TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
Overdue Reunion [Thomas][WOFF]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 1:52:18 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","lydiamag"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
With another day of security out the way, Lydia would pause to enjoy her favorite carnival activity: the food. Unlike the desert extravaganza yesterday, she turned her attention to more savory items. This included a walking taco as well as two corn dogs and a container of freshly fried pickles. The last two were carried by the twitchy Iron Valiant strolling alongside her.[break][break]

After noticing the Iron Valiant’s obsession with a balloon Dachsbun, the woman handed over a few dollars to the vendor. And, just like that, the murderous monstrosity was a giddy kid with a pink balloon.[break][break]

As she turned a street corner, the blonde’s widened. Her prim manners—somehow still present with a Dorito in her mouth—vanished. “Tw—o—ass!” She half shouted at the passing dark-haired man. Nachos and sour cream flew from her mouth. The plant-based beef joined them. Something went up the wrong hole, and she started coughing.[break][break]

Ready for battle, the Iron Valiant’s blades began to glow. It pointed one of these at the former Elite Four member. The light panels on its limbs began to glow. This threat was made less intimidating thanks to the extended corn dog and happy bobbing of the latex dog.

Balloon Prompt

[attr="class","bottom"]   [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lycanroc form-midday"]

[newclass=".lydiamag"]--accent:#ACDEF7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:11px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/af/bb/jiv6dvkF_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote b, .lydiamag blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .lydiamag blockquote b { font-size:11px!important } .lydiamag blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 1:55:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Moments earlier, Thomas bought a balloon in the shape of a Pikachu's head. The former Elite Four would tie the balloon around the wrist of a fluffy Audino, who cried out with glee as he got the balloon.

Thomas, looking out of place among the carnival goers, would be easy for the soldier to spot. A man in black boots, black trousers, and a short-sleeved button-up accompanied by an Audino with the Pikachu balloon.

Thomas would spot a familiar face as they rounded the corner. "Lyds?", Thomas blurted out.

As she started to choke on the taco, Thomas moved in quickly. Ignoring the Iron Valiant's threat, Thomas moved in to give the blonde an abdominal thrust, to free the food lodged in her windpipe. He would attempt to get behind her, and attempt to dislodge the blockage that threatened to end her.

Pulse, seeing how the Iron Valiant got into combat mode, attempted to calm the Paradox Pokemon with a Heal Pulse, and a plea that his master was trying to help their master.

tags:
notes: Prompt: Buy a Balloon Pokemon

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 2:02:00 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The Iron Valiant lifted its blade as the man rushed forward. Pink energy began to coalesce at its tip. But its trainer--even as her face changed colors---had the wherewithal to wave it off. [break][break]

This left the damned taco upside down between her feet.[break][break]

The Heal Pulse seemed to calm it somewhat. Though it was plain to see. Why is he hitting the small one? It thought to itself as it whirled to face them. But the blonde did not seem to be fighting him. She leaned into his arms.[break][break]

[break][break]

A mating dance perhaps? The internet showed many of those.[break][break]

The rough squeeze was enough to clear the blockage. A bit of orange chip flew out as she began to cough. After a moment of wheezing, she managed to croak out a response. "Thanks." She swallowed. "That would have been hard to explain on a tombstone."[break][break]

Perhaps that was Arceus's way of staving off these dark junk food desires. Still, judging by the fact that she picked off a crumb to eat, that warning was going ignored. [break][break]

Eat a carnival treat

[newclass=".lydiamag"]--accent:#ACDEF7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:11px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/af/bb/jiv6dvkF_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote b, .lydiamag blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .lydiamag blockquote b { font-size:11px!important } .lydiamag blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 2:19:10 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Audino's attempt at calming the futuristic chevalier seemed to have worked out.

As the blockage was dislodged, and the blonde started to cough, Thomas released her from his hold, and attempted to pat her on the back to help her out.

"Don't mention it, Lyds.", Thomas told her.

Thomas looked over at the Iron Valiant in her company. Though the image of it holding the Dachsbun balloon was a funny one, he knew the species were no joke.

"I see you got one, too. Where'd you find yours?", Thomas inquired.

The Audino would spot a group of people fishing in a small pond, attempting to fish out some Magikarp. The Audino cried out to his master, pointing hm towards the game.

tags:
notes: Prompt: Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 1:58:54 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The blonde turned to him. An atypical smile appeared. "I believe I already did, your highness." A taunt entered her normally stoic tones. As she straightened her clothes, she gave a forlorn glance to the wasted food at her feet.
[break][break]

A pity. It was not as if she had money to be literally casting aside. The talk of Iron Valiant drew her gaze to the fairy-type at her side. Just beyond its shoulders, she could sight the Dugtrio Toss game.
[break][break]

"I was at Dewford with Amor Rose." She pauses in case there is any sense of recognition. "It attacked me. Hermes stepped in. I used its own blade against it, and it has been following me ever since."
[break][break]

She turned to face her cousin fully. "What of yours?"
[break][break]

At the hubbub from the Audino, the steel Pokemon moved to stare into the lake. Its pixel eyes skirted across the water in time with the darting fishes. As always, its expression was unreadable.

MENTION DUGTRIO TOSS

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 19:28:06 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas offered a chuckle at her remark.

When she brought up how she got her Iron Valiant, Thomas listened. "I encountered mine on my Ranch, actually. After Dewford, mine arrived on the Ranch and tried to attack me. My Ceruledge fended it off, barely defeating it. After that, it chose to join me.", he'd tell her.

"It helped that me and Doug encountered one in the Dream Mist during the events of Dewford. It was a brutal battle, one that took the lives of my Muk, and his Kingler.", he'd explain, lamenting their losses.

Upon hearing the Audinos cries, Thomas turned his attention to what the little guy was pointing at. It was the Magikarp Fishing Game.

"Did you want me to win you a prize, Pulse?", Thomas asked the Audino.

The Audino would stare up at his master with Baby-Doll Eyes. Thomas couldn't help but smile, and pet the little one.

"You got it, little bud-", Thomas stopped, before spotting a drunken man stumble over to the carnie running the game.

"Shall we?", Thomas inquired to Lydia, before stepping over to deal with the argumentative drunk.

The drunken man would pause his abuse of the carnie, turning to face the larger man. "Get lost!", the drunk spat at him.

"You're clearly crocked, pal. It's time to retire for the day.", Thomas told the man sternly.

The drunk would take a swing at the former member of the Elite Four, only for the Kalosian to swiftly step back, allow the man to stumble forward, before getting behind him, and putting him in a rear hold, with the threat of it turning into a sleeper hold, if he caused more trouble.

"That wasn't a suggestion. Now, get the fuck out, before I throw your ass out.", Thomas growled venomously.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 22:47:49 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Lydia's lips pressed into a firm line. "That is concerning." It appeared that these Paradox Pokemon were spreading like a virus. Another plague that Hoenn did not need. "It is interesting that they joined for similar reasons, however." Her own--as evidenced by its obsession with the pond--had been curious as well as impressed.[break][break]

At the lament, Lydia bowed her head. A hand reached for a beloved amulet her cousin would notice was no longer there. Instead, she grasped at its phantom. "Lord Arceus be with them. Amen." The loss of a loved one was never an easy thing. Fortunately, the depressing air was soon banished by carnival fun.[break][break]

Lydia followed the pair to the game in silence. "Remember, you will have to carry what you win, Thomas." This practicality initially stopped her from playing the game herself. Even if the hanging Horsea plush called to her from a few feet above. Any further thoughts were interrupted by the stranger's coarse, profane rants.[break][break]

Blue eyes narrowed as she watched the carnie back up. "Let's." Fortunately, it seems her assistance was not needed. "Lady, can ya tell ya-hic-boyfriend not to--" He reached for her chest, his hand disappearing as she sidestepped him into a stumble. A brusque push sent him onto his face. "My cousin is being far more merciful than I would be. Leave." The man fled like a kicked cur, his tail figuratively between his legs.[break][break]

The carnie, really just a kid, thrust two cheap bamboo roads at them. "Thanks."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 4:21:50 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I suppose it's something to be said about this new species. That perhaps it respects combat prowess above all, and sides with those who prove themselves to them.", Thomas speculated.

"Though I can see there being exceptions to the rule. In the Ultra Sea, I met a prehistoric-looking Salamence, ended up saving it from Gavin Merlino. Though in the process, he turned my Luxray against me, and nearly killed me. In turn, the Pokemon I saved, I believe called Roaring Moon, saved my life.", he'd tell her.

The drunk was easy enough to take care of. Before Thomas could correct him by force, Lydia was already on it, sending the man running for the hills.

Thomas turned to the kid running the game. "You okay?", he'd ask the kid, taking a rod.

The fluffy Audino pointed Thomas to the giant Teddiursa plushie. "You got it, little guy!", Thomas told the Audino, before starting the game.

The former Elite Four member would patiently wait for a Magikarp to bite, before reeling it in. Hooked on the rod was an Orange and Gold Calico Magikarp.

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 2:25:22 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Blue eyes turned appraisingly to the lanky automaton. Following the actions of a nearby child, it threw grass into the pond. "Our sample size may be small, but the hypothesis holds true." Another frown appeared. [break][break]

Another story of Ultra Space and another deadly situation. Hm. "I am concerned by the number of people who wish to kill you." She had faced similarly harrowing situations, but she was not on a first-name basis with her enemies. The attacks were not personal.[break][break]

When the boy nodded, Lydia took the rod. "Thank you." A cast sent the bobber into the water. She felt a tug. Instead of a Magikarp, she emerged with a Feebas. A little red tag was gently locked around its fin.[break][break]

Judging by the lack of hooks, the Pokémon were trained to grab the line and hang on.[break][break]

"Uh--" She young man swallowed. "Want to try again?" With surprising enthusiasm, the blonde slammed a few dollars on the counter.

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 2:35:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I'm not surprised I managed to piss in the coffee of a Rocket higher up, to be honest.", he'd tell Lydia. "Hell, before he got himself killed in Verdanturf, Silas sent one of his Beasts, the assassin, to kill me.", he'd tell her with a chuckle.

With his prize claimed, Thomas would point to the giant Teddiursa plushie Pulse pointed out earlier. The boy would take it off the hook, handing it to Thomas. Pulse would let out cheerful little cries as Thomas handed him the plushie. Only problem was that Pulse couldn't see over it, and the balloon around his wrist only complicated things.

Thinking quickly, Thomas brought out another Audino, Bunni. Though she was noticeably shy, unlike Pulse, she looked over to her 'little brother', and giggled. After a moment of back and fourth, they'd agree to let Bunni hold onto the balloon, and help guide the fluffball around as he held the giant Teddiursa plushie.

Once Thomas finished tying the Pikachu balloon around Bunni's wrist, he'd turn back to see Lydia fish up a Feebas. He was ready to offer to pay for her next round, when she already put money on the counter for another shot.

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 2:42:46 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The coarse simile received a frown. "I would rather not imagine you pissing in coffee, Thomas." Still, the rest of his words did nothing to soothe her concerns. The little chuckle received a raised brow in response. "You seem proud of that fact." [break][break]

As of yet, she had yet to have an assassin sent after her. A fact she had little desire to change. Fame nor fortune were ever high on her list of desires. She did things because she was asked to, not for glory or applause.[break][break]

The Audino's interactions coaxed a small smile from the normal taciturn woman's lips. "I hope he does not grow bored of it." A toy like that required some determination to lug around.[break][break]

With a new rod in hand, Lydia returned to the pond. "Is this the only game you have played, cousin?" She cast into the chemical laden water.[break][break]

This time, the veteran pulled up a small Magikarp. The tag on its fin was emblazoned with a capital S. The vendor smiled awkwardly as he handed over a tiny, keychain-sized Horsea. Its eyes were crooked and the stitching poor.[break][break]

It would be hanging from her keychain by the end of the night.

"Perhaps we can try a game less dependent on...chance."[break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 2:59:41 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas couldn't but chuckle at her remark. Otherwise, she had it right. He was proud of the fact that he managed to make it on Rocket's kill list.

"Very.", he told her, with a grin. "If I wasn't on their shitlist before, my part in the rescue of former Councilwoman Anderson definitely put me there.", he'd continue.

It wasn't that Thomas was after any sort of fame, or status. But the fact that he managed to be enough of a thorn in Rocket's side to necessitate such measures told him he was having some effect.

"Even if he does, there will be plenty of little ones on my Ranch who'd take it.", he'd remark. Not that Pulse would.

"There was an ill-fated ride on a Tauros that a Combee ruined.", he'd tell her.

Thomas watched as she pulled up the Magikarp. A win was a win, as far as he was concerned.

"You been on any rides yet?", he'd inquire.

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 3:22:59 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Lydia sighed. For a moment, her voice was a perfect clone of her mother. "Boys will be boys." They took pride in the number of bloodied noses they left behind. Skinned knees were no different from badges of valor. At the discussion of Councilwoman Anderson, her lips pressed together. "I am concerned such a brazen act succeeded in the first place." While grateful for his actions, Lydia often focused on the root of problems. [break][break]

'Plenty' of little ones? Up went a carefully manicured brow. The normally stoic face twisted into one of teasing concern. "I am concerned this is becoming a problem, Thomas." She shook her head. "Even a ranch only has so many acres." But the sparkle in her eyes showed she was merely teasing. It was not as if her cousin was the only one with a penchant for cute things. Her own shelves were stacked with kitschy little glass animals.[break][break]

At the talk of Tauros riding, she blinked. Blue eyes shifted in the direction of that game. One that she'd had to shoo a few angry drunkards from. "For you or the bull?" A hand lifted to tuck a curl behind her left ear. "I have been enjoying the fare." While typically a woman of organic diet, carnival food was a particular weakness. "In between tossing out irritating patrons, of course."
[break][break]
The question received a shake of the head in response. "I have not..." Her cheeks colored. "My stature makes it...difficult." It was one thing to be turned away from a ride as a child but another entirely to be denied as a grown woman.

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 3:24:41 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas chuckled in response to her remark. In a way, he was his father's son. Though the two approached things differently, they were both warriors. Both relished in the injuries they inflicted, just as much as the ones they've sustained. Scars were mementos to them, stories to proudly tell those closest to them.

"Why do you think I went underground?", Thomas asked her playfully. Though he was leaning into her teasing, it was true. The man had made several underground biomes, in order to house a diverse selection of Pokemon in their most comfortable habitats.

"Both of us. I got bucked off in a panic, and the Tauros drove its horns into a wall, allowing the Combee to wail on the poor guy. Thankfully, aside from aching for a bit, I was fine.", he'd tell her.

"Shit, that sucks.", he'd tell her, sympathizing with her.

Bunni would begin to eye an ice cream vendor longingly. Thomas, catching onto this, made his way over. "I'll be back, I'm gonna get some ice cream.", he'd tell her, heading over to get a couple of vanilla cones.

As he was coming back, he spotted a boy crying over some fallen ice cream. Feeling bad for the boy, Thomas walked over, offering the boy his cone.

The boy, surprised by the kind gesture, hugged the man, before taking it. "Thank you, mister!", the kid beamed, sniffling.

"Uh, sure.", Thomas said awkwardly, as Bunni walked over to collect her cone from Thomas, squealing happily.

tags:

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 3:29:02 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The blonde blinked up at her cousin. A thin brow jerked upward as she shifted her gaze from him to the pair of Audino at his side. "You went...underground?" While she had never had the pleasure of seeing his ranch--avoided it in fact--she could not imagine the scope of it. At the moment, it resembled something from Beverly Hill Billies stacked high with Pokemon of all stripes.[break][break]

Her normally stoic face crumbled in a wince. "That sounds unpleasant." Lydia could not remember being stung by a bug Pokemon. But, perhaps, it was because she did not climb atop an angry animal for fun. Still, Thomas seemed unharmed. "And the Tauros?" People often treated their elemental gods harshly--especially if they acted outside of their given parameters.[break][break]

"It really only has its benefits at restaurants." While pride made her insist that she was, in fact, not a child under 12, the discounts were attractive. There was also something to be said for the smaller portions. As the man departed, her Iron Valiant watched with an illegible expression. It tilted its head questioningly. "It's a cold dessert. People eat it in summer." It beeped back at her in understanding.[break][break]

Watching Thomas's interaction with the boy, Lydia could not quite disguise her laugh. "A great warrior and still terrified of children." The awkwardness was adorable, in a pathetic way. "Allow me to repay the favor." Though she had already eaten too much ice cream, the sight made her hungry. A few moments later, she'd returned with three cones.[break][break]