Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,718 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When We Fall, We Fall Hard [M]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:23:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The Giant Chasm made for a great gashing wound in the Hoenn region. Then again, there were dozens of those at this point. Hoenn was suffering from the cancer of Tera Crystals, the internal parasite of Eternatus, devouring its way through Hoenn and her heart. The growing Dynamax Phenomenon, erupting across her skin in bursts of Power Spots and giant Pokémon.

Hoenn was sick, and she was dying. How many more wounds could it handle before everything fully collapsed into chaos? Or perhaps it already had.

When the chasm had opened its maw, Team Rocket had sent their most experienced caver into the wound to inspect it. Whether it was punishment for Admin Fox's indirect attack on Beast Zeppelin, or for genuine interest hardly mattered. Rocket had sent him away from the office, and he had taken it in stride.

The Pokémon here were powerful, but Howard simply hid and wormed away. It had been a few days since this cave had revealed itself, and Howard had only been here for several hours.

"Jokes on them. I get to chill out here and avoid filling out casualty reports. Let Bee do it while I get paid to eat waffles. See who's laughing by the end of it."

Crackle. A small fire burned in a fire pit built shamelessly from shards of Tera Crystals and various rocks. Several sticks had skewered Yeggo waffles on them, waiting to be cooked.

Admin Fox II, Remiel's successor, Howard Slayte, stared at the flames. He hadn't taken off his helmet or body armor, as damaged as it was. Instead, he was content to wait to take it off. It wasn't like there was anyone down here, right?

Right?

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 6:10:22 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

"OOOOOOAAAAAAAAH"

A cry echoes through the chasm like a haunting spirit. A Ghastly who wishes they could return to their former self before becoming a shadow of the world. Yet the cry is answered with a loud roar that dwarfs it as it shakes the chasm. Even the fire created by the Admin shook like it was about to go out at the volume of the roar.

With heavy footsteps a white mass leaped from cliff to cliff down until it was standing above the Admin and his little campsite. Standing before the Rocket was a beast thought lost to Ultra Space. A symbol of the sun that shines high above the sky gifting the world with its light and warmth, something few people believe is missing even with winter slowly fading from the seasons.

Solgaleo.

The Legendary Pokemon of the Sunne looks down on with burning eyes, a low growl rumbling in its throat.

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,718 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 7:23:26 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Crackle. Crackle.

The Rocket Admin stood, cape billowing as he did so. A skewer of Yeggo waffles clattered to the ground, tarnished. If had seen such a thing, she would've wept at the loss of such a great treasure. Admin Fox, meanwhile, stared down the legendary beast.

Admin Fox did that. Howard Slayte wanted to cry. He wanted to run and hide in the deepest, darkest crack he could find and wait for this to be over. Howard had never met Solgaleo, but he had heard tales of Solgaleo and a man named Balder who had once held it in defense of Hoenn. Kyle also had a Solgaleo, if Rocket's reports were accurate.

Why, then, was one here? Howard had no connection to Solgaleo, and his knowledge of Alolan legend was supplemented entirely by his fear of Necrozma's Avatar. It had no reason to be here. So again, why?

"OOOOOOAHHHHHHHHH!"

Immediately, Howard scrambled back several steps. He reached for a Pokeball and threw out his Claydol, Crumble. Regice was back at base, recovering from its heavy wounds. Without it, how the hell was Howard going to fight this thing?

Crumble's antique lights beeped, before the doll manifested an Earth Power underneath the Solgaleo. When the attack concluded, it barely looked like the lion had been scratched.

"Shit." Howard scrambled back, hugging the wall. "Shit shit shit."

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 19:09:02 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

As the dust settled from the Claydol's attack there was indeed not a scratch on the lion, its steel fur glistening with the faint glow of the crystals surrounding them. Its face twisted into a snarl as it lowered itself and jumped from the cliff aiming itself right for the Rocket. Sharp fangs pristine as stainless steel seemed to almost reflect the mask of the man in their reflection.

"Lagann!"

A shadow suddenly overtook both lion and Rocket as a metal titan fell from the sky with a brutal swing of its lug nut fists. There was a loud "CRACK" as the Melmetal touched the lion and its whole body suddenly erupted with splintering fractures before it exploded into dust. The wind erupted from the impact blowing out the fire and the dust covering the waffles in a thin layer of sparkles. As the metal titan stood up it faced the masked man and raised its fist once more...to give them a friendly wave.

"What...-hic- are the odds. We meet agai-ck! Like this?" From the dust emerges a familiar figure for Admin Fox and Howard, the hulking form of Kazimir. His (always has been) blonde locks dirty with dust and dirt, his once firm jawline and face marred by scars as dried blood had hardened over his right eye. He was holding a limp arm with the other, both of his forearms looking like they fended off half a dozen Solgaleo's from the gashes all over them. Still he wore a smirk on his face as he approached, yet his eyes seemed almost sullen at the same time.

"Figures the first person I meet down here is a Rocket. You heard I was down here and wanted to collect me again?"

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,718 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 20:26:21 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Yes. Didn't you know? Our recruitment drive extends down to hell itself. Long time no see, Kazimir."

It had only been a few days, but still. The last Howard had seen of Kazimir, he had used a Z-move to ruin Howard's life. After the battle, he presumed that Kazimir had retreated to Ever Grande or Oldale to lick his wounds. Instead, it seemed like he had ended up in the Giant Chasm.

How fortunate to end up in this crystalline hell, swarming with shadows of the past.

"The Solgaleos are yours, then?" They had to be. Howard had never met a man with Solgaleo, nor had he ever met the genuine article. He knew that the Top Champion had one, but Howard had never seen it in action. To think that Kazimir could vanquish one so easily was awe-inspiring. Judging from his figure, he had struck down several already.

That was the power of a former member of the Elite Four.

"I'm doing a field study to map the chasm. It's my punishment. You were more of an... accidental find." It was like finding a rare statue in a pawn shop. "I won't complain, though. You saved me."

Howard tapped his helmet, then pointed at Kazimir. "Thanks for that."

He looked towards the Melmetal. Strong Pokémon. It reminded Howard of a certain Rocket Beast's Meltan, constantly sneaking into Howard's office to devour his staplers. Unfortunately, that Rocket Beast was comatose. It killed the mood, unfortunately.

Still, Howard regarded Kazimir. After a moment, he shrugged and gestured towards the fire pit.

"Waffles?"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 3:23:03 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Nah, if only I was that lucky." He'd give a lot in order to find Solgaleo again, even if it was just some other one from some different world than ours. Hoenn needed the light of the sun back one way or another. Yet he knew that each day he was failing it by not even making an effort to search for it.

"Its more of a...illusion? Double?" He walks over to a small clump of Tera Crystals near them and kicks it with his foot. It shines brightly and the roar of another Solgaleo echoes through the chasm as mist surrounds them and another barrels overhead before crashing into the wall above shattering into dust yet again. "Dunno how they do it but I think these crystals just bring about Pokemon we really want, but they're not exactly ones we can catch. Even a little flick makes them turn to dust."

Speaking of he reaches for a waffle, the dust of the tera crystals still giving it a glittery coat as Kazimir takes a bite out of it. There's an audible crunch from his bite and he gave it a bit of a shake to shake off more of the glitter. "Needs syrup." He gulps.

"You said this was your punishment right? What the hell did you do to get on your boss' bad side? Thought you were the great Admin Fox or something. Didn't you kill a bunch of Pokemon that belonged to some big shot trainer or something?"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,718 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 21:06:23 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Did I?" Howard blinked and scratched his chin thoughtfully. He paled under his helmet, remembering his battle at the Island Cave with . "Heh. I guess I did."

That battle was a farce and a mockery. Howard had only won because he had caught Fernando on the back foot, and because he was using a Natu. If Howard couldn't kill a Natu, it was probably best for him to jump off a cliff and end his life then and there. He didn't take pride in that fight, but

"I made an error on the battlefield." He didn't want to talk about how he had almost killed . "So I got shunted off to map this cave system. I'm one of the best people to do it, admittedly, but..."

He shrugged again. This had been going fine until Kazimir and his Solgaleos had intervened. The Tera Crystals never interfaced with Howard, because his wishes weren't something they could manifest. He had no desires that they could tap into, and thus he delved deeper than most. It was for the best. If the crystals started to manifest Regices, it wouldn't be fun for him.

"You're a good trainer. Anything you fight will break apart." There was no syrup in Howard's pack, so he simply shrugged again. "What's with the Solgaleos? If they're yours, you must know something about it. Wasn't there a Solgaleo during the Three Days War? You're a veteran of that, right?"

He hadn't fought in that war, but Howard was a historian. He made it his point to know about past events, especially after he had fought the Megalopolans under Route 119.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 1:29:14 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Used to be friends with the Avatar of Solgaleo way back then, friends with a few that aren't around anymore actually. Guy was someone I respected and sort of looked up to. He was a literal wall when it came to conflict around here, almost reminds me of Dewford's own Sheriff in some ways. Long story short before that Three Day War we managed to get into Ultra Space to rescue someone that got trapped inside." He lets out a sigh as his face quickly turns sullen as he focuses on the ground. He always hated this part of the story, how he wished he could do it over and over again to get it right.

"That was the plan anyway, we ran into those Megalopolans for the first time. They ended up eating one of our own. As we tried to leave Solgaleo managed to open a portal to kick us out but got stuck on the other side. For a while we figured he was okay cause those Avatar powers never left him but soon...soon we found out traces of it were gone. Then you guys got to him after taking Sootopolis." His gaze turns back to Howard and for a moment there's a look of accusation at him, at Rocket, before it looks sullen once more.

"Recently found out after that he joined you guys and went back to Kanto to help out over there. If you ever heard of a then that's him. Couldn't believe it when I heard it. Knew he had problems with League but never thought he'd changed sides. Kinda...makes me rethink what I said to ya before." If someone like him could find something in Rocket...then maybe...

He had to wonder if what he was doing for the League was worth it anymore. Doing stuff like Ranger work was just a matter of formality for him in the past, starting up a Gym might be right up his alley but he never considered himself the teaching type. Then there was going back to the Elite Four except he missed his chance after was promoted. Hoenn had a bad history with keeping all four members together for a while but even he didn't want to wish that luck on the new guy. He could go back to being Pokkenger but his old deal with might be a problem if they decide to crack down on him trying to play hero.

Maybe playing the hero was what wasn't working out anymore. Hoenn needed a change, and maybe he could help bring it about a different way.

"...Y'know I was knocked down here. Last thing I saw was one of our councilwoman sending a blast right into league forces without a care. You'd think they'd send someone to look for me, an ex member of their Elite Four and Team Aqua, and they probably do have their hands full sure. But it feels like I'm nothing to them anymore. To anybody there." His hand snakes up the back of his head, running through the dirt in his blonde hair as his eyes start to water, "I'm sure some people like be still but I feel like I got no more trust with them, that they don't think I can do anything to help with anything. So why waste manpower on someone like that."

Finally he sits next to Howard, his face trained on the smoldering embers left of the little campfire as his knees are brought close to his chest. His Melmetal despite having a body of iron still carries a heart and strokes the top of its trainer head with a smooth but heavy lugnut hand, "Think I saw you make a dive for a buddy before I went over. He's lucky to have a bud willing to try and reach out to him."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,718 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 10:45:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The helmet gave nothing away. The only thing it gave was a distorted reflection of Kazimir's face in its surface. It was a solemn mockery of everything that Kazimir stood for. The League had abandoned him, the world had forsaken him, Rocket had stolen his friend, and there was nothing left but a smear of shit on the tapestry that was Pokkenger's legacy.

What was there to fight for, anymore? Justice? Justice only mattered to those who held power. They were the ones who dictated justice, and that was something that Howard knew well from the histories. The League wrote the history book, but if Rocket won...

That book could be revised. Kazimir's failures could be washed away. The wise studied history, but the strong wrote it. Kazimir could change everything.

"The League is the better group to be on. They'll likely win this war." Howard shrugged, honest. It was one of his defining features in his position. Whenever he spoke, he spoke truly. He didn't revel in lies like his colleagues. A historian could misdirect and evade, but lie? No. "We're simply treading water, hoping for a miracle. If you all put your full weight on Sootopolis, Rocket would be crushed."

"But you won't. The casualties will mar this region for centuries after. That's the morality of the Pokémon League. My colleagues would kill every single citizen in that city if it would let us win. You will find no justice there. Only death."

If he knew about Baldur, his face didn't mention it. Rocket had many important members, after all. It was unfortunate that Solgaleo's Avatar had departed from the battlefield, but there was little to be done besides keep moving forward. That was all that mattered; that extra step forward.

The Three Days War, though. He understood that. He studied it. It'd be written into history's annals and remembered until the sun went out.

Then Shred was mentioned. If his helmet was off, Kazimir would've seen a flash of utter misery. As is, there was only the helmet.

"He's dying from my own strike. We have our best people on it, but his life is a candle in the wind. I regret it, but I don't." The helmet flashed. Howard frowned underneath, pleased to know that him chasing Shred hadn't been forgotten. Someone had noticed. Someone had cared. "I simply didn't want his dream to go out. That's all we're left with. A dream is all each of us can hold. This war will make us into pragmatic machines, but as soon as we let go of what makes us human..."

His fist clenched as he looked at the man sitting next to him. He didn't jump away.

"That is when we lose. As long as there's the option to choose, there is hope for you."

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 6:24:28 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Heh, by that logic sounds like you guys haven't lost yet." Keeping other people's dreams alive was something he could understand. At times that's why he threw himself into a fight. Sure he had dreams but sometimes it was more important to keep other dreams alive in the moment. Dreams were what kept people going, it gave them hope. It could also bring them despair too, maybe that's what the Tera Crystals were.

Phenomena that could turn dreams dangerous if the attacks of Paradox Pokemon were any indication.

"But...don't think the League is some saint. Yeah you guys almost fucked everyone over with the meteor business but..." It would have been either them or the people of a whole different world.

"Let's just say they were willing to make sacrifices just to save our own ass." Its a sample of the truth but a heavy one, thinking about it his stomach churned. Why didn't he object more to it at the time?

Was he just a coward back then?

"'Sides if you guys were THAT cruel you would have dumped the bodies of every civvie into the water by now. I can bet someone like can kill a man nine different ways but to do it cause he's like some deranged serial killer? C'mon the guy's not totally heartless." Broken maybe, but not heartless. He still cared for Kazimir that much was true.

"There's honor in that honesty. Twisted honor but y'know. People at the League? Wouldn't call it honesty but like, they wear lots of masks." He should know.

"Our champ? Could totally handle a fourth of Sootopolis, but he doesn't. He doesn't do a whole lot. Makes me wonder what champion even means 'round here." If it was just a fancy title to say who's the top of the top then he could probably steal it from right under them, "I just...don't feel trust from them anymore. Maybe a few guys like Navy sure but he's got his own stuff to worry about."

He leans back and looks up to the sky, past the Tera Crystals and past the lands above, past the clouds and the sky above.

"I'm just all alone with them. And it fucking sucks."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 4:06:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: