august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
stop, berry time
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2019 3:25:36 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silpl-LEAGUE"]
[attr="class","silpl"]
[attr="class","silpl-top-1"]

[attr="class","silpl-top"]

[attr="class","silpl-icon"]

[attr="class","silpl-lyric"]if i lose

[attr="class","silpl-lyric1"]i want you to take my hand and help me win

[attr="class","silpl-post"]

mateo was called out to help a farmer. she was an old woman who recently became a widow. they were here to help her harvest. someone else was suppose to come assist mateo, but he wasn't aware as to whom. but this wasn't his first rodeo helping this woman.

[break][break]

if anything, she made mateo blush. she had such a motherly nature to her. mateo awaited outside of her home, in front of her house, for the person who was to come assist him in harvesting berries for the old woman. the old woman wanted to stay and greet the assistant, but mateo told her it was fine and to go take a nap. so she did.

[break][break]

for now he sat upon a rocking chair. waiting for his partner to come help. such a simple request, this was going to be pretty easy. he wondered what they were like. hoenn had some kooky characters.

[break][break]

[break][break]

mission: berry patch kids
[break]
note: let's pick some berries, fight off some honchkrow, and drink some pink lemonade after. y'know, help this old lady out.

[attr="class","silpl-pkmn"]

[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-a"]

[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-a-1"]
[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-a-img"]

dragonite

[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-bar"]

charizard

sceptile

altaria

alakazam

druddigon

[attr="class","silpl-notes"]
@open mission

[newclass=.silpl]border:solid 3px #363636;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;overflow:hidden;position:relative;text-align:justify;color:#aaaaaa;width:294px;padding:50px;margin:35px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-top-1]height:90px;width:394px;background-color:#2b2b2b;margin:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-top]height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 40px #2b2b2b;border-left:solid 197px #2b2b2b;border-right:solid 197px transparent;border-bottom:solid 40px transparent;margin:50px -50px -115px -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-icon]position:relative;z-index:1;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#333333;border:solid 2px #272727;border-radius:100%;border-top:solid 2px #eeeeee;margin:0px auto 15px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-icon img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-lyric]text-align:center;font:30px Roboto;font-weight:800!important;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;letter-spacing:-1.5px;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-lyric1]text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 10px Roboto Condensed;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#595959;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post]font:11px Roboto;padding:25px 0px;line-height:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post font]font:bold 15px Roboto;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding:0px 3px;letter-spacing:-.5px;line-height:13px;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post b]font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:13px;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post i]color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn]height:44px;margin:0px -6px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a, .silpl-pkmn-b]width:40px;padding:6px 2px;height:32px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;float:left;margin-right:6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a]cursor:pointer;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a img]filter:contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-b img]filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1]pointer-events:none;opacity:0;position:absolute;padding:15px;border-radius:3px;background-color:#2b2b2b;height:25px;margin-top:54px;width:264px;-webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.3s ease; -o-transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-img]height:65px;width:65px;margin:-20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-img img]max-height:65px;filter:contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1]font:bold 15px Roboto;color:#595959;line-height:10px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b]font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:10px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-bar]margin-left:65px;background-color:#272727;padding:1px;border-radius:3px;margin-top:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-bar div]height:5px;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-notes]padding:15px;border-radius:3px;background-color:#2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-notes div]height:25px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-lyric, .silpl-ROCKET .silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b, .silpl-ROCKET .silpl-post font]color:#716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-pkmn-bar div]background-color:#716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-icon]border-top:solid 2px #716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-lyric, .silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b, .silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-post font]color:#dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-pkmn-bar div]background-color:#dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-icon]border-top:solid 2px #dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl] }.silpl-pkmn-a:hover + .silpl-pkmn-a-1, .silpl-pkmn-a-1:hover { opacity:1;pointer-events:auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
stop, berry time
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2019 19:32:15 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

As a gardener herself, one that prided themselves on the endeavor even, Isra couldn't help but want to aid another that was having a hard time. Heck she had hoped that maybe she could talk with the owner of the farm in particular and gets some first hand advice on the act of berry growing. Previously she has mostly engulfed herself in flowers and one can only do so much research. Piles of words on paper were nothing compaired to the words of an elder.

That is not what she finds as she approaches the the home in question. She looks just as much one of the 'Kooky' characters of Hoenn as he might have expected. Her too long dress covers her body all the way to her heeled boots that barely peak out from below the hem. The gloves match the dress and the delicate white gives way to lace that reaches up her arm to cover it and the giant sunhat is big enough to keep her shoulders from touching the sun.

The mildly larger than average Hydreigon loom behind her helped as well, situating himself to cast a shadow over her and keep her from being roasted by the light of day and the parasol hanging off her arm would serve an extra aid should she need it.

"I'm assuming you're not the owner, are you the other here to help her then?" Isra asks from in front of the porch, a slight tilt to her head and mild curiosity in her eyes.

:D

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
stop, berry time
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2019 23:34:53 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silpl"]

she was an unexpected guest. mateo watched as the maiden clad in white graced his presence. she emitted a radiant glow of elegance. he taken aback to learn that someone like this woman wielded a hydreigon, one of the most ferocious dragon-type known to man. especially considering it was, too, a dark-type. he was smitten by the power radiating from it.

[break][break]
he blushed.

[break][break]

"u-uh..." he was taken aback. unsure of what to say at first, but eventually the question came to his mind. "oh! u-uh yeah, she went to sleep for a bit. the garden's in the back. she's a pretty old woman who calls for help every now and then." mateo explained. opening the door, he'd add, "we can head on through here and to the garden."

[break][break]

as he guided the female and her hydreigon. he'd introduce himself, while looking ahead, "o-oh, by the way, the name's mateo!" turning to look over his shoulder, he'd give a grin. "you can leave the guard duty to me. we just needed someone to help with the berry harvesting. whenever i do it i..." he thought about the last time he did. it was a bit aggressive. sloppy, plus he accidentally ruined it while trying to fight off a bunch of honchkrow and overdid it.

[break][break]

"let's just say it's not a pleasant picture." mateo stated.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
note: p-powerful, blushu.

dragonite

charizard

sceptile

altaria

alakazam

druddigon

[newclass=.silpl]border:solid 3px #363636;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;overflow:hidden;position:relative;text-align:justify;color:#aaaaaa;width:294px;padding:50px;margin:35px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-top-1]height:90px;width:394px;background-color:#2b2b2b;margin:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-top]height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 40px #2b2b2b;border-left:solid 197px #2b2b2b;border-right:solid 197px transparent;border-bottom:solid 40px transparent;margin:50px -50px -115px -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-icon]position:relative;z-index:1;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#333333;border:solid 2px #272727;border-radius:100%;border-top:solid 2px #eeeeee;margin:0px auto 15px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-icon img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-lyric]text-align:center;font:30px Roboto;font-weight:800!important;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;letter-spacing:-1.5px;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-lyric1]text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 10px Roboto Condensed;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#595959;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post]font:11px Roboto;padding:25px 0px;line-height:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post font]font:bold 15px Roboto;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding:0px 3px;letter-spacing:-.5px;line-height:13px;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post b]font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:13px;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a, .silpl-pkmn-b]width:40px;padding:6px 2px;height:32px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;float:left;margin-right:6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1]pointer-events:none;opacity:0;position:absolute;padding:15px;border-radius:3px;background-color:#2b2b2b;height:25px;margin-top:54px;width:264px;-webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.3s ease; -o-transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-img]height:65px;width:65px;margin:-20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-img img]max-height:65px;filter:contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1]font:bold 15px Roboto;color:#595959;line-height:10px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b]font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:10px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-bar]margin-left:65px;background-color:#272727;padding:1px;border-radius:3px;margin-top:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-bar div]height:5px;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-notes]padding:15px;border-radius:3px;background-color:#2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-notes div]height:25px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-lyric, .silpl-ROCKET .silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b, .silpl-ROCKET .silpl-post font]color:#716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-pkmn-bar div]background-color:#716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-icon]border-top:solid 2px #716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-lyric, .silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b, .silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-post font]color:#dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-pkmn-bar div]background-color:#dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-icon]border-top:solid 2px #dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl] }.silpl-pkmn-a:hover + .silpl-pkmn-a-1, .silpl-pkmn-a-1:hover { opacity:1;pointer-events:auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
stop, berry time
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2019 6:28:58 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

There's a small chuckle to meet his amazement. It wins her over just a little if only because it is not a reaction she's terribly used to. People seem to either fear the dragon or simply choose to avoid it all together. He's been her companion so long she often forgets the reputation the dragon's hold. To her he's more of a cuddle bug than a dragon.

He moves to guide them through, this Mateo and her dragon murmurs something almost like a whine. She knows it better than that though, it is a question. She has taught him self control and calmness but she has never dulled his instinct. He trusts the hand on his neck that tells him it's alright. It is fine. He quiets and follows close behind her. "I see, I do not blame her." It was still a shame she wouldn't get to speak with the woman.

The man was not unfamiliar to her and the need for introduction wasn't really needed, a face she'd surely seen in recent news or elsewhere but Isra did not treat that as knowing. "My name is Isra, a pleasure to meet you." she returns thee courtesy with a delicateness that fits her image and the soft taping of her heels as she follows him. she lets him speak a moment, hand slipping from her dragon's side to let him drift where it fit him best for the moment.

"Guard duty." she grins and there's something sly and amused there. "If that's what you prefer then I will leave it to you, just worry about the berries. I have a guard more than capable of taking care of me." she pats the dragon again before reaching for two of her pokeballs. The Gardevoir and Banette would do fine to aid in gathering berries and a quick string of whistles tells them what to do.

"Leave the berries to us." she winks, because it seems fitting.

he's cute lol

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
stop, berry time
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2019 1:44:05 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silpl"]

"o-of course!" turning his back on her, he'd blush with an intense red. "it's not like i expect you to not do anything. the many women i've met in my life are pretty strong. i don't think i've ever met a weak or m-meek woman, idjit!" uttering his usual habit. mateo, continued, "b-b-besides, you have a hydreigon. women who're capable of raising dragons are more than capable of handling themselves!!" turning around, he'd point, "i've extreme and utter faith in your abilities, so don't you forget that!"
[break][break]

without realizing what he'd just said. his partner, dragonite, would come landing from the sky before the group. standing behind mateo in confusion as to what was going on. dragonite, merrily, greeted the newcomers. "o-oh! dragonite!" turning to face his partner, he'd ask, "i'm guessing the parameters secured?" dragonite, with a cry, nodded.

[break][break]

"nice!" guard duty was under control--for now. turning back toward , mateo was curious, "you seem pretty comfortable to do farm work, isra." it was unexpected. women like her didn't really seem like the type to get their hands dirty. so it was a bit surprising, then again there were many women back home who were into gardening. so it wasn't uncommon, perhaps mateo just had a different look toward hoenn women. isra did have quite the appearance of a high-class woman.

[break][break]

[break]
note: p-powerful, blushu.

dragonite

charizard

sceptile

altaria

alakazam

druddigon

[newclass=.silpl-post b]font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:13px;color:#dddddd;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
stop, berry time
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2019 8:08:26 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

he seems like he's trying a little too hard and it makes Isra laugh. but not in the mean way, she's amused and thinks it nice even if it's not needed at all. Isra is not the type to need such reassurances in her own strength or whatever else his ridiculousness was supposed to get across. Isra wasn't entirely sure what he was going on about really, but it was easier to let it roll off her than try to decipher it today.

Isra begins combing through the berries, seeking the ones that look ripe enough for harvest while she answers his nonsense. "I have a garden at home." she explains. "Mostly flowers but i grow several berries myself for pokemon treats and dishes. I'm not very good at making them, my housekeep is, but I do well at growing them for her to use instead." it was a long standing agreement between the two. So long as Isra grew them she would use them, and so long as Isra had her meal prepped the woman would cook it for her. And it gave her a way to make the Amelia's life just a little bit easier.

"And what about you? it sounds like berry picking is not something you're suited for yet here you are." Isra doesn't look at him, focused on her work and supervising her pair of pokemon. She speaks clearly and loudly enough for him to hear her without yelling, keeping her tone even and graceful.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
stop, berry time
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2019 3:26:02 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silpl"]

what a stupid question he asked. as she spoke, he was too busy palming his forehead. he was such an idiot, an embarrassment. what was he thinking?! though, quickly, he got his act together when she spoke of him.

[break][break]

"me? huh? oh!" that's right, he asked a question. scratching the back of his head, he'd respond, "well, no reason! i'm not exactly good at harvesting. the old woman just reminded me of my grandmother is all, since then i offer to help her chase the grows away every now and again." thinking back upon his first meeting with the old woman, he'd smile.

[break][break]

"i usually leave one of my toughest dragons with her to act as a guard. they're all pretty much used to sleeping outdoors and stuff, so they don't mind being on watch 24/7!" plus, they liked the old woman's cooking. "her poffins seem to liven' them up. she was able to get garchomp under control in just one sitting--saw it with my own eyes!" then again, that bastard was just a greedy dragon.

[break][break]

while mateo spoke. dragonite kept watch. successfully making sure that no flying-type, bug, or snake-like pokemon invaded their garden.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
note: <3 !!

dragonite

charizard

sceptile

altaria

alakazam

druddigon

@open mission

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
stop, berry time
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2019 3:02:43 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra scolds her banette for trying to sneak a bite with a sharp whistle and a stern look. He grimaces at himself, mocks her a little and returns to gathering the ripened berries. She doesn't miss a beat though and hear's Mateo loud and clear as he answers her question.

"I'm sure she appreciates it, I'm surprised she doesn't have more pokemon of her own around the place to help her." she muses, more as a curiosity than anything else. Though she can't blame the woman either having not seen her yet. It's very possible she's simply too old to really care for more than one or two of her own now. Though if she handles a dragon well enough...

regardless. "Garchomp can be a rough pokemon to handle, but I suppose with age she's learned well enough." she chuckles, amused. Many have trouble with dragon pokemon but she's never understood how. They're not nearly as troublesome and people seem to think they are. At least not to her. "Fondness for dragons then?" he did say one of this toughest dragons, she imagines there's a reason for it and having something to talk about passes the time as she and her pair of pokemon wonder through the berry patch.

Her own dragon follows her closely, calm and mellow as he stands guard amongst them.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
stop, berry time
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2019 15:33:01 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
"yeah, old people can be pretty scary..." his stomach churned at the thought of his grandfather. "honestly, me too, i never asked her why though." it did always plague the back of his mind. why didn't she have pokemon of her own? she doesn't hate them as far as he was aware. "maybe she did once upon a time. whether something happened to them or not, it's a subject i never knew how to bring up." scratching the nape of his neck. the question made him a bit uneasy.

"with all these pokemon roaming about i don't think any of the pests are planning to sneak in." thank god this mission was a successful one. he didn't want to have to make up a lie as to how her crops were ruined. "oh! thanks for doing this again, isra! i hope it wasn't much of a hassle." mateo stated.

he felt bad he couldn't be of better use. "ah! how about you let me make you and your pokemon something good to eat. after all, you put in the most work. the least i could do is thank you guys with something tasty." a beaming smile given. he was happy to be of service to his new comrades.

note: take us home!

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
stop, berry time
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2019 7:41:12 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"She may have decided she's too old, and it's time to let it go." she says it under her breath because it is a sad thought. It is a mortal thought, a mortal belief and an acceptance the young are always resistant to. She is old, she will die one day, and who will take her pokemon if she is not there for them any longer?

Isra looks back up at the house with solemn smile because she has a feeling that is a part of it. She half listens to the exuberant individual she has been working with and starts to chuckle at the sheer contrast of it all. It hits her hard as such things always do and she has to cover her mouth to keep keep from laughing too much.

She shakes her head when she turns to him. "It wasn't any trouble at all. I enjoyed it..." she trails off for a moment though, ton contemplate his offer because she's a horrible cook. Well not horrible just very impatient. She has too hard a time with it. "But I'm never one to pass up a meal, and besides my housekeep will enjoy taking a break from the kitchen." She grins, nodding her confirmation that they will meet again over dinner.

>>I think we did it