november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
something in the water [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 20:47:22 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Cass seperates from her friends as they enter a downtime period of the school trip, allowing them to just do whatever they wanted for a moment and nearby, to quickly approach Knight. "Hey," she whispers to him urgently, motioning for him to sidebar with her. "Did you hear, too?" she asks him.

It's not exactly a secret, but also ... she's pretty sure this curiosity could get her into the teacher's disgraces, and she really wants to avoid that. However, she's also been bad at not giving in to her curiosity. "Some fishermen talked about how scarce the fishes are right now, and like, I also thought so? In addition, he's home, but the other day, I went fishing, and like. I somehow had a Skuntank in the middle of the route. That's really strange, isn't it?"

She has the feeling she could've baited Knight with less words - probably only one, the word being "ADVENTURE!", or even just "adventure". "Maybe we'll find something if we take a look."

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
184 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 22:05:36 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Cass! Did you--!" He talked at the same time as his friend and it seemed they had both heard about the same thing. He was still carrying his fishing-pole from attempting to catch something when he overheard a couple of fishermen talking. As soon as he could, he had rushed off to find Cass and see if she wanted to investigate![break][break]
The Skuntank, however, threw him off and Kay's eyes widened, "You saw a what? Did you catch it? Whereabouts did you see it? Maybe it's a clue!" His own Pokémon (he had brought Fitzwilliam , Perrin and Gideon on this trip) lingered around as Knight decided what to do next, "Can you show me? Was it near here?" The best thing about their school was the school trips. The second-best thing was how much free time they got.[break][break]
He waited for Cass to show them the way and grinned at his 'mons, "This'll be fun!" To which Fitz rolled his eyes but hefted his giant leek over his shoulder.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

time to solve a mystery![break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.knight]--accent:#c75240;[/newclass]
[newclass=.knight]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 12:29:34 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Cass couldn't help a smirk as Knight also gets the same clue as her, and immediately approached her about it, too. She shakes her head, however - and quickly corrects it to a nod, but uh, shake ... "A skuntank, yes I caught it the other day, but I left him at home to recover. It's was around here I believe, and today I just didn't catch anything."

She doesn't hesitate many moments longer, dragging Knight to a more secluded area of the boat that is close where she's caught the Skuntank. "I just don't have a water pokémon still, so I'm not sure how much we can do from here." She leans over the railing, trying to peek into the water and see if there's anything curious about it. She also didn't bring Effie (Fletchinder) or Saude (Emolga) ... "Oh, Martin!" she calls out her Comfey. "Can you fly out a bit and see if there's anything?"

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
184 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 11:48:40 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Knight wanted to know more about Cass' Skuntank but this wasn't the time or place -- he would just have to hope he could remember to ask her about it later on.[break][break]
"Perrin can help too. Let's send them out together." He nodded and gestured for Perrin to go along with Martin, "And to think I caught a Pelipper recently, I should have brought her on this trip with me." Kay laughed, rubbing the back of his hair because he knew a 'mon like that would have been perfect for this scenario.[break][break]
He watched as the two 'mons took off together and he sighed, "I hope it's nothing majorly bad... Like those weird poison type 'mons that have been popping up around Hoenn." He loved his home and didn't want to see it harmed. Knight leaned on the railing and stared into the water, "Do you think they could affect the sea too?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

knight gets sentimental lol[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.knight]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 13:35:45 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass looks at Knight for one long moment upon hearing that he has a Pelipper now. Not because he's caught some new mon, but ... they were going on a literal water route. ... but then again, she didn't take her own Skuntank from here, so she doesn't feel like she could lecture him on that at the moment. ... "Think it's a good idea to take her with you next time!" Mostly.

Cass shudders as she thinks of the poisoning that seems to spread throughout Hoenn. "I think there's gotta be something in the ocean, too, right? But so far, I don't think I've heard much ..." she shakes her head. "Let's hope for the best. And stay safe, okay?" she nudges him slightly with her elbow.

Martin and Perrin in the meanwhile fly out, and Martin lets a bit of his aromatherapy seep into the water, seeing if there might be any shadows showing underneath, any pokémon that might be attrachted to the smell. He then turns to the other pokémon, asking if he's seeing anything suspicious except ... nothing. The water is clear, as far as he could tell.

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
184 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 18:17:07 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Perrin soared through the air, climbing higher to take in more of the views around them but then he dove back down to join Martin. He conveyed that there wasn't anything obvious that stuck out to him.[break][break]
"Yeah, I should do." Knight laughed softly, "I was so excited about coming on the trip, I just brought some of my regular 'mons." He continued to stare at the water. The water was a lovely blue colour and seemed like it would be great to swim in -- if he could swim.[break][break]
Kay stood up straight and gasped, "Cass... Do you see that?" It looked like a shadow far, far below them but it grew bigger as it advanced, "Is it just a 'mon or is it... Something else?" Like the poison? Was that possible?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

dun dun dunn[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 22:24:04 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Immediately, Cass feels a mix of satisfaction at Knight agreeing and slightly bad seeing him speak so softly. "I understand," she says, smiling in hopes he'd grin again too and be loud, "It's an exciting trip so far! And we're here directly with a secret ..."

Martin nods at Perrin's report, saying that his bait also hasn't quite worked - or has it. He cooes in warning to Perrin, before rushingly floating back towards Cass. However, Knight's also spotted it already, too. "I think it might be a mon-" she says, squeezing Knight's shoulder. "Hang on here, I'll get my fishing rod." She runs quickly, exchanges a few feigned casual greetings, before hastily grabbing hers, and then also Knight's fishing equipment, and hurrying back.

"Let's see if we can catch it!" she says, her tone a bit frenzied as her hands move almost calmly to attach the bait to her rod. "Martin, Perrin, did you guys bait it here? Whatever you did, do it again!" she says, and Martin floats closer to the water, filling the air (and water) with another aromatherapy.

ooc. i dont really have any plans beyond this ... could do a whale situation (randomly eaten all and some were shot out again ... does wailord also work like this)

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
184 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 23:17:17 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

The shadow got larger and Cass hurried off to get their fishing gear, "Keep safe you two. Perrin, don't get too close to the water, okay?" He warned though he gave both Perrin and Martin a fond smile.[break][break]
He took his rod when Cass came back and nodded, "Let's try... It might be something big!" He grinned. Martin and Perrin went back out to act as bait but Kay wasn't worried. He knew the 'mons were smart and would be able to take care of themselves.[break][break]
Knight cast out his hook and looked at Cass, "Would be funny if it was a Wailord, right?" Did any come this far in-land? He had always wanted to catch a Wailmer if possible -- they were so cute![break][break]
Something caught on the end of his line and Knight jerked forward, stopped only by the railing of the boat, "Geesh! What is this thing!?" The reel spun like crazy as the line got long until it went taut and Kay tried to reel in... Whatever it was!

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

:sweats:[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 8:18:46 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass nods, the exchanged gaze between her and her Comfey lingering for one moment more, before he goes out and she throws her fishing rod out as well. "That'd be insane," she grins at Knight's guess - she's only seen them ever from afar, and so could not even begin to comprehend their size at all.

Almost immediately after Knight's rod caught something, her own rod starts picking up, too. "Huh?" Cass is an expert at standing her ground - metaphorically. Physically, she's drawn almost more strongly towards the railing than Knight. "HUH?! IT'S A BIG ONE!" she shouts. With her feet propped against the edge of the boat, and her back far out, she couldn't see what they were reeling in at all - could only continue, and continue-

A massive shadow flies over them, and there's not enough time to fully react. She isn't sure if Knight pushed her aside, or if she pushes Knight aside, but they barely manage not to be buried below a larger than normal Muk. But also, this Muk ... Immediately, the stench spreads, and their stealth operation would be busted for sure, but ... She calls out Jon from his pokéball, and his reaction is all she needs to confirm.

He frowns.

"I think the Muk is sick."

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
184 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 15:40:31 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Oh Arceus--" Whatever this fished up flew over their heads and landed behind them but the stench! Kay gagged and put a hand over his mouth and nose, turning with some reluctance. A few fishermen on the boat backed up as well. [break][break]
This Muk made Jon smell like a garden of roses. It truly wasn't well at all and Knight felt a shiver run down his spine as he joined Cass, "What can we do for it? Do you think it ingested something bad?" He tried to remember what he knew about these 'mons. They pretty much loved to eat trash and pollution...[break][break]
It had to be something seriously bad for it to affect the Muk like this. "Well, if we help at least we sort of know what's kept the fish away from here..." Knight looked at Cass and then at Jon. Would Cass' little Trubbish know how to help the Muk?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

boke uwu[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 15:58:00 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
First things first, Cass takes out a nose clip for Knight should he want one. Second, she's scanning her memories for the various times Jon has smelled similiarly bad ... sometimes even noticeable when he's in his pokéball. "I think it ate something really nasty. We need to get it to Belch somehow ... or Recycle, or anything. I think staying in the water also weakened it significantly, it's looking a bit thin, maybe ..."

"But how do we get it to cough this up again, and like ... where to?" She looks at Knight, wondering if he has any idea. For now, she nods to Martin to work a bit of Floral Healing so the Poison Type could gradually start recovering. She can tell that Martin's slightly afraid, seeing how his beautiful flowers are turned into sludge immediately ... but the sludge is helping! The sludge is helping ...

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
184 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 16:04:38 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

It felt rude to use the nose clip, especially in front of Jon (but he had long got used to the Trubbish's scent). He took the clip and tried to subtly put it into his pocket. Maybe if he focused on the issue at hand, it would be enough of a distraction from the powerful smell.[break][break]
He did his best not to gag as he crouched. He did feel bad for the Muk and sighed, "Poor thing... All soupy and watered down... Gideon, come here." His Karrablast took a few steps closer but hid behind Knight, her face buried into his top.[break][break]
"Cass, Gideon knows Acid Spray -- would that help? Maybe it could bulk up the Muk without hurting it?" He didn't know what else to try and it wasn't like he could pat the Muk to comfort it either. Knight frowned, overcome with sadness for this Pokémon who was hurting.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

boke uwu[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 18:43:42 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass smiles faintly as she sees Knight not use the nose clip. Neither her nor Jon nor the Muk (probably) would've been offended, but it's nice to see Knight care. "Breathe through your mouth as much as possible," she gives him another tip, before it would eventually get more stinky and really nasty.

There's also some teachers that approach, but they quickly also turn around, seeing that Cass and Knight are together there - they probably got it under control ... (Really helpful adults, truly.)

"I think it could ... just be careful about it, he can still be hurt by Poison attacks, just not as much." She looks at Jon again. There's one type they're immune to ... oh for eff's sake. "If you have Psychic attacks, they won't damage per se, but maybe the physical contact helps. Jon, try and do some example Belchs if you can, okay, dear? And uhm, let's see ... Sona, Del!" She calls two more of her pokémon, and only Del appears slightly bothered by the smell. Sona stands to attention, immediately unhappy about the hurting Muk.

"I'm gonna call Brad. Please just, uh, keep an eye out?" Frankly, the Espathra is more unsettling than she has anticipated, but ... she'd get to him, eventually. She steels herself, summoning all the authority she has at her young teenage age. Which, all things considered, isn't even too bad - she's a brat, too, after all.

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
184 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 20:20:07 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Knight listens as Cass gives him some advice on how to approach the situation -- with the smell and with the hurt Muk. It truly was a tricky Pokémon to help. "Alright, Gideon, don't over do it. Just a little bit at a time... Erm, try to aim for the Muk's mouth?" Gideon saluted her trainer and let out a small yell, spraying some Acid at the Muk as instructed.[break][break]
He considered what else he could do to help but he didn't think Perrin could help... But Fitzwilliam might, "Fitz, can you use Detect so we know how the Muk is doing? Hey Cass, would sand attack help to fee--? Wait!" It was a dumb idea but it might just work![break][break]
Getting up, Kay ran to the nearest public bin that had been stuffed full of discarded food and drinks, and other bits of rubbish. He ran back with the bag and fell to his knees next to the Muk. He picked through the rubbish with his bare hands and selected the pieces he thought Muk would enjoy the most, "Here, can you eat this?" [break][break]
A gross banana peel and something that was probably once coffee were tossed into the Muk's mouth and Knight continued searching through the rubbish and picking out things he thought the Muk would enjoy to feed to it.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

knight is gross. sorry. [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 13:02:51 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Everyone's on deck to take care of the Muk - or well, everyone from Team Cass and Team Knight. Fitz' Detect would give them some status updates on the Muk's state, while the rest were working hard to recover it. "I'm not sure if sand ..." Cass murmurs, pondering, as Knight's already running away. She doesn't look grossed out as he's starting to feed the Muk with garbage from the public bin, as it's honestly something she's already done often enough.

"Good thinking, Knight!" she grins, relieved to have him here in this situation. She then fully turns to Sona and Del, who are prepared for whatever Brad's mood might be right now. She calls him out of his ball, and is met with a frowny stare as always. "We're gonna need your help. I think that Muk's got something stuck in it, and we need to massage it out once it's recovered enough. We need your Psybeams."

She looks at it, her eyes serious. Out of all her mons, Brad's definitely the most bratty one, and she doesn't call him out of the ball often. Upon looking into his eyes, she should change that, probably ... "Thank you."

It seems like Brad's got a big portion of understanding for the Muk's situation, and he trots over. Jon's attempts at getting the Muk to Belch have been unsuccessful, but he still keeps trying. "I think it's looking and smelling better now! Del and who can, let's set up a barrier of Protect and other shields. Brad's gonna Psybeam the Muk and hopefully force whatever's stuck out ..."

The Psybeams wouldn't hurt in the traditional sense - Cass just hopes that it will work like a massage, just like she intended.