Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
iron combat
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 5:39:35 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"a battle?"[break][break]

noah's hariyama returns to him, clapping its hands of dust. from his pocket, the gym leader pulls a coba berry. the pokemon palms the blue berry into its mouth. however, the hariyama's crunching slows. a bitter flavour is accompanied by an uneasy realization as it settles on the palette.[break][break]

"sorry bud. i could never replace you. know that, okay?"[break][break]

the hariyama huffs before it is recalled. within the light of its return, another bolt lunges outward to unveil noah's iron hands. the robotic fighter, forged of metal plate and quark, suspends its disembodied hands in the air like scales.[break][break]

"just a simple one on one?" noah says, eyes scrutinizing the lithe grace of the iron valiant's form.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/9sVMxMx/100.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
iron combat
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 2:48:49 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Replacement. Finn's lips tightened. Was that what these Paradox Pokemon were trying to do? A future where all organic life has died out, and the only spark of sentience comes from the buzzing of a cyborg's brain. Finn noticed the resentment in Noah's Hariyama as Iron Hands took a cold, measured step forward.

Maybe the robot takeover was inevitable. Or maybe they could find a way to live together.

Finn turned his attention to his Iron Valiant. They met on a night when Finn's demons crept up on him, and Finn had to conquer them to end this threat to him and his school. Fittingly, Finn named him Jiangjun - a classical name for a mighty general, conquering the battle outside and inside.

"Alright, buddy. Let's see what you're made of."

Jiangjun brushed off Finn's apprehension with a cool, sleek step forward. His arms rotated inwards, its gears priming for combat. And before Finn could even think of what to do, Jiangjun moved first - sparks showered off Jiangjun's armour, charging the ground with an odd power. Jiangjun used Electric Terrain! His feet sizzled where they touched the ground, as if drawing power up into his engine.

Jiangjun's Attack increased!

Stunned, Finn met Noah's gaze.

"Does yours do this too?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
iron combat
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 3:01:23 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the electric current spreads to the IRON HANDS too. like brine gracing seemingly slumbering tidepools, the paradox pokemon stirs to startling life. even more so than before, if one could call it "living".[break][break]

its metal plated hands galvanize and rapidly orbit around its stocky body.[break][break]

"y-yeah!" noah says. his voice is tickled by surprise, the ELECTRIC TERRAIN snapping at his ankles. "guess it does."[break][break]

his IRON HANDS marches forth in midst the canary current.[break][break]

"alright finn—mind if i call you finn?—show me what you got!" the gym leader shouts. "FORCE PALM!"[break][break]

the hariyama-clone lunges forth with a shock wave, its hands firing toward the IRON VALIANT with stunning speed.

[break][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/9sVMxMx/100.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
iron combat
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 8:05:31 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Noah's Iron Hands moved much faster than a Hariyama would, so blistering quick that Finn almost recoiled instinctively. But if the mecha Hariyama was fast, Jiangjun was almost faster - the cyborg fairy stepped to the side so cleanly, elegantly - a cold algorithm that calculated, like scissors over paper, the optimum distance to avoid compromise.

But what happens when you get two killing programs pitted against each other? Iron Hands managed to land a blow after all, leaving a blemish on Jiangjun's shoulder. From its new position, Jiangjun's red gaze zoomed in on Iron Hands. Electricity crackled around his blades.

As much as Finn was wary of the Paradox Pokemon's merciless nature, he had to admit it... when paired up with a partner so finely tuned for battle, he did feel the cogs of battle grind inside his gut.

"Keep your distance!"

Finn could feel that same electric energy spinning inside him.

Jiangjun took his advice. It kept a careful distance from Iron Hands, but that didn't limit its options. The engine in his chest glowed an explosive pink and unleashed a radiant blast - Jiangjun used Dazzling Gleam!

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
iron combat
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 5:38:00 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the DAZZLING GLEAM scatters across the island battlefield like a constellation. it scars the air with its light—and the IRON HANDS stumbles back.[break][break]

beeping in duo-toned notes, the hariyama variant forces its massive palms together. the glowing liquid swirls in its tank like bioluminscent blood shines.[break][break]

"get in close! even if it hurts." noah shouts. "CLOSE COMBAT!"[break][break]

the IRON HANDS charges in as its hands soar toward the IRON VALIANT from separate angles.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
iron combat
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 8:28:02 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Once these future paradox Pokemon got started, they really left mercy behind. Spited by that super-effective attack, Iron Hands flung itself at Jiangjun with astonishing speed. The metal fairy blipped in what sounded like alarm, and a blitz of steel-laced blows smothered it. If Jiangjun were made of blood and bone, it wouldn't have stood a chance, but being inorganic had its benefits too. Somehow, it crawled out of that melee explosion dented but alive.

Now, it was Jiangjun's turn to get angry. Electricity danced across its blades - blades that it detached and formed into a spear-like, double-bladed weapon.

Oh god. This was fearsome, but also really cool.

Finn was getting really into this.

"You're doing great! See if you can get back in -" - and the Iron Valiant improvised on that theme, like a maestro and his instruments of pain. Jiangjun danced around Iron Fist, looking for a blind spot, and then shot inwards, its blades glowing purple - Jiangjun used Psycho Cut!

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
iron combat
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 1:28:01 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
noah is unaccostumed to this new martial soundscape. metal clanging. galvanic buzzing. arpeggiated notes roboticized to the tune of a computer's imaginings of what is and what should be a battle. [break][break]

to the gym leader, the physicality of fists striking muscle. the acoustic drumming of body-to-body is missed.[break][break]

he worries paradox pokemon spell future disasters—but he dare not betray such feelings to the iron hands nor finnegan.[break][break]

"your pokemon takes after its owner!" noah says. "you swordsmen are insaaaane."[break][break]

his iron hands stumbles from the gash. residual purple energy smolders on the pokemon's chest plate. as it swings its detached hands around, a WHIRLWIND is conjured to hopefully lift the IRON VALIANT up into the air.

[break][break]

[break]
tl;dr: iron hands takes the psycho cut/tries to whirlwind the iron valiant airborne

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
iron combat
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 4:07:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: