48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 17:07:19 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
isn't it kind of a cliche for a lighthouse to be haunted? maybe somebody fell down the stairs and has unfinished business. or maybe ghosts are just attracted to such liminal spaces and get sucked in like it's a vacuum waiting to be filled. velvet remembers watching a ghost-hunting show a long time ago where they explored an old, abandoned lighthouse. this one isn't abandoned, technically, but it might as well be... which means it'd make a good meeting place for team rocket.

unfortunately, it won't be safe until they clear out the supposed "ghosts" from the area. if they're simply ghost-type pokemon, velvet's come prepared. if they're actual ghosts, she's not sure what they're supposed to do.

she's the first to enter. what's the worst that could happen? she waits for her partner in this mission, kouji, to catch up.

"this is, like, one of the last things i thought i'd be doing for rocket when i joined up,"
velvet complains. "not that i expect it'll be hard. it just feels a little silly. you done anything like this before?" she casts a backward glance at him.
[ ]

MISSION: paranormal activity. START!
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 1:32:24 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”Once before, got our asses beat up by the ghost. It should be much better this time though.” Kouji ran a hand through his hair as he looked up at the large building, he didn’t really think to be doing something like this again either. ”We’ll take a look to see it’s range and other things, we’ll have time to kill after ghost hunting.” He wasn’t sure whether she was new or not, but there was a lot of menial jobs.
[break][break]
Still, he opted to lead the way, to grab the large door. The bottom level was large, a huge spiral staircase, and a room in the back? Most likely for maintenance. ”How long you been a part of Rocket?” He asked over his shoulder as he began to climb the stairs, it was cooler in here than it was outside.
[break][break]
That might’ve been a hint a ghost was afoot, right?

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Ghost Busters!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
you shouldn't have messed with me, cuz i heard that you're afraid of monsters
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 1:41:07 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
"oooh, an experienced ghost hunter," velvet teases. "well, don't worry, i've got a few tricks up my sleeve..." she has no idea whether ghost-type pokemon will help against actual ghosts, but it's worth a shot, right? they might even just be pokemon here-- sometimes people can't tell the difference, and so reports get a little mixed up.

she pulls out her phone and turns on the flashlight, shining it around them. kouji's question gives her pause for a second, but then she starts to ascend after him. it is a bit cooler in here... would there be air conditioning on when nobody is supposed to be around? "couple months," velvet says with a shrug. "still just kinda getting my footing."

there's a creaking further up. almost as if someone else is there, ascending in much the way they are. ooh, exciting! velvet starts to walk faster, almost fast enough to overtake kouji. "hellooo up there-- oh, the acoustics here are amazing. ECHO!" her voice echoes throughout the lighthouse.
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 3:56:26 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”Wouldn’t call myself an expert by any means, just some guy getting stuck with this kinda mission…An awful lot?” He said with an almost flat voice, having made the realisation only part way through.
[break][break]
That was something to look at later.
[break][break]
”Enjoying yourself?” He said with a wry smile, the acoustics weren’t bad at all; if something was running around in here, they'd know pretty soon. Kouji took each step, and watched the other matching steps. ”Two months isn’t too fresh, so people’ll start expecting stuff of ya, you seem pretty relaxed even in these situations, ain’t scared of ghosts?”

NOTES

Ghost Busters!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 16:54:14 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
afraid of ghosts? "nope," velvet replies. "should i be? i mean, what's the worst that can happen? it's not like they can kill us, right?" life isn't like a horror movie. if ghosts are real, then they probably can't do much damage. if they could, they'd probably be hearing a lot more about ghost-related deaths and accidents. unless that's what they want you to think, and they're just suckering you into a false sense of security... velvet contemplates this thought and then tosses it to the side.

instead, she turns her flashlight around the staircase. she catches sight of a shadow moving up at the top, but it's gone in the blink of an eye, making her think she was just seeing things.

and then... her phone's flashlight starts to flicker. velvet wrinkles her nose, looking at the screen. "what the hell? this piece of junk..." she grumbles. she fiddles with the app, turning it off and then on again, but it continues to flicker. she's busy pursing her lips as she tries to decide what to do when, without warning, her phone turns off completely.

and then they're left in the suffocating darkness.
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 18:41:27 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji looked over his shoulder as the light went out, so they were finally getting into it huh? He put a hand to his face before releasing a long sigh.
[break][break]
”Well, looks like the haunting’s about to begin here, make sure to grab onto something.” The sound of the stairs creaking got louder and louder, closer and closer, before it was metres in front, Kouji preemptively threw out a punch but it only met thin air.
[break][break]
Whatever it was, wherever it went.
[break][break]
”Alright, it might be starting to get just a little weird now.” And then the sound of movements moved far away again, at the top of the staircase, Kouji began to move once more.
[break][break]
”Stick close, separating is how people die.”

NOTES

Ghost Busters!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 0:06:49 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
velvet sticks her tongue out in the darkness. "booo! i'm gonna live forever, bitch! unlike you, stupid ghost!" she blows a raspberry at the top of the stairs. as she says it, she tightens her grip on the railing, and her other hand putting her phone away in her bag and finding a pokeball instead. what they need here is some light... but first, she wants to try doing what she's seen on a bunch of ghost hunting shows. the best way to get a spirit to reveal itself is to piss it off, right?

she yells even louder. "are you gonna show yourself, or are you just a big pussy!? huh??" there's a creak, as if something is coming a bit closer... and then nothing but the sound of the wind. "huh... guess you are--"

something yanks at her shirt, pulling her backwards. "whoa!" velvet almost loses her footing. "quick, it's behind me!" purely by reflex, her finger finds the button on her pokeball, and out comes her lampent. the staircase is now once again illuminated, albeit in an eerie blue glow.
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 15:21:29 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji could hear the voice behind him, of Velvet taunting the ghost.
[break][break]
Cute.
[break][break]
But he shook his head as he kept his senses sharp, yet a blue glow, eerie as it was comforting took over the surroundings. Whatever it was, it had stayed satisfied by just playing some pranks, so Kouji began to move upwards again, up the stairs to reach a more comfortable location, a place they could fight from. He hadn’t been here before, or he might have called for Sableye to help out in that regard.
[break][break]
”You alright? Think almost pulled you to your death. Woulda thought that’d be over for ya.” He said as he continued to walk, he didn’t go for his pokemon just yet, he didn’t feel the need.
[break][break]
”If you’re worried, I’ll go give ya a piggy back, if we fall that way, my back will have a cushion.” He said with an amused tone.

NOTES

Ghost Busters!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[/quote][/quote]
close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 17:23:04 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
velvet's response is automatic. "ew, no." she doesn't much like touching other people unless she initiates. the thought makes her skin crawl.

her lampent floats in between them as they ascend the stairs. velvet follows after kouji, doing her best to keep up the pace. her heart is racing, but not in a bad way. she feels more like a kid in a haunted house attraction than anything. life after death, huh... are ghosts even aware of what they are? or does death feel like dreaming?

"how exactly did you get rid of them the last time you did this?" velvet asks, brows furrowing. "i mean, it's not like we can hurt them, right? and we don't have any special equipment." no vacuums that can suck ghosts up actually exist outside of movies, she assumes. though they haven't yet confirmed these are human ghosts and not pokemon just messing with them...
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 11:24:25 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

The last time?
[break][break]
”We beat the crap out of it. The first time it was a Malamar pretending to be a ghost, second time it was some ghost type pokemon, so maybe this time it’ll be an actual ghost, you know how to do an exorcism?”
[break][break]
It was then that his feet touched down on solid flat ground, and he turned around, being rebuffed with an ew did sting, but he was a new man now, a stronger man who didn’t cry on the inside.
[break][break]
He told himself.
[break][break]
”Absol.” He called for him, his pokemon and ace, whose eyes began to scan around already looking for something, a slight glow to them. ”He’ll warn us before an attack…Probably, watch your back.” They were really just baiting things out, but then the platform underneath them began to creak, shake, and then gradually…
[break][break]
It fell.

NOTES

Ghost Busters!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[/quote][/quote]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 3:20:17 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
okay, ghost-type pokemon she can definitely deal with pretty easily. she can deal with psychic types pretending to be ghosts, too. real ghosts? it seems both of them are in the dark, no pun intended.

the floor beneath them begins to shake. velvet casts a worried glance around. is this another prank, or are they in actual danger? she finds her answer when the floor caves beneath her feet. with a shriek, she plummets, one hand reaching out for something, anything to grab. her fingers grace upon the cool steel of her lampent, and she grabs hold tightly, her legs swinging underneath her. panting, velvet tries to focus. is this an illusion? did the floor really cave in?

if it's a pokemon messing with them, the first thing to do is find it. "cast a wide inferno out," she tells her lampent. "like-- like a net." it does as she asks, the blue flames illuminating the entire area around them... hunting, searching, trying to find the culprit behind it all.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 11:39:34 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

The floor fell, Kouji could only instinctually go for his pokeball, the dragon that came from it appeared beneath him, the mechanical form, and lights that were all around its body began to switch on and off as if attempting to communicate. ”Urgh, its’ you.” Disgust was apparent in his voice, before he saw Velvet’s plan for what it was.
[break][break]
”Use heatwave, we’ll make it more intense, no hiding out on this one.” He said just as various shapes started to appear from the darkness, that shape, that color; the ability to change color so comfortably.
[break][break]
It was Kecleon, smoking them out like that had been the best option, and the flames gave some light as the pokemon were washed over with them.
[break][break]
”Not a bad idea, so, wanna report back, or kick their asses?”

NOTES

Ghost Busters!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[/quote][/quote]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 16:53:10 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
kecleon, huh? velvet's lampent floats up to the next available platform, allowing her to light down upon the ground once more. she's composed once more, recovering quickly from the shock of her plummet. "obviously we gotta take 'em out after they humiliated us like that," she states, scowling at the already-injured kecleon as they try to recover from the attack. given their ability, they'll be fire type now... so it wouldn't be wise to use another fire type move.

she points at one of them. "use shadow ball," velvet commands, sneering. the lampent at her side conjures up a dark orb and sends it flying at the kecleon, who's still too shaken to dodge it. "maybe if we catch them and hand them over when we report in...? i mean, they're pretty good at messing with people. i bet they'd be a valuable asset for rocket."
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 1:34:19 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji grinned, showing his teeth to his enemies, he was ready to dive into the battle in full.
[break][break]
Iron Jugulis was ready, baring its teeth.
[break][break]
With the shadow ball, Kouji had a good idea on what to follow up with, opting for a Dark Pulse in that moment, striking for extra critical damage.
[break][break]
”Aye, we can catch ‘em, they’ll be sneaky and a good thing to give to new recruits.” Kouji said with a nod before he went to grab one of his pokeballs and threw it forward before it hit the pokemon.
[break][break]
They still had more to go, others came out of the woodworks, and it was time to influence them again.
[break][break]
”Heatwave.” Another wave of hot air aimed were aimed at the Kecleon.

NOTES

Ghost Busters!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[/quote][/quote]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
paranormal whacktivity
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 17:37:32 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
"ooh, good one!" velvet watches as the super effective attack lands on the kecleon that had its type changed to ghost, grinning nastily when the ball hits its target. she's prepared her own pokeballs, watching as the second heat wave flushes out their opponent. boy, it's getting hot in here... it's a good thing the lighthouse isn't too flammable.

the kecleon are panicking. they clearly didn't expect this. "i'll set 'em up, you knock 'em down." velvet commands her lampent to launch more shadow balls. they hit each target, turning their type to ghost, leaving them vulnerable for another dark type attack. she does this enough times that it's not long before all the kecleon have been weakened enough that she starts throwing pokeballs. velvet seems to be enjoying this, watching as one by one, they all fall victim to her attacks. true, it's not the most mentally stimulating battle, but there's something satisfying about this vengeance. she laughs as another pokeball thuds into a kecleon. "hah! get bent!"