Yuina Higashi
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 20:06:36 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

At some point Yuina had to wonder if all of this was standard equipment? By the rangers, she was issued something called a Tera Orb, that was some kind of special Pokeball that allowed her Pokemon to Terastalize... That sounded like a lot, and obviously she had no frame of reference for it... But something about them telling her briefly about Tera Shards and Crystals... Wasn't that what was down in the depths of that giant monster that everyone was doing expeditions for? Maybe, but that was really neither here nor there, she needed to actually learn about this Tera thing so that she could properly use it. No sense in going out in the world with something she didn't know how to use.[break]
She was at least given direction, someone in the area had been doing a lot of reading on this Terastalization business, and that he was around Rustboro City if she wanted to learn more. Now that was an offer she was going to take up. Anyone who knew anything about this was going to know more than her right now, and that was a start.[break][break]
Bringing Kyoko along, figuring that one of her longest standing partners, if a couple of months counted for much, would be who she should learn about Terastalizing with. And so it was in Rustboro City, Yuina set out to meet with Keenan to learn how to use her Tera Orb.

notes[break]
Mission: A Tera Test -> Rustboro City[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
Don't give up. There's no shame in falling down. True shame is never standing back up.
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 0:56:34 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Ever since the Tera shard phenomenon was discovered and shared and demonstrated, Kee found it really awesome. And had been reading all about it and trying to find any and all information about it. He was by Rustboro, just at the northern edge of the city. He had managed to enroll in a testing program to help rangers learn how to use the Tera Orb. He'd been refreshing himself on it, along with his Shaymin "hat" on the top of his head. Though he wondered if the cutie could actually read or if it was just pretending to be. Or asleep. Whatever the case, he waited patiently for the ranger to arrive.

Wearing a tank top with yellow, short-sleeved overshirt to match his bright blonde hair, and plain jeans, he had his phone in hand reading. It was getting close to the time to meet when he looked up and saw the ranger, a lady named Yuina. He started to wave at her. "Hey! Hi! Are you Yuina? I'm Keenan!" He enthusiastically shouted at her, hoping to get her attention. The blonde was very friendly and perhaps a bit too trusting. Then again, he's had very few bad encounters with people.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 18:16:27 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

For as little information as she had about it still, it seemed that this 'terastalizing' was still a fairly new concept over all in the region since there were people avidly studying it and they were still doing testing and stuff with these crystals that caused it? Yuina wasn't really sure how much the region experienced with terastalizing and what she really needed to know about it, but it was fortunate with all of the studying and things that were going on, that there were resources and people that could help out.[break]
Making her way into Rustboro City, moving towards a meeting place that had been designated for her to find this Keenan person, Yuina heard a call out to her, and then her name as she turned to find a young blond man looking out to her and waving.[break][break]
"Oh, Keenan, hi," she remarked, moving towards him then with a smile, glad they were able to find each other today![break]
"Thank you so much for taking some time to see me, I, well, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I really don't know much about these Tera Orbs, and it'd be great to get some good info," she thanked, it was really a good thing he was doing, like a workshop of sorts as it were, to show rangers how to use these Tera Orbs that they were issued!

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
Don't give up. There's no shame in falling down. True shame is never standing back up.
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 1:54:45 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
She smiled politely at him, and thanked the teenager. "Oh, don't worry about. I just thought that this was a pretty cool phenomenon." He kept the journals and books in his bag for them to reference. He didn't mind being a test dummy. While he could see the value of changing type in the middle of combat, whether or not that he could use it properly would be a different story. "So, what is it that you want to learn about it?" Practical usage or just plain practice. He wouldn't mind the actual practice part, could be good preparation to seeing if there was a gym available. Shaymin started to sniff at her from atop his head, then made a cute noise and waved at her. "Oh, and this is Shaymin."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 19:03:25 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Smiling at the small green Pokemon Keenan had, Yuina waved back at the Pokemon called Shaymin. It really was very cute, and had a beautiful pink flower on the side of its head, it was certainly a flower that she had never seen before, or the Pokemon for that matter.[break]
"Oh, it's very cute, I've never seen anything like it," she smiled.[break][break]
"Well, I'm just not sure what Terastalizing does I guess? I know there are only a handful of Pokemon that can 'mega evolve', does the same go for 'terastalizing'? How does it affect a Pokemon," she questioned then, she did have a fair handful of questions, but it was coming from a place of she really didn't know anything about anything for this terastalization, she was basically starting brand new here, as she was with everything else.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 15:25:39 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
She smiled at Shaymin, who returned the smile. "Yep, I guess they're super rare, and it's a bit of a process to even get to the grove these little guys are at..." And it involved a special flower that he managed to get by pure chance at a Palentine event. It was quite the interesting experience. Moving on, she gave him a couple of questions. "So basically, using the Tera Orb, Terastalizing changes the Pokemon's type entirely. Like if a Dragonite Terastalizes into a Steel-type, it's no longer weak to Ice, Fairy, or Dragon type attacks. It also boosts the power of those same type attacks, similar to how a move from the Pokemon's typical type is a little bit stronger than if a different Pokemon uses it. Kind of like the difference between a Gyarados using Flamethrower and my Houndoom using it. From my understanding, you can terastalize any Pokemon, it's not limited. But their tera types are usually the same as one of their other types, like if it's a fire and dark type, the Pokemon's tera type is usually one of those two. It's kinda rare for a Pokemon's tera type to be different than their types. Far as I know, that's the only way it affects them. It can really broaden the strategic options..."

