August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cloaked Hands [S]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 5:46:19 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Cloaks and daggers, Kouji was fond of both of them, but never in the figurative sense. Meeting in the dark, in some strange corner, a random ally…No, not random. Kaname Fujihara, one of the first people he had met in rocket, perhaps his first ally in this group, and yet his feelings on this man were complicated.
[break][break]
His eyebrows scrunched up, his back was pressed up against the wall; his arms were crossed; a soft hum rumbled in the back of his throat, his golden eyes darted from side to side as the subtle sounds of footfall reached his ear.
[break][break]
There were a lot of things he had to say to this person, but he had chosen before to say none of them, no-one in that city, no-one in Hammerlocke needed to hear what he thought of them. He wasn’t a child, he didn’t need anyone to hold his hands.
[break][break]
”Just loyalty.” But not towards him.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Secret Delios.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
Cloaked Hands [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 4:57:25 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Clandestine meetings, a little skulduggery; these were just some of the many tools of the trade for Team Rocket. Under the cover of darkness, in a far off spot in Sootopolis, Kaname had requested to meet Kouji Matsubara. Kouji was his first real exposure to Rocket, perhaps even first companion if the Battle of Dewford meant anything.[break][break]

Kaname hoped that it meant something, that their brief mission together had bonded them somehow. He hadn’t seen Kouji since the events of the Battle of the Ancient Tomb, and was curious to see how the man was doing; to see if he, too, carried memories of their shared dream. More than that though, Kaname’s appointment to Head Scientist meant that he had need of Kouji’s companionship once more.[break][break]

The upper brass of Rocket were all predators in their own way, competing for flesh and blood. Kaname was no exception to that, ambition made him hungry; hungry for results, hungry for success. There was always the option of going it alone, but a coordinated pack could do so much more than a single predator.[break][break]

“Matsubara,” his voice was even-keeled and calm as he approached the other man, hands in his pockets. “It’s good to see you again.”

[attr="class","kaname"][break]

NOTES

+Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cloaked Hands [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 5:04:15 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”Wish I could say the same to you, Fujihara.” Kouji’s voice was even, his Golden eyes didn’t waver in the slightest as his gaze washed over Kaname before he stepped away from the wall, his arms uncrossed.
[break][break]
”Congratulations on the promotion, your mind will be of even more use to Rocket.” Though, he still wondered if Kaname had the panache, the weight to handle that kind of position, he hadn’t seen the man in action himself. ”But don’t take offence if I hold little love for anyone that ended up in Hammerlocke.” He cracked his neck both ways.
[break][break]
He had manned the walls, guarded the town, created a crime group, got captured, and then the rest was hell. He had grown fond of them with time, but the greater the fondness, the greater the hate in the end. Kaname was perhaps the first he had interacted with as a partner, even if Jayden was his in, and even if he had met others earlier in his life.
[break][break]
”So, the hell does a big wig want with a lil’ old grunt?” The smirk on his face was crooked, it was a lopsided smile that didn’t reach the full width of his cheeks, it stood far from his eyes, and those eyes that had once been bright, were now cold, like brushed Pyrite.

NOTES

Secret Delios.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
Cloaked Hands [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 6:01:16 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
So this is how it was going to be? So be it.[break][break]

A frown quickly crept onto Kaname’s face. He quietly fished something out of his pocket, it was silver and about the width of his hand. He tossed it towards Kouji with a little extra force behind it. Regardless of whether or not he caught it, he would see it was a small flask.[break][break]

“And here I wanted to celebrate that promotion with you.” Kaname feigned a somber tone. “It’s a shame you feel that way, bitter about something that wasn’t even real. But I see that you remember, that’s good information to have." He said, eyes narrowed at Kouji, who was far more petulant than he remembered. If Kouji hadn’t been a friend, Kaname might’ve just tried to wipe that lopsided smirk off his face.[break][break]

For better or worse though, Hammerlocke had changed them all. In some small ways, in some big ways. The lives they led, twenty years worth of memories accumulated meant there would surely be some bad ones. It seemed, however, in Kouji’s case that they were mostly bad, if his statement was anything to go by.[break][break]

“I’ll make it short and sweet for you: I want a partnership. You and I, we make a good team. So, let’s capitalize on that and help each other out.” Kaname’s grey eyes were carefully trained on Kouji’s face, watching and waiting for his reaction as though his approval was something Kaname depended on.

NOTES

+Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cloaked Hands [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 6:31:17 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji shrugged.
[break][break]
Yet, he made sure to catch the flask. ”Even fake things can show people’s true colors.” Was all he said to that, but his interest was peaked, he unscrewed the cap and took a sniff from it before he put it to his lips. He didn’t mind a good drink here or there, but in this moment there was something else to it.
[break][break]
So he took a small sip.
[break][break]
”A partnership is it? You’re a higher rank than me, but you want a partnership? You planning something evil there, Fujihara?” His smile couldn’t have been more offputting there, a subtle hunger lied in it. He just needed one thing, one chance, and he’d pounce.
[break][break]
”You know, you need something like…Trust, to have a partnership, so, what’s your goal. Did you figure out a new goal, a bigger goal?” He tilted his head subtly to the side as his voice rang out, echoing in this small alleyway.
[break][break]
”Or you just looking for muscle to break kneecaps whenever people want to test you? Hate to break it to ya, but you might be a night's dream too late for some dumb muscle.”

NOTES

Secret Delios.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
Cloaked Hands [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 15:06:51 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
“Did you enjoy that? It’s a nice sake, imported from Kanto.” The scientist sounded rather proud of the fact, despite the fact he was dodging Kouji’s questions. “Things come much easier to me now. Perks of the promotion, I guess.” Kaname watched that smile grow more off putting, perhaps even more cruel. A predator’s smile, the mark of a hunter circling his prey.[break][break]

“Why do you care about rank, Kouji? Why does where I sit, versus where you sit matter? I want us to collaborate, together. There’s nothing evil about that. Not that I’d ever have pegged you for someone worried about evil.” Kaname approached Kouji, closing what distance remained between them and extended his hand, waiting for the flask.[break][break]

“Trust is important, I agree. It’s a reflection of those who share it. That’s precisely why we should be a pair, because we can trust each other to be exactly who we are.” Kaname leaned in, his voice softer than before. [break][break]

“I don’t need dumb muscle to break kneecaps, I’ve got plenty of grunts for that… I need a lycanroc, Kouji. I need someone refined but feral, someone predatory. What I need is someone who can go out into the world and execute for me what I am not able to. And when I find that person, I’m willing to give that person the world and be a springboard for their desires.” There was a short pause, as Kaname’s eyes met Kouji’s cold, golden gaze.[break][break]

“Do you know why? Because it’ll never be enough for me. I want more. I need more. More money, more material, more knowledge, more power. All of it.”
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cloaked Hands [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 15:34:36 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji did savour the taste, the mellow sweetness that he associated with Sake, if there was one thing the two of them shared, it was that Kantonian taste.
[break][break]
Still, as he handed it back, and listened to Kaname, his gaze didn’t move, watching every part of the man’s body language, instead of moving back; he gave a smirk as Kaname moved closer. There was an edge to it like before, but it did soften, it wasn’t predatory, but he was evaluating the man in front of him.
[break][break]
It was a petulant little stare, one that tried to find the true worth of the one standing in front of them. ”You’re good with your pretty little words, and those promises. But, you don’t even know what I want. For a man who wants everything, that just means you’ll have to fight everyone at some point, even your partner.” As he finished saying that, Kouji turned on the spot.
[break][break]
Having walked three paces, he spun again, his smirk was a grin, as if he was holding a secret nobody else knew, one that he would let out into the world. ”I’ll go to the death for rocket, but I won’t let us win. I want a world where war never ends, whether it’s those weirdos from the other dimensions, legendaries, or against the league.” It wasn’t a stalemate.
[break][break]
Because he would win in such a case.
[break][break]
”Everyone is already a springboard for that, winners or losers. So, what are you really offering? Will ya really just go and mirror what I ask, and expect the same in turn, just sounds like plain ol’ co-dependence to me.”

NOTES

Secret Delios.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
Cloaked Hands [S]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 2:08:08 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Once the flask was in his hand, Kaname was quick to take a swig from it. The sweetness of the sake reminded him of home, of a world where he was a have-not who lived under the thumb of another’s expectations. A world he shunned in favor of a place where he was understood, valued even.[break][break]

Kaname’s eyes were fixated on Kouji’s face as he spoke. The Kouji Matsubara he’d known was clearly long gone, or rather the Kouji Matsubara he thought he knew was gone. In his stead was a Kouji hardened by years of suffering, someone who Kaname could not control or coerce with sweet words and promises of things to come.[break][break]

After all, this was a Kouji who’d grown up and matured; a man who seemingly shed the reckless skin of his youth. Despite the change, there was still a fragment of that old Kouji in there; a Kouji who just admitted to desiring a world of violence and forever wars.[break][break]

A smile crept onto Kaname’s face as he offered the other man a subdued shrug. “What you call codependence is really just quid pro quo, Kouji. Favors for favors, nothing more than that.” His tone had shifted, becoming darker and serious. “To answer your question, though. I’m offering you a chance to make your wish a reality, too. Our desires, they aren’t incompatible. On the contrary, I think they gel quite nicely together.” He paused, bringing the flask to his lips and taking another small sip.[break][break]

“I have resources and expertise you don’t, just like you have resources and expertise that I lack. Think of what we could do together, Kouji.”

NOTES

+Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cloaked Hands [S]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 3:16:30 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji didn’t really agree, he had big thoughts about it. ”Quid pro Quo, you’re lucky I sometimes understand the fancy words you big wigs wanna use…But it’s not the same thing.” He said as he tapped his pockets for a moment and dug for his knife, not his favored one; he had broken that one.
[break][break]
He threw it over to Kaname. ”Here, now give me something for it. Nothing special, no expectations. I do something, you do something, I do something.” He said as he gave that option. ”There’s no expectation there.”
[break][break]
”I don’t like ya Fujihara, so I won’t stick my neck out for you. I don’t want you sticking your neck out for me. If that ever changes, well, who knows. But as it stands, I don’t want your resources, and skills, I don’t want you to use mine. Any chance of a partnership are dead.” His expression was neutral, his smirk was nowhere to be seen.
[break][break]
He almost looked to walk away before he tilted his head to both sides, and then turned back on his feet before he walked up to Kaname. The pace of his steps increased with every one he took. His eyes were locked onto Fujihara’s own, shoulders squared, his focused, and then he rapidly extended his hand.
[break][break]
”But if you’re willing to pay for a job, or are willing to owe me, well, I don’t mind that kind of arrangement. I don’t need to trust you for that.” He extended his hand, palm open, ready to shake the hand of Kaname.
[break][break]
”That’s the only deal I’ll offer you.”

NOTES

Secret Delios.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights