shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: THE BORDER

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

MT. PYRE[break]✥ THE BORDER

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055281670649032755/bambooba.mp3[/player][break]
Northern Province - Area 2 (Riding) - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
[break]

THE BORDER IS A MOUNTAINOUS PURGATORY OF MUTED SEPIA SMOKE. By floating islands, translucent bridges soar through the realm toward the heavens. Tall stone spires jut out from the spiritual mist. In the sky, the wisps of spirits can be seen heading toward their final destination before the afterlife...[break][break]

Curiously, there are four broken seals embedded in four mountains. Though Adrian Malcolm and YVELTAL may have seen their location upon their unceremonious entry, the spirit realm has shifted since their last visit, rendering each broken seal far apart from each other.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 10 become possessed by a spirit attempting to return to life.
  • 31 encounter spiritual bridges that are slowly breaking apart, as if they are being stretched...
  • 33 encounter an area in the realm that changes to fit your character or characters' personal hell(s).
  • 34 allow the marshadow that you own to guide you safely through the realm, or have them encounter previous members of their kind that believe it to have betrayed them.
  • 🗺️ utilize a z-move in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
Wealth doesn't corrupt character - it makes it visible.
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
THE BORDER: TO
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 20:22:38 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznitop"][attr="class","ozni"]
[attr="class","oznimain"]The last Border expedition had gained him a ton of new followers. So, Oz decided he needed to do it again. Maybe he could see if he could get a cool ghost this time, and not just some rando’s grumpy dad. And, fortunately for him, he recognized one of the names on the list. This guy was competent. And, he was totally willing to play cannon fodder. Score.

Sure, the work stuff was relevant , but it didn’t exactly bring in the crowds. It wasn’t like people cared what brand of toilet paper they used. They just needed to keep their tushies clean. Judging by the people who liked the announcement post, this one would be even bigger than the last. With only one partner, it’d also be a lot more intimate.

When Thomas appeared, he’d find Ozni standing on one of the large islands with his Porygon-Z flickering around him. A camera hung from his base via telekinetic powers. “Maybe we’ll even run into—” Blue eyes widened as he grinned. As usual, the gesture was blinding. “Look at that! It’s Thomas Benoit, the frog marquis himself. What brings you out to the land of the dead, boo?” Ozni himself didn’t really have a reason for this particular place.

The CEO turned toward the north. In the distance, you could see an island that bore some resemblance to a moth. “My audience thinks we should head to Butterfly Island over there.” If at all unnerved by the spirits flowing around him, Oz didn’t show it.
[attr="class","ozni","oznitag"]
[attr="class","oznipoke"]

[newclass=.ozni] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznimain b] color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain i] color: #5ADEFA; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznipoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; ;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #7DE4FB;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #7DE4FB;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,476 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 23:06:45 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Once again, Thomas found himself exploring the Border. The last time he had gone, he managed to win over a Marshadow that challenged him, after a phantom of a strange Pokemon attacked them. The former member of the Elite Four was curious as to what secrets the realm held.

The bad news was that once again, he'd be babysitting an overgrown baby of a man.

As Thomas approached the man, he'd notice a Porygon holding up a camera towards him. The Kalosian was visibly annoyed. He didn't have time for what he considered to be childish shenanigans.

"I'm not a Marquis anymore.", Thomas dryly remarked. "And I'm here to seek some answers.", he'd add.

Thomas looked over to the island that had a moth-like appearance. With a sigh, Thomas started walking. "Just don't do anything stupid.", Thomas told the older man.

The Marshadow he befriended on his last trip hid in his shadow.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 2:59:53 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznimain"]This guy wasn’t the only one who hated being filmed. A lot of people treated it like it was the Victorian era. That being caught on reel or hard drive somehow stole their soul. It was the strangest thing. Ozni liked to think was preserving history (mostly his). “What’s with the face, Thomas?” Ozni crooned. The Porygon-Z flitted in and out of existence around him. The phone somehow remains upright even without its living stand. “I’d think you’d love the good PR.”

Not a Marquis anymore? How’d that work? Someone else with a made-up title just take yours away? “Well, that sucks. You can always buy some land somewhere and get the title back.” He owned a little slice of the North Pole. People technically should be calling him count. The next answer was met with a raised brow. This guy sounded like some comic book anti-hero. Ozni could imagine him grunting that out with a galing gn and a gruff voice. “Anything in particular? Looking for the meaning of life?” It was 42. It’d always be 42. It made as much sense as any other crock people thought up.

Ozni followed along a few steps behind—always happy to let other people play hero and cannon fodder. “Pretty sure being here] qualifies as stupid, babe.” This was the land of the dead. People got possessed. The dead staged armed rebellions. As the clouds swirled around his feet, blue eyes locked onto the bridge beneath him. “Whoa.”

It was a straight shot to the weird island from here. As he took another step, his feet went straight through a hole in the shimmering nothing. Ozni let out a shout of alarm as he fell to his knees. The bridge itself was being stretched like toffee and it apparently hated that.

[newclass=.ozni] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznimain b] color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain i] color: #5ADEFA; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznipoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; ;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #7DE4FB;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #7DE4FB;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,476 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 12:08:24 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I don't have time for games, Oz.", Thomas answered the CEO dryly. "And unlike you, I'm not an attention whore."

"If it even mattered.", Thomas retorted.

"No, I'm looking for the meaning of death.", Thomas snarked.

"Being here is a calculated risk. Running off, and fucking around like a Torchic with its head cut off isn't.", Thomas told the man.

Unlike Oz, Thomas was cautious in how he approached the bridge. He quickly noticed how the bridge was stretched out and frayed. He couldn't help but question what the cause of this was.

As Oz almost fell through a hole in the bridge, Thomas moved to catch the man. Even if he was annoyed with Oz, he wasn't going to let the manchild die on his watch.

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 15:13:18 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznimain"]The CEO stepped back as if struck. He shook his head. “A game!?” His laugh was cold and a little stilted. “It seemed pretty serious when you were playing manifesto.” Ozni shifted his eyes to a nearby drifting cloud. “This is recording history, hm? Putting it in posteriority for those that fall after.” And all of it would have his name on it—win-win.

At the insult, Baby Blues leveled an almost steely stare at the ex-elite-four member. “An attention whore? Me?” A smile emerged that bared his teeth. He wasn’t used to people calling him out like that. He wasn’t a fan. But he wouldn’t cry over spilled MooMoo milk. The soldier was a necessary evil at the moment. “Pretty sure I’m more of an attention tom.”

As the chatter turned philosophical, Ozni seemed to lose any kind of edge. “Death, huh?” What was the meaning of that? To him, it was the punctuation that ended a sentence. A prerequisite for pause. “Some people think it gives life its meaning.” That was why immortality was supposedly such a burden. “Me? I don’t think any of it matters. You live. You die. Worm food.”

At the boring lecture, Ozni felt himself stiffen. “Pretty sure I’m not doing that.” He didn’t run much of anywhere, honestly. It was a nasty, gross bit of exercise best left to masochists and weirdos. Still, as he touched the seemingly solid bridge, he couldn’t help but picture a decapitated Torchic. Its beak opened as it let out a few confused chirps.

Though eager to rib Thomas, Oz had zero problem grabbing the hand when it was offered. With a grunt, he rose back to his feet. "Thanks for the assist, bro." The CEO grinned. "This island better be worth it."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,476 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 15:16:06 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas' eyes rolled at the ridiculous man's responses. "Whatever you say, pal.", Thomas remarked, before continuing on his way.

"Just watch your step.", Thomas replied to Oz.

Eventually, the two would reach the island. What Thomas would see would shock him to the core. It was as if they had ended up in Lumiose City. Only it was openly occupied by Rocket.

Grunts in uniforms patrolled the streets. Venomous eyes scanned around the area, obscured by the shade of their white hats. Toothy grins manifested on their faces, as they spotted a boy fleeing with a baguette in his arms.

The boy would trip, and the grunts, like Sharpedo smelling blood in the water, closed in on him. From there, a grisly beating would ensue. By the end of it, the Rockets made off with the boy's baguette, leaving him beaten, broken, and bloodied in the alleyway.

A voice called out across speakers mounted through different points in the city. They were to gather at the foot of the Prism Tower. People huddled towards the tower, pushed along by the grunts running the city.

tags:
notes: 33 encounter an area in the realm that changes to fit your character or characters' personal hell(s).

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 19:05:55 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznimain"]As Thomas turned away, Ozni felt his hackles rise. The man craved attention—like a toddler with inattentive parents. Only his condition had continued thirty years after that. His teeth ground together for an instant. But a chirp from Glitch reminded him that he wasn’t alone. Hundreds of people were watching him. And, a tantrum didn’t give good optics. So, he turned to the camera with a grin. “Such an agreeable guy, eh, folks?”

At the other man’s warning, Oz nodded. As he stood, his feet gingerly placed upon the taffy bridge beneath them. “I’m not trying to fall to my death.” With a deep breath, he moved to follow the man. A few times, he paused to dance around another gap in the bridge. By the time they reached the other side, the CEO recognized them by the way the mist swirled inside of them. Man, I should have cracked a joke about falling for him. The man thought irritably as his designer shoes again touched solid ground.

Oz’s eyes widened. “Talk about Fahrenheit 451. Yikes.” The sight of the boy obviously distressed the darker man. But he was frozen in place, unable to stop it. The second they left, however, he moved toward him. “Hey, bud, you all right?” As he rolled the child over, his heart stopped. His eyes were frozen in a look of terror—staring forever up at this land of misery and death. But touching him gave him another chance. A strange, blue glow crawled up Ozni’s arm as the frightened spirit flung itself into a vessel. Blue eyes shifted to a nauseating, hazardous green as the not-Oz turned to face Thomas. “I didn’t—I didn’t mean too. I didn't steal nothing, honest! He—he—the dumb shopkeep dropped it!”

If Thomas looked down at himself, he might see what the boy did. Another faceless monster in a bone-white uniform.

With a noise of alarm, he fled into one of the nearby buildings. A hospital full of rusty tools cracked tiles, and the smell of death. It was more an interrogation and torture chamber than a healing facility. As he ran, the CEO inside watched in horror as the boy tripped over his too-big feet and collided with a tray. Tools thudded to the ground, drawing the attention of a doctor.

“Ah! There you are, Mister Staph!” A faux cheery voice called. “I was so scared when you ran away.” But that smile. Oh, Arceus that grin. Why was this stupid little hijacker reaching for that hand?

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,476 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 19:11:45 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watched as the ghost of the boy crawled up into Oz's body. Thomas looked down at what remained.

"Kid, I know you did that to survive! I'm not gonna-", Thomas began, before the boy fled into the city.

Knowing that Oz might be in trouble, Thomas rushed after him. They would end up in what seemed to be a run-down hospital, repurposed into a grisly torture chamber.

Thomas kicked open the door after Oz, interrupting the doctor. In a panic, the "good" doctor grabbed a scalpel, and lunged for Thomas. Thomas, thanks to some expert dodging, was able to maneuver around the doctor's swings, before eventually slamming his head into the wall at an opportune time, finishing the fight with a swift boot to the head.

"Kid, you don't need to do this!", Thomas pleaded with the ghost. "Please, tell me how you ended up in this realm!"

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 19:15:25 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznimain"]With visions of his death fresh on his mind, the child did not hear a word the man said. All that was there was an animalistic sense of flight. Something made simpler by his sudden towering height.

Ozni could see the blood on the doctor’s glove. Inside his own head, he fought like a freshly caught fish. But the kid’s hands still found comfort in the doctor’s scarred mitts. To him, that smile meant safety. The door opened with a simple push from the surgeon, revealing a chair and tools. The light was blinding. “Just take a seat for me, Mister Staph.” With a surprising level of obedience, the boy-man took a seat in the chair.

Something rattled next to him. A needle rolled on the steel tray. Oh Arceus! There’s blood! Look at these tools! Kid! Stop! But, if the little thief heard him, he made no move to react. Then, the room exploded in a fury of noise and action. With a noise of alarm, Ozni’s body threw itself from the chair. With a scared noise, he tried to squeeze himself beneath the counter—something very difficult for a man over six feet.

The question received a terrified look in response. “End up here?” There was a tremor to his voice. “Whaddaya mean?” He swallowed. He forced Oz’s fingers to dig deeply into his pants. The Porygon-Z now hovered over them again. Its camera flickers back and forth between the parties. “I—I was—-it was right after the—” Electric blue eyes widened. Memories of a former life flashed through his mind. The sound of explosions and the clutter of an action figure.

A shriek tore from his—Oz’s—throat. A light burst as the surgical suite was plunged into darkness.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,476 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 19:22:53 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Under just about any other circumstance, Thomas would've slapped Oz on the back of the head for his antics. This time, he knew it was the spirit of the boy compelling him to hide. The kid was clearly scared, and rightly so.

Thomas listened as the boy spoke. It seemed that he didn't know that he was dead. The shriek emitted managed to shatter the lights, plunging the room into darkness.

"Are you from the Kanto Region? Johto? Hoenn? Or somewhere else?", he'd ask.

Whatever the answer, Thomas frowned. "I'm sorry to say, but you're dead. You're now a ghost wandering the Border between life and death.", he'd tell the boy.

"Tell me, did you have a family?"

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 21:40:20 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznimain"]The child just squeezed himself closer to the wall as Thomas approached. Adults in his life had never been good news. Not anymore. When he spoke, his voice trembled. "I--I'm from Johto." Why'd that matter?

Oz's blue eyes widened at the matter-of-fact statement. "No!" The boy didn't understand death. Just that it'd happened to grandma. "I'm--I'm not dead!" He tried to remember how he'd ended up here. He'd been hiding in a bath tub with his sister. It'd been really loud outside. "I just--I just fell asleep."

At the question, he sniffed. Snot ran down the grown man's nose. "I--I have a sister. We--we lived with grandpa. But I can't find her." He wiped at his nose. "I'm supposed to protect her, mister! But I don't know where she is!"

Just like that, the ghost's unfinished business was revealed. What struggling Ozni had been doing stopped.

This kid made him feel like a huge dick.

Above them, the Porygon-Z made comforting beeping noises.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,476 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 4:43:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas frowned as he heard that the boy was from Johto. He began to connect the dots in his head. Kid must've been a victim of their failed attempt to take the Region, following Rocket's successful takeover of Kanto.

Thomas allowed the kid to process the news. He knew it wouldn't be easy for the kid to accept the fact that he died.

"A sister? I can help you find her. What were your names?", Thomas woud ask the boy.

He didn't have much faith, but if his sister survived the attack, then he could look her up. If not, then he figured she might've made it to the afterlife, by now.

"Listen, I promise to reunite you with your sister. Let's just get out of this place first, yeah?", Thomas offered the boy, holding out a hand to him.

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 16:17:48 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznimain"]The boy jerked Oz's face toward him. "My name?" The question was hollow, as if a sudden realization had tore it apart. Blue eyes narrowed in a toddler's sign of intensive thought.

"I--" His voice was hesitant. "I don't remember." A suddenly dry tongue probed at his lips. "It started with a K. I think." Fortunately, he remembered his sister's name. This fact he admitted to with a wide grin. "Her name was Casey! Casey Hoffman!"

At the hand, the child flinched for a moment. Just a few minutes ago, a hand like that had sent him back to deadish. "Okay..." With a shy, trembling motion, he latched onto Thomas's hand and pulled himself up.

Blue eyes shifted back to the doctor. "Was he going to hurt me?" The child-not-Ozni shook his head. "My grandpa said we should trust doctors..."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,476 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 17:33:26 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Though the boy didn't remember his name, the fact that he could remember his sister's was helpful. K Hoffman, a boy that died in Rocket's attempt on Johto.

Thomas allowed the boy the time he needed to process the request. Thomas took the boy's hand gently.

"Yeah, it seemed like it.", Thomas replied. The Kalosian frowned as he mentioned what his grandpa instilled in him. "Unfortunately, some doctors are more than willing to abuse that trust. And from the looks of this place, it looked like he was using his knowledge to hurt people, rather than heal them.", Thomas remarked.

His Marshadow would begin to creep around the building, tapping on objects to lead them towards the back door. Once they got out the door, the Marshadow would continue to guide them outside of this realm.

tags:
notes: 34 allow the marshadow that you own to guide you safely through the realm, or have them encounter previous members of their kind that believe it to have betrayed them.