6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 18:33:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle hums to himself as he waits for noah to come get him at the entrance of the designated area for the festival proper. he drowns himself with music, air pods blocking the festive cheering and clamor of the crowd beyond. a houndour situates himself in between kyle's legs, acting as a guard to alert his trainer of anything suspicious in the surroundings.

he didn't wear anything flashy or easily recognizable among the crowd and simply texted their meeting place to noah, hoping he'll be able to find him easily. he wears a very familiar jacket on top of a poochyena shirt alongside jeans, which wasn't uncharacteristic for kyle to pick out as an outfit for an event such as this.

on his hand was a pamphlet containing a rundown of the events of the festival. his eyes lay on the map of the city on it, featuring the various attractions and stalls of the festival. he makes a list on his head of the things he'd like to visit. still, there was no certainty that he'll be able to hit all the places he had mentally marked.

noah was the one who intended for them to go. it was only fair for kyle to let him pick out the itinerary. the upside is that he doesn't have to stress about making sure noah's entertained.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 7:04:04 GMT
noah faber Avatar

to announce his arrival, noah does not bark or wag his hands with frantic pacing. on instead, he sends a photograph back. the notification on kyle's phone would reveal a thumbnail of his own self, standing in wait with a houndour sitting betwixt his legs.

another message bubbles up from below: "found u"

"hope i didn't keep you waiting too long!" noah launches his ambush, the text like a bush to hide behind. he surges forth, stopping before kyle like a tidal wave embracing a sea wall.

laughing, noah shuffles on to his knees as he rubs his hands all over kyle's houndour. "and you brought frey! you're a good boy, aren't you? standing guard for me..."

from below, noah grins wide, the vibrant color of his festival garb brightening his cheeks under pale moonlight.

"i know you don't normally dress up for this sort of thing, but i wanted to. for you." noah fingers comb against frey's ears as he lifts himself up. "and uh, like, if i get cold... i know how to warm myself up now."

his breath stammers, "s-so! food?! games? oh look, there's dancers too!"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 19:25:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
while he doesn't make any sound, the way his shoulders bunch up when noah comes to the view suddenly proves that his gimmick went accordingly as intended.

a hint of a smile appears on his expression with the interaction between noah and his houndour. it was pure enough that it completely makes his reaction to the following comment about warming up unexpected. kyle's face flushes, stammering on his words as memories come flooding in.

he tries not to comment about it though, in an attempt to stay cool and collected.

"i-i haven't been in this festival for years so i'm not sure what's the best thing to go for," he says. he guesses he must've been somewhere in high school the last time he attended this festival. he didn't have anyone to go with last year, after all. "so, uh, your choice."

he crosses his arm, tilting his head to the side.

"what do you want to do?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 17:32:28 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"for years? that's crazy." noah says, eyes oggling the menagerie of merryment dancing before them.

stalls line the district red with paper lanterns and bamboo shoots. the smell of alcohol and oily food teases the palate.

a cheeky grin carries his march forward and flashes at kyle as noah turns his head toward him. "and now, you're an elite four big shot... who's also crazy busy. must be hard. if you want to, you can step down and i'll take your place instead?"

he slinks back, his festival robes fluttering behind him like tails. after petting frey once, noah's hand seeks kyle's, fingers fluttering too, before they weave with the others.

"i saw a game they brought over from galar. 'snipe shot'. basically gun-shooting, but you're firing with inteleon finger-guns."

firmly, noah squeezes kyle's hand as if pulling a trigger. "i bet i can knock more prizes down than you."

ringing through the alley, the beginnings of a dragon dance begin to rile up the crowds.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 18:00:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i-i was at johto for a few years!" he reasons out. he doesn't know why he has to be defensive, but the situation just calls for it. his voice lowers as he adds the last part. "and it's not like i had people to go out with before."

the sudden grip on his hand was unexpected. it brings him to open his mouth from surprise. nothing comes forth until he decides that he's just going to let himself get dragged around by noah. he is unsure on how to operate his hand, fingers frozen as kyle fails to decide whether to hold onto it or not.

the shooting game piques his interest, however, and it is enough to get kyle talking once more.

"are you sure about that?" there is a certain smug tone that accompanies the challenging words. "i've worked for the slateport pd before, just so you know." it suggested gun training, but kyle fails to put it into words and hopes noah manages to figure it out.

he takes his phone out and snaps a pic of noah in costume as kyle lets himself get dragged. it's focused more on the houndour he's carrying, however.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 8:35:19 GMT
noah faber Avatar

before noah takes kyle's hand, he stops at the quiet utterance. his eyes shine brightly, and his cheeks tingle pink. within the soft, cotton sound of kyle's confession, noah plucks a gem of pride.

by the game stall, inteleon pistols line the wooden counter. ahead, rows prizes tied to bamboo shoots shine underneath golden lights. brilliant red strips of paper, adorned with yellow rattata designs stream from the ceiling. their attendant describes the rules of the game to other newcomers while they converse.

he huffs, "and i'm the machampion. just so you know." noah sets frey down, his paws tapping against the raised concrete floor. he pets the houndour's furry side with his leg.

as kyle takes a photo, noah takes a gun. its barrel is painted as an inteleon's lithe finger. on the counter, he leaves the cork that it would fire.

"hey," noah whispers, "so, i have a secret talent. i'll show you, if you want. it's pretty amazing, not gonna lie."

he waves the gun around like a stirring wand. noah sticks his tongue out, brows knitting together as he concentrates. his eyes scan across kyle's jacket, surveying... surveying... then he lunges forth with confidence, gun first. he presses the barrel of the gun against kyle's nipple in a guess for its location.

"gotcha." he grins smugly. "without actually looking."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 2:57:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it hits kyle. it didn't hit the place where noah intended it to hit, but it still hit kyle nonetheless.

"oof!"

hands clutched to his chest, more particularly, to where his heart was. he dramatically leans forward, pushing the gun deeper to his chest deliberately. "were you aiming for my heart?" the way he says it is vengeful, almost vindictive. he breaks to a cheeky smirk, winking once, before mellowing down to a smile.

his fingers wrap around the pistol and move it, arms guiding noah to the actual target. "show me how the machampion does it then." kyle taps his hand wit his, before moving towards the counter.

he grabs a pistol for himself, studying its weight and in his hands. it was much more different than a normal gun, especially if he factors in the ammo, that kyle wasn't quite confident anymore. still, it doesn't faze him as he challenges noah.

"and then i'll show you how a true elite four does it."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 4:28:45 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah curls back, the sudden glide of kyle's smirk making him sweat. he does not falter, however, his bullheaded tendencies guides his pistol. the tip of the barrel continues to seek its target, clumsily shifting from spot to spot like a nervous sniper's crosshairs.

"and if i was?" noah volleys back, nudging him once more before his weapon is redirected.

he narrows his eyes, scanning the rows for a prize worth his shot. noah shifts into kyle, nudging his body against his side like a pet seeking heat in sleep. furiously, he hides his blushing. his admiration swells from his stomach, reminding noah of the other's stature.

"okay, watch and learn, man!"

he sticks his tongue out as he concentrates, one eye closed as he focuses on a kyle doll tied to its bamboo shoot. mateo and bailey's doll stand beside kyle's, but the scholarly one is missing and claimed.

noah pulls the trigger. the cork pops open violently, the recoil of the pistol itself startling him. the barrel strikes the ceiling and ricochets on to the ground alongside many other corks. he deflates, finger pulling the trigger repeatedly with empty clicks.

"okay, uh... this is rigged..."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 5:15:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he watches him and learns.

"ah. that's very... nice, i guess."

his knowledge of how firearms work were limited to the basics, but he could infer that the mechanics of the pistol were very much different from regular firearms from the way noah's gun was shot.

he lifts it around, testing how it fits in his hand, before pointing it at the prize. he aims it a little bit above the intended target, seeing as the gun doesn't shoot as one would intend it to shoot. he recites a silent prayer on his head before he moves the trigger.

"watch and learn, man," he repeats.

the cork flies way beyond kyle's target. the large poochyena plushie dangling on strings attached to the tent's frame finds itself without a hit. the cork, instead, flies way beyond the intended trajectory and hits the kyle plushie directly underneath it. a disappointed expression appears on kyle's face, but he manages to force himself to a smug smile.

"y-yeah. see. easy."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 6:21:52 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah places the dead pistol on the counter. he's more disappointed than sour, the frustrations of a missed shot stemming more from his desire to impress kyle than of his own capabilities. he's better at darts, anyway.

he watches. the warm glow of festival light bathes their focus. their anticipation. the world grows quiet and small. noah finds himself peering at kyle rather than the game ahead; while the elite four member may capture candid shots with his camera, noah refuses the mechanical filter for the intimacy of his bare sight.

the cork flies. collides with the prize of his desires; it is only when the attendant announces a win that noah breaks free from rapture.

"that was... hot, man." noah whispers, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

he takes the plushie for him, sparing kyle the embarrassment of receiving his own sewed effigy. noah waves it in his hand, a wide smile spreading on his face.

"you're almost as cute as this!"

behind them, the crowd begins to part. the clanging of drums and music invites an incoming parade of dancing dragons.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 7:30:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he whips his head at the comment, slightly jabbing him playfully with his elbow for making an inappropriate comment. he doesn't say a word about it, but it was clear that kyle gets flustered with those words directed at him.

if he knew that he was going to get an elite four plushie anyways, he would have taken a mateo one instead. he changes his mind when he sees noah take the prize instead, however. he scratches the back of his head before he pushes noah away to a different stall.

kyle leans forward at the doll on noah's hands, studying its features and compares it with the one he sees in front of the mirror every morning. he squints his eyes at it with skepticism at noah's judgement. "no, my face doesn't look that round. the eyes have the wrong color. mine's definitely cuter."

while he does not usually care about his appearances, getting a comment like that from him makes him feel like he has to defend himself. he grumbles as he ends his initial judgement and proceeds to look at the other stalls. nothing catches his eyes in particular, and the ones that do already has a line of people waiting.

in the end, he settles with an obvious choice.

"food. do you want food?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 7:55:25 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah frowns, staring at the sewn discrepancy. he peers into the soulless eyes of their reward, tilting the doll's head in his careful inspection. there was a time where he treasured such things. the memorabilia of his idol represented the unattainable. the grand proclamations he crafts and the inaction that follows.

now, such toys pale in comparison. kyle is better than he had ever imagined, and although he may be swept in the gales of naive adoration, noah believes in such fairytales with the fullest of hearts.

"huh, i guess you're right." noah says. "you're perfect."

beaming, he whistles exaggeratedly, swinging his arms back and forth like mickey mouse as he wanders into the street in search for food.

"anywaaaaays, yup! i'm starving! frey is too. can't you tell?" noah scoops the houndour up, cradling the dog in his arms. he takes a paw, waving it towards kyle. "we're dying over here, man! we could get a set of takeout dumplings... or squid?! we could do a picnic on a hill as the fireworks start."

as frey squirms in noah's arms, he ensnares the dog in kisses.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 8:17:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle reddens at noah's conclusion. "y-y-you're not allowed to say that." his voice was hushed, not wanting to create a scene. he tilts his head lower as he tries to hide the secondhand embarrassment he felt when noah threw out such a cliched line.

he scratches his head for the second time this evening, trying to move past the comment. "i'm craving for yakisoba, to be honest, but let's just get what we see first."

he'd make a comment about the picnic, but kyle does not want to open up the pandora's box that comes with inquiring more of noah's ideas. instead, he takes noah by his shoulders and turns him around, facing the road, and not-so-subtly makes him move with a gentle push.

"no more kyle worshiping for tonight, okay? let's just go get food and find a spot on the hill quick."

fingers remain on his shoulders as they went. the streets were busy with people celebrating the festival, and it was easy to get lost, especially in a crowded space such as the street they were at.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 8:50:52 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"huh? you sure?"

frey shifts in his arms, his muzzle resting in the nook. noah is careful to nestle the miniature kyle within the fold the houndour's leg provides.

"we could get a large and share! it's the new year after all. longevity noodles for a long life... long relationships."

wafting through the streets, the sweet aroma of grapeseed oil, garlic, and oyster sauce lures noah and frey by their wrinkling noses.

"i'll stop the worshiping if you let me buy you what you want- ah, there!" dragging kyle by his shoulders, noah strides for a nearby noodle stall.

as they wait in line, a flurry of dragon dancers burst through the narrow aisle. dressed in spectacular reds and yellows, they beat clangorous celebrations through their metal drums. hidden men become a dragonite's head and tail, the sewn wings flapping with impressive mechanical precision as the creature soars above the crowd.

noah leans against the counter, making sure that kyle's hands are still on him. the clattering of coins. the takeout is purchased. he makes sure to ask for two pairs of chopsticks- quickly adding that it's not the dog that would use them.

with full hands, he holds one plastic-wrapped pair of chopsticks with his teeth, patting kyle on the arm with them so that he can take them.

with his mouth now freed, noah toothy grin widens, "we should find a quiet spot on the hill, don't you think?" he recalls the dragon dance as they withdraw from the busyness of the street, the clanging of dragon drum still echoing in his ears. "do you know what the other elite four doing? i woulda thought you all hung out all the time... that's why i'm pretty happy you decided to... you know, hang out with me this new year."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 9:33:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he grumbles at the condition set by noah, but before he could complain, he is dragged to where their objective lay.

they get their noodles and kyle takes the chopsticks out of noah's mouth. part of him is conditioned to throw it far immediately, like a dog playing fetch, but he stops himself from doing anything stupid. "ah, i'll take those too." he also grabs the bag containing their food.

his head peers away from the crowd and upwards to where the hills were. "quiet sounds grea-" he turns his head back to noah. having caught off guard by the question, it takes him a moment to compose himself for an answer.

"i, uh, hang out with mateo a lot. he doesn't miss festivals though, so if he's not with me, he's with another friend." kyle wasn't certain whether he can still call noelle that, or if anything finally transpired between the two of them. unlike her, kyle doesn't pry much about their personal life. "dunno what bailey and perse are doing though."

he starts walking to a direction, motioning noah to follow suit. he turns his face away before he continues.

"well, you asked me to come with you first so i'd still probably would've hung out with you."