnaby relates.

"And the flare for the dramatic's served you well. I could take a few pointers, I've often felt that my talents lay more in my musical sensibilities and not in the image that I project of myself." Callan responded. On cue however, they switch to another topic.

"Yes, that's certainly the case. I've been in the position just shy of a year." Callan chuckles, though the chuckle in itself was a mask to hide his personal thoughts on the matter of his employment.

He takes a moment to consider the question at hand. "I think the two questions are separate for both careers, I'll do my best to answer both." Callan begins, instinctively his mind draws towards the theoretical, the philosophical: Faulkner, Plato, Nietzsche, Aurelius. but he kept his audience in mind.

"I think the paths to both careers are quite different, so I'll try to address each separately," he began carefully. "I was fortunate to recognize my natural skills early on. Certain subjects draw us in, and remain with us throughout life. For me, my callings were Pokemon and Music.

Most people believe that my careers fundamentally stem from two separate skills, but I can say my talents in both stem from the same approximate talents."
Callan pauses as he leans in. "I've been fortunate to link my affinity for emotion to both music and my Pokemon in ways that nurture the soul."

Of course, he holds back the countless decades of consistent practice it took for him to actually become so skilled. The reality was, that most people preferred to hear that things were effortless for some. It took away their own sense of responsibility in the lack of their own development.

"You said before that you have a penchant for the dramatic, Barnaby. But I imagine you're also very capable of projecting the natural qualities of yourself into your work. You're well spoken, dedicated, focused both on your visual and oral presentation, thoughtful of your audience, and able to project an ease into most anyone you speak to. You were also born with a pretty boy face, I imagine that helped too."

Callan chuckles. "All of these disparate parts that congeal into us are objects of our character and being. To be able to use it to benefit the world, or to know our purpose, is enjoyable."

"As for the schedule, I think it depends. There's good and bad, but most people feel the same regarding their lives, but these are problems that I choose to have. Just as running a television host show can feel tedious, I imagine." Callan smiles.

MADE BY MIZO