Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,016 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 22:51:24 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Standing on the outskirts of Mossdeep, Greyson couldn't help but be impressed on the recovery efforts taken place since his and 's battle against Kyogre.

There was still work to be done — always work to be done — but not a profound enough. At least, not profound enough to garner his attention, when the preparation for war was so heavily a priority.

Footsteps creak the wood of the pier beneath him and he half-turns to greet the newcomer.

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]MISSION

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]@
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 23:14:02 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Apprehension filled her. She was still exhausted from running all over Hoenn these past few weeks for rescue and recovery missions on civilians caught up in poisonous attacks and terrains. She dished out so much medicine and kicked so many poison pokemon asses that she saw it all whenever she closed her eyes. She needed a solid eight hours of sleep.

But things were buzzing. Word was that Rocket was amping up for a big attack. The details weren't known -- or at least, weren't shared with her. She couldn't afford to drag behind when she had commitments to Hoenn to upkeep. "Hey!" She shouted from the pier, waving obnoxiously. "Long time, no see," she greeted, though it wasn't true. She wouldn't forget their assault on the DRK Triad base in area zero for a while.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,016 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 23:44:23 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He smiles at the approaching Ranger, though it lacks the exuberance of their first meeting. In fact the gravitas befitting a member of the Elite Four is dulled, shown in the ever-so sag of his shoulders, and slump in his spine; nevertheless, he greets the woman.

"Robin." Last they'd seen each other they were attacking a DRK Triad encampment. The memory itself was fuzzy, as if it'd been a different person's, but Greyson remembers the core parts of their conversation.

"Looks like you've taken my words to heart."

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 17:03:44 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She hopes he's been doing better since last time. "Of course! I even got my first gym badge." She grins ear to ear and pulls out her Rotom phone: the lockscreen is an image of the badge in her hand. "I have been training in combat a lot. Annalise got me started on thinking outside the box, and I really put it to the test at the Dewford gym." Everyone around her had been trying to prepare her for the dark reality of Rocket. It was about time she started listening.

She puts her hands on her hips to sass him. "I hope you've been taking it easy! Stressing out all the time is bad for the heart." She places a hand on her chest emphatically. When her hand drops, it brushes across Sinistea's pokeball on her hip and the ghost releases. Robin relaxes a little more. She's had Sinistea by her side almost constantly, but especially since the ghost got into her bag full of crystals - which she later realized were actually tera shards. "I also learned about tera since we met," she says while leaving out the 'the hard way' part. She wasn't known for paying attention to Ranger lessons. She learned better in the field.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,016 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 2:31:48 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Her energy was infectious and it helps to settle the growing tension in his chest.

Annalise's nearly crumbles all of that, but he pushes through with blunt force to continue smiling.

"Dewford?" He racks his mind for the name, then his eyes widen slightly. "'s, huh? Don't get too cocky now. He'll likely be a harder opponent by the time you get up to our level."

He chuckles, nodding along to his next statement.

"But good job. On the badge, on the tera, and on beginning your first steps to the greater whole."

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 20:57:27 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She fought the urge to roll her eyes as he talked about their level. So he was still happy to tease her, huh? She'd rub it in his face when she was above him.

"The tera stuff has been cool. I think Sinistea didn't take all the crystals so well, though. She sometimes terastilizes into something that doesn't look like one of the typings. I'm not sure how to explain it." It was very neat, but she wasn't sure what the impact of it was. She would need to book time with a League scientist. Not that she felt good about subjecting Sinistea to such tests. She shook her head to rid the thought. "Anyways. Why'd you pick a pier to meet? Are we going for a swim?"

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,016 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 22:49:19 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Did she mean the STELLAR type? He knew very little of the phenomenon — after all, he only had a few Tera shards himself — but she wouldn't be the first to have come upon the strange new form.

Greyson gives her a coy smile.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out."

There's a noticeable shift in tension at her question. Shoulders stiffen and straighten, Greyson's gaze hardening as he focuses entirely on Robin. This demanded his full attention and nothing less.

"Sootopolis is under Rocket control. If you take out the League's Headquarters, Mossdeep is the next closest city." He lets out a small breath. "Our job is to ensure that should they attack this city they regret each and every step they take. What we do here can the difference between life, and death, for the civilians that live here."

"Do you understand what's at stake?"

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 22:58:34 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She smirked. She would do more than figure it out; Sinsitea would harness the odd power and use it against Greyson! She would totally pwn him. That'd teach him to be such a doubter.

Of course, she sobered as he brought up grim circumstances. But she was also confused. Rocket could attack anyone at anytime, which is why Rangers had to be on alert constantly. Mossdeep was always a potential target. For him to mention it now and with urgency left her with two possible explanations: he was suffering from paranoia (which didn't seem unlikely based on his behavior with the DRK triad base) or there were whispers of Rocket preparing for a large attack and he knew it, but wasn't sharing the details.

"Greyson," she said carefully, "what's going on?" She was game to build defenses for the city or to try and set up some system for discreet and quick information, particularly if everyone was thinking an attack might be imminent and that quick information could be the difference between thousands of lives being saved or not.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,016 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 1:12:45 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"Nothing," he says with all the authority of someone ushering their child to bed, and to ask no more questions.

However, Robin was a grown woman who could easily put pieces together.

"Do you remember what I told you back at the Chasm? Once you take a step into this war, you will find it nearly impossible to back out. This is it. This is the war. The DRK Triad. Megalopolans. Team Rocket." And even some of the more influential members of the League. He leaves that bit out, however.

"We have nothing credible. We'll prepare nevertheless. The second you get comfortable they—" kidnap and torture your loved ones "—will strike. I'll ask you again. Do you understand what's at stake?"

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 15:08:20 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She didn't answer immediately. She was used to the spiel; he and Navy had walked her through the dangers of the real world more than once. She wanted to brush it off as mounting paranoia given Greyson's state last time, but he also had access to information she couldn't imagine. Pressure was rising in the region. She did have to prepare more to be ready for it. These things were objectively true.

So, the best course of action was to relent. "Yes, I get what's at stake. It's everything." Losing territory to Rocket would only snowball to worse fates, not to mention the destruction and loss of life that such a takeover meant for the civilians there. "What do you want to do about it right now? Are we running a drill? Or did you want to walk me through what to expect if they do it? The details of Rocket's last assault on any territory isn't public knowledge."

Whether they tried to take a property down from the inside and outside simultaneously, if they tried for total air control before an assault, whether their attacks were coordinated on multiple fronts or if it was just utter chaos... the Rocket playbook was not known to her. She was in the dark about how Rocket liked to lay siege.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,016 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 22:42:55 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"You tell me."

If Robin was to be the future of the League he needed her to understand certain concepts; certain truths.

"I'm curious on your thoughts, Robin. Do you think there's such a thing as too much security?"

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 22:51:57 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She huffed as he questioned her. Security and freedom were sometimes inverse values. She remembered her older siblings complaining about how much freedom she had because her parents didn't require her to do excess check-ins or abide by strict curfews. Robin had argued the abundance of freedom was a lack of care of her safety, though it had fallen on deaf ears.

But was it fair to attribute such a simple inverse relationship on something as large and complex as a city?

"Security that is too strict could flag civilians minding their business as suspicious. That's why there aren't a lot of cities or even buildings with automated or programmed security. It's hard to account for people being, y'know, people." If not automated, even an overabundance of guards placed around a location could kill the happiness of its people. "People can't live in a prison just because bad things can happen when they step outside."

She hoped Greyson agreed.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,016 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 22:58:05 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He doesn't confirm or deny if he shares her viewpoint. That would be too easy.

"So, what is the alternative? Team Rocket doesn't care about any personal freedom aside from their own, and they're willing to do whatever it takes to ensure it."

His gaze is neutral but beneath those violet orbs hatred simmers.

"How do we beat them?"

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
477 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 23:14:22 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She sputters. "I - what do you - what are you looking for?" Is she supposed to have the answer for beating Rocket? He has to be building up to something. Or he's testing her. And damn it, she has passed so many tests already! When do they stop?

"We beat Rocket by not giving up," she answers heatedly, then regrets it. The answer is stupid, canned, too predictable. "We outnumber Rocket. They're willing to go further than we are, to drop to new lows we can't touch, but that doesn't mean they have upper hand. We have home court advantage, which opens us up to better tactics on the street level."

She considers what else they would need for leverage. Better numbers, better trainers, better motivation... But Rocket would cut corners and cut throats to win; worse still, they might not NEED anything in Mossdeep and might be claiming it just for territory, meaning they would be willing to destroy it if they can't have it.

"We need to surprise them. Home court advantage means we can establish traps and defenses, while they can only go on the offensive."

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,016 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
g r o u n d i n g
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 0:13:07 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Greyson smiles. It's soft, and sympathetic.

"A decent answer to an entirely unfair question."

Simplistic in his motions, Greyson removes and expands a Pokéball. It fills his palm even as he lowers his hand to his side.

"The truth is that question has plagued League operatives, and leadership since this entire thing started. Since Kanto. If you ever do find the answer? Be sure to let me know."

A nudging of his head aims to turn her attention to the water.

"We'll start preparations here. I'm thinking we make create an underwater net of sorts — something we can pull taut and clog rudders when the ships begin pulling into the port" A harsh reality would endeavor to ensure this fear would one-day turn into a reality. Rocket, no doubt, would help to that end as well.

"Perhaps line the seabed with stone spikes. Things like that. Thoughts?"

[/newclass]