POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 21:33:23 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

His previous visit had been a little stressful, a bit disappointing. But he reviewed 's feedback and took it stride. Now, some time later., he steps up again to be interviewed in the hopes of being allowed to begin his slow grind to the top. [break][break]

This time he would be interviewing with a different member. To be expected he supposed. Mint makes his way down winding halls and stops before his destination. He pulls out his phone one last time, checking his bangs, and retucking his shirt into his slacks before taking a silent breath. [break][break]

It's just an interview. He's done hundreds of these before. And while the last time went poorly, he hadn't felt it had. So regardless of what was to come, he couldn't gage if it was a bad one or not anyway. There's no use worrying about it. [break][break]

He feels a cold touch at his shoulder as the memory of Noemi's claw on his resurfaced. Instantly, he's set out of an old, instinctual fear. He pushes the thought of her away, and focuses. [break][break]

'I want to fight the E4.'
[break][break]

Go.
[break][break]

Mint knocked softly, twice, before waiting to be allowed entry. "Mint Frost, for the 11 am interview." he said, voice clear before waiting by the frame.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/ce/a9/C0T6u7bJ_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 21:38:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Come in."
[break]
[break]

Greyson's voice carries from his desk, an old, beaten-up wooden thing. In-front of said desk are two mix-matched chair. One, a more luxurious armchair, the other a 4-legged wooden thing you'd find in a kitchen.
[break]
[break]

Greyson stands from his chair, smiling. A shiny Swellow is perched on a nearby coatrack, napping.
[break]
[break]

". Come in. Sit. How've you been?"

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 21:47:53 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

He obeys, stepping in gracefully. A picture of calm. A polite smile drawn. And then it all cracks in front of a familiar face. He grins, head cocked a little as he looks at Greyson and then around at his office. "Congrats on the promotion then." He hadn't seen much of him since their gym bout. [break][break]

The first inkling he'd gotten of Kyurem. If only the real thing had been as mild as Greyson's simulation. [break][break]

He looks to the shiny Swellow, keeping his voice down before taking a seat in the smaller chair. "We expecting company?" he asked, looking over at the other one before shrugging. "Or another candidate, I guess?" he added with a small laugh. "I'm doing alright. Work is going well. You?" he replied.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/ce/a9/C0T6u7bJ_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 22:06:45 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]He returns a grin, hands sweeping to the mess on his desk.
[break][break]
"Shoulda known a promotion would mean more paperwork."
[break][break]
He sits alongside the Challenger, doing his best to organize the mess into something he could sift through.
[break][break]
"I"ll be honest with you Mint — I'm not a fan of these. As a Pokemon Trainer I've found that I can understand a person well through battling them. This isn't all inclusive, but instead just my gut feeling. That can be wrong too though, I suppose." He laughs, but his mind flashes through a myriad of faces.
[break][break]
"With that said, I do believe becoming Champion Ranked is a huge responsibility, and not one should take lightly."
[break][break]
He pulls out a piece of paper, studying it for a moment. Silence fills the void, but for Greyson at least, it's not uncomfortable.
[break][break]
"I've been reviewing your other interviews." He keeps his opinions of these to himself this time, but they linger beneath the surface like boiling and bubbling magma pools. "This is your.. Oh wow, your third." His lips mull that number over and he turns up to regard the shorter man.
[break][break]
"Let's start off simple. There are no wrong answers, so I encourage you to speak openly. Why do you wish to be a Champion Ranked trainer?"

[break]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 22:31:40 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"You don't get an EA?" he asked. "I thought this place would be chock full of interns." He gets comfortable and shrugs. "I think it's an interesting change. Though, I feel like I have less to say compared to those Paldean kids that spend the entire year traveling to prepare just for this." It felt like he was trying to catch up with teenagers, really. [break][break]

He lets Greyson take his time, eyes returning to the sleeping green bird. He thinks about petting it, but of course, doesn't ask. Mostly because he'd feel bad for disturbing the Swellow. "Is it? We had a small break so it might read incorrectly on the transcript." He shrugged. [break][break]

The interview begins in earnest and he sits up a little straighter, switching gears and focusing on Greyson, not as his friend. But as the E4 he might face one day. "I want to challenge the Elite Four because I want to prove I can to myself. And I think, pursuing the challenge has given a lot of inspiration and encouragement to the people that watch me battle." he said. [break][break]

"I started out terrible, with my team carrying the matches for me, and it got me pretty hurt during the Groudon encounter. I kept challenging because I thought it would be fun. Then, I took it more seriously once I realized there were a lot of people who found my journey inspirational. I'm a daily life vlogger so I'd occasionally post my wins. I've been tagged in a few wins on Instagram and it's cool to see. But really, if I can inspire people to try, I think that's worthy enough cause. Additionally, I kind of like it now. I feel more prepared to protect myself in Hoenn."

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 22:38:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Hm. Very well."
[break][break]
He jots some information down in pen. After a moment he stops, looking at with a level gaze.
[break][break]
"You understand that by challenging members of the Elite Four, and potentially being ranked a Champion Trainer, that you are putting a target on your back?"
[break][break]
Strength bred competition; resistance, death.
[break][break]
"Those who are given that rank are done so not only because they're talented battlers, but because they need to be Ambassadors for the League. Your voice will have more weight; more influence. People will look to you not only as a great trainer, but as someone who can lead them through any scenario."
[break][break]
He breathes in, then out.
[break][break]
"Do you think you could be that person?"
[break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 22:53:32 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"I think I have an inkling." he said with a small nod. "Not to overestimate my success, but I've exposed myself to Hoenn's public opinion for a bit now." he said wit ha small laugh. Whether it was dealing with the press after DESOLATE LAND, or the spike in weirdos after his SPLASHFEST interviews, he was treading the same path as Michaelis had once. In the public eye, in people's conversations. At least this time he had more control of how he went on about it. "My target is small, but it's still there." [break][break]

Greyson grows more serious by the second. And Mint is surprised this was a surprise. Though, Hoenn was strange. He imagined the worse the situation got, the more of a need there's be for civilians to pick up where the E4 leaves off when they're pulled for major catastrophes. Fuck. Had he walked into a recruitment office on accident? [break][break]

"While I'm not exactly the soldier type, I think I can help people stay afloat. I think I've been in enough of these cataclysms, that I know I can make good decisions under pressure and protect those I care about. Gods' know Lillycove gets hit with something worthy of evacuation every few months."

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 23:56:13 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"The League won't sponsor cowards, people who shirk their duty, or those that seek to this title simply to their own benefit."
[break][break]
His voice is steady, serious.
[break][break]
"By continuing down this path to challenging the Elite Four, you are telling us — and Hoenn — that they can rely on you. I hope you don't disappoint."
[break][break]
He lets that line of questioning die to move onto another.
[break][break]
"What are your thoughts on Team Rocket?"

[break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 0:29:54 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"If I make champion, if the League has duty for me to assist with, I will. I live here too." Mint countered, steadfast in his commitment. Again, he wondered how dire the situation really was now in Hoenn that their gym challenge had been rekitted to something like this. Calling upon their civilians who rank? He doesn't have a clue how they worked this out beforehand. But it sets the tone for the mountain that's set to come next. [break][break]

Team Rocket. [break][break]

Of course. "You mean the terrorists that took over Sootopolis under the cover of DESOLATE LAND's dual crisis?" he allowed himself to be a little sarcastic. "They almost got us all killed during the Meteor drop." he said with a small shrug. "'I don't like them' is an understatement."

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 1:31:21 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson jots down a few more items, print barely legible in his haste.

[break][break]
"I've recorded your answers for future reference, and should the League ever decide you don't meet the standards, they will strip you of your title and merits."
[break][break]
He smiles though, standing once more. Still, the Swellow sleeps.
[break][break]
"I like to keep things informal. So, you've passed the examination." He lets the words settle in. "If you encounter any issues, please let me know, and of course, I'll be looking forward to our battle."

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 1:51:26 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Understood, hopefully that never comes to pass." he smiles and gives Greyson a small nod. When the E4 member stood, so did Mint to mirror him. Though, he tries not to just out of his chair, lest the poor bird wakes up from his nap. [break][break]

"Sure." he offered his hand for a handshake before he left. The revelation he's passed makes him grin once again, excitement evident. "Hehe, looking forward to seeing the REAL office." Mint said. "Give your bird a treat for me. They're a cutie." he added before letting go, giving Greyson another nod, and walking out.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
take 2 [E4 interview]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 0:30:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]E4 INTERVIEW PASSED!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: