WRITE REPLY

One For Reuniting, And One For The Tale!

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

Troji

She/Her
May 2nd
Castelia City
Homosexual/Saphic
Artist
Civilian
6'0" height
6'0" height
“I don't judge, not even myself.”
awards
5 posts
part of
TAG WITH @snes2014
Daichi Toyokuni
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 0:35:16 GMT
Daichi Toyokuni Avatar

When one finds themself in an island region surrounded by ocean, you can expect that most of the cuisine takes heavy influence from the bounty of the sea just within reach. For many this is a wonderful thing, but for the pallet of a foreigner of a mostly landlocked area, Daichi has been cursed with a lack of drive to eat seafood all the time. Naturally, walking through Lillycove in the afternoon about an hour after typical dinner-rush time, Daichi's hunger can no longer be ignored, and while resting in the poke-center to let her little companions have a check-up, a poster catches her eye... [break][break]

Daichi gathers her pokeballs, and makes way for the place on the poster she saw which advertised foreign food- Likely catering to locals who want something different, sure, but a slightly homesick Unovan can surely help themself, right?[break][break]

Daichi enters the Restaurant with an air of grace, brushing a few stray hands away from her face as a couple shuffles past her to leave, having finished their meal. Daichi gives a small hum as she sees that the majority of those inside are either already eating, or finishing up themselves. It seems that the greenette has arrived just at the tail end of when it was busy...[break][break]

The girl takes her seat, and waits patiently for an order taker, not bothering to even look at the menu. "I'm from Unova, tell the chef to surprise me with something from the big city of Castellia." She requests.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 5:43:53 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg3"]

[attr="class","header"]REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

[attr="class","setting"]

It was near the end of the rush, which meant at the moment there were more people leaving than there were placing orders. Soon he would be content to take his break and allow one of his fellow chefs to take over his station. At the moment, though, he was happier to do some cooking, even if he hadn’t taken a break since opening the restaurant for the day.
[break][break]
Still, with it becoming more lax with the rush ending, he was dealing more with cutting up ingredients than the actual cooking. Despite his lack of sight, cutting ingredients didn’t pose much of a problem, so he often chose to do it when things weren’t so busy, as long as his immediate attention wasn’t needed.
[break][break]
He was just about ready to start mincing some onions when he was told of an order for some Unovan cuisine. How curious? Especially considering he was told to surprise the customer. However, the most surprising thing was that the customer was apparently from Castelia, his own hometown.
[break][break]
How curious indeed!
[break][break]
Was this someone he knew? Or was it simply a coincidence to be serving someone from his old hometown?
[break][break]
Without saying anything, he left one of the other chefs working under him to mince the onions as he got to work on the order. As a former Unovan, it made the most sense for him to prepare the woman’s order. Though not before ensuring the waiter went to get her drink order, which would consist of soft drinks, water, homemade sweet tea, or homemade lemonade.
[break][break]
The dish he chose was a traditional one from his homeland. One that had required him to pay shipping fees since it required some of the ingredients to be imported. But in the end, it was always worth it. It's worth it to feed someone a true Unovan dish.
[break][break]
Once finished, he would have the waiter flagged down where he would take the food to the customer.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + hope this post is better than I think it is. Wrote part of it before bingo and part of it after bingo so I’m a bit iffy

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg3 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Troji

She/Her
May 2nd
Castelia City
Homosexual/Saphic
Artist
Civilian
6'0" height
6'0" height
“I don't judge, not even myself.”
awards
5 posts
part of
TAG WITH @snes2014
Daichi Toyokuni
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 13:34:55 GMT
Daichi Toyokuni Avatar

Patiently waiting on her food, Daichi sips on her water as she looks around the establishment. Her red eyes stop to take in the composition of the floors, seating, any decorum they may have, the paint on the walls, the placements of the windows and even the lighting. And through it all, she could simply call the place..."quaint". 

Once her food arrives, Daichi doesn't hold any formalities to begin eating aside from wiping her glasses with a cloth to remove some slight fogging caused from the freshly made, steaming hot meal. It was certainly a familiar dish to her, but something else about it caught her attention that she couldn't quite pin down. "Oh." She exclaims upon taking her first bite. 

"The Battle Café in Castelia had this." She says with a tone of surprise. It was incredibly close, as well. It could have certainly been a coincidence, but some random Hoenn native replicating a dish like this while reading a cook book was slim to none. Contemplating how she could sate her curiosity, she finishes her food, and waves a waiter over. 

"Can I talk to the chef, please?" she asks with a small smile, leaning into her hand as it props up against the table. 
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 21:10:35 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg3"]

[attr="class","header"]REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

[attr="class","setting"]

“It just so happens he is about to go on his break, so I’ll send him right out,” the waiter would tell Dachi upon being flagged down. After ensuring that was all she wanted of him, the waiter would go do as she asked him.
[break][break]

[break][break]
Shin had just entered the break room when Travis told him that he was needed. Apparently, a customer had specifically requested to meet him. The same customer had requested Unovan cuisine. Intrigued, he thanked the waiter and was about to head out when he thought of something.
[break][break]
“Hey Travis How full is the restaurant?”
[break][break]
“Not too full, sir,” the waiter stated before continuing. “So navigating shouldn’t prove to be too much of a problem.”
[break][break]
“Thank you,” he simply said before walking out, forgoing his cane as he made his way to the dining area. After being directed to the right table, he approached the woman with a warm smile.
[break][break]
“Hello, I was told you requested to see the chef who cooked your dish; that would be me. Was everything to your liking?” He asked, his tone soft but still high enough that she would have no trouble hearing him over the patrons that remained.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + forgot before but he pins his bangs back while he works

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg3 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights