Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 21:36:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Isaac had gone and nearly gotten himself killed, and there was nothing Watson could have done.[break][break]

He wasn't the only one to accost Isaac as soon as he'd gotten settled into a proper hospital bed. Knuckles, Luck & Pluck, Akane, Neo, Duster . . . pretty much every one of his most loving and dedicated Pokemon was giving him the business. He couldn't know what they were saying. He never could. But from his answer, Watson knew he could tell what they were thinking.[break][break]

"You would've been killed."[break][break]

Watson's fear of being counted out had long been put to rest. Isaac made sure of that when he was the first and only choice for facing off against Shaymin. It wasn't because he was weak that he had been left out of Isaac's most dangerous adventures. It was because he was loved.[break][break]

Yet it was because Isaac was loved in turn that Watson was tired of being held back. It wasn't that he feared Isaac thought he wasn't enough. It was that he knew, compared to the odds Isaac faced, nothing was enough. Even with a love one hundred strong and new, fantastical powers, he was fighting an uphill battle.[break][break]

Most of Team Isaac was content to rest. Watson wasn't most of Team Isaac. Watson was chomping at the bit to prove himself, and if he wasn't enough for the job, then he had to make himself enough. Isaac was in no condition to change yet, but there was no chance in hell Watson would let that stop him. Under the shadow of darkness, he made his way to the door.[break][break]

Right before he could leave, a blue hand pressed down on his shoulder.[break][break]

Toto. His nemesis. Watson glowered over his shoulder, in no mood for his fellow water starter to start throwing his weight around. He wheeled around to face him, their eye contact unbreaking. Silence filled the void between them, quiet even by the standards of these nighttime halls.[break][break]

Watson puffed his chest out, doing his best to look as big and bad as Toto did. Much to his surprise, the Blastoise paid it no mind. Instead, folding his arms, he nodded in the direction of Isaac's room. It was as if Toto wanted to know why he was making a run for it while their trainer slept inside.[break][break]

In response, Watson began a Dragon Dance. The power of his ancestors stirred within him, plumes of azure power following each of his movements. Were it not for their trainer's slumber, he would have punctuated his point with a primal roar. Instead, he let the promise of power speak for itself. He had plenty, but he needed more.[break][break]

Toto glowered at the little show of force. His cannons unfolded from his back, a Mega Stone tied to each. That was power. That was prestige. That, too . . . was not enough. What could little Watson do that he couldn't? What were any of them supposed to do? And how could leaving their trainer behind fix anything, when this was where he needed them most?[break][break]

Watson was being a fool. Toto was lording his superiority over him. Tension sparked as the two glared each other down.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 23:49:41 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
all things beautiful will one day shine

[attr=class,bulk]
It isn't the growl of pokemon or loud rumbles that beckons this wandering spirit but rather, the quiet murmurs of a heart. It flutters like a Butterfree in a bountiful field of flowers, yet stumbles about like a Tauros in a china shop, howling like some kind of wounded animal yet purring like a domesticated Skitty.[break][break]

So they tug the door open with a wide, cheeky grin, bright eyes settling upon the battle of blues as they cock their head. And they'll pull a Wooper-patterned contained out of thin air, cracking it open and pulling a singular popcorn out.[break][break]

Then they crunch down on it. Obnoxiously loud.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

"Brri!" - Mesprit, 2023

[attr=class,punkihopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.punkihope .accentbg]background: #ff5c74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accentborder, .punkihope .bulk i]border-color: #ff5c74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accenttext, .punkihope .bulk b, .punkihope .bottom-text span a]color: #ff5c74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #474747; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/nkKYrRJ.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1, .punkihope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1 div, .punkihope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 0:55:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The crunch left Toto jumping out of his skin. Watson pointed and laughed, only to have the Blastoise wheel on him angrily. Mesprit would be treated to a front row seat as two powerful, storied Pokemon acted like a bunch of bratty children. It was a wonder they didn't start slap fighting each other.[break][break]

For a moment, it seemed like they would. However, before Toto could start throttling Watson Homer Simpson style, the two did a double take. It wasn't just anyone watching them. It was that weird, powerful fairy that was always following their trainer's sis around. Realizing that she could go snitching, the two began whistling innocently, hands conspicuously at their sides.[break][break]

Toto was content to let the issue drop there, but Watson perked up as a flash of inspiration hit him.[break][break]

He practically threw himself at Mesprit's feet, begging and pleading for her to help him in a series of barking rasps. He took a few steps back to explain what he wanted in the only way he knew how; charades. He pointed to himself. He pointed to Mesprit. He pointed to the corner of the room. Then, making wooshing sounds with his mouth, he waved his claws all over the place in vaguely psychic gestures. After doing so, he ran towards the spot he pointed towards, making one last woosh noise to indicate a landing.[break][break]

It seemed, one way or another, he wanted Mesprit to take him somewhere.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 1:20:06 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
Damn, they shouldn't have revealed themselves. Maybe then, they would have gotten a real show. Picking out yet another piece of popcorn, Mesprit continues to crunch down and watch the two attempt to dismiss any signs of trouble brewing.[break][break]

At least, until the Totodile practically throws himself before them, earning themselves a raise of the brow (their expression barely changes in actuality, but their amusement is most likely felt in prickles then waves).[break][break]

Take them somewhere? 'Where to?' is the next question asked. Though they don't quite speak the same language, Mesprit prods his mind and begins looking for a semblance of an answer. When they do find something, they'll simply smile and take ahold of Watson's hand.[break][break]

And in a scatter of pink, they're gone.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

"Brri!" - Mesprit, 2023

template by punki

[newclass=.punkihope .accentborder, .punkihope .bulk i]border-color: #ff5c74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accenttext, .punkihope .bulk b, .punkihope .bottom-text span a]color: #ff5c74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #474747; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/nkKYrRJ.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1, .punkihope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1 div, .punkihope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 2:08:21 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Much to Toto's shock, the Mesprit followed along with Watson's silly game of charades. Not only did they understand what was going on, but they also floated over to Isaac with a spark of intrigue in their eyes. What was going on here? Were they about to do something stupid and reckless, like Watson always did?[break][break]

Just before Mesprit's powers kicked in, Toto flung himself toward the group.[break][break]

When the trio came to, it was as strangers in a strange land. The temperature was warm, even by Hoenn's very temperate standards. Red, craggy cliffs rose to surround the city on all sides. Far in the distance, a familiar volcano loomed overhead; Hoenn's own Mt. Chimney, smoke drifting from its top to meet a cloudy sky.[break][break]

To Toto, it was new. To Mesprit, it was nothing important. To Watson, it was his old home. His footsteps, normally so scrabbly and carefree, were heavy with purpose as he strode into Lavaridge.[break][break]

Lavaridge had precious few attractions, yet Watson paid none of them mind. The hot springs, the herb shop, even the building where a potential Lavaridge gym leader could host challenges . . . he walked past all of these with a sense of brusque determination. Were Mesprit (or Toto, who was doing his best to try and be stealthy) to try and get his attention, he wouldn't even acknowledge them.[break][break]

When he finally came to a stop, it was in front of a quiet, ordinary house.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 2:45:02 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
To Mesprit, it is the heart that shapes what you make of the environment. The buildings that greet them are nothing without the people, just like how this place holds no meaning save for the one that Watson gives it. So they follow without interruptions, watching the Totodile's every step leading them all the way to a rather unsuspecting house.[break][break]

And they'll simply float behind him, still munching on popcorn as they fade from view. The last thing they need is for other humans to notice them and get distracted from the rather determined Watson before them.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

"Brri!" - Mesprit, 2023

template by punki

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 4:35:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The house was even more quiet than it had been the last time Watson had come here. Not a single light was on. Dust lined the doorframe and windowsills. The mailbox overflowed with letters, and at least four newspapers had gathered on the front steps. It was clear that nothing of value remained to be found here.[break][break]

Watson approached nonetheless. He bounded up the steps with focused eyes and a fire in his heart. A single rasp, loud enough to send nesting Hoothoot flying out of their burrows, echoed through the quiet town.[break][break]

Still nothing. Huffing in frustration, Watson decided to try and do things the human way. He rapped against the door with his claws, time and time again. Despite this, he never stopped trying, even as his knocks started to leave little scratches in the weary doorframe.[break][break]

By now, Toto had grown tired of trying to hide behind a lamppost. He trundled up the stairs, lifting Watson right by the scruff of his neck. The Totodile flailed and rasped in a furor, but Toto shushed him with a single finger. Then, after rolling out a kink in his neck, he set Watson aside and gripped the edges of the door with both hands.[break][break]

Watson's jaw dropped as Toto ripped the door right off of his hinges. Piece of cake![break][break]

The Blastoise tossed the door aside, dusting his hands off. See? Was that really such a big deal? Watson folded his arms and huffed. He totally could've done that too. He just didn't want to be a nuisance. As Toto was busy boasting and bragging, and Watson was busy grumbling to himself, they both lost track of something rather important.[break][break]

A pair of glowing white pinpricks poking out through the darkness of their freshly-opened entrance.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 5:45:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
An abandoned house still tells many tales with what's been left behind. Though Mesprit avoids touching anything that might leave a trace, they still do peek in through whatever windows are around. What is it about this place that makes Watson so intent on getting in? A former inhabitant? Buried treasure?[break][break]

Blinking at the door being tossed away, the pixie soon notices what the others do not. And they'll watch on rather intently, sinking themselves into the atmosphere as they wait for a sign.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

"Brri!" - Mesprit, 2023

template by punki

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 16:45:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The thing about dealing with Nero was that there were no signs. That was how he liked it.[break][break]

One minute, there was silence. The next, a massive Krookodile came charging through the space that was formerly a door. An average Blastoise was a head taller than an average Krookodile. As the Krookodile damn near took Toto's head off with a Darkest Lariat, it was clear he towered above him instead.[break][break]

The Blastoise hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. Shock gave way to anger. Anger gave way to aggression. Toto's cannons pushed out from his back, swiveling to train themselves on the Krookodile. It was time to see how this dirt-napping dirtbag enjoyed a double dose of his Water Pulse-![break][break]

Alas, he never had the chance. The Krookodile's claws struck as fast as lightning. Each Aerial Ace battered the cannons back into their holes, taking away the Blastoise's greatest weapons. Then, before he could stand, the Krookodile stomped Toto's chest with the force of an Earthquake.[break][break]

Content, the Krookodile turned around. He hefted his tail high, the black bands shining in the moonlight. He didn't even need to see his foe to know that this was over. His Iron Tail fell like a headsman's axe, ready to end this little farce before it could truly begin.[break][break]

He never felt that satisfying crack of metal on bone. Instead, he felt his tail skid to an early stop.[break][break]

Watson had intervened at the last minute, hopping onto Toto's chest to catch the Iron Tail before it could fall. He winced from a pain hard enough to bring him to one knee, but he refused to kneel. Instead, glowering up at the Krookodile, he rasped out a challenge - no, a demand.[break][break]

Mesprit would feel that this was far from the first time they had met. Watson and this Krookodile, this Nero, were bound through tooth and claw. The bitterness of defeat hung over the Totodile like a funeral shawl. Toto, a stranger to all this, would be a whirlwind of barely contained shock. It was as if he was seeing Watson in a brand new light.[break][break]

Nero? He would simply radiate disdain as he picked Watson up by the tail. His shaded pupils squinted as he tried to figure out just what the Totodile was playing at here.[break][break]

Perhaps, before he even readied a move, Mesprit could feel him preparing to strike.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 21:33:35 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
Oh... things really are taking quite a turn, aren't they? With the duo being dropped one after another, Mesprit finds themselves having to zip around just to stay out of range.[break][break]

What should they do in a situation like this? This bond that ties these two feels almost akin to an curling riptide, one that might sweep the pixie away if they so much as attempt to get involved.[break][break]

Then again, when have they ever been the kind to overthink things? If Nero actually makes good on his attempt to hit Watson, they'll raise an arm, covering the Totodile in a faint veil of pink only to lessen the impact. After all, if the little one truly is that determined, who are they to deny him a chance to stoke the flames in his heart?

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

"Brri!" - Mesprit, 2023

template by punki

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 2:40:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Either not noticing or not caring about the veil, Nero smashed a palm right into Watson's face.[break][break]

Watson didn't break. Even as the palm crashed right into his cheekbone, and claws framed the ridges of his brow, Watson refused to look away. If anything, he smooshed his cheek further into the strike. His defiant eyes locked onto Nero's, two pinprick dots behind black membranes as dark as the void.[break][break]

Was that a note of pride coming from the larger croc?[break][break]

If it was, Nero wasn't going to show it. Instead, he tossed Watson aside as casually as a sack of old laundry. Then, he sat, patting the ground next to him. Compared to the look of cruel triumph he wore while stomping a mudhole in Toto's chest, the Krookodile looked almost serene. His hungering jaws had eased shut, and his pointed eye membranes weren't further exaggerated by a furrowed brow.[break][break]

What else was there for Watson to do but to take the offered seat?[break][break]

Toto watched in stunned silence as the two crocs faced each other, speaking in rasps, grunts, and grumbles. That absolute monster took him out in a brutal series of blows, and yet little Watson stared him down like it was nothing? All to stop him from getting hurt? Maybe he'd been misjudging him all this time . . .[break][break]

He may have seemed like a goof, but there was nothing goofy in the way he conducted himself with Nero. He didn't need to be an empath like Mes to tell that. Nevertheless, he looked around in hopes of finding Mesprit, trying to see if they could tell what the heck was going on better than he could.[break][break]

Their answers would be questioned soon. Nero burst out in a downright undignified fit of laughter. He rocked back and forth, jaws opened as wide as a vice and tears stinging at his eye membranes. At times, that great tail of his slammed into the patio, the wood creaking to the point where it threatened to break.[break][break]

Watson remained unmoved. Nero stopped laughing. Something else lit up in his eyes now; intrigue, a feeling foreign to Nero for what felt like an eternity. With no further words, he popped up to his feet, motioning for Watson to follow him into the backyard. Watson toddled after him in turn, motioning for Toto to follow. Baffled and awestruck, the Blastoise obliged.[break][break]

What sat before them, faintly visible in the moonlight, was a simple arena etched into the dirt.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 4:11:56 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
There is a moment in time where Mesprit wonders if other crocs in the wild also get into such fights with one another. Without the traits picked up from their trainers, it would probably be a lot more vicious and over much less.[break][break]

When Toto looks around for them, it isn't until Nero beckons Watson into the backyard arena that they reappear. And they'll find a rather comfortable spot to sit themselves down, patting the ground beside them, almost mockingly so as they begin to rummage in their little Wooper snack box once more.[break][break]

Their hand will hold out a rather small piece of popcorn, impatiently waving it about as they chirp right at Toto.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

"Brri!" - Mesprit, 2023

template by punki

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 3:25:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Toto damn near jumped out of his shell as Mesprit appeared out of thin air. Turns out tagging along with a wandering legend and Watson was a recipe for the most bizarre day of his life. Who knew?[break][break]

He stared in shock, as if wondering if the popcorn would turn into a gun the second he took it. At their impatient wave, he figured there was no harm in taking it. He shrugged, then hesitantly popped it into his mouth. It was mildly stale, but he dared not say anything.[break][break]

They weren't the only ones preparing. Nero wandered around the arena, letting out the occasional thoughtful rasp. At times he grumbled in frustration, swiping away lines etched in the dirt and redrawing them with his own claws. Watson tried to help, but Nero simply snapped at him in response. This wasn't his place.[break][break]

Finally, he had finished. To commemorate the occasion, Nero walked over to a nearby tiki torch. He struck his Iron Tail against it as if it were a match, setting it ablaze. With this torch, he lit several other torches scattered around the area, slowly but surely illuminating the battlefield. There was an intimacy and tension to the lighting that the full moon above couldn't hope to replicate.[break][break]

Nero stood at one side of the battlefield, arms folded. Watson toddled to the other side, hoping back and forth as he tried to pump himself up. Toto found himself reaching for more popcorn, no longer caring how stale it was. Everyone was at the edge of their seats.[break][break]

And then, with a piercing war cry, Watson charged.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 13:31:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
What is a proper arena without a bit of flair? Mesprit squeals at the bright show of flames and welcomes the two that take the stage with a fervent round of applause. And they'll even slap a tail against Toto's shell, if only to get him to clap too.[break][break]

The way he continues to eat their stash of popcorn after the first one will go unchecked for now.[break][break]

What's going to happen? If they'd been sitting on actual seats, Mesprit may very well have fallen off in their whole bouts of squirms and jitters. Who will come out on top?[break][break]

Join Mesprit and their co-host, Toto as they bear witness to the most highly anticipated match of the day.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

"Brri!" - Mesprit, 2023

template by punki

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Watson Alone [M]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 17:33:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Curb-stomped by a Krookodile. Saved by Watson of all people. Now he was getting whipped into applauding by some all-powerful brat. What the hell did Toto get himself into today? Nevertheless, with a roll of his eyes, he cheered and clapped along. He'd begrudgingly accepted his role as the straight man to tonight's fight crazed insanity.[break][break]

Nero didn't even react to Watson's charge. He didn't even seem to put his guard up. He just stood there, arms folded and brow raised. The only change was the vicious grin on his face. Was it a trick of the flickering flame? Or was it getting sharper and more severe by the second?[break][break]

Watson leaped up, prepared to smash his counterpart upside the head with his Aqua Tail, only to feel all wind rush out from his guts. He felt the attack before he'd even seen it; a Darkest Lariat right to his gut. With such severe force, he should have been sent flying, but the Krookodile hooked his arm to leave Watson right where he wanted him.[break][break]

The Krookodile barked out a laugh, but there was no joy to the sound. Instead, there was only Outrage. Claw strikes, knee bashes, and even headbutts rained down on the Totodile, each attack a reminder that he never should have come here. Each blow was faster and more furious than the last, smashing through whatever guard Watson could hope to put up. Soon, Nero was little more than a red and black blur of violence. The final expression of his outrage was a furious bite, Watson's eyes bulging in pain after each furious thrash.[break][break]

Once he'd had his fill, Nero contemptuously tossed Watson away. Arms folded, he walked away, ready to start snuffing out those tiki torches. A brief glance over his shoulder was a confirmation of the vibe he was radiating; disappointment, the other croc not even able to scratch him after talking such a big game.[break][break]

As he stalked off, Watson's claws clenched. Bit by bit, the Totodile started to stir.

"."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here