with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 23:18:28 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

the wounds of slateport festered. The healing process could not be unilateral—there are sections of the city that are still in decline, and bailey cooper knows that in these pockets of decay, there are malignant entities that feast where her fingers cannot scratch.[break][break]

At a fair with , she had gained an idea while in the midst of her stupid antics.[break][break]

There were places that she could not go—not as bailey cooper. The mere sight of her leather jacket was enough to send would-be criminals running. She was a slateport deterrent, and no one wanted to trifle with a trainer that had battled the ultra beast that had almost destroyed mossdeep.[break][break]

So, a change of attire was necessary.[break][break]

There had been a particular mascot costume that had caught her eye. There had been something menacing about the expression plastered to the pokeball-esc helmet, and when she pulled it over her visage, found that its uncanny vibes were exactly what she needed.[break][break]

Nobody could see beneath the red and white exterior, or through the happy-yet-dead eyes.[break][break]

Illegal battle rings had become a new epidemic sweeping through slateport. For every successful raid conducted by the Slateport PD, it seemed like another ring was opened to replace it. Black Market pokemon were in wide circulation, and it was hard to snuff out the problem.[break][break]

Like weeds, it grew more insidious in forgotten places.[break][break]

The battle arena was decimated—her krookodile standing victorious. In this ring, she wasn't a member of the Elite Four.[break][break]

She was just a nameless, faceless challenger with a roster of pokemon. The crowds screamed and jeered with an enthusiasm that was more akin to blood-lust as she gained victory after victory.[break][break]

Undercover, she had one objective: find a way to derail this entire establishment from the inside out.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

; mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Driclone

God
he/him
Destroyer
King
20 height
20 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
27 posts
part of
TAG WITH @empirio
Empirio Saiga
with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 4:43:17 GMT
Empirio Saiga Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Niramit:400,400i,700][googlefont=Dosis:300]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #ffffff; width: 450px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #DBDCE6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/QfHMtP5.png'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #A3A9C0; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #A3A9C0; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #ffffff; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a:hover"]color: #8D92A6 !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#ffffff,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #ffffff; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #83889A; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #7D87A6; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #989EB3; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a:hover"]color: #989EB3;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkisavelight]
[attr=class,punkisavelightimage]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttags]

[attr=class,punkisavelightlyrics]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttopslant]

i'm trying to impress you[break]
so i'm calling on demons
[attr=class,punkisavelightbottomslant]
[attr=class,punkisavelightseparator]

0000 words
[attr=class,punkisavelighttext]

Between the branches, the man heard of this fun location. An underground battle ring, where law was non-existent, where people didn't hesitate in going wild. A free for all of conquest and destruction. Where the bloodthirsty go to fulfill their urges and beg for more, to live the boost of Serotonin in their body and become addicted.[break][break]

Yet... When he got there, Empirio could only be disappointed. It was filled with cowards and wusses. Doing soft battles but backing out as soon as things got too dire for them. He knew bets were made and everything about this was illegal, but there was no drive, no blood-thirst. If anything, it was boring as hell[break][break]

That was, until an individual wearing an all too familiar costume who used a Krookodile to defeat all their opponents brilliantly. There was elegance in their actions, determination and desires in the way they struck. And the pokemon choice... Sublime. A worthy opponent at last, that would allow them to dance the Waltz of Destruction.[break][break]

Putting his mask on, Empirio made his way forward, his golden outfit glistening under the lights that lit his path and his cape floating behind him. As he reached close to the fighting scene, his voice rose up. "Oya oya, I must say I am quite surprised to see someone like you here. Wearing an outfit from home no less. I'd quite enjoy seeing who is under that mask, but that will have to wait."[break][break]

As a form of politeness, the man bowed courteously in front of the opponent, before pulling a pokeball from behind his cape and allowing his Gible to come onto the field, the little critter looking quite riled up and ready to engage within seconds. "Please allow me to grace you with this Waltz of Battle and Turmoil... Well, I believe Pokeball-Man will suffice for now as your name. Kishi, let's begin." Upon hearing the words of his tamer, the little dragon began to dance, raising up a Sandstorm. While it wouldn't affect the Krookodile, it would lower visibility and give the duo more freedom in their movements.

[attr=class,punkisavelightsecondarylyrics]

i hope you're watching me
[attr=class,punkisavelightcredit]template by punki
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 22:52:51 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

Bailey Cooper does not see elegance in violence.[break][break]

She sought what was natural—the ingrained strengths of her pokemon that had been bestowed upon them. Some trainers enforced their own style, their own strategies, into the minds of their pokemon—treating them like molds that had to be fit into a bigger piece. Bailey never bought into that kind of enforcement. Like a whetstone, her words aimed to refine what they already possessed, and to teach them a truth that so many trainers tried to shelter their pokemon from.[break][break]

Pokemon were monsters, and they had to fight like monsters. If they chose to battle for her, then they would be hurt. She could not promise to keep them safe from all harm, and they accepted that there was always a danger when they stepped into these arenas.[break][break]

She does not force her pokemon to fight—they have a choice, and those that accepted were taught that nature was the truth that she pursued.[break][break]

Because, oddly enough, there was an elegance in letting them grow into their own strengths. There was an elegance in the stalking, pack tactics of the pyroar, in the lunging strike of the luxray, and in the skull-breaking punch of the kommo-o. It was not the violence that was elegant, but how natural it could come to them, and the ease behind its execution once it had been refined.[break][break]

But it was also messy. There was nothing pretty in the bruises, the cuts, or the scars. No pretty songs to be found in the wails and the battle cries. Those things cannot be glorified, because it was overlooking the truth—they were animals fighting in a ring to prove who was superior, and no amount of elegance in the tools they used could bring them further from the barbarism.[break][break]

What was natural was also what was cruel, and in that indifference, Bailey Cooper found her strength. Do not celebrate the violence, but what was efficient, and know that those that fail will fall because strength was forever shifting. That was what it meant to be a pokemon trainer.[break][break]

She just wished she knew how to put that into her own words, instead of latching onto its feeling.[break][break]

The newly dubbed pokeball-man shifted her gaze at the laughter as a new challenger made his approach—and she wondered why the strange sway of his hips made it seem like he was a runway model. The urge to chuckle was almost irresistible, so she had to bite her lip and try to hold her composure.[break][break]

All that gold made it even harder.[break][break]

Instead of replying to the man's challenge, she flipped him the bird.[break][break]

The next moment, the materialized sandstorm would obscure the battlefield and her crude gesture. She can hear the booing of the crowd—they wanted full visibility.[break][break]

Bailey would stare into the surging sand with familiarity, and knew that no orders would be exchanged as her Krookodile was swallowed by its expansion. She lost sight of his distorted red figure.[break][break]

But she saw the way his claws flexed, eager for what would come next.[break][break]

A lone call would resonate from within the storm—a howling, cackling laughter as the Krookodile gnashed its maw in amusement at the tiny dragon and its efforts to hide; taunt.

; mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Driclone

God
he/him
Destroyer
King
20 height
20 height
awards
27 posts
part of
TAG WITH @empirio
Empirio Saiga
with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 19:57:55 GMT
Empirio Saiga Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #ffffff; width: 450px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #DBDCE6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage2"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/81X4kCv.png'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #A3A9C0; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #A3A9C0; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #ffffff; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#ffffff,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #ffffff; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #83889A; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #3c0086; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #989EB3; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkisavelightimage2]

so i'm calling on demons

0000 words

Flipping the finger? "So crude... Yet, I could expect no less from my opponent, in such an environment. It seems your beauty was tainted, but I'll help you get back on the right track." As the sandstorm appeared and clouded everyone's view, Empirio proceeded to move the mask away from his face and call back the Gible into his pokeball.[break][break]

"Let's do this, Arcadia." Empirio took a black pokeball in hand and opened it, forcing a Grimmsnarl unto the field. To the opponent on the other side of the ring, it would look like the Gible suddenly increased in size. The Grimmsnarl was visibly annoyed by the sandstorm, turning to stare at his trainer. "Can't exactly reveal you to everyone right away now, can I? Come on, there's some fun to be had." The Grimmsnarl stared at Empirio for a couple of second before turning his attention to the ring and the fight. The creature wished he could express his thoughts in words, but now they had a job to do.[break][break]

Suddenly, the Krookodile taunted its opponent, stopping Arcadia from using any offensive attack. A valid tactic, that would've spelled disaster for the Gible... But now that it was a Grimmsnarl on the field, it was a different story... Maybe? And the Grimmsnarl was growing even more annoyed, with the move that got used against him and the conditions of this battle. His hair would be a mess for sure.[break][break]

Deciding to not wait for his owner's command, the Grimmsnarl lept forward, his fist surrounded by a faint purple glow. Rushing through the sandstorm, he stopped abruptly in front of the Krookodile, aiming to deliver a punch fueled with fairy power to the mutated lizard's stomach, hoping to trigger the move Spirit Break.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 20:39:30 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

What the fuck was he saying? The roar of the sandstorm cut through his words, to where she was only able to hear every other word.[break][break]

Beautiful? Bailey Cooper could only glance down at herself, wrapped in an oversize mascot costume, and wondered what beauty could be derived from this ridiculous costume. Was he one of those guys that liked doing the nasty in costumes? “dude what the fuck,” she would mutter to herself, knowing that her voice was captured in the helmet encircling her head, not understanding the meaning behind his words.[break][break]

The change in shape was not slick—both bailey and her krookodile blinked, synchronized even if they were unable to see one another. The briefest flickering of a shadow growing in shape would not be lost on them.[break][break]

They knew when a swap-out was being telegraphed, even if someone was doing their damnedest to hide it. That came from years of experience. Years of battle. Even if her Krookodile had been consumed by an unyielding desire to battle, that did not mean that he battled without wit—that would have gone against his typing.[break][break]

spirit break came with its purple glow.[break][break]

Some pokemon were taught to dodge, weave, and evade oncoming attacks. Not this one.[break][break]

The attack would make contact—krookodile standing in place as the fist was driven against him. Its effectiveness came as an afterthought, a discomfort that had to be accepted if this battle was going to be satisfying. Up close, the distortion of the Krookodile would become apparent; the scars that ran like acid burns up his arms; the enhanced red of the skin; the smell that hung on his breath like a poison.[break][break]

But the punch had not sunk into the Krookodile's stomach[break][break]

A clawed grasp had wrapped around the closed fist—an inhumane force that had kept it from landing somewhere more effective. Black, thick ichor oozed from one broken and split claw, but that does not draw the Shadow Pokemon's attention.[break][break]

No, his foe would have all of that. A grin would manifest as his hand would tighten its grip, just to keep the fellow dark-type from trying to wretch away.[break][break]

krookodile's rage effect has activated. his attack has increased.[break][break]

With a speed that might have been surprising, Krookodile would use the forward momentum of his foe to his advantage—his leg jutting out as he ripped the grasped arm upward, trying to wretch the grimmsnarl from the ground and make it lose balance.[break][break]

And then a pivot, as the ground-type would shift his own weight and spin. With a strength that went beyond what was characteristic of his species, the Krookodile would attempt to toss his opponent straight out from the sandstorm, and straight against the cold, concrete walls of the battle arena.[break][break]

payback was always a bitch.[break][break]

If successful, Bailey would find herself throwing herself out of the way of the opponent's pokemon, cussing out of reflex. “Gator! Fucking watch it!” and she would mentally kick herself for speaking after all the effort that had gone into remaining stoic.

; mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Driclone

God
he/him
Destroyer
King
20 height
20 height
awards
27 posts
part of
TAG WITH @empirio
Empirio Saiga
with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 3:42:43 GMT
Empirio Saiga Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage3"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/pJty0JH.png'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #3c0086; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkisavelightimage3]

so i'm calling on demons

0000 words

Since Empirio couldn't see what was going on, and thus couldn't order his pokemon around, it was hard to react accordingly. Since Arcadia's fist was stopped, the hair gremlin tried to pull his punch away, but to no avail. This Krookodile was not a regular one, that's for sure. And that strength... What kind of monster was Grimmsnarl actually facing?[break][break]

The 2-legged crocodile suddenly lifted the gremlin off the ground. Seeing what he planned to do, the fairy tried to cut the hair that served as an extension of his arm, but he was too late. The payback worked, and it did wonders too. The Grimmsnarl was catapulted out of the sandstorm, crashing into the wall of the arena.[break][break]

Empirio recalled the pokemon into his black special pokeball, knowing full well what had happened now. Suddenly, the Pokeball Man's voice rose up. A woman's voice. A wicked smile appeared upon the man's face while a voice rose up in the audience. "Hey, that voice... Doesn't that sound like that Pocooper gal? The one that was mentioned on that latest HNN article, she was in Slateport during all that destruction right? I'm sure I heard and saw her while I was there..."[break][break]

Empirio advanced a bit forward, coming a bit more into view for the lady and her pokemon. "Well now, it seems I was right. While your way of speaking and your actions are crude due to these environments, you are like an unpolished gem, only waiting for the right person to make her better and stronger. Would you be interested, milady?" As a precaution, Empirio still readied a pokeball in his hand, ready to fight a bit more.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 23:26:21 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

What pokemon was that?[break][break]

Bailey Cooper was only able to get a split-second glance of the Grimmsnarl before it was withdrawn to its capsule. A galarian pokemon, she presumed, as her eyes focused back to the fight and how it would unravel. New pokemon posed new risks, and her fingers flexed similarly to her krookodile at the potential challenge.[break][break]

Krookodile kept to the whipping sands, more than comfortable to stay obscured. No orders are exchanged between the two of them—no gestures, whispers, or other outward indicators.[break][break]

She picked herself up from the ground, brushing the dirt of the arena off from her knees. Her verbal exclamation did not weigh on her mind—as one of the more obscure members of the Elite Four, she knew that she was not easily recognizable.[break][break]

Besides, who could have known it was her from one off-handed comment? A freak, most likely.[break][break]

No pokemon were deployed—all she heard was her opponent and his declarations.[break][break]

Her head titled, and it felt like the pokeball-like helmet was ready to roll off her shoulders. An unpolished gem? Something to be refined?[break][break]

She thought of the rough, cutting edges of the red orb—how the power it possessed abided by no standard. It was strong because it existed, not because it was trained to be.[break][break]

“Are you stupid?” Crude in nature, what would stand out was the empty happiness behind the eyes of the mascot mask. “I'm already stronger than you.” She spoke without confidence. She spoke as if it were fact.[break][break]

The itch. The fire. Her hand scratched at the material above her chest, against the collarbone.[break][break]

“Deploy your next pokemon. Take your ass-beating like everyone else.”

; mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Driclone

God
he/him
Destroyer
King
20 height
20 height
awards
27 posts
part of
TAG WITH @empirio
Empirio Saiga
with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 2:29:37 GMT
Empirio Saiga Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage4"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/EcLnOMH.png'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkisavelightimage4]

so i'm calling on demons

0000 words

"Stronger then me? Hmmm... I must admit you may be strong, as an individual. Hard to say since you're hiding under such a disguise. But I have yet to see you do anything other then let this creature of yours do all the fighting, to follow his instincts." Maybe she had done most of the fighting before he had arrived, he didn't know. Nor did he know if she was the "Pocooper" he heard in the audience.[break][break]

One thing was sure though: She was getting impatient. Empirio smirked. "Ass-beating? Are you sure that's what it is?" Was it a bluff? Could he have a pokemon able to fight such a strong creature? Could the man be hiding an arsenal of pokemons that could overpower the shadow crocodile? An army that could decimate everyone standing here?![break][break]

Let's face reality. He doesn't. His "Strongest" had already been flung out of the ring. But there was an advantage that Empirio had compared to the opponent: He didn't play by the rules. And seeing how she acted, something out of a specific line of conduct would definitely throw the Pokeball-Woman off.[break][break]

Grabbing two pokeballs from within his golden coat, the man threw them towards the Krookodile's shadow, assuming that's where it stood. The pokeballs sliced through the sandstorm, advancing towards their target... yet they never opened. As they reached close to the dark type reptile, a set of eyes appeared on both of the balls, and a wicked smile on one on them.[break][break]

Voltorb and Electrode. An explosive duo. What better then these two to spice a fight up? "Boom" was the only command that escaped Empirio's lips before he placed his mask over his face and jumping backwards. Knowing their duties, both pokeball creatures lit up, before executing the move Explosion in unison, trying to bring down their opponent quickly. And in doing so, making the Sandstorm explode outwards and unable to maintain itself much longer. And possibly damaging the stadium and its surrounding. Who knew how much damage two exploding monsters could do?

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 19:07:32 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

He had no idea what he was dealing with.[break][break]

Great.[break][break]

His comments do not rouse a reaction—like a knife that was too dull to sink into the skin, Bailey Cooper felt no sting. She knew how battling looked—she knew how it was supposed to feel. It did not sound like the novice trainer, who shouted orders to their pokemon. It looked far more subtle. It looked like an encryption, where glances and smiles were codes for orders that a pokemon could follow.[break][break]

Some people had code words. Some people had hand signals. Some people whistled, but Bailey Cooper knew that even in silence she could let her orders speak volumes.[break][break]

She wondered if that early pokemon swap had been wise, as it gave something far more valuable than the power of any executed move—it gave her time.[break][break]

The moment to breathe. The moment to speak without addressing her pokemon.[break][break]

The moment to let her Krookodile process all of that information in the swirling sandstorm. He was not a whelp. He did not need his hand held. He took his own initiative.[break][break]

When two pokemon were deployed, her reaction was hidden by the disguise—an arch of the brow, followed by immediate recognition.[break][break]

Those two pokemon were only deployed for one fucking purpose.[break][break]

The series of explosions were sound-rendering.[break][break]

The disrupting winds that rendered the sandstorm had a similar effect on her attire—she can feel the way that the air tore past her, and it caught itself beneath the cusp of the helmet.[break][break]

And tore it straight off, making it hit the ground and roll away from the scene.[break][break]

A silence captured the crowd.[break][break]

Smoke cleared, and there stood Bailey Cooper, unmasked with a look of complete bafflement.[break][break]

Because the scene of the explosion revealed two unconscious pokemon, and neither were the Krookodile. Instead, what revealed itself was a hole situated in the middle of the storm where her Krookodile had executed dig. He had scrapped straight through the concrete, down to where raw earth could be seen.[break][break]

And who knew how far he had already managed to tunnel.[break][break]

“You are actually a moron.”[break][break]

Who in their right mind used explosion when they lacked visual on their target?[break][break]

“What in the goddamn.”[break][break]

All eyes focused on her, and the silence remained like it was one laced with fear. The jig was up. Her cover had been blown...but all she felt was a mounting frustration that made her burst.[break][break]

“Fuck, right when I when I was getting into a groove—fuck you. Holy shit,” but she continued as if she was ignorant of that revelation. “Who knocks out two of their pokemon like that? Two? All at once? On a gamble? Huh? Hello? Common sense? Why? Stupid sociobaths with their exploding voltorbs I swear to god you dipshits are a dime a dozen—” Her misspoken word was not acknowledged, as if that was how she thought it was actually said.

She slicked back her bangs. “Why do people act so goddamn smart but do this shit? Like, what in the goddamn possesses you people? Why do people think they're hot shit when they're hot garbage like can't a girl have some fun? Can't I get one good fight every once and awhile?!”[break][break]

Red in the face. Her chest burned as the Victory Star was denied.[break][break]

“Now I gotta do my goddamn job. I was hoping to just stand around, battle for a bit, and maybe—fuckin' maybe—get something valuable out of this, but nooooooooo, god forbid—I lost a motherfucking bet. A bet. Because this was supposed to be a grand ol' fucking time,” She dug through her outfit, pulling out her badge and radio.[break][break]

Krookodile, hearing all of the ruckus, burst up from the ground with a confused expression; burns lacing his arms reinvigorating old wounds, suggesting that the explosions had been able to navigate the tunnel he had been digging; he looked similar to a child watching his mother, wondering if he would also receive a verbal lashing.[break][break]

She put the radio up to her face.[break][break]

“Hey, Joe? Get the paddy wagon. Start the raid. I fuckin' tried... yeah, yeah, I owe you ten bucks. Fuck off. I almost made it twenty minutes, okay?” She hissed her breath like it was steam, coiling with the same intensity.[break][break]

She cleared her throat. “SLATEPORT PD. HANDS UP IN THE AIR WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!”[break][break]

And that was when the silence broke, and chaos erupted across the stadium.

; mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Driclone

God
he/him
Destroyer
King
20 height
20 height
awards
27 posts
part of
TAG WITH @empirio
Empirio Saiga
with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 1:46:50 GMT
Empirio Saiga Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage5"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/H9obwWt.png'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkisavelightimage5]

so i'm calling on demons

0000 words

Well, for throwing her off, that was a success. He had ruined her fun, from what could be heard. As the dust from the explosion was starting to settle, Empirio called his Zorua to use her illusion ability, vanishing into the background. As the dust settled, the lady without her mask was finally revealed... And oof. The storm that followed.[break][break]

Empirio had dealt with cops in the past, but none like her. If anything, it seemed like she was the "bad cop" style, almost willing to turn a blind eye to illegal activities if she had fun. But now that her fun was ruined? It was hell unleashed. And staying here would be a really bad idea for anyone. Empirio took the two empty pokeballs he had and recalled his fainted pokemons before starting to move.[break][break]

But leaving without even a good bye? Now that would be a tasteless action. Empirio couldn't very well allow that. Thus, under the illusion created by his Zorua, he went around the arena, to reach behind Bailey without getting too close. Who