[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","teamLeft"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]he wants his old home, his old kitchen, but rocket are nothing if not cautious. while the league had always been unaware of where he lived--or who he was, for that matter--the reformation meant that there still existed people outside of the organisation, old-rockets specifically, that would have been well-aware of his old whereabouts.
[break][break]
and now here he was, inviting one of this very group into his new home.
[break][break]
"thanks for helping out with this," he says as he opens the door, "they're asking for quite a lot." all the shops on the street his bookstore was on were holding a small bake sale, raising money for some good deed he hadn't really been listening to. eager to keep up the friendly cover, he'd gone and agreed.
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: mission
[break][break]
TAG:[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.teamLeft]float:left;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#9d89af;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/DSahPO6.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
honey sweet [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 0:51:54 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygoldr"]
[attr="class","bodygoldrt"]

[break]

Emma isn't sure why she'd complied with his request. It had come across as a rather cryptic message, and out of the blue at that. She hadn't reached out to him or looked for him for months, not since Rocket had disbanded and her unfortunate run-in with Kingsley and Priam.[break][break]

And yet, here she was, waiting at the door of an old, old friends house. Curiosity had gotten the best of her and she knew that it was a weakness of hers. And yet, she had no control when it came to her softer emotions. [break][break]

"We haven't spoken in months and you reach out to me for this?"[break][break]

Exasperation colours her tone with disgust as she gazes over the man's countertops that presently held baking supplies. This was so mundane and.. normal, and it made her visibly uncomfortable.[break][break]

"This is so mundane, Marcel. Don't tell me you've grown soft under new management."

[newclass=.bodygoldr] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr b] color: #765D75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #765D75; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765D75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honey sweet [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 22:52:58 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]there's the beginnings of a grin on his face. "what, you didn't even try and contact me? that's cold, wolfe." he'd destroyed his phone the moment he was out of the region--numbers such as emma's had only been retrieved thanks to memory. it'd surprised him how much he actually remembered, once he tried.
[break][break]
he brushes off her comment as he leads her towards the kitchen. it was a reaction he'd expected. "hey, just keeping up my cover." he says with a shrug. the people wanted cakes, he'd given them cakes. who knows what they could offer in return in the future.
[break][break]
"you ever baked before?"
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...
[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/DSahPO6.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
honey sweet [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2020 0:34:19 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Marcel's lips pull back in a familiar grin - he's not committed but it's friendly.[break][break]

She does not, however, return the gesture. Her expression remains placid and indifferent, but a part of her is mildly, but only mildly, amused by his comment. Of course she hadn't reached out. Most of the time when people walked out of her life she didn't chase after them.[break][break]

Apparently, that wasn't always the case.[break][break]

For a moment she remains still, not moving after him despite the invitation to, however subtle. He speaks freely and fluidly and it's almost jarring despite how familiar he is. Perhaps the familiarity is too much.[break][break]

"I see."[break][break]

Emma does eventually make her way into his kitchen, taking a brief look over the ingredients spread throughout.[break][break]

She disregards his question about whether or not she's baked before - she hasn't. [break][break]

"How many cakes do you think it will take to prove you're a good person?"

[newclass=.bodygoldr] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #765D75; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765D75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honey sweet [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 0:48:21 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]with the ingredients on the counter, and in the comforts of what's supposed to be his new home, it's easy for marcel to pretend. despite everything that'd happened, he prefers not to have rocket looming over his head at all times of the day. were it not for the civilian life he lives on the side, he feared he would have gone insane.
[break][break]
his company certainly made it harder to ignore, but not entirely impossible.
[break][break]
"not too many, i hope." he picks up a recipe book from the counter, flicks through it to find the page he's looking for. "i was thinking two's a good number. we can bake one each." he places the book open in front of emma, he already knows his own recipe off by heart. "you need any help just give me a shout."
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
honey sweet [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 2:15:14 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Emma finds herself visibly less on edge or anxious. Her desire to run and hide, to avoid contact, to keep the rest of the world at arms length seems to momentarily come to a halt at how mundane and natural this is. To bake, as if they're baking away their worries and concerns.[break][break]

"Two? Hmm.."[break][break]

Her gaze follows Marcel's hand as his fingertips brush the cover of a recipe book, only for him to open it and search for the specific page. [break][break]

The woman recognizes her friend's handwriting immediately and her lips part ever so slightly in her surprise.[break][break]

But instead of speaking, she resumes her quiet disposition that now feels awkward. But her fingers brush fondly over the familiarity of his scrawling handwriting. The memories she's dredged up are uncomfortable and dark, but they still provide her some sort of comfort.[break][break]

And then she sets to work, busying herself with gathering and borrowing ingredients. For the most part she seems to only mimic his patterns and habits, following his example to a 'T', ensuring perfection.[break][break]

The silence between them extends and closes like a vice, and Emma finally breathes a sigh.[break][break]

"I've.. missed this. You."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honey sweet [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 10:59:19 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]despite years of working together, marcel and emma's relationship had never extended beyond the polite friendliness of colleagues. it was hard to inspire camaraderie when they were putting their efforts towards the murder of people they wished no ill will upon. emma had just about managed to untangle herself from rocket's web, but the price she paid, marcel thought, was far too great.
[break][break]
he never mentioned her brother before, now such words were to be treated like a bomb.
[break][break]
no, they had never been the closest of people, but marcel liked to say they had been friends as much as they could have been, plagued by their own troubles, sharing a similar cage built by the same people. still, moments of fondness such as this were unheard of. marcel decides to treasure it.
[break][break]
"yeah, me too." it seemed impossible, finding people he could stand, and make friends with no less, amongst the ranks of rocket, yet somehow he had managed. some good had come out of it, at least.
[break][break]
"come on, let's get these in the oven."
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
honey sweet [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 4:29:04 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

As quickly as her softness brushes her features, it's gone and replaced with the same familiar hardness. Her stony expression returns, firmer than before, mildly astonished by her moment of openness. The woman sighs softly, pulling her hand away from the finished mixture as soon as it's poured.[break][break]

The moment Marcel moves to intercept and gather them to put them in the oven she's retracted, tugged herself away. Familiarity and comfort is soon replaced once again with stiffness. His return of fondness is unexpected and it had caught her off guard despite her own expression of mild affection. To get close to someone was dangerous.[break][break]

At least, it had never brought her anything but pain.[break][break]

"Why did you call me, after all this time?"[break][break]

Oh, Emma.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honey sweet [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 14:08:04 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]he listens to her question as he puts the oven gloves on, considers it as he slides the two cake trays in. her caution is understandable, unavoidable--marcel himself had been furiously paranoid following the death of his wife--and it's because of this he answers seriously.
[break][break]
"i wanted to see how you were." he closes the oven door. "that's what friends do, catch up."
[break][break]
rocket hadn't been the environment to foster friendships; those that had grown were entirely dysfunctional. it was perhaps too presumptuous to say him and emma had been friends, but marcel had been lonely and clutched to all manner of familiar interaction. it helped him feel better about a lot of things.
[break][break]
he tosses in his own question. "why did you come?"
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
honey sweet [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 14:53:38 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Emma remains silent and observing as she watches Marcel carefully tuck the cakes into the oven. His gloves brush the hot metal but the fabric protects his fingers.[break][break]

Her eyes, ever thoughtful, ever watchful, are brought back to the man's face as he speaks, as he turns back to watch her in turn.[break][break]

He closes the oven door and stands up straight and she finds herself pulling her shoulders back in response, maintaining her impossibly perfect posture, her poise.[break][break]

She isn't expecting his response but she isn't sure why. A part of her wishes it were true, even if his words don't portray deceit she still searches for it. [break][break]

"Is that what we are? Friends?"[break][break]

The woman's voice feels empty, nearly defeated. There's a weight that bears down heavily on her shoulders and makes it hard for her to keep her head up. He's a reminder of her torment, of the horror and the hell she's endured while she served Rocket alongside him.[break][break]

And yet, he seems to stand just a little bit more confidently and easily than she.[break][break]

He asks her a question in return and she isn't sure how to respond so she doesn't. Perhaps, she's afraid of saying too much. Of admitting that he brought her a great and dangerous comfort.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honey sweet [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 15:16:55 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]neither of them can claim to be experts in the peculiarities of human relationships. life had gotten to them young--whether or not rocket was the start, their experiences had pulled them stumbling into retrograde. marcel himself is unsure when he answers, "as good as."
[break][break]
but it would have to do.
[break][break]

[break][break]