March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Now You See Her, Now You Don't [M][FUNTASIA][C/Fernando]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 6:24:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Today was Shalin's first performance in Slateport City: home to Gym Leader . She had a big crowd to impress, too, the Flygon SYGNA SUITED female stretching to get ready for a show that had left almost all who witnessed it in Lilycove and Mauville in awe. Set up in a clearing in the park, those who gathered to watch her demonstration of what a Sygna Suit could do would find every Funtasia Token spent to see it worth the price.

While her suit did not have wings like a real Flygon would, she was the spitting image of the Pokémon in nearly every other way. She stood near three Pokémon she would be demonstrating with: her Shiny Beedrill, her Kommo-o, and of course, the Flygon that she was synced with. On the opposite side of the fence was a Type: Null, Lathiel looking surprisingly calm for the normally moody Pokémon. She made sure everyone had their earplugs handy before starting her show.

"Alright, let's wow them, Queen Zing!" she chirped, walking toward one of the giant wasp's wings. The Beedrill stretched them and lowered them to the ground. At the same time that the wing lifted her trainer off the ground, she and her Flygon were enveloped by a faint green glow representing an energy discharge from the suit and stone. Somehow, she was sitting on the giant Shiny Beedrill's wing! The blue-eyed bug did one more stretch as the Ranger braced herself for the warm-up. With a flutter just beneath the threshold of human hearing, she rocked Shalin, who was flicking and flapping chaotically along with it. It was a surreal sight well worth the cost to witness it.

NlSZDs7b Lathiel obedience roll

STAMP: Put on a carnival performance.

{WC: 284}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Lathiel         Type: Null        Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good 
Flit            Yanmega           Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill**        Good
Treble          Kommo-o           Good
Bass Boost      Seismitoad        Good
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 5:44:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

Now You See Her

MISSION

MANY LOOK ON IN AWE. but one man never shows an expression beyond the rigid same face that perpetuates his straight-lined frown. he watches the show along with the crowd, tracking her movements as they show off the possibilities of the SYGNA SUIT.

it’s hard to gauge whether or not he approves. nevertheless, he claps with the audience, following the prompt well until the show ends.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

— Watch a carnival performance
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 1:52:48 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Lathiel yawned, growing bored of seeing Shalin's warm-ups. Tired after accompanying her at her shows and throughout the carnival all week, she closed her eyes, an otherworldly snore distracting close enough to her to hear it.

Shalin braced herself for the main part of her show. Grasping on with both hands, she held on tight as the wing beneath her flapped and buzzed loudly, the Flygon's green glow becoming brighter as the pitch of the drone rose. The only sign that Shalin was somehow still atop the wing was the green streak of light on one side of the wasp. For about ten seconds, she fluttered at peak speed before gradually slowing them to a stop, revealing a very dizzy-looking, but otherwise unharmed, green-ette. She took a bow, Queen Zing angling her wing upward to keep her rider balanced while she regained her senses.

She would go on to perform similar demonstrations with a Kommo-o and her Sygna Pokémon, Flygon, before walking toward Fernando, though her focus was not on the Silph executive. Her focus seemed to be on the Type: Null, who somehow remained asleep throughout the violent buzzing.

{WC: 191}
{PC: 2}

fLR3hQ43
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 15:13:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

Now You See Her

MISSION

HE’S NOT SURE WHAT TO EXPECT, when she starts making her way to him. an improtmpu meet your heroes request? or just checking in on another attendant? it isn’t until she passes him that his eye tracks to the TYPE:NULL just beyond.

like the golden magikarp in the catch-a-karp contest, he feels like he’s found his grand prize.

TYPE:NULLs aren’t an easy pokemon to acquire. much less tame,” he comments aloud. “unless received through a trade, being in possession of one tells a lot about their owner.

— Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 18:52:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The wild child, her balance still a little shaky from the vibration her Pokémon put her through, withdrew the rest of her Pokémon, opened and walk through the access gate, then leaned against the outside of it as she waved to Fernando. It seemed the executive had taken interest in the snoozing Type: Null. "You have no idea what we've been through," Shalin replied, not knowing who she was speaking to. "I'd rather not think about it. We're here to enjoy Funtasia, right?" Today was not a day to reflect on the Pokémon that had lost their lives, or had their lives permanently altered, by the stem cell cultivation procedure.

She turned toward the imposing figure and introduced herself. "You might have noticed from the signs, but I'm Shalin, Hoenn's wildest Pokémon rider! And she's Lathiel," the green-ette gestured toward the napping Normal-type. "Hope you enjoyed the show! Being up there is so fun!"

{WC: 158}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 10:22:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

Now You See Her

MISSION

“HM.”

her dismissal of his claims doesn’t make them any less valid. however, he quiets himself at her request, playing into the carnival’s atmosphere. a half admonished bag of popcorn adds a certain pop to his sentence.

an impressive display,” he swallows, “and one that might rival ’s gym challenge if you keep at it. are you on tour with funtasia?

— Eat a carnival treat
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 16:10:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Thanks!" Shalin smiled, the crowd dispersing after she had completed her performance. "It took a lot of practice and experimenting to figure out what the suit could and couldn't do. From what I understand, it makes me feel a lot lighter to my Pokémon, and it somehow keeps the vibration from hurting me. It doesn't make it any less dizzying, though!" That much was obvious; even now, she was still swaying a bit as she explained her understanding of the suit's power.

"I am!" she answered. "I do two shows a week at each location. It's helping to spread the word about how wondrous Sygna Suits are!" She giggled at Fernando bringing up Alex's Gym. "Funny you say that; I've had my eyes on his challenge for a while! It's just been difficult finding a day where our schedules align." Her chirping roused Lathiel, the Pokémon a bit wary of the executive's presence but remaining civil for the time being.

7_6uS7S| Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 162}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 19:20:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

Now You See Her

MISSION

“AH, well, yes, ivanov can be very quirky to get ahold of.”

his eye narrows at the linings of her sygna suit. careful attention it put on the stitching and design choices. the contrast to his own is night and day.

is there a reason you want to make sygna suits more popular? they can be quite hard to get a hold of. you may be dangling a delicious leppa that most of your audience will never get the chance to try.

— Eat a carnival treat
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 6:40:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Silph wasn't wrong. The Birdfather was one difficult Gym Leader to get ahold of. She wasn't sure how much he appreciated her own quirkiness, given that he had seen this very show and looked nothing short of dumbfounded afterward. He was also right about how rare and costly the suits were to produce. She only was able to afford one due to a massive windfall from one of her expeditions to a ruin too dangerous for most to travel to.

"The possibilities with them are endless," Shalin answered. "While I haven't seen too many people wearing them, every single one is as unique as its wearer." While they weren't on the same level of cosmic powers most Avatars wielded, it gave the a similar, if more limited, sensation of what being an Avatar was like. "Like with any technology, it will become cheaper and more accessible over time," she speculated, though due to the rarity of a key component of the suit, the Sync Stone crafted from Crystalblooms, that was unlikely to happen.

"Now that the show's over, where did you want to go next? I don't think I'm quite ready for the Rayquaza rollercoaster after that, but I'm open to suggestions. There's a legendary Pokémon carousel that looks amazing," she suggested, though she remained open to what the Silph executive wanted to do. Lathiel, growing increasingly cranky, lunged toward the fence, her CRUSH CLAW twisting some of its links. If she wasn't so quick on the draw in returning the Type: Null to her Poké Ball, she may have sliced and diced a poor Bayleef on the other side. "I don't know what's gotten into her. I'm sorry you had to see that!" Shalin apologized, covering her mouth.

{WC: 291}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 22:18:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

Now You See Her

MISSION

FERNANDO’S REACTION IS QUICK. a sleight of hands releases his own pokeball in response, taking several steps back from the TYPE:NULL’s leap. in return, his SILVALLY appears, sitting at attention as it focuses on the opposing pokemon.

hm.

he says nothing more as the pokemon is recalled. thankfully, the situation defuses immediately.

i think that’ll do, miss nariya. i quite enjoyed the show,” he says before leaving stage left.

— Eat a carnival treat
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 2:52:10 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Fernando was polite despite the lashing out from Lathiel, but she felt he and his Silvally were not comfortable around the Type: Null, and understandably so! From what little she got to see of it, it looked so much like Lathiel. "Wow, they look so much alike," she gasped. "Is your Pokémon there related to Lathiel here?" she asked. Before she could get an answer, though, the executive had already left. The Silvally looked so majestic and so well-behaved. Would Lathiel one day look and act like that?

Shaking her head, she had the rest of the afternoon to enjoy the carnival. Not quite wanting more action yet, she withdrew the rest of her Pokémon, sent out her Kommo-o to mount up, and made her way toward the food court. That show had worn her out, and she was hungry! Nothing a couple corn dogs couldn't fill. Once she had eaten, she headed toward the legendary Pokémon carousel and looked for a Pokémon that interested her. Her skin tingled as she climbed atop the white and yellow Arceus on the outside row. She didn't know what it was about the Pokémon, but even sitting on the facsimile of the almighty deity felt strange. Almost forbidden. Perhaps even empowering.

{WC: 213}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 14:54:47 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: