Yuina Higashi
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 19:00:29 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

So far, Yuina felt like she was doing pretty okay in this ranger business, she was taking missions and making sure to keep on top of her assignments. She was really trying to do her best every day, and it seemed like maybe it was starting to catch up to her? The ranger organization took some of her progress into account and after a little bit of an assessement, and asking from a pretty specific list of Pokemon which one she might have with her, kind of weird, she was issued something called a Mega Bracelet, and was given a stone for her Steelix... And then was told that it was perfect timing because a school of Wailord was beached in Dewford and a Mega Steelix would be a great fit to take care of the problem! So no time to waste, go go go![break][break]
And so she went went went off to the beach...[break][break]
She brought Tahlos along, the towering steel type rumbled along on the beach and had already tried and failed to push one of the giant blue Pokemon back into the water and so she stood there within the shadow of her Steelix that was supposed to Mega evolve? But how...[break]
"I don't suppose you know how you're supposed to do it, huh," Yuina murmured, and the giant steel serpent grumbled in a low growl. She sighed, here she was under the guise and assumption that she even knew the first thing about this Mega Evolution, but when the only frame of context that she had for anything was just the last two months... Her knowledge of basic Pokemon things was still fairly thin.

notes[break]
Mission: A Whale of a Problem -> Dewford Town[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 19:10:00 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson was no ranger. But, he was a member of the AQUA Initiative, and the Elite Four. Hoenn's problems, regardless of their nature, were his problems.
[break][break]
He holds a leisure gait as he walks the beach despite the wall of blubberous Pokemon. His eyes spot a nearby woman dwarfed by her Steelix and his lips quirk in amusement. Steering just a few degrees to his left, he makes his way over.
[break][break]
"Hey!" He tosses a friendly smile. "Something wrong? You look like you just took a handful of something sour."

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 19:33:51 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

She had on the mega bracelet with the keystone thing... Check.[break]
Tahlos had his special stone in a crest he wore... Check.[break]
And then... What? It wasn't like there was a manual for this kind of thing... Or was there? Did she miss that bit somewhere and she could figure it out from there?[break][break]
"I'm sorry Tahlos... I don't really get it... I shouldn't have rushed out here without trying to figure out why they gave us this stuff," Yuina huffed, she was discouraged, but only just. Darn it if she wasn't going to get the job done regardless of what she did or didn't know. She looked up though at a voice coming towards her, asking what was the matter? She didn't want to say that she was failing as a ranger, but if there was anything that she could do to help the giant blue Pokemon? That was what was important here.[break][break]
"I got sent out here to help these Pokemon because I have a Steelix that's supposed to be able to Mega Evolve? But... I don't really know what that means or how to do it. I'm just trying to help the Pokemon get back in the water, but it's not going too great," she sighed, just because she had X, Y, and Z pieces didn't always mean she could put the puzzle together...

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 22:15:27 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]A trainer's first Mega Evolution was typically hit-and-miss. Some took to it like a Wailord to water — pun intended — while others, like Yuina here, struggled.-
[break][break]
"Well, this kind of thing happens all the time. I wouldn't sweat it. Let's see what we can do to help."
[break][break]
While the problem ahead of them was of concern, it was something Greyson could solve easily, should it come to that. Training a Cadet would pay dividends going forward.
[break][break]
Reaching for an orb at his waist, Greyson releases a Steelix of his own. It purrs in greeting, the sound of gears rolling over one another smoothly.
[break][break]
"How long have you and your Steelix been together?"

[break]

notes

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 22:27:18 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

While it sounded worse in her head and saying it out loud, at least the person who approached her didn't seem too fussed over her and Tahlos not being able to achieve mega evolution. So maybe it wasn't as big of a deal as she thought it was, but still one that she wanted to figure out... And it sounded like in general she wasn't the only one to experience such an issue, in fact, he was offering help it sounded like?[break][break]
"Yeah? That would be really great of you," Yuina remarked, stepping closer to Tahlos, and she was surprised as he released a Steelix of his own. So it wouldn't just be help he could give, but maybe even an example? A very very accurate and fruitful example as it appeared. Tahlos glowered and hummed low with his open maw, greeting the other Steelix across from him.[break]
"Wow, okay," Yuina said, looking up at the other towering steel type, then back down to the trainer as he posed his question... How long had she and Tahlos been together...?[break][break]
"Oh... Uh... It hasn't really been that long I guess? Like, a month...? Does that mean he can't actually mega evolve," Yuina returned, a bit down trodden, was something like that a factor here? Why wasn't Kyoko on that weirdly specific list of Pokemon? Surely she could do it too... She had no idea that something like this just went way over her head.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 1:18:37 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Not at all," he reassures, lifting a hand to pat the steel shell of his Steelix. "Think of Mega Evolution as tapping into the bond between you, and your Pokemon. That bond is different for each person, and each Pokemon, and time doesn't necessary come into play into these type of things."
[break][break]
He drops one hand, while bringing up the other. Around it, a Comfey, and interlaced in her flowers, a series of Mega Stones.
[break][break]
"Think of your friendships. Perhaps you've had the same friend for ten-years, but your friendship hasn't really deepened. While, on the other hand, you've only known someone for six-months, and you feel like you could tell them everything."
[break][break]
The stone on wrist begins to glow dimly as Greyson closes his eyes, lips curling into a soft smile.
[break][break]
"Close your eyes for me and try to think of your bond with Tahlos here like a.. link. Is it solid? Is it frail? Is it a wire, or string, or perhaps even a steel chain? If you were to pluck it like a harp, what sound would it make? Think of these things and describe to me what you're feeling."

[break]

notes

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 2:16:01 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Yuina had her doubts still, as the other trainer started to go into specifics about this idea of mega evolution, but she couldn't beat herself up too much... Or at least she should try not to. She didn't know what she didn't know, and she sure didn't know that there was so much outside of just having the pieces to put together that went into Mega Evolution. She didn't want to discourage Tahlos though... It wasn't fair to him, she needed to step up and make sure they could do this together, especially if it depended on her now as much as it did him.[break][break]
"Okay Tahlos, we can do this, I know things are still new, but you were meant for this... The universe is funny that way," Yuina said, moving closer to the Steelix, trying to be encouraging. Maybe the universe was funny that way... If things hadn't happened the way that they did for her... She wouldn't be here now, learning this concept with a Pokemon she cared about... Did she know how to do this before? Did she have other Pokemon that could Mega evolve...? Would she ever find out...?[break]
She shook those thoughts away from her mind, right now wasn't about her past life, it was about this life, this moment, right in front of her. She raised her hands and laid them out on Tahlos' smooth, cool body, closing her eyes and thinking, really thinking, about what the other trainer said. He obviously spoke from experience, and the way that he spoke about that experience was all Yuina needed to really take it seriously. He wouldn't be explaining this concept to her if it wasn't true.[break][break]
"I feel like... I see a a wire, it's thin like it's just the beginning, but it feels strong and taught," she began, trying to focus more, splaying her hands out on Tahlos' body.[break]
"It's... coated in silver, shining silver, like nothing has touched it yet, like its brand new just uncoiled. But it shimmers a little bit, like a little sparkle, just because its only a small silver wire, doesn't mean that it isn't special... Like its made of something more."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 18:52:04 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Good, good."
[break][break]
This thought exercise, like Mega Evolution itself, was hit-or-miss depending on the person. So long as Yuina tried, there would be value.
[break][break]
"Now follow the thread back to your Steelix. Pull it taut; smooth out any wrinkles, bends, or dips. Like all relationships you need to nurture it, and where better to start than here?"
[break][break]
The glow of his stone grows further, and even with his eyes closed, Greyson smiles.
[break][break]
"Your Pokemon needs to trust you fully. You're bringing out their latent power; they'll need you to guide them through the process, and their strength afterwards."
[break][break]
He hums as Mega Evolution consumes his Steelix, a ball of iridescence energy that surrounds the steel-type. When it ends, the Steelix is significantly larger, heavier, and exudes power.
[break][break]"Push your will through that silver string. Give it a shot."

[break]

notes

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 16:37:22 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

As focused on this as she had ever been on anything she felt like, Yuina stood stock still as she remained close to Tahlos, eyes closed, hands splayed on his steel armor and trying to listen to the man's words. She wanted this... She wanted this for Tahlos, he should be able to reach his full potential and if she was the bridge between him and achieving that, then she was going to do whatever it took. She could see this wire in her mind's eye, the beginning thread of their relationship together. Yuina reached out to touch it, feeling its smooth texture, she wanted Tahlos to feel her energy, feel how much she wanted to work together, her confidence that they could do this...[break]
"We can do this Tahlos, together, I know we can," she urged, she was willing it, Yuina was putting all of her focus into reaching Tahlos at the other end of the wire, and the Steelix rumbled at her words. Her bracelet began to glow, and an energy consumed Tahlos, the brightness of it caused Yuina to open her eyes and take a step back as the Steelix began to undergo this change, this evolution. She focused harder, pushing her will out into the universe.[break]
"We're almost there Tahlos," Yuina shouted over the surging energy, and Tahlos rumbled again with great power as he emerged from the shrouding energy, a new form, and a new resolve, towering over the beach.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 1:31:28 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson laughs excitedly.
[break][break]
"Look at that! You did it!"
[break][break]
That was the first time he'd guided someone through that exercise. His own Steelix beside him thrums with the energy of mega evolution, a deep rumbling in her chest that echoed 'congratulations'.
[break][break]
"How's it feel?"
[break]

notes

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 16:19:17 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Towering over the beach, even more so now in this new form, Yuina stepped away from Tahlos' figure to really take it in, he looked absolutely incredible and just felt beyond powerful, he actually did it! They did it, together![break]
"Oh my gosh, thank you, thank you so much," Yuina gasped, she was elated, delighted, excited and everything in between, this was a big step as a trainer and she was actually able to accomplish this![break][break]
"It feels incredible, knowing that our will together was able to accomplish this! This... this is an incredible thing that Pokemon can do," Yuina went on, she was truly beside herself, it might seem commonplace to others, those who had had this capability for sometime, but to her this... This was a pinnacle of what she had achieved so far.[break]
"Really, thank you, you didn't have to stop and help us today, but... Thank you for taking the time to do so," she thanked again, turning back to him fully.[break]
"I'm Yuina, it's nice to meet you," she offered before turning back to Tahlos who rumbled back at the other Steelix that he now matched.[break][break]
"Alright Tahlos, lets get these Pokemon back into the water," Yuina called and started to move along the sandy beach, and with his new found strength and power, and his incredibly broad head, Tahlos had little struggle now in leaning in and pushing with his great strength as one of the impossibly large water type Pokemon was pushed back into the water. They were successful!

notes[break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Mega What? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 4:13:30 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YUINA RECEIVES THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break]
GREYSON RECEIVES THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: