Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Sow the Seed, Reap the Land [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 18:55:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He didn't actually expect Byran Delarosa to help them.

That was mean to think, but it was honest. True. Howard didn't trust a member of Rocket to do anything but look out for their own, selfish interests. Yet when Howard had asked for Bryan's help with his and 's Ultra Desert project, the Beast had lent his support. Not as Xerneas's chosen, but as Bryan Delarosa.

That alone was enough.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuck...!" Howard groaned as he put down his trowel and looked up at the beating sun. He was sweating, and it was still way too fucking hot. Howard was going to melt if this kept up. Constant exposure to Regice had made him resistant to the cold, but the heat was as obnoxious as ever. "We barely started planting...! It's a desert, how are there fucking weeds?"

A question that gardeners had been asking since the world was young.

In the distance, Howard's Dugtrio and Excadrill plowed the fields. With constant shipments of new dirt, Oscar's plumbing system pumping water from the oasis into the ground, and the purging of radiation through Grassy and Misty Terrain, they were beginning to carve out a nice acre of land here.

"We're gonna need to refresh the soil soon so it doesn't get irradiated. Where's your Shaymin? Mine's sitting in my apartment."

Shaymin could draw in poison and expel it. It made the little bugger a huge asset when it came to farming. Without it, everything they grew here would be toxic and inedible.

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 15:43:35 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bryanpog3"]
[attr="class","bryanpog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-1"]
[attr="class","bryanpog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","bryanpog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-subtitle"]
I HOPE YOU KNOW WE HAD EVERYTHING. WHEN YOU BROKE ME AND LEFT THESE PIECES.

[attr="class","bryanpog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-post"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-icon"]

"Life usually finds a way. Pests are included" he explains as there were weeds for every type of biome, every type of environment. Plant life was extremely stubborn and delicate. He guessed they were similar in that regard, no matter how many times he was sprayed with pesticide he'd come right back. [break][break]

Xerneas walks forward, remaining silent at first as he regarded howard with a nod "One is pleased to meet the beloved of another pokemon, young slayte " he states simply as the regal pokemon looks around, activating it's FAIRY AURA to boost the strength of MISTY TERRAIN [break][break]

"I brought a bunch of my grass types with me to support anddd." he says as Bryan places two fingers into his mouth and whistles as suddenly a shiny ribombee and a regular ribombee come into view, leading the charge of a hoard of cutiefly to start pulling the weeds and spreading. Meanwhile shaymin crawled over to howard and sat on his feet, much like a cat and began to take a nap and Bryan tilted his head at howard, wondering what he'd do.

[attr="class","bryanpog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","bryanpog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.bryanpog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.bryanpog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.bryanpog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.bryanpog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.bryanpog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#705684;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.bryanpog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.bryanpog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.bryanpog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.bryanpog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.bryanpog3-tagged a:hover { color:#705684!important; }.bryanpog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.bryanpog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.bryanpog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.bryanpog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.bryanpog3-post i { color:#705684; }.bryanpog3-post b { color:#705684;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.bryanpog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.bryanpog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.bryanpog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#705684;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#705684!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:12:50 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Life finds a way." Howard agreed, wiping his brow as he picked another weed. "So why can't life find a way to fuck off?"

Unlike ■■■ ( ), Howard approached gardening with a mixture of bleating and whining. When Bryan asked for ■■■'s help, the Rocket Beast had come and lent his assistance with weeding. When Howard tended to the crops, there was a lot more noise, and a lot more complaining.

Yet there was a passion, there. A love for the craft as Howard complained about his aching back. There was emotion, a genuine care.

"I hate my liiiiiiiiiife..."

He was enjoying this. Yes. This was the right thing to do. Using his knowledge for good, to help people. As he leaned his head back to stretch and yawn, he found himself coming face-to-face with the x-shaped pupils of Xerneas.

"Um... Bryan?" Howard said sheepishly as he began to sweat buckets. He was in the audience of the purveyor of all life. "I want to bow, but..." His eye flicked to the Shaymin on his foot. Damn, it was so cuddly!

Xerneas or Shaymin. Xerneas or Shaymin? Xerneas or-

Shaymin.

Howard picked it up and cuddled it, risking the ferocious claws as he did so. He'd lose his other eye if it meant picking up the fluffy lad.

"What do you mean, 'beloved'?" Howard cocked his head at Xerneas, before bowing in reverence. "Sir, my lord, boss, chi-"

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 4:01:20 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"Xerneas will do just fine young howard. Time will reveal why I say you are a beloved one." [break][break]

Bryan frowns "Don't worry about it. He basically fuckin speaks in riddles." as xerneas eyes shoot open and turned to bryan, there was an obvious annoyance in Bryan's tone but it would be too undignified of xerneas to respond to the behavior. [break][break]

However he's made note of it. something was shifting in his own chosen. [break][break]

"So the problem is the soil? irridated? If shaymin were to purify it wouldn't it absorb it into it's own body? are they capable of handling such a thing?" he asks curiously

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.bryanpog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.bryanpog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.bryanpog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.bryanpog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.bryanpog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#705684;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.bryanpog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.bryanpog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.bryanpog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.bryanpog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.bryanpog3-tagged a:hover { color:#705684!important; }.bryanpog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.bryanpog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.bryanpog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.bryanpog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.bryanpog3-post i { color:#705684; }.bryanpog3-post b { color:#705684;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.bryanpog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.bryanpog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.bryanpog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#705684;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#705684!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 7:21:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I..." Howard blinked slowly and turned from Xerneas to Bryan. "Okay."

He didn't feel very beloved. He felt very overworked and tired. Between Beast and Admin, the two should've been able to find a handful of grunts to till the land in their stead. If Clayton could automate this, even better. This Ultra Desert project was slow running, and the 'base' was mostly a complex of stapled sheet metal.

claimed that when it was done, it'd be a paradise on earth. Yet there was a long trek between that and this.

"I'm glad you asked, Beast Delarosa." Howard said as he squatted in place in order to rest. His hat covered his eye as he looked up at Bryan. "Shaymin can purge poison from their bodies with Seed Flare. Works for radiation too. They're natural cleaners."

He plucked a weed from the soul and pondered it for a moment. As he did so, he let the Shaymin go so that it could demonstrate its power to the Rocket Beast.

"There's something else." He stood up as he regarded Xerneas and Bryan. "Oscar's sensors keep picking something up, flying overhead occasionally. It's too fast to track. Whenever it passes by, we have a huge burst in plant life. One of our rows of wheat doubled in length overnight."

Bryan was one of Rocket's best minds when it came to taming the land, even if it wasn't by science as much as it was by a gentle hand.

"I figured you might have an idea. You, or..." He gestured towards Xerneas.

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 5:28:52 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"I'm gonna let you know a valuable piece of information Howard." he says calmly as he looks towards the sky and pauses a bit to build up suspense. [break][break]

"nine out of ten times I don't know shit about shit. It's not really my job to know a lot of things anymore, I'm just a muscle head." he says as Shaymin walks off of howards foot and actually kicks sand onto it before it joins it's new friend. The ribombee and cutiefly swarm get to work as they took over the operation in a flash. [break][break]

"A pokemon flying over and blessing crops huh? Not really anything I've heard about in Hoenn at least... the tree of life manifested once in littleroot, created blue mulch. But that's about as much as I know when it comes to strange plant growth, it was always attributed to Xerneas." Xerneas also shakes it's head from side to side as the Pokémon was also unsure of what could possibly have caused the strange growth. "Maybe it was just a regular pokemon found here? an undiscovered ultrabeast?"

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 6:57:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"That's why I like you. There's no room for scheming, because you're too busy bashing people black and blue." Howard tapped his forefinger to his temple and smiled. "You scheme nothing, and you say nothing. That's all we ask of you, and you do it very well indeed."

Bryan was a musclebound brute, but Howard could work with a brute like that. He was vastly preferable to The Devourer ( ), who had his own best interests at heart. It was difficult to know what that man was thinking. With Bryan, what Howard saw was what he got, and Howard saw strength.

Bryan was one of Rocket's strongest, after all.

"Ah, Blue Mulch..." The sigh that left his lips was all Bryan would need to hear. It would've been so nice to have a stockpile of Blue Mulch, but it was a dream that would never come to fruition. "We don't know what it is. Oscar is putting up sensors. Maybe we'll get lucky with it. If it attacks..."

The words were unspoken, but the intentions were clear. Bryan was strong. Several times stronger than the admin. If it came to blades, Howard wanted Bryan in their corner.

"Question." Bryan's swarm of flew around the farm. "What do you mean by 'anymore'? Did you give up on thinking?"

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 2:38:18 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

He focuses on the question that howard asks. [break][break]

"I was more cunning back in my grunt days. One of those sneaky ones, break into anywhere, get info out of whoever I wanted with nice words n shit. I guess that's why Fairy types and dark types used to come to me. Tricky lil bastards." he says as he almost scoffs as if he was laughing at it. "Now I don't really have to do that at all. just punch my problems till they go away." [break][break]

He did wonder a bit what that thing was that Oscar was going to set up sensors for...he lingers on looking at his Pokémon deeper in though, reflecting on what he said earlier.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 5:26:17 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The admin laughed, a crisp sound that cut threw the hot air like a knife. He tipped his hat and leaned on a hoe.

"You're a very interesting man, Bryan Delarosa. You and Xerneas." Howard let out a laugh and smiled at his colleague. After a moment, he glanced at the divine deer capable of bringing new life into the world. After starting at it for a moment, he bowed his head. "My lord."

Meek to the end, especially when faced with someone capable of cracking him in two. When faced with a trainer as strong as Bryan, all Howard could do was avoid getting on his bad side. That made him the same as any of the other beasts, admins, head scientists, or underbosses. Each of them was strong, and Bryan sat at the pinnacle.

Howard stood at the bottom.

"Do you miss it?" He asked softly. "Thinking things through? When did having brawn outweigh the need for brains?"

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 2:46:36 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"Ignorance is bliss." he responds. [break][break]

But it wasn't really, it's what he told himself to cope with the horrible things he's done, he's though of doing, and what he knew he'd do in the future. "Life becomes a lot more simple, especially when you know your position is unlikely to be threatened.". But the silence afterwards lingers for a bit. [break][break]

"If I'm being honest, maybe? It's like looking back with rose tinted glasses. Crawling my way out of the shit and mud of rocket to be something worth a damn." he says as the average grunt didn't mean shit to him since they were SUPPOSED to be afraid of him. He was supposed to enable them to be the 'best' version of themselves. [break][break]

"Do you want to be an avatar, Howard?" he asks him out of the blue as Xerneas raises a slight eyebrow in curiosity. Bryan rarely took interest in others.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 8:49:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It's not. It's the most miserable experience in the world. Not all of us are as strong as you, Beast Delarosa."

He knows nothing of the older man's silent war, of the battle waged between justification for his deeds and the necessity of what needed to be done. Howard figured that the average Rocket omitted these feelings, that he was the only one with a beating heart. Then he had gotten drunk with Temp, spoken with Cillian...

There were humans in this organization, capable of comradery. That should've disgusted him.

But it didn't.

"I never thought I'd be pulled out of the mud to my rank. I never wanted to be promoted, if you can believe it." Not this position, at least. He wanted to be a researcher, but somewhere along the way he had become a pencil pusher instead. "Hm."

He pondered the question for a moment. Memories flashed through his mind, such as and her cursed snail. and his monstrous feline. Bryan and Xerneas, and his corrupted Lugia.

That man and his dark crystals. Howard took a deep breath as he leaned on his tool.

"No." He stared into the distance of the farm, where the tilled dirt gave way to sand. "I'm a simple man. I want salami to go on discount when I buy groceries. I want to study my histories. I want to catch Brycen-Man 2 on cable this weekend. You people..."

Disgust me. Terrify me.

"...need someone who dreams bigger."

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 4:19:14 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"Huh, that's certainly not the answer I expected." he answers in earnest as Bryan wonders what would have lead howard to give such an answer to him.

[break][break] "However it's not the first time I heard that. If I'm right I think said something similar once. She didn't believe she'd be an avatar one day. Now she's cursed by an evil spirit into something more than human." as he closes his eyes and tries to recall what she had said to him. [break][break]

"Just like how you were suddenly pulled out of mud." he says as he reaches into a bag of seeds and pulls them out in his fist, walking over to a plot of dirt and sand that had been farmed by the pokemon who moved away from his path. "Rocket has a habit of taking things that were broken, things that were just there doing nothing. Potential being squandered by the normal world anddddd..." he releases his grip on the seeds and drops them into the ground and then starts to channel his infinity energy. [break][break]

GEOMANCY from Xerneas suddenly starts to surge into Bryan and he redirects it into the seed. A tree suddenly sprouts out from the ground and starts to crawl into the sky pushing the ground around it away as nature starts to fill this small isolated area. "And make it something more than what it was."

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 2:53:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Woah..." Howard watched in awe as what was once a desolate field blossomed into a large orchard. In a dreamlike state, Howard reached for a tree and plucked an apple from it. He inspected it, as if expecting it to dissolve into mist.

Bryan Delarosa was amazing. Not Xerneas, Bryan. He wondered how such a violet warrior ever met such a creature, and convinced it to form a partnership with him.

"Rocket is good at nurturing talents that the League casts aside. They see the rejects of the world and mocks them for not being born pristine and unmarred. That's not a surprise. Authority has always cast out the rejects that question it. I've read about it dozens of times over."

His face was reflected in the apple's dew, distorted by its red sheen. It didn't seem real. When was the last time this field had bore witness to life, to something green and good?

Years, likely. Centuries.

"We've been repeating the mistakes of our species since we crawled out of caves. Our base nature has not changed. Mankind has not evolved one step beyond the stone age." He turned to look at Bryan, before tossing the apple towards him in a high arc, giving him plenty of time to catch it. " is proof of that."

She would never change, he suspected. If he knew her before Wo-Chien, he might've had faith in her. Now? Who knew. Wo-Chien hadn't changed her. It just made her true nature more apparent.

Mankind could not change their base desires.

"But we as a species can learn and improve. We have before." He plucked another apple for himself and bit into it. "Rocket gave me value, and for that I thank it."

And for that he cursed it.

"What did Rocket offer you?"

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 16:14:45 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"A home." he replies simply. "A place to nurture my talent to the fullest extent. In return, I gave my loyalty. As simple as that." [break][break]

"I have a feeling that you're gonna become more important than you think though Howard. I'm usually not wrong." he says simply as Bryan looks around. [break][break]

"Alright. I'm bored now, im gonna head back. I want a drink and a cig. You need anything else?" he asks him as there was still some stuff to do, but that took more energy than bryan cared to admit to howard in that very moment. "Eh, if you do I'll handle it later." Howard was interesting to him, but his addictions were calling his name back home.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 19:17:20 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Bryan's compliment made the admin blink once, redden, and take a deep breath.

"For my sake, I hope not. Responsibilities have a tendency to pile up, I've noticed. I don't need your high expectations on my shoulders, either." His voice was sincere and grateful, but Howard feared Bryan's words. A world where Howard was even more important meant there would be more eyes on him.

The more eyes on him, the more likely he was to slip up. All it'd take was one slip up, one hint of betrayal, and Bryan would crush his skull under his heel.

"I guess we're the same, then, you and I. Loyal till the end." A prospect that terrified him. Had Bryan been a wretch before Rocket had saved him? Had he been like Howard? Someone with nowhere to go and a skill Rocket could exploit? How many people were like that?

Why did this organization make monsters out of men?

"My back's killing me, let's go back. I've got beer and some Purple Koffing cigs imported from Kanto." Howard clapped Bryan on the back. "Plus I've got to sign off on some shipments. Let's go."

The two trekked through the orchard back to base. Somewhere overhead, a trail of clouds whisked past.