december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
az-c: crystal confines
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 17:27:38 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde is careful as they transition from the greenery of the chasm to the crystalline nature of the cave. Their usual dress has been switched up - a still stylish, still slightly frilly suit-pants combination with sturdy boots (with little bows on them) in their usual black-red colour scheme. Sylv, their black-red dyed Sylveon, is walking beside them, the ribbon always carefully attached to Lutgarde's wrist. But it appears a bit more loosely than usually, the duo ready to part should a sudden battle occur already.

"I'm looking forward to working with you," Lutgarde says towards Kyle - now that they've actually had time to realise the prominent figures of Hoenn, there's also awe in their voice, but it was still the same old friendly. "I'm Lutgarde, and that's Sylv." The Sylveon cooes in greeting, before both trainer and pokémon start looking around again. The powerful crystals are everywhere.

"I don't know much about Terastallisation ... I've only seen it in use twice now." But here, it's freely accessible, and even Sylv feels the effects slowly creeping up on him, they know. And for sure, from what they've been told, they had to keep the pokémon here from getting outside Area Zero.

oj7AHjdu
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 16:36:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"call me kyle," he tells them. "nice to meet you, lutgarde."

his tone was casual, bordering friendly. there is no sense of authority in his voice, true to his nature as a carefree being. even had he not been someone of his title, he still would be here.

the mightyena beside him follows his trainer's beat, trotting alongside them in their trip to sate their curiosity.

"the nice thing about terastalization is that it's at least simple enough to understand in concept," he says in an attempt to ease his companion. "i'm sure it'll come to you naturally."

it did to most of the people who had tried it.

"hey, want to give it a go while it's still quiet?"

HClVHBu5 (+9)

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 22:03:03 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde seems to be quite happy about the casual tone, dropping the need for formalities inside their head. "You can also call me Lu when it's gotta be short, Kyle," they add, before turning to the topic of terastallization.

They welcome the kind words, and nod. "It's really something, all the types of energy that exist. And all at once, in one place," they couldn't help but laugh, grinning as Sylv comes to a halt. Something ... "I think Sylv's on it."

Here, Sylv doesn't need any input from Lutgarde to be enhanced by the crystalline energy around them. Subtly, his appearance beings to literally sparkle, as he seems to be enveloped by gem-like energy. There's a moment where both of them wonder- but the light reflects of a vibrant black and red hue.

But there's not much time to linger, as ... "Did you hear that too?" Or maybe a false alarm.

5ZaSnW2A +38
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 1:48:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he was tempted to touch the crown formed on the sylveon, but the sudden interruption stops him from doing something he might regret.

kyle stops for a moment to take in his surroundings, tensing with his mightyena who does the same. a quick scope of their surrounding area doesn't tell them anything, but knowing what might hide around the corner meant that they can't disregard things.

"i usually just scare wild pokemon away, but i don't think we can in this place."

he whistles to his mightyena with a specific note, telling it to get ready. it gets ready for an eventual encounter with laser focus in its eyes.

"if there's something, i guess it's a good trial run for terastalization."

fVQDN9e| (+103)

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 16:10:55 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Sylv seems to regard Kyle with a knowing look, but it's unclear if the Sylveon is actually aware of the other's thought or not - or if it's just one of his usuals. He coos friendly, but his attention is soon interrupted and focused on potential threats. Lutgarde nods in agreement, accompanied by a confirming grunt. "Yeah, think the pokémon here won't be quite as docile ..."

They look around. "And we don't want them running towards an exit, either." Even if they might lose the terastalisation powers, it's still a dangerous gamble to do. "That's true," they reply to the remark about the trial run with a smirk.

The dot immediately is followed by a cry, and something darting closer- "Quick Attack, move!" Lutgarde shouts, just narrowly avoiding to find out too soon if Sylv's new crystalline shell will break upon impact. Sylv follows the command, and then coos reassuringly at the Mightyena, saying he'll lend a Helping Hand if wanted.

As the other pokémon slows down from its attack, reorienting himself, it seems to be a Wattrel, sparkling with both crackles of lightning and a terastalline shell. Its crown is especially menacing, giving off sparks even now.

bj7Fg1A2+128
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 17:59:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle groans.

"i forgot wild pokemon can access terastalization too."

it was more of a whine to himself than anything. dealing with any pokemon was trouble as it is, and having to manage fending them off with the boost seems doubly more miserable.

still, the sylveon's actions make kyle look more confident with being able to deal with the situation easier.

"hyper beam," he tells his pokemon.

with its laser focus, it hones in on the wattrel as its target. together with the sylveon's helping hand, it fires a huge torrent of power towards the bird as it had its attention on the eeveelution.

his mightyena finds an opening for a critical hit, blasting the wild pokemon against a nearby crystalline growth with force.

"oh, yeah. it does that."

vFdT|qeE (+160)

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 19:21:53 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"But that's not normal ... right?" Lutgarde asks at Kyle's whine, smiling sympathetically - the situation here is only bound to get worse, probably, so here's to hoping that might be one of the few surprises. No that they really believed in that, however.

With the combination of Laser Focus and Helping Hand, the resulting Hyper Beam was really impressive. Lutgarde lets out a low whistle, drowned by the sound of impact as the Wattrel's thrown against the crystals.

A shattering sound, bright and clear, and perhaps, a bit echoing. "Think that's only the start," they comment, exchanging a brief glance with their Sylveon as the dust settles - and, impossibly, the Wattrel's not down. It forces itself upright, eyes vicious and manifold through its crystalline shell "What-? Sylv!" the ranger shouts, and the Sylveon launches into a Quick Attack, but he doesn't connect before the Wattrel lets out a shrill shriek that resembles breaking glass.

There is a moment of silence as it drops with a thump, and then, the distinct sound of movement.

7_rSgaCE+178
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 6:56:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle doesn't leave lutgarde's question unanswered for long.

"it's uncommon, but yeah. it happens from time to time."

they find themselves some breathing room after the short skirmish. it was short and brief, but the situation it entailed presented a danger that couldn't be ignored.

as the wattrel falls, kyle turns defensive and backs away regardless of their win.

"we should still get going," he suggests. "if the crystals around here are big enough to transform a wild pokemon, then--"

a roar interrupts him.

from the sky, an iron jugulis looms over them. paradox pokemon make their home where terastral crystals were as far as kyle knows, and they were bound to find them sooner or later.

DhvAyI0k (+227)

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 8:31:43 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
An inexplicable feeling of fear lingers with them, even after the victory. Lutgarde nods at Kyle's words, giving themself a little shake and then nodding again. A quite out of the ordinary situation ... but they have the feeling, that's just standard here.

"What in the world-" Lutgarde calls out at the sight of the Iron Jugulis, "Sylv, Light Screen!" Neither of them have seen this pokémon before, and Sylv hastily goes to follow the order, throwing up a shimmering screen of light at any incoming attack.

"What's- nevermind, let's deal with it first. Prepare a Helping Hand again!"

Wf|mY3qx+250
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 3:30:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he would have a different direction to take if this was his first time encountering a paradox pokemon. he makes sure to keep himself calm, however, as to not disturb lutgarde's current temperament.

a whistle sounds to take the pokemon's attention. "electric tera, charlie," he tells his pokemon.

another transformation happens, crystalline growths all over the mightyena glistening in the sun. kyle orders another move with a differently pitched whistle, and, through helping hand assistance, fires an electric-type tera blast.

"your sylveon's got the type advantage," he tells her. "dark flying." the words were said like jargon rather than an explanation. "you can take charge of this one."

the blast fries its side to disturb its flying, but it doesn't deter it from whipping up a hurricane to their general direction. the light screen helps as it forms a sturdy platform between them and the paradox pokemon.

an earthquake shakes the ground, and their opponent is unaffected. their current method is safer under normal circumstances, but they have the environment working against them at the moment.

ky0Jy_Bn (+435)

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 8:31:18 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde nods - they had been sure that Steel had to be one of the types of the Iron Jugulis, but ... they really should read up on those Paradox Pokémon, huh? "Gotcha!" they confirm, looking at Sylv. He's not the most offensive, however, but ... "You got something new up your sleeve, don'tcha?" they ask their partner, after having observed that electric-flavoured Tera Blast - an attack which they've also not seen before.

Sylv only lingers one moment longer on the ground, leaping up to his Light Screen to get closer to shoot a fairy-typed Tera Blast at the Paradox Pokémon, which sends the Iron Jugulis flying backwards. Before Lutgarde could confirm if it's defeated, however, something else happens - an earthquake shakes the ground, and they need to stumble not to fall.

"Wo- Watch out!" they call. Sylv landed just as the last shakes weave through the ground, and barely avoids being hit by falling debris. "Everything alr-?" they wanted to ask Kyle, but see that the Iron Jugulis still moves - sluggish and heavily injured, but resilient. "Another, Sylv!" Sylv nods, refocusing for a few seconds to blast another Tera Blast, jumping to escape the shaking earth for even just a moment.

It's hard to really perceive much when the ground's shaking, but Lutgarde does their best to scan the area - has anything else been called here, or emerge from the rocks that came loose...?

rSjev5pO+533
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 2:40:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the sylveon pushes the paradox pokemon to the corner with its barrage of attacks, and the environmental hazards finish the job.

the shaking of the ground causes rocks to shift, with loose ones falling from the side of a cliff and rolling into the iron jugulis, pinning it down.

"well, that's one threat down." he would set it free since it was still a living creature, but he realizes it can just let itself out with brute strength once it rests a bit. "we can explore a bit more now, i guess."

but before the tremors end, aftershocks uncover crevices on the ground and on the mountain walls. tera crystals jut out from them, inferring that they were deep into area zero where danger levels can only get higher.

pTeBbJSJ (+611)

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 10:37:37 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde nods, coming to the same conclusion as Kyle - it may be trapped now, but this will probably not last forever. All things considered, it's a strong pokémon after all. "Let's see what else we'll find," they say, trying to lighten the heavy atmosphere with a grin as they continue further. The earthquake's tremors have stopped, so they are able to walk more or less safely across the rubble ...

"It's eerie, but also really pretty," they comment, looking at the crystals, their sharp edges glinting in the dim light coming from the entrance, reflecting it over and over and over again. It's almost like a moment of peace, as ...

They squint, wondering if it's just their imagination, but then, the rift, hanging in the air seemingly, grows bigger, and bigger, and takes an eye-like shape. They stumble backwards, caught in a feeling of sudden, harsh dread. "-?"

irt9Fg4M+664
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 19:27:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle freezes up.

the sense of dread is one thing, but the appearance of the similar gash of void presents a more ominous threat to kyle. he tries to get himself to move, which he only manages to do after a few moments.

he swallows.

"if you're into cult references, that, there, is the distortion world." he takes a deep breathe and exhales. "this is a big find. let's head back for now."

kyle wonders if his previous friendship with giratina's avatar holds some weight, but he'd rather not play with fire when it comes to it.

2bDj2GXs (+773)

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 19:38:12 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde needs a few moments longer to break away from that eye, peeking into this world, this area as it seems like. It's only when the afterimage of it fades in their mind that they manage, registering Kyle's words and actually managing a snorted laugh. "Not sure if I'm much into that, completely honest," they grin, trying to just push the memory of this event away. "Distortion World, huh?" they do murmur, however.

(Time for more reading they're unlikely to remember properly!)

They nod as they follow Kyle's lead, turning back towards the entrance. They remain cautious, seeing if there's any pokémon out there to attack them while they're retreating.

JUopk99e+835