And that's not counting the move Tera Blast. It was unfortunately a special move, so physical attackers couldn't make use of it that well, but the move did change type to whatever the Pokemon's tera type is when terastalized. But let's start slow. Keenan had a habit of sometimes going too fast. He had to show some restraint to just information dump all over her. Or anyone else really. Maybe a bad habit he got from his little brother...or dad.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 22:39:29 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Knowing this was important, Yuina was going to do her darndest to pay attention and make sure she could get some facts straight, but once he started talking, and talking, and talking, and naming names and saying things about Pokemon... She did wait until he was finished, or... Was he finished? He did at least stop talking in that moment and Yuina took it as an opportunity try and absorb everything that she'd just been told... Maybe she should have been a little bit more forthright with him...[break]
"Uh... Hmm," she stammered, she was sure that he actually explained everything perfectly, she had no reason to question the legitimacy of any of the information, she just didn't know how to put it all together...[break]
"So... I'm really, really, new to Pokemon training, uh... And that's not your fault, I guess I should have said so... I didn't really catch a lot of what you just said...," she winced, it was all around now kind of an awkward situation... But she definitely wasn't going to let this time go to waste for both of them.[break][break]
"Let's uh... Let's just take a step back, and start small, I brought one of my Pokemon with me, and the Tera Orb I was issued, and let's take things from there," Yuina offered, and she did take a moment to release Kyoko her Typhlosion. Surely she could work with her partner and learn about her terastalizing, and then from there could actually apply the things that he talked about.[break]
"So, theoretically, Kyoko should be able to Terastalize, I'm gonna start there," she stated, and while she fumbled with the Tera Orb for a couple of moments, she did tap into its energy eventually, and from its glow Kyoko began to glow in kind until she sparkled in brilliant pink and shimmers.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 19:55:09 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Keenan stopped. Oops. "Sorry, I went too fast." He laughed a little and rubbed the back of his head. Then he sat back and listened. She was new? Wasn't she a ranger? Or was she a trainee? Not that there was anything wrong with that, it was just unexpected. She suggested taking a step back and go slow. She took out her Typhlosion, which wasn't a normal one to begin with. His eyes sparkled as he exclaimed "That's a Hisuian Typhlosion!" Cool pokemon! She moved on, and terrastalized the cool Pokemon. "Hisuian Typhlosion are usually ghost and fire type pokemon. I think your's is now just a fire type."

Right? Although...pink seemed...not right for a fire tera type? "Well, second thought...I...don't know what tera type it is. Fairy-type? I mean, we can test that if you want to..." He had Houndoom with him. So a Dark Pulse would normally be super effective against a ghost-type. Or a psychic-type? If it was now a fire type, it'd be resistant against other fire-type attacks. This is all assuming she was good with testing these theories...

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 1:41:57 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Yuina felt a little bad that he probably felt bad about going too fast, but he didn't know she wouldn't know what he was talking about, that was on her she felt like.[break]
"No, it's okay, don't apologize! I'm just... on a little bit of a learning curve right now, it's totally not your fault," Yuina ensured. Now that she had Kyoko out though, it was time to try and start putting the pieces together, and the Typhlosion looked over herself as she glittered and sparkled in bright pink, like a crystalized armor had morphed itself over her body.[break]
"You're okay, right Kyoko," Yuina asked as Keenan pondered things, hoping that whatever this process was didn't hurt her Pokemon at all, but the fire type huffed with a smile on her features, she was doing just fine.[break][break]
"Wait, fairy type? Oh come on, how many types are there," Yuina huffed, she thought she was doing a good job at learning about the different types of Pokemon that were out there with the ones she had caught so far, but she'd definitely never heard of fairy type yet.[break]
"Uh, yeah, let's test it, how do we want to do that?"

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 1:59:45 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
She was on a learning curve. She tried to make him feel better. Not that he really needed it. He was new to this teaching thing, afterall. Yuina did seem surprise at the number of types a Pokemon has. "There are eighteen known Pokemon types. Each with its own strengths and weaknesses." People start learning about Pokemon at varying ages. Even so, Kee half wondered how she hadn't at least learned that much? Yuina was such a wierd ranger. But yeah, how to test that...

"I have a Houndoom. Normally, his Dark-type attacks would do massive damage to a Hisuin Typhlosion. But if it's a Fairy-type, then a Dark Pulse would hardly do anything to him. Unless my Houndoom is significantly stronger than Kyoko here. Which is a worry, considering my Houndoom is my strongest Pokemon..." He tried to think maybe a safer way. After a moment, it came to him. "Oh! But Fairy-types are immune to Dragon-type moves! I have a Hydreigon! Not with me, I'd have to go switch someone out for her, but that's a possibility! Even if she's much stronger than Kyoko, a Dragon Pulse still won't do any direct damage...might blast her through something though, but that's all...we can test that outside the city..." Less chances of collateral damage that they would be responsible for.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 21:58:51 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

This really did become a bit more complicated than she thought it would, or meant it to be... But Keenan was being patient, she was thankful for that. She'd just learned about a new type, and that apparently Kyoko was that Tera type even though she shouldn't be, but it was possible so that was a thing... they just needed to test it out...[break]
"Hmm, I think we'll be okay if we test it out, it's just like a battle now, huh? Let's go out and find somewhere to try out Kyoko's tera type," Yuina smiled, encouraged now, and narrowing the focus, that was something she could definitely do! This was exciting now, she could do this, and the Typhlosion huffed in response, ready to take on a test or two to really understand what she was capable of!

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 2:16:27 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
"Alright, give me a minute, I'll go get Hydreigon!" With that, Keenan left to go get his dragon. Upon returning, an overly long twenty minutes later due to getting lost, they went outside the city. The Typhlosion seemed ready to go. Kee threw his pokeball, releasing the three headed dragon that was Hydreigon. "Ready whenever you are!" The blonde waited for Yuina's confirmation to test if Kyoko's type was now a Fairy type. Upon getting he would give his dragon the command. "Okay, Hydreigon, use Dragon Pulse!" The middle head reared up, a glowing in her throat, and fired an energy blast that looked like a dragon.

It was a sure fire way to tell if he was right. Now it was just wait and see...

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 0:32:58 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

There was a bit of waiting around, and Yuina wondered just how long Pokemon could be in this terastalized state since Kyoko remained sparkling and shimmering in pink for the duration of their wait. She didn't seem to be hurt by the prolonged state, or that it was wearing on her, so that was probably a good sign that it could last for a while without any adverse affects?[break]
They moved out to a better place that wouldn't get too beat up while volleying attacks, and Yuina took a spot away from Kyoko since there was really no telling what was going to happen.[break][break]
"We're ready," Yuina returned, making sure Kyoko was ready too, and the Typhlosion braced herself for the oncoming attack. The strange dragon took the command and blasted a powerful ray of dragon energy towards Kyoko, and Yuina braced herself for not knowing if it could hurt the fire type or not. The energy struck, and there was a flurry of pink shimmering sparkles at the attack making contact with Kyoko's terastalized energy, but it was like the energy of the dragon's attack was being absorbed, or diminished by Kyoko, and the Typhlosion didn't even lose her balance, let alone seem to take any damage.[break]
"Oh wow! So that means that she actually does have the Fairy Type? That actually worked," Yuina remarked, she was elated and enthralled, Kyoko had taken on an entirely new type and showed what Terastalization could really do.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 1:00:19 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
When the attack hit, there was a lot of pink shimmering all around. The Typhlosion didn't even loose her balance, and there wasn't so much as a scratch on her. Success! Even the Shaymin on his head waved two little leafy pom poms in celebration of finding out the creature's tera type. "Yep! But only when you use the Tera Orb. Fairy-types have the type advantage over Dragon, Fighting, and Dark type pokemon. Granted, it does make her vulnerable to Steel and Poison type attacks." And if Kyoko knew a fairy type attack, combined with the fairy terastil form, she'll basically oneshot any of those Pokemon, even if she was vulnerable to other types. Though with her being a former fire type, she'd likely have a fire type attack and could still hit steel types hard. But especially his Hydreigon. "So, is there anything else you'd like to know?" Kee was slightly eager if there was anything else he could help her with on understanding how to use the Tera Orb.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Let's Talk Tera [M]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 4:09:14 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: