Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
228 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
Ultra Deep Sea: AA #3
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 17:00:09 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA DEEP SEA

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

GRANITE CAVE[break]↓ ULTRA DEEP SEA

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055326462955225158/lusapogger.mp3[/player][break]
Lusamine's Encounter Theme - Pokemon Sun & Moon
[break]

CONTRARY TO ITS NAME, THE MAJORITY OF THE ULTRA DEEP SEA IS A VAST CAVE-LIKE WORLD. Shafts of light from an unknown source barely penetrate the dark, causing colorful diamond-like rocks to glisten against humid walls. The dim lighting makes the place seem like you're thousands of leagues under the sea... Eerily, an unceasing pulse can be heard like a heart beat that rumbles throughout the realm.[break][break]

Oddly enough, one is able to "swim" through this realm like Water-type Pokemon floating in air.[break][break]

One may stumble upon deep, cold pools of dark water and alien seaweed as they scout out the realm. Segments of this place open up into an astral sea, where islands of mysterious stone are suspended mid-air.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 24 suffer a grievous or fatal injury or injuries that ends up being a hallucination.
  • 26 experience a clutch of ultra beast eggs hatching and the horrific newborn forms of nihilego or poipole emerging. protective parent ultra beasts will mercilessly protect them.
  • 27 find a ship log or page of notes that suggests that this realm only housed ultra beasts and not any other pokemon.
  • 28 find signs that the ultra deep sea that you have explored so far seems to be the inside of a large, living organism.
  • 29 hear the deep calling your name, attempting to bring you deeper into an endless abyss.
  • 30 encounter toxic bubbles that are extremely dangerous to burst.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: your character will be able to encounter and catch a NIHILEGO or POIPOLE (one or the other); they may reflavor this to a stolen egg that will hatch on their own terms.[break][break]

Instead of an ULTRA BEAST, they may encounter and catch a PHIONE that has wandered into this rift from Hoenn instead.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
228 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 17:05:44 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

It becomes like clockwork. She's pretty sure three times isn't enough to call something a habit, but she and Seraphim are used to each other enough that the excursion down to the cavern does not grate on her nerves like it had previously. She is almost comfortable with the area. And like the last two times, they find themselves at the ship wreckage. It has too many secrets to ignore.[break][break]

The ship is floating and active like it was when they left it. She beelines to the captain's quarters and rummages through the notes there. Some of it is completely impossible to follow. However, she seems some diagrams and maps sketched out clearly and well-preserved behind glass. But the information within them... [break][break]

It looks like Ultra Beasts were regular occurrences here. In fact, it looks like nothing else used to roam this land, back then. [break][break]

It causes a hundred questions to sprout up. Why were there so many feral pokemon here now? Were there more UBs here than she had initially suspected? Did it used to be home only to UBs because they were violent about outside pokemon or because other pokemon could not access or survive here?

TAGS[break]
NOTES27 find a ship log or page of notes that suggests that this realm only housed ultra beasts and not any other pokemon.[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,881 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 5:06:11 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He was growing accustomed to her presence if nothing else. Being able to adapt to the person that he was delving into these places with was something that he was glad he as capable of doing. Her eccentricities were not out of the blue anymore, and if needed then he would be able to protect them both should something befall them again. Still he felt the need that he would have to drill an actual sense of danger into her, for the way she frolicked into this place so easily, but that would be a discussion for another time.

In the captains quarters he watched her rummage through things, and he investigated on his own as well, going over to one of the small windows he peered out to see if the swarm of Sharpedo were still around, but that is when he heard it.

Amor.....

It was a voice that chilled him to his core.

Amor.....Come to me.....

It was a voice that he recognized, one that he longed to hear again, and his footsteps began to carry him away from the captains quarters. Away from Ameena. Someone was here for him, and he would finally be reunited once more. Or so he thought before a flash of light interrupted his plans, and in front of him stood Draco, his Dragonite.

Two large claws placed themselves on his shoulder, and stopped him in his tracks. Doing so the voice faded, and Amor realized that it was just another hallucination of this place, toying with his mind. Shaking his head he simply waited outside the captains quarters for Ameena so they could continue their work.

TLDR
Prompt 29 done!
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
228 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 18:06:31 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She would be lying if she said Seraphim's silence this time around wasn't getting on her nerves. It was making paranoia bubble up inside, but she didn't comment on it. She took a picture of the research and pocketed it for later examination. "I think I have found all we can parse from this ship. The other writings are nonsensical or too faded to read." She wasn't all too experienced with runic writing anyways, and the longer notes were in a language she couldn't interpret. [break][break]

She walked back towards him to leave the quarters when she heard the softest cracking sound. She dropped down low instinctively, crouch-walking to the doorway to peek. Was there a cannibalistic megalopolan here? Instead, she saw a clutch of eggs that had hatched, but no pokemon were there. But that had to be what she heard. So where...? [break][break]

A flash of purple from outside the ship, seen only through rotted slats of the ship wall, told her all she needed to know. "There is a nagandel outside." Her voice was strained. If its poipoles had hatched, there was no telling what it would do to protect them.

TAGS [break]
NOTES26 experience a clutch of ultra beast eggs hatching and the horrific newborn forms of nihilego or poipole emerging. protective parent ultra beasts will mercilessly protect them.[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,881 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 20:20:00 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"There is a Nagandel outside."

Of course there was, but Amor for all purposes didn't seem perturbed if anything there was excitement in his veins. Finally he would acquire something that eluded him for so long. The power of a new dragon, he didn't speak still, the voice that he had heard, it had brought back an ache that he didn't feel like exploring. So his answer to her was a curt nod, and more silence. With a jerk of his head he had his Dragonite follow him out to the deck of the ship. That meant that the eggs there were the hatchlings of this particular creature. If he couldn't acquire the parent, then he would take one of the children.

"Draco....It is similar to the one that had, but it's wild. There is no need to hold back." He explained to his partner, and he held up his Tera Orb, and Draco began to glow with a crystalline aura, until it was coated in silvery crystal armor. It's type had changed to Steel. The obvious choice to deal with a Poisonous Dragon....Amor was a master of his chosen type, even if others didn't want to acknowledge it. Frigid power welled up in Draco's claws as it unleashed a powerful Ice Punch to the parent trying to protect it's clutch.

Bubbles of purple toxins began to surround Draco, but when they burst it was to no avail, he was immune to them with his new typing, and even when the Naganandel unleashed a powerful Dragon Pulse. Between his new typing, and his Multiscale it was all for naught as Draco simply shrugged the hit off, and continued onwards.

"Be careful...." He spoke to her for the first time this trip. "This place is changing...." He explained to her, as more bubbles began to filter up from the ground inexplicably.

TLDR
Prompt 30 is complete!

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
228 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 17:12:04 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Seraphim jumps into action. She's not intimately familiar with Elise -- only knowing word of mouth -- or the Nagandel beyond what she's read about the Deep Sea, but steps into a sludge bomb it must have launched into the ship while circling. She quickly steps out of it. Then, she turns to see the Nagandel pierce her, having rammed straight into her chest. It punctures her heart out of her body alongside many ribs and-- [break][break]

She comes to herself when Edith snaps at her fingers. Ameena shakes her hand defensively, irritated at the sharp pain and drawn blood, but she exhales all the same, relieved to have her bits all attached. "Get that thing out of here," she orders the bird pokemon. Ever the opportunist, Edith attacks the Nagandel with disarming voice as she can keep a distance that avoids getting hit by friendly fire while she disorients the beast. [break][break]

Ameena turns back into the corner of the ship with the eggs. Not all have hatched. "Is it worth it to take one?" She asked mostly herself. It was clear that they could turn into strong pokemon, but she wasn't sure how well they could acclimate to the outside world. Well, if an Elise had had one in regular Hoenn...

TAGS [break]
NOTES24 suffer a grievous or fatal injury or injuries that ends up being a hallucination.[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,881 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 22:29:16 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Blow after blow clashed against the venomous dragon, and then it was buffeted by the sound waves from the Disarming Voice despite the battle having just started it was already getting worn out. With half of it's moveset useless against Draco now, Amor felt he could turn his attention away for a moment to regard his colleague.

"From all of my research these creatures are incredibly powerful...." He expressed to her, and he looked at the unhatched eggs. "Grab one for me as well...." He spoke to her, and he looked around to keep their surroundings within his sight just in case the Sharpedo swarm made it's way back over to them not that he thought it would. That is when he noticed something strange, the last two times he hadn't been able to properly pay attention simply for the fact that their lives had been in danger from the get go.

This time though they were in control of the situation, and that is when he noticed in the distance. From this distance it looked like a statue, but when he zoomed in it was pulsing. There were strange vein-like structures carrying something from it into the floor beneath it, and then spreading out. It looked organic, it looked alive....

"That can't be possible........I think we are inside something...." Came the exasperated words as he began to rethink everything he thought he knew about this place.

TLDR
Prompt 28 done!

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
228 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 16:41:04 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena does as he requests. After all, it'd be silly to burn a bridge with an established scientist and Rocket member, and she had room to carry two in her arms. "These better not hatch and cry for mum," she said lowly as she readied for them to leave. But something in Seraphim's voice caught her attention as he looked out in the distance. [break][break]

She turned and stood at his side, looking out. There was... a pulsing. [break][break]

"This area is huge; nothing could be so big as to... I mean, we saw the abyss and all of the pokemon in this area. A wailord could not even contain a fifth of what we have explored." And yet, the pulsing was there. It could, hypothetically, be something energy-related, but she felt a foreboding pit in her stomach that suggested that wasn't the case.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,881 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 20:46:59 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"In my experience most creatures will imprint on the first thing they see after they hatch...." He states to her despite the battle raging on in front of them, and the pulsing of what he assumed was a heart. They should get out of here....The Naganandel for all of it's fury was driven off, and with their prizes in her possession, he took a step back towards her. His Dragonite imposing itself between him, and the strange wilderness.

"A piece of advice I will give you, if one day you wish to take mine or 's post....You should start believing in the impossible because you are going to deal with it everyday....From rifts to alternate dimensions, to witnessing literal gods descend onto our plane....Watching reality warp in front of you, and getting doomsday prophecies....That is just the tip of the iceberg ...." He expressed to her despite the cold, and robotic tone that he spoke with from within his suit. It was the best way he could think to prepare her for life in Hoenn.

"Today we are going to leave my way....Unless you object?" He stated to her before releasing his Gallade. For as much as he liked to adventure in this place, if it truly was a living organism that changed things. That changed his entire approach to dealing with everything in here. Were those swarms like antibodies? He had no clue, and he didn't necessarily like the implication of this place being the bowels of some giant unknown creature.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
228 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 16:16:53 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She wondered if her initial head scientist comment, before she knew who he was, would stick forever. She really wasn't so ambitious as to take the rank from someone; working alongside the head scientists had been more bountiful than she'd expected. Still, she found herself appreciating his advice about it. It was possible he didn't have her best interests in mind, but he had never struck her as petty, either.[break][break]

"I will not brush off the impossible," she promised, ever-loyal to the principles of science that had gotten her this far, "but this is beyond comprehension. It truly stuns that there are so many reality-defying oddities in Hoenn that we cannot justify having thousands of researchers on this project right away. We could probably not spare a dozen to actively commit to it." Indeed, Rocket had their hands in so many pies as it were, and nearly everything strange in Hoenn was producing something valuable, be it research or power. [break][break]

For what it was worth, he had earned her trust enough to warrant faith in his exfiltration strategy. "Lead the way."

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,881 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 20:23:26 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

At her acceptance he merely nodded, and he returned his Dragonite in a flash of red.

"Stay close...." He stated to her as his Gallade placed a hand on their shoulders, giving her time to recall her pokemon if she should need it, and then they would both be Teleported out. There was no high speed chase, no running from a rampant swarm of Sharpedo. No abyss making you see hallucinations. It was a boring method of leaving, boring but safe. Amor had had his fill of that place, and he wanted out of there as quickly as possible.

She would find herself back on the sub, specifically in his office, and he would take his helm off, and set it down with a sigh.

"Good work out there...." With his voice unmodified she would be able to hear how genuine his voice was, and he gave her a pleasant smile to go with it. "You're free to relax here for a bit, I have tea, coffee, lemonade....Or you can leave." He wouldn't mind either way.