Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 20:36:09 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"ready to go?" mika adjusts her bag, her long navy-blue hair tied up into a tight braid behind her. the raging dust storms and swirling sands present their own challenge, so a pair of goggles to protect the eyes is necessary. she fastens a blue-tinted pair of goggles around her head, but has extra pairs should noel need them. [break][break]

it's one thing to go adventuring into the desert in search of strong pokemon, but a totally other thing to travel with a friend. mika likes to consider this another training session, something that will strengthen her and her teammates, building bonds that will support their future battles with other trainers. [break][break]

and also, it's a chance to spend some time with a budding friend. noel had agreed to go with her, but mika just hopes she won't lead him or the rest of their pokemon straight into disaster. [break][break]

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

duo wilds! ground / grass / rock [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#596DB3;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
703 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 15:39:33 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The desert felt like a blast of constant sand being streamed directly at Noel's body, the mix of heat and itchiness it caused irked him to no end. It was his first time in such an inhospitable landscape, his movements were sluggish and he constantly was drinking water from his canteen. He looked to Mika with a tired look while panting ever so slightly. [break][break]

"I'm ready as I'll ever be, I had heard things in the desert were much more different than what I'm used to but I didn't expect this. Mika do you have an extra pair of goggles? I didn't think I would need one..."[break][break]

He was glad Mika had chosen to invite him on this expedition, while they hadn't known each other for long, he began to rely on her and considered her a good friend. If he had chosen to go alone through this desert he would probably wind up completely lost or worse. He wondered what sort of Pokemon they would find in this barren land.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 23:02:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TREVENANT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HARVEST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INGRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BRANCH POKE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISABLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NACLSTACK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SALT CURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK POLISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 6:20:52 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"yes, i have extras." mika pulls out another pair of desert goggles from her bag, red-tinted lenses contrasting against the blue ones she has on. she hands them to noel, a flicker of concern passing through her features. "let's take it step-by-step, then. let me know if you need more water or anything else, i've packed quite a bit of supplies for today's endeavor." as a ranger who's had a bit more experience than most, mika forgets that not everyone shares her penchant for over-packing, as well as her eagerness to get lost in nature. [break][break]

as a friend, mika will do everything in her power to help him, too. she has a water-type and flying-type pokemon in case of emergencies or if they need to evacuate, along with a few rugged pokemon that can handle desert conditions well. [break][break]

as they are about to go further towards the sands, mika notices a couple of wild pokemon nearby. some grass-type pokemon moving in the grass near the desert's entrance, but also a roaming rock-type pokemon. perfect, mika thinks as she spots a naclstack. you're exactly what i've been looking for. she brings out her prinplup, commanding it to use bubble beam on the unsuspecting rock salt pokemon. while it brings the naclstack to its knees, it doesn't knock it out completely (likely due to its sturdy ability), which is precisely what mika had been hoping for. [break][break]

she throws a poke ball in the naclstack's direction, and smiles slightly when she sees that it's been successfully caught. "prinplup, please bring that back to me." while her water-type pokemon is retrieving the new poke ball, she pulls out two large bandanas from her pack as well, handing one to noel. "in case you want to cover your mouth or face from the sand," she offers as an explanation. "when you're ready, we'll head even deeper within the desert." [break][break]

NOTES

catching naclstack!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
703 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 15:56:30 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"Oh don't worry about me, I'll manage somehow. Plus I wouldn't want to be a bother to you."[break][break]

Taking the goggles from Mika's hands and placing them over his eyes, he adjusts his visor to get a better view of the landscape before them. Things were now much clearer and he could see much more than he initially thought there could be found out in the desert. One thing that he noticed was the amount of Pokemon nearby. He saw the aftermath of Mika's capture and not wanting to be one-upped, he looks for something to catch on his own.[break][break]

Looking around, he sees something that catches his interest. A lone Trevenant, tall and very angry, roaming around the grass looking for its next victim. Sending out his Braixen out right in front of it, he shouts out a command to commence the fight. Pointing its wand at the fearsome tree, it lets loose a wave of fire with Flamethrower. The Trevenant was no match, succumbing to the fire easily and fainting on the spot, yet the fox Pokemon didn't let up. With a light evil laugh it keeps its sadistic look on the Trevenant, unable to respond, while maintaining the stream of flame.[break][break]

"Braixen that's enough." Noel says as he tosses a ball to the burning tree, it entering inside now free from the fire fox's wrath. His Braixen, disappointed with the outcome, levitates the ball with a wave of its wand and places it in Noel's hands.[break][break]

"Thank you for the bandana Mika, and the concern. I really do appreciate it. I'm ready if you are to go even deeper within."[break][break]

Wrapping the newly acquired bandana around his mouth, he sets it eyes forward, eager to see what else laid before the two trainers.

[attr="class","notes"]Catching Trevenant!

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 2:27:50 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SKIPLOOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLEEP POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEECH SEED

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD QUAGSIRE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNAWARE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUDDY WATER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 19:16:27 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"it's no bother at all, but you're welcome." she smiles faintly at the realization that they're here today as friends and equals, and it really feels like such when noel quickly dispatches his braixen against the trevenant, downing and catching it in no time at all. i'll be sure not to disappoint, either, mika thinks to themself. [break][break]

but just like last time, noel's braixen proves to be a tricky little vixen. the enthusiasm-bordering-on-sadism it has for battle reminds the ranger of her own pokemon: both her talonflame and hydreigon, two creatures who would rather see their enemy brutally defeated before giving in (until forced to by their trainer, that is). when both the new catches are secure, mika nods at noel, and pulls her own bandana over her mouth. [break][break]

speaking loudly than normal to be heard over the scarf and the storm, both, mika says, "let's keep moving, then." and she motions for her prinplup to stand beside her, keeping apace in the midst of the howling desert sands. [break][break]

slowly but surely, the two trainers and their pokemon make their way from the edge of the desert into the deeper sands. it's not as bad as it initially seems — with the goggles and mouth coverings protecting them, the only thing the have to worry about is the sand stinging their exposed skin, or their balance slipping with uneven surfaces underfoot. [break][break]

"is that an oasis?" mika knows they're not nearly dehydrated enough to be seeing mirages, so that small outcropping of land and a pond must be real. a few pokemon are gathered around it: a cluster of skiploom and hoppip, as well as a lone quagsire swimming in the water. [break][break]

mika admires the skiploom flying overhead, her gaze trained to the sky. she doesn't go for the quagsire or the skiploom, instead opting to take in the sights and be awe-inspired by it. her prinplup does go to the pond, however, sitting on the edge of the oasis and dipping its feet in the water, letting the feeling of peace sink in. [break][break]

NOTES

skipping skiploom (hehe) and quagsire!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
703 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 17:13:30 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The oasis was a sight for sore eyes. Finally some rest after a long trek through the sandy sea that burned his feet with every step. Unsure of whether he was hallucinating or not, he turns his head to look at Mika, but much to his surprise, the look on her face reveals it all. Whether they arrived here by pure luck or because of Mika's guidance would never know. He was just happy to be here and to have a small break from this heat. [break][break]

Stepping forward to the water, he takes out his canteen to refill it back up to full. Removing his bandana for a quick second, he cups some water from the pond into his hand and takes a satisfying drink from it. This water felt like heaven compared to anything else he ever had before.[break][break]

But when he lifts his head up from his hands, a Quagsire, all alone stands before him with unblinking eyes. Noel, completely confused by this encounter, just stares back in an almost contest-like fashion. However the ditzy Pokemon doesn't let up its unending gaze, Noel wasn't sure if it was even awake. Completely fascinated by this creature, he lifts a Pokeball from his bag and gently taps it against the Quagsire's forehead, capturing it.[break][break]

After the weird experience he just had, he goes to stand beside Mika, admiring the Skiploom above just as she was. It really was a sight to behold. All his worries went away as he cherished the way the Pokemon drifted through the air with clear skies.[break][break]

"Wow that really is something... Makes me wish I could do the same."[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]Catching Quagsire!

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 23:37:33 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STEELIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AUTOTOMIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PROBOPASS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BLOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGNETIC FLUX

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
CAUGHT THE QUAGSIRE!
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 6:41:22 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

as mika moves closer to the oasis, filling up one of her already-empty canteens, she can't help but chuckle lightly at the sight of the wild quagsire. it really does remind her of some other similarly blob-like pokemon, including its own cousin the clodsire, as well as other distantly related species like lickitung or wobbufet. something charming in the way they seem so naive. [break][break]

she stands to her full height once more, taking in the sights around them. the desert can be unforgiving, but in some ways, it's as beautiful as other climes, like meadows or forests. so much life teeming around them. so much hope. [break][break]

"i know exactly what you mean." she's always envied flying-type pokemon for their wings, for their ability to fly. for their chance to escape any part of their lives whenever they want, soaring high in the skies where no one else can touch them. where no one else can hurt them. [break][break]

out of reach. "wait, do you feel that? i thought it was a tremor." the ranger turns their attention to the ground, and the subtle way that the grains of sand are shifting — moreso than usual. she turns her head in the direction of the tremors, and sees an incredible sight. [break][break]

a steelix, burrowing through the sand. the top part of its body is still visible, large chunks of metal against the grainy sand. something like that could be incredibly useful for ranger missions and traveling through rough terrain. mika had to have it. "prinplup, surprise our new friend with your brine." at once, the penguin pokemon followed its trainer's command, removing itself from the water and running towards the steelix, instead. a blue orb of energy formed in front of its beak, and from its center violent rushes of brine water surged out, removing the layers of sand and exposing the steelix like a metallic spine rendered from flesh. [break][break]

the ground shakes with its roars, and mika knows it's weakened. she tells her prinplup to keep laying on the attacks, until eventually the steelix is on its last legs, and mika tosses a poke ball at it once and for all, capturing the steel-type beast. "there we are. shouldn't cause problems to anyone else for a while." she turns to noel, her blue-braid swinging in the desert breeze. "maybe that's a sign that we should keep going, after all." [break][break]

NOTES

catching steelix!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
703 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 16:48:49 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel loses his balance as the Steelix wades through the sand, swimming through as if it was a water-type Pokemon. He trips over a rock while attempting to stay on his feet but only ends up falling down forwards, luckily the sand was there to break his fall but now his clothes were a mess.[break][break]

When he stood back up after the tremors had finished, he looks to see the aftermath of the battle between Prinplup and Steelix. Mika had dealt with the problem so swiftly and in a calm manner. He could probably learn a thing or two from her, his fall was quite the embarrassment but he laughs to himself over the ordeal.[break][break]

He puts a hand onto Mika's shoulder and passes her by while giving her a reassuring nod. His eyes set forward to the sprawling desert sand. With one foot after the other, he begins the journey once more into the unknown. Hoping he could return the favor to Mika sometime soon.[break][break]

"Thanks Mika, I don't know what I'd do without you. Let's continue on and see what else is waiting out there for us."[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]Skipping!

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 1:30:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOSSIFLEUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] EFFECT SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEAFAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAPID SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AROMATHERAPY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET SCENT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MUDBRAY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRENGTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROTOTILLER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COUNTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK SMASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE STEELIX!

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 3:56:28 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

they meet gazes, and mika finds herself staring for a few seconds longer than she should. even without words, she understands noel's resolve, and vice versa. she simply nods and follows his pace, making sure that her prinplup stays as close to them as possible. wordlessly, she pushes through the sand, each step heavier than the last. she looks as far ahead into the distance as she can, and meters ahead, just beyond a few more sand dunes, is a gigantic rock outcropping, forming a sloped cliff that rises above the desert sands — creating an ideal place to stop and take a rest, and maybe admire the sky while they're at it. [break][break]

mika says, "let's head towards that giant rock. we can take another break once we get there." [break][break]

"pri!" her prinplup chirps beside her, and mika glances at it, noting the worried expression in its eyes. "what's wrong?"" and the prinplup makes a sharp noise, pointing its beak at the direction in front of them. at first, mika doesn't see anything, which worries her. is it another steelix? or some other large, underground pokemon that's about to make itself known through a violent upheaval? [break][break]

but then, she sees what it is that's made her prinplup on high alert. several pokemon in the distance, scattered in the sands before them. a couple of gossifleurs, hopping and floating in the air like the skiploom herd from before, their petals dancing with the sandy winds. but further from them is a lone mudbray, trudging through the sands with a slow but powerful determination. [break][break]

"ground types are helpful in a pinch," mika rationalizes aloud to herself. it's all the convincing she needs before she sends prinplup after it, engaging in a short-lived battle that ends with mika capturing a weakened mudbray in one of their spare poke balls. they sweep up the poke ball before the sand swallows it, and nods at noel. "let's make another push towards the cliff. once we climb up, we'll get a good view of the rest of the desert, and a break from all the sand, besides." [break][break]

NOTES

catching mudbray!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
703 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 17:17:33 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

He watches as Mika captures the lone Mudbray, not wanting to be one-upped he takes out his Glaceon that shakes itself from its long nap it had taken inside its Pokeball. [break][break]

"All right Glaceon, take out one of those Gossifleurs and bring it back to me when I capture it."[break][break]

The small fox like Pokemon just yawns and takes a little while to show any sort of response. Once fully awoken, it rushes forward with blinding speed, making its way under the herd of floating Gossifleurs, all of them minding their own business. But with a spring upwards, Noel's Glaceon reaches one not too far off the ground, sinking its teeth into the grassy body with an Ice Fang. The other Gossifleurs start to panic and run away in fear while the unlucky one simply drops down to the floor, completely frozen from the attack. Noel hurls a Pokeball at the completely stiff Pokemon and captures it. His Glaceon picking up the ball in its mouth and dropping it in his hands after a short trek. It lets out a soft yawn as it curls up on the floor, ready to take another nap.[break][break]

"All right good job Glaceon, you deserve a little rest."[break][break]

He then returns his Pokemon and stuffs the newly acquired Pokemon in his bag, turning to Mika and acknowledging her plan.[break][break]

"All right Mika lets head on over. It's looking like the sun will set soon and I'm sure we won't want to be here once it does, plus I'm sure the view will be great."[break][break]

Pretty soon the pair were face to face with the previously mentioned cliff. While it seemed daunting at first, their journey had culminated to this point. It would be trivial compared to all the other hardships the two trainers had faced up until this point. He grabs hold of a crack in the wall and starts his way up, climbing against the rocky surface.

[attr="class","notes"]Catching Gossifleur!

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
you are my oasis [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 23:38:57 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NINCADA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RUN AWAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOLURK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NO GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FOCUS PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"] PHANTOM FORCE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!