New look for a new me [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 20:52:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec had been walking around Lavaridge Town, trying to think of what he could do for the New year. Tried as hard he could, he couldn't think of anything. That is until something slapped him in the face. Litterally. A flyer from the breeze that picked up blew right into Alec's face, kind of surprising him. It was then that he noticed what was on the flyer. Apparently the barber shop in town was doing free haircuts today. Alec had given it thought for a few minutes, actually deciding whether or not this should be what he should do. He had never cut his hair short before. Maybe the new look would be a good new look for the fledging Ace Trainer!

With a big goofy grin on his face, he had bolted for the barber shop, quickly looking forward to his new hairstyle. He had made it to the barber shop within a total of fifteen minutes, and had began to speak to one of the barbers who was at the service desk. He asked, handing the worker the flyer.

"I have this flyer that says your doing free haircuts! Can I get a Haircut please?" he had asked, handing them the flyer politely. The barber had then showed the young trainer to his chair where cutting his hair would take place. Soon after Alec had sat down with a grin on his face, the Barber had asked him what hairstyle he wanted. Alec surprisingly already had an answer to that question. "I would like an undercut please! Can you also thin the top slightly too please?" Alec had asked politely. Alec hadn't noticed while talking to the barber about his hair style, that a certain familiar person was sitting in the chair next him about to start his haircut as well.

-Les do dis!-

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 21:23:50 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Free haircuts?

While his wife really did prefer the more spiked up and unruly look, Josh did try and get it cut if he could before business meetings and the like. As the CEO of a massive tech company, even if it wasn't something he broadcasted often, he needed to keep up appearances when he was meeting with the board. So the timing couldn't be better, as a meeting was coming up soon. His hair grew way too quickly, which made this need frequent. All the more reason to take advantage of this opportunity while he could.

He hadn't had the chance to get it cut since coming to Hoenn though, so he was a little lost on what boutiques were in the area. So this was a good opportunity as well to gauge the terrain. Drumming up business was likely the intent of this offer anyway, so it worked out.

Once he was sat down, with his Raichu taking a seat on one of the cushions nearby, he gave the instructions for a cut when asked. "I'd like to have it cut short, if that's alright" He spoke calmly and politely, giving a gentle smile in turn. "Business casual, if that helps any. I have a meeting tomorrow and I'd love to look my best."

As the hairdresser left to tend to another customer once they had the details down, he looked around the area a moment before his gaze met the figure beside him. He quirked a brow in turn.

"Aren't you Alec?" He inquired curiously. "Fellow I met trying to thwart that bank robbery?"

-Notes-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 21:40:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec had quickly turned his head at the sound of a slightly familiar voice in the chair next to him. Alec was then surprised to see Josh once again. "Oh hey! Nice ya again Josh! How's Charizard and Raichu doing?" Alec had asked. He couldn't forget Josh for his huge help in stopping the guy with the glasses. That was about over two weeks ago, and now, his Shelgon, Rex had evolved into a Salamence. His Charmander was also now a Charizard as well!

In all honesty, Alec was quite surprised by how quickly Inferno had evolved. He seriously wasn't expecting it. "I'm guessing your getting a haircut as well?" Alec asked, trying to keep up the conversation. "Oh! Guess what!? Rex evolved! My Charmander is now a Charizard too!" Alec said with a big goofy grin on his face. It wasn't that he was bragging or anything. He just liked talking about Pokemon! As this was going on his Barber had begun to cut his hair. 

-Les do dis!-

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 0:08:42 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Truthfully, his memories of the robbery were a little hazy. But he would certainly remember at a later date. Either way, he smiled gently when the young man - confirmed to be Alec from the bank robbery - would greet him and ask how his Pokemon were doing. "Fawkes and Lightning" He remarked, before motioning to the Raichu over in the lobby corner, who was presently busy harassing one of the patrons who had berries in a basket. "Lightning, you need to ask first!" Josh called to the Raichu, who looked to his Trainer and pouted, but otherwise took a new approach at his Trainer's behest.

Josh then looked back to Alec. "Aye. I have a conference coming up, and while my wife likes this particular look a lot, a bit too much if you ask me... Business is business" He answered, though smiled gingerly when he brought up that his own Charmander had evolved. "That's cool. Charizard can be hard to handle but once you've got a wrap on them, they can be the most stalwart of companions. Powerful, too. Just make sure you're capable of handling them."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 1:07:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec couldn't actually turn his head due to the barber cutting his hair, the clippers buzzing gently in his hear. However, Alec could hear Josh perfectly fine. As the little talk between Lightning and Josh ended, Alec couldn't help but chuckle slightly.

"Lightning reminds me of how Inferno was when he was a Charmander." Alec had said. Speaking of which, Josh had spoke of how Charizards could be hard to train the first time around. Alec just grinned and said, "Well, if that's the case, ... I must ne doin something right then! I've never had problems with Inferno since he evolved. In fact, generally speaking, he was like he was when he was a Charmander. The only other noticeable difference is when he battles. He's a lot more serious when he battles Pokemon," Alec had said nonchalantly. Even Rex hadn't changed all that much really either.

"Also, you don't have to answer me, but you said you had a conference? And that was why you were getting a haircut, right? Where do you work?" Alec had finally got to asking the question he wanted. There was slight silence as Alec waited to see what Josh would say to him, aside from the barber's clippers continuing to buzz in the teenager's ear. It had just struck the teen that he honestly didn't know much about Josh other than him being an awesome trainer!

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 2:14:56 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"Inferno?" He inquired, tilting his head a moment when he dropped the name. And then he realized. "Oh! You named a Pokemon Inferno as well! See, I have a Typhlosion, once I've had for years. His name is Inferno too!" He chirped with a small laugh. The barber was working on Alec, but they still were able to talk since their chairs were next to one another. "I was... Inexperienced when I caught Fawkes. I didn't raise him as well as I could have, and his temperament was already quite fiery as a Charmander. By the time he was a Charmeleon, I lost control. That was... I'm gonna say about six years ago. I'm glad to hear you're doing well though. Some just have different temperaments, I suppose. Or it could be you raised him better. But some Pokemon definitely change when they evolve. For better or for worse."

He shrugged his shoulders as he brought his head forward when another barber moved to him.

"But yeah, I've had Lightning for a long time. He was my first Pokemon, when I was a kid. I found him in the woods as a Pichu, injured. I nursed him back to health and my folks knew I wasn't planning to give him up, and he had no intentions of leaving. They tried, but... Well, first day back to school after that summer, I open my bag... And there's Pichu. Folks changed their minds pretty quick after that."

As the barber moved to grab a different pair of scissors, Josh held out his wrist to show the HoloWatch under his sleeve. Tapping on it, the sleek watch would open up a holographic interface. While he would answer his question, he did try to keep from revealing too much of who he was right away.

"I work for RaiCorp. They make gadgets like these with holographic technology. Can act as a phone, browse the net, can take voice commands as well as touch. Really useful when you're moving.

I don't know much about you though. What's your story, kid?"

-Notes-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 3:38:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec nodded, chuckling at Josh's reply. "Yeah! I honestly couldn't think of anything else to call him but that. Also, so you have a Typhlosion!? That's awesome!" Alec had said, showing sheer enthusiasm trying to keep himself from moving too much as his barber had continued cutting his hair, now switching from the clippers to a pair of scissors. It was then that Alec had heard Josh speak about when he had first trained Charizard, and honestly from the way it sounded, he never thought that Josh ever had problems with Fawkes.

"But look at how far you've gotten! When you and Fawkes battled with me and my Pokemon at the Bank, you two had perfect teamwork. You guys were definitely in synch with each other!" Alec had said with his typical big goofy grin. "To me, the past is what makes us who we are today. So what if things didn't go the way you wanted them to the first time around? You still got there with Fawkes, and the two of you are better now because of your experiences together. Am I right?" Alec asked, smiling.

"That also goes for you and Lightning too! You may have had ups and downs together, but at least you were together!" Alec said with his big goofy grin he usually has now stretched on his face. When Josh had told Alec that he works for the famous Raicorp, Alec didn't know anything about them before but from how Josh made it sound, working for them must be pretty rad.

"Oh wow! That's awesome!" Alec said enthusiastically, holding his goofy grin still on his face as his Barber continued to snip his hair with the scissors. When Josh had asked him what his story was, Alec grinned with an intense sense of determination. "I'm gonna be Hoenn's Pokemon Champion! I'm gonna get my eight gym badges, and then, I'm gonna take on the Pokemon League and settle my score with one of the Elite Four! Mateo Martinez is his name. He used to be my hometowns gym leader back in Johto... I had lost to him back then... But, he taught me something that I've never been able to forget! Now, I wanna show him that I have gotten a lot stronger, along with my Pokemon too!" Alec said. The intensity of his determination was not just noticeable. One would think that it's so strong to the point that its Palpable as well.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 15:38:04 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"Aye. I didn't have him with me at the bank, but I've had this Typhlosion for a few years now" He explained as he moved his head forward when the hairdresser would approach and begin cutting his hair. "I'm gonna say I've had him since... About the first time I came to Hoenn, maybe six or seven years ago? He was one of the first Pokemon that I caught when I came here" He explained. "I've been to Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos, plus spent my honeymoon in Alola. I went to school in Sinnoh too, and came back here and there on my travels, but my base at the time was primarily in Hoenn" He added. "Then my base became this other region, far away from here for a few years. It was there that I got married, gained employment and gained a good deal of experience as well. Then we moved back to Hoenn in order to expand RaiCorp's influence over here."

With the story concluded, the topic moved back to Fawkes. He would nod his head at Alec's remarks if he wasn't busy being clipped. "Mmm. It's been a long road. Hasn't always been easy, but... Well, we got there eventually. Fawkes is still stubborn, but we're a very close pair now. We've been through a lot together."

He closed his eyes and listened to the snipping as well as to Alec's story about wanting to become the Champion. He smiled slightly. His passion was admirable. "I've never thought of becoming the Champion of a region" He admitted quietly. "Never actually won a Gym Badge either. Might be why not a whole lot of people know me as a Trainer, but... That's alright, I think. I've gotten strong in my own way, and in the end, whatever I do goes toward accomplishing my own goal. And that's to become strong enough to protect my wife and my kids, no matter what comes along."

-Notes-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 17:15:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec was amazed at just hearing Josh about being in all of these different Regions. He had to admit, he was just a tad bit jealous. After all, this was his first time ever leaving Johto and stepping into a completely different Region. "That must be amazing! Going to all of thesr different places! You probably got to see a lot of Pokemon! As for me, this is my first time leaving my home. This is my first time ever entering the Hoenn Region."

Honestly, leaving Johto was a little scary, However Alec would never admit that aloud. Alec was a little prideful when it came to such things.  It was one of those small but dumb ways of thinking. However, eventually Alec would grow up and come to terms with that slight sense of pride of his. Someday.

"Having Gym Badges may prove that you are a good trainer, but just having them does not. What matters his how one learns from those experiences of getting them that count. That was another thing I learned when I tried for the Johto League." Alec had said, randomly. Before he could say anything else, the barber that had finished his hair had just finished, asking how it looked to him. In all honesty, Alec liked it. He was surprised how good he looked with an undercut.

Alec had gotten up from his chair, and had paid for his haircut, however he did not leave just yet. He wanted to wait until Josh was finished with his.

-picture above is what Alec's new do looks like xD also we can wrap this up in these last two posts! ^^-

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 17:37:02 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"It's definitely been something" He admitted with a small smile. "It's been an adventure. But at the end of the day, there's no place like home. And for me, Hoenn has been the closest place to home that I've ever had, so it's nice to be able to come back here. We're hoping to permanently set up base here, but... You never know how things go. Things can change in the blink of an eye, so it's good to appreciate home while you've got it. Adventure is definitely worth the trip though. Getting to see new horizons has always been a treat. It's a little scary at first, but... You get past that before long."

Alec continued to talk about Gyms and the League, and his own experiences. "I've spent a good deal of time battling, so I don't know how I'd stack up to a Gym Leader, personally. Or the League, for that matter. It is quite possible that I would be completely outmatched."

With that, it seemed that his hair had been finished as the barber walked away. The blonde gingerly examined himself in the mirror, nodding his head as he seemed satisfied with the cut. With that he got up, stretching out and cracking his neck as he looked to Alec.

"So, what's the occasion? Trying to impress a girl?" He inquired, a small but mischievous smile crossing the corner of his mouth.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 18:46:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec hearing about Josh talking about Hoenn being his home made Alec feel a little homesick. It was then that the young trainer had begun to wonder how his parents were doing. How were they? What were they doing at this moment, and were they worried about him being so far away? Some of the answers to some of those questions were obvious and then some were unclear.

"I feel the same way about Johto. I was born and raised there, and leaving the place behind for this new journey is just crazy ... But at the same time, being here means I can have new experiences; meet new people as well as a new tons of Pokemon!"

When Josh had asked if Alec's new hairdo was to impress a girl, Alec blushed something fierce and a puffy angry face. "N-No way! I just figured a new hairstyle would be nice for the new year is all, ya know?" The young trainer said, slightly flustered. After a few minutes of having been Embarrassed, Alec made a smile and said to Josh, "Welp! Time for me to hit the road again! I think its time I go challenge a Gym. Good luck with your conference!" Alec said, waving goodbye and then running off to start his journey with his new haircut.

-and it is Finito! :pepechu: will put up Mod Req for completion!-

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 4:39:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poké, 5 infamy, 3 lucky letters, 1x sparkling dust, 1x forme change.
[break]