6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2019 18:33:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
today was a hang-out-with-stormy day. he always comes whenever he's requested to hang out or something, though people do not seem to do that often, which was nice cause he wasn't always in the mood for it. he was in the mood for it for today, however.

they were just about to end the day after their lunch date when kyle hears a voice from one of the alleys of lavaridge. though a resident of hoenn for the longest time, lavaridge was one of the places he rarely gets to visit. kyle starts to wonder if this was a normal occurrence for the town since he knows this wasn't the case for every other city in the region.

he stops from the stroll he's taking with stormy, eyes fixated on the alley. "these alleys... is that normal for your town to have creepy alleys?" he finally asks the town's gym leader. it asks a question again, the voice unsettling kyle for an unknown reason. he turns to stormy for her response, unsure on how to tackle the situation.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2019 2:54:42 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Today was a hang-out-with-Kyle day, the kind of day that came far too rarely. The both of them lead busy, important lives, and she hadn't been able to formally congratulate him for being elected one of the Elite Four alongside Bailey, Persephone and Mateo. [break][break]

She had asked him out to lunch, eager to shoot the shit and see how he had been doing since their last interaction. They had had a brief interaction courtesy of close-quarters at the recent costume party but hadn't had time to formally catch up. So, she had made it a point to invite him out to do something with her.[break][break]

She stops short of her tour with Kyle when he interrupts her. For a moment her bubble of irritation flares as he quickly changes topic from her explanation of the local hot springs to some weird interjection about creepy alleyways.[break][break]

"Man, I don't know? Were you not listening to me at all?"[break][break]

Taking a breath, however, she quickly realises that some unnerving sense of dread had settled in and there almost seemed to be spooky smoke coming out from the alleyway next to them. She frowns, whatever thoughts about the hot springs gone and replaced with confusion.[break][break]

"I mean? Maybe? I can't honestly say I spend a lot of time exploring the not-so-pretty places in Lavaridge."[break][break]

She squints as she takes a step into the alley, hands on her hips. There's a whisper in the air that almost sounds like a question. It's asking her to choose a colour: red or blue.[break][break]

"Wait a second, Kyle, do you hear that? I think it's asking us something but I can't quite make it out. Or am I just losing my mind?"[break][break]

Maybe she'd had a glass too much wine tonight.

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2019 15:27:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

it's usually on passages that hide in plain site where the secret bosses or hidden treasures lie on the video games he has played. this wasn't one of them, but the logic remains in him and he finds it hard to differentiate in-game logic with real world logic some of the times.

"red or blue," he repeats the words for stormy. "i think it's asking us your favorite color."

he stares at the alley, leg twitching and feet tapping rhythmically on the ground as he contemplates on whether he should go investigate it or not. he knows not to do it though, cause that'll be rude for the person he's accompanying with. still, he remains fixated on the strange part of the city they've stumbled upon on.

kyle turns to stormy, and then back to the alley, and then back to her. his shoulders give way to a shrug, unsure on how to tackle the situation. this was strange and creepy among other words to describe it, but it was also good, clean fun he supposed. "i don't really have any favorite color though. i'll let you pick which one," he tells stormy.

"maybe there's a camera somewhere. i recommend acting cute as you answer."

bzNKDVpE

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2019 22:49:21 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Her hands move from her hips to wrapped around her torso as a cool breeze cools her skin. She shivers, but she isn't sure if it's due to the sudden cold or because she's on edge. [break][break]

Kyle repeats the words that she was sure she had heard but wasn't sure she wanted to admit to hearing. The hair on the back of her neck feels tense as she glances back over her shoulder to the man and his tapping foot.[break][break]

"You scared?"[break][break]

He shrugs and she mirrors it, unsure what to make of this awkward situation. When he admits he doesn't have a favourite colour she realises she'd already decided on 'red'. She furrows her brow, however, at his suggestion that she look cute for whatever hidden camera might be around.[break][break]

"Don't I always look cute? I really try to not look like a slob."[break][break]

She thinks hard about whether she really wants to choose a colour and what the consequences might be. Was there a wrong answer? Would they die on the spot of they chose wrong? She hated these kinds of mind games.[break][break]

"We choose red."[break][break]

She'd shrug again, taking a step back to stand next to Kyle, waiting for whatever boogeyman or clown was sure to pop out and shank them.

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]

6RgwTsFM
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2019 4:37:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
a tyrantrum

attacks!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

female - strong jaw[break]
rock slide / head smash / crunch / earthquake / ice fang / ancient power

A CURIOUS LOOP FORMS IN THE AIR before it enlarges dramatically. a snicker accompanies the expansion as a TYRANTRUM is seemingly tossed out like it were nothing. as the loop closes, the snicker seems to echo as the tyrantrum, confused and now, terrified by the non sequitur of its destination, unleashes a deafening roar. it attacks the first thing it sees: you two.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&[break] [break]
you may attempt to capture this pokemon /[break]leave a note in your mod requests when turning your mission in.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2019 3:56:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his voice is stern, eyes focused, muscles tensing. "get a pokemon out, stormy."

he finds it easier to move his body in response to his reaction times after his trip to johto. as soon as the tyrantrum appears, he readies himself to get away from it.

the moment the tyrantrum charges straight at them with head smash, kyle immediately lunges to the side, hands wrapping around stormy as he pushes the two of them away from the tyrantrum's path. he twists his body midair as they fall, using his body to cushion the gym leader's impact on the ground.

he releases her the moment they land, changing his position to sitting upright, and then scrambling backwards from it to make as much distance away from the tyrantrum.

eyes remained on the pokemon as he tried to get a feel for his surroundings. nearby passersby see the trouble and panic. screams sounded and people ran away from the scene. still, they had to contain the pokemon before it brings further damage to the area.

bK85gFVa
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2019 15:42:38 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

The way he gives her the order sends a chill down her spine. This might have been the first time she'd ever heard him sound so stern and intense. She glances over her shoulder, fingers reaching for a pokeball just as the Tyrantrum appears in the strange loop.[break][break]

Panic makes Stormy gasp as she takes a step back instinctively. The incredibly large and dangerous Pokemon appears confused and afraid, and charges towards them without hesitation. The deafening roar makes her ears ring and her head ache, but Kyle's arms wrap around her and she's suddenly winded on the ground, sitting on top of the man.[break][break]

"Thanks for the save, let's go!"[break][break]

She says as she's out of breath and getting back to her feet, not even bothering to brush off the dust. Her hand clutches a pokeball on her belt and she tosses it out to reveal a Bastiodon. The Pokemon's youth is obvious as it prances about, assuming Stormy has a stick to throw for it. Her aggressive gesture to the rampaging Tyrantrum stuns the fossil Pokemon into looking over his shoulder.[break][break]

"Sorry, buddy, but now isn't the time for a game of fetch, we've got a scared dino to trap and calm down!"[break][break]

She points at the target and the Bastiodon settles into seriousness. He bellows, taunting the Tyrantrum into attacking him instead of the civilians who are continuing to scream and appear unsure how to defend themselves.[break][break]

"Run! Get the hell out of the way!"[break][break]

Stormy yells, waving her hands aggressively to encourage them to evacuate. Meanwhile, the wild Pokemon has turned to face Bastiodon and he hunkers down, presenting his wide forehead for impact. The Tyrantrum's head smash connects hard with Bastiodon's iron head and the two skid backwards a bit as a result of the impact.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2019 15:32:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
stormy buys him enough time to get away from the pokemon and throw a pokeball in the air to aid the bastiodon. the iconic black figure appears from the ball, landing on the beast from midair. "do your job, delta!" kyle commands it before running towards the alley.

the mightyena clings onto the tyrantrum's back, claws digging onto its stony hide while it fights for superiority against its clash with stormy's own prehistoric pokemon. it climbs over its head until he's on its crown, hanging his head upside down from its peak to match his eyes with the tyrantrum's.

its focus starts to move towards the mightyena on top of its head, attract slowly influencing the tyrantrum's mind. it starts to fight against the bastiodon less effectively, confused between the taunt and the infatuation it suddenly felt.

kyle uses the opportunity to go past the skirmish and towards the alley, where the voice once was. he uses his phone to light up every part of it, but finds nothing of significance. he turns to stormy right afterwards, finding it not the right moment to thoroughly investigate the portal where the tyrantrum came from, and watches what remains of the fight unfold.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2019 18:14:31 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Tyrantrum recoils, throwing it's head back in anger and surprise at how hard the Bastiodon's head was. Meanwhile, the shield-faced fossil Pokemon shakes debris from his face, shifting his weight and preparing for the next round. [break][break]

Fortunately, it doesn't come thanks to Kyle's quick thinking. One of his several Mightyena appear, launching himself onto the back of the dinosaur and using it's attract to distract and incapacitate the wild Pokemon. It works like a charm, making it nearly impossible for the beast to decide who to attack.[break][break]

Stormy glances back to see that Kyle has sprinted back towards the alley and she follows him out of her own curiosity. Bastiodon and Mightyena seemed to have handled the situation for the time being, granting the pair a moment to investigate.[break][break]

She turns back to the fight as Kyle does, only to find that Bastiodon has locked himself together with the Tyrantrum again, struggling against the immensity of the beast. The two separate for a moment but only because the Tyrantrum seemed to have changed targets. While thrashing to try and remove the dog from it's back, she turns to trample the humans. There seems to be no method to her madness, only desperation. It's likely she isn't even aware they're under foot.[break][break]

With a gasp, the woman dives for cover, only to see that Bastiodon had charged to intercept, using take down to throw the Tyrantrum to the ground. It writhes and panics, bellowing in rage and pain. Stormy, out of breath, waves to Kyle wildly.[break][break]

"Don't just stand there, catch it! We can't let this thing run wild!"[break][break]

Bastiodon does his best to keep the monster at bay, burying his shield head into the Pokemon's ribs to keep it pinned.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2019 18:23:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"o-oh, right."

he produces an empty pokeball from his pockets, readying to throw after stormy's bastiodon gives him the opening. throwing it like a baseball, the ball hits the downed tyrantrum squarely. in just a few seconds, the terror was contained within the tiny capsule.

the mightyena quickly takes it from the ground with his mouth and trots cheerfully towards kyle with it as if nothing happened. kyle lets him go unnoticed for a while, his curiosity about the event garnering his attention at that moment.

"you have any idea what this is?" he asks stormy.

while kyle doesn't believe in the supernatural, he starts to ponder on the possibilities. could any normal pokemon even transport a pokemon, let alone speak and ask a question? the question lingers in his mind, though he doesn't voice it out.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2019 18:30:02 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Kyle throws a pokeball, containing the fear that had made the air reek. Stormy breaths a sigh of relief, stretching out her back that had involuntarily been strained and battered in the confusion. She rubs her neck as Bastiodon slowly makes his way back to the group, shaking his head from time to time despite his exhaustion.[break][break]

She gives the Mightyena with the pokeball a brief glance, a small smile on her face, before turning back to face Kyle. He's asking her a question and she scratches her head, deep in thought. Nothing immediately comes to mind, but she's well aware that this isn't a dream.[break][break]

"Honestly? No idea. But it's definitely something we should be looking into, or at the very least, notifying the League about. I've never seen any Pokemon be able to make portals and force things through it, let alone force an entire Tyrantrum into a tiny alleyway."[break][break]

With a sigh, she brushes the dust off of her shirt and makes a weak effort to make herself look less disheveled.[break][break]

"Have you seen anything like this before?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2019 11:16:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he takes the pokeball from the mightyena and gestures for it towards the alley. he is met with a confused tilt of its head until kyle verbally says what he means.

"trace where the tyrantrum came from."

the mightyena perks his ears up while his tail wags softly as he finally gets the message. the canine starts to sniff around the now empty alley, looking for a trail that leads to where the wild pokemon came from. kyle takes the idle time to turn to stormy and respond.

"there's teleport, but i haven't seen it used this way." he tries to think about how to proceed with this thing, before heaving a sigh. "yeah, you're right about reporting this. i'm not sure how this would have ended if we weren't the ones that the voice asked a question to."

kyle brings out a phone, inputs a few words on notes in case he forgets to do it, and then returns it back to his pocket. his mightyena returns to kyle afterwards. the trainer receives no good information out of his pokemon.

"i'll send a report later, don't worry."
he flashes her a smile before turning around. his eyes goes to the crowds. "i'll leave you with calming down the crowd. see ya!" he escapes, leaving stormy with the subjectively more difficult task.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2019 15:19:08 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy watches the Mightyena take off with the pokeball with the intent to try and track where it came from. There's a slight lull in the conversation and in her thoughts before Kyle interrupts with an answer to her question.[break][break]

Oh. Right. Teleport was a thing. She furrows her brow, unconvinced just like Kyle that teleport was what had been used in this situation.[break][break]

"I'm relieved it was us who encountered this. I'd hate for a couple of regular civilians to have had to deal with this dino."[break][break]

She rubs the back of her neck anxiously as Bastiodon nudges his massive head under her hand. Like a dog, he seems to pant and grow excited - if a little weary and tired - at Stormy's scritching.[break][break]

Mightyena returns with nothing and Kyle makes a mad dash to leave, his words a blur and leaving Stormy stunned and confused as he takes off without her. Civilians clamber at her back, begging for information and rightfully enraged that such a dangerous Pokemon had been set free.[break][break]

"I-- uh--"[break][break]

One more glance is cast over her shoulder at the cowardly man, her eyes like flames or daggers at his back.[break][break]

"Everything is under control, you don't need to worry. We handled the situation and we'll be looking into the cause of it as soon as possible. For now, just stay alert and stay safe, I have a feeling this won't happen again. It's probably a prank being pulled so close to Halloween."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
purple [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2019 3:51:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive 75 poke, 5 infamy, 1 shining dust.[break]
kyle captures the tyrantrum!