4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
the festival of northern lights [m]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2020 21:26:00 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

NOTES

leading to a close!
Her hand tightened around his, but he showed no discomfort or made no move to pull it away. It was a symptom of the tenacity in her words. Something pulled from the core of who she was. At the very least, that's how he interpreted it. And it served in having him hanging on each word she spoke henceforth. Isra always had the eyes of someone who saw more than the typical denizen. He wondered if she'd already foretold something about him and his secrets in her mind. So mysterious, yet... so enticing. Trying to figure her out felt like trying to open pandora's box. He wasn't sure it'd be in his best interest.

Oh, but did it excite him.

And, in truth, it was in his best interest. At least, in one definite sense of the phrase.

He examines her curious gaze and notices the faint trace of a seemingly genuine smile on her soft lips. Then, before long, he speaks frankly. ”That’s because you’re not. In fact, you’re quite unlike anyone I’ve ever met before. And I’ve met thousands.” Breaking his hues of blue-grey away from her, he looks up at the stars she was seemingly ogling just earlier. There's a hint of jealousy in the action, but it isn't easily interpreted through his expression. "I'd wager your disconnection with this place may even go as far as a lack of ancestry here in Hoenn. However," He continued, looking back down at her as the dance was coming to a close nearby.

"If you'd be willing, I'd like to invite you to my hotel room here in Lilycove. I have a book that may have some answers for you." Yet again, the black-haired royal wasn't the best with social norms and detecting possibly inappropriate requests before he made them. But the sincerity in his eyes was true: this was the proposition he'd promised to make her earlier, when they'd first met.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 9:58:51 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

"You know, even most gentlemen don't invite a woman back to their hotel room over a book." she can't help herself, he leaves himself wide open for the tease and Isra finds herself laughing behind her free hand. She hides the smile because it's far too wide and far too genuine for a woman who tries so hard to be a perfectly moderate individual. At least under such circumstances. Remiel has not seen enough of her to warrant being so comfortable and yet she is. Perhaps it's a stroke of luck on his part, what others might have found odd or unsettling, perhaps even a red flag Isra thinks nothing of. Such things do not exist to her even when they should.

Isra lets her comment linger between them, smile tempered down when her hand falls back to her side. The woman can't help but wonder where he gets such ideas from, seeing herself as nothing more than a series of personas that she swaps out as needed (or wanted in some cases) leaves little room for such things to hold water. Perhaps she is like nothing he's ever met simply because she's not like anything at all and he simply can't see it. Not yet. Or perhaps he sees something in the cracks of the perfect porcelain doll where even she sees nothing at all.

She can only assume that is why she finds herself returning her attention to the performance before them as is finds its end, speaking evenly. it has, for the most part, lost her interest. "Consider me charmed I suppose, because I'm willing." it's not the first time she's accepted an off request, even when she probably shouldn't. "I can't say I'm looking for any kind of answer." not that she can say out loud, to say out loud is to make it real and that is something she cannot allow. "but I'm curious what makes you think this of me regardless."

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 5:06:28 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

NOTES

must have funnel cake
Remiel observed her laughter with great interest, admittedly a little confused as to the reason for it. Isra simply had yet to understand the caliber of book this was, he reasoned. Perhaps she thought he was inviting her over to gab about the latest mystery novel or the like.

Regardless, she overcame her laughter before long and ultimately agreed to his offer. He wasn't surprised when she expressed the fact that she wasn't looking for any sort of answer. She wasn't even aware of the questions, after all. Remiel, in the meantime, had been musing about them the entire night— in-between attempting to figure her out. The latter had hardly gotten him anywhere.

"Splendid," He replied, casting a now half-interested look at the closing ceremonies nearby. "I had a pleasant time here with you, Isra. But what say you we head off now?" The black-haired royal wondered, briefly, how Earl Grey was holding up. Then he turned back to his enigmatic date, and said something she perhaps hadn't been expecting. "I'll buy us a funnel cake to-go."

E X I T

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 6:17:16 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

He doesn't seem to miss a beat and her attention returns to him when he speaks. For a moment her eyes flicker over him, as if thinking him over one more time before she answers, but she knows her mind won't change. He's too curious an individual and she feels like she would be missing out if she walks away from him now anyway. An indirect way of thinking she wants to go along with whatever adventure she's agreed to.

"I don't see a reason not to, I don't think we'll be missing much else," and besides, the excitement they've had so far has likely over stayed its welcome. With them both in agreement Isra is eager to start moving out of the thick of the crowd before it becomes too much of a hassle with the rest of them festival goers dispersing as the night comes to an end. Whatever else may cause them to linger is of little concern at this point anyway.

She squeezes his hand, for just a moment, a small mimicry of his earlier gesture. His compliment isn't lost on her but the idea of another enjoying their time with her so readily is a sentiment she's still not sure how to make sense of and if she understood it from him earlier then surely, he'll understand it being returned.

"I like the sound of that."

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 0:37:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 75 poké, 5 infamy, 1x rainbow shard.
[break]