Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 1:45:19 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When Thomas got the call that Shalin was dealing with a previously undiscovered Paradox Pokemon, the Kalosian raced over. On the back of his Hydreigon, above the Giant Chasm, Thomas scanned the grounds below, for any signs of the Ranger, and the opposing Pokemon.

Thankfully, the scuffle wasn't very hard to miss, especially with how the large beast stood out.

"This is Arbok Nine, closing in on your position!", Thomas called into the radio.

Kalameet immediately dived towards the ongoing battle, between the Ranger, and the Entei-like beast she was fending off. A wall summoned with Earth Power emerged between the two parties, allowing his ally to take cover.

wPcn_gey

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 2:34:06 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Captain Nariya, acknowledged, over," the Type: Null-mounted Ranger replied. Though her speed training with the former Avatar had helped substantially, it would do her little good against a legendary Pokémon known for great speed. While Shalin by now had learned that the paradox before her was not Entei, it was close enough to Entei that it could mimic many of the Johto god's abilities.

Midori the Iron Leaves would not be useful at all against such a behemoth, and she had quickly learned how hard its BURNING BULWARK was, able to repel even Lathliss' THRASHING. The on-fire Salamence struggled to her feat before being slammed back to the ground in a violent OUTRAGE. It was an OUTRAGE so unhinged that even Lathiel and Shalin were not safe, the two hurled into the air and crashing into the ground in awkward landings.

This was bad. Really bad.

mkGF2xtD

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Lathliss      Salamence      KO
Lathiel       Type: Null     Fair
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Midori        Iron Leaves    Good
Michiko       Frosmoth       Good
Dusk          Absol          Good
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 8:25:56 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Thomas descended, he watched as the Salamence was sent flying in a brutal display of Outrage. The Earth Power wall was erected near where Shalin and her Type: Null had fallen, thus providing them with cover.

From there, Kalameet laid down Dragon Pulse fire onto the Entei-like beast. Kalameet hoped to distract the beast, and allow Shalin the opportunity she needed to remount, and get back in the fight.

Thanks to his focus on ranged combat, and mobility in the air, harassing and dodging the Gouging Fire was something the duo were ready to do.

A familiar cry resonated from below. It was the less frequent cry he heard throughout the day. Perhaps he'd ask Shalin about it later.

g231QtGB

tags:
notes: 194
Mysterious Cry (high roll)

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 22:59:55 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The well of EARTH POWER was round-shaped, softening the blow of their impact some, but it was still painful for dragon, chimera, and trainer. The Gouging Fire staggered backward, letting Shalin get back on her Type: Null and command her steed to use a powerful CRUSH CLAW attack against it. Sparks flew as it collided with incredibly tough dragon scales.

Wait, so this was Entei, but a dragon?

The Captain couldn't think about it now. Though Lathiel met resistance, her attack was just barely strong enough to knock the fire-type to the next level down the chasm. "I'm getting on him, Thomas. Let's see him battle Hoenn's wildest Pokémon rider!" As she slid down the cliff and landed on the Gouging Fire's back, little did she know how much she was about to get in over her head...

RLim55pB

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 9:19:33 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"You okay?", Thomas asked Shalin.

When he heard that she was gonna try to ride the beast, he was shocked. Sure, she was known to be a risk taker, but this was insane.

"Just be careful!", Thomas called out to the Ranger Captain.

Thomas brought out his Roaring Moon, Midir, to support their efforts. The ancient Salamence called down a Rock Slide, in an attempt to slow the beast down, thus giving Shalin an opening to attempt to mount it. Meanwhile, Kalameet continued to pepper the Entei-like beast with Dragon Pulses, given how effective they seemed to be.

Once again, the cry from before resonated from below.

Cby_CgIF

tags:
notes: 194
Mysterious Cry (low roll)

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 19:54:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"I'll be fine!" Shalin cried back, Midir dropping a ROCK SLIDE all around the Gouging Fire to make it easier for her to land on the behemoth of a Beast. With a sudden rear, the dragon-type slammed his paws down, bucking and writhing in a FLARE BLITZ. The Paradox Pokémon tried to heave Shalin off its back with rippling strength, the girl looking like she was having the time of her life struggling against a Pokémon that could buck even harder than her Tyranitar could.

Shalin completely missed the echoing Koraidon cry from below the Giant Chasm, too busy holding on for dear life. Every buck and kick stretched her limbs almost uncomfortably far, her hooting and hollering subsiding as more and more concentration was needed to avoid falling off. With a frightening kick, the Gouging Fire shattered a hole in the rock wall the Roaring Moon created.

Little did she know she was about to get the Mauville Gym experience...

SXQFAxrl

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 1:10:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watched as the Ranger Captain mounted the Entei-like beast. As the creature violently bucked, and kicked at the confines of its Rock Slide prison, Thomas prepared. Sending out Freke and Mordred, the Alakazam immediately Teleported, landing on the back of the Roaring Moon. Meanwhile, Mordred disappeared into the Phantom Force, waiting for his chance to attack the beast.

Before the creature's bucking finally kicked through the Rock Slide wall, Thomas heard the other cry.

As the creature bucked through, Kalameet and Midir got ready to pursue the beast, and ready to catch Shalin, if she needed it.

qfs00Jzi

tags:
notes: 328
Mysterious Cry (high roll)

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 1:34:42 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With the Gouging Fire free of its rocky prison, the fire-type paradox bolted. Fast. Fast as 's Entei. There was no longer an effort to dislodge Shalin from her perch. She had a Poké Ball palmed in her hand, but she could not let go of it; all she could do was scream, paralyzed both mentally by fear of going way too fast, and physically from one of the most rapid, rough gallops she had felt in her life.

The Gouging Fire looked like a red comet as it made what appeared to be a shallow turn. To the Captain, it felt anything but shallow, the force behind the turn threating to tear the white-knuckled rider's limbs apart. It was impossible to see her through the corona that made Shalin and the Gouging Fire look like a comet.

With another sharp turn that made her scream in pain, the paradox came barreling toward Thomas' two dragons, using its BLAZING BULWARK not defensively, but offensively. It would be a shield bash every Bastiodon in the world wished it was capable of.

C4exLRml

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 1:57:11 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When the primordial Entei took its sharp turn, and charged the dragons, Thomas signaled to the duo to wait a moment. As the beast finally closed in, the two split off in opposite directions, before Midir called down a Rock Slide, with Kalameet bolstering the effort with his Earth Power. The duo attempted to slow the beast down.

Freke finally latched onto Shalin with Telekinesis, without pulling on her.

"Now, let go! We got you!", Thomas called out to Shalin.

If she were to let go, she'd find that the Alakazam was prepared to decelerate her flight, and land her safely.

bLuAMUwu

tags:
notes: 484

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 3:00:48 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin did as asked, letting go and allowing the Poké Ball in her hand to fall onto the Gouging Fire. She didn't even feel the Psychic-type slowing her down, still shaking from the paradox Pokémon's violent, ultrafast gallop. By the time the girl came to, where there was once a rampaging "Hoennian Beast", there was a still Poké Ball. It took her quite a bit of time to get to her feet after the rodeo that she would have won if it weren't for the fire-type's frighteningly fast Flare Blitz.

"Take the Poké Ball... to Josh..." she trailed off, still huffing after taking on more than she could handle. "It's... too fast... for me..." she managed before going silent again. Once she could feel her limbs again, she clicked open Michiko's Poké Ball, hesitant to sit in the Frosmoth's saddle until Thomas had things wrapped up on his end. With her condition, it was important they returned to Oldale together.

lZU8qLYn

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 18:21:24 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thankfully, Shalin managed to successfully capture the Entei-like beast, before she lost consciousness. Thomas hopped off of Kalameet, rushing to the Captain's side.

"Shalin!", Thomas called out to his friend.

Thankfully, she was alive, despite her ordeal. "You got it.", Thomas told Shalin, collecting the Pokeball that contained the Entei-like beast.

Thomas recalled Midir and Freke. "I'll help you get to Oldale, then I'll take it to Josh!" Thomas told Shalin, ready to help her get in the saddle, before he boarded his Hydreigon again.

zbsfFgLY

tags:
notes: 544

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Flaming Frenzy
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 6:16:18 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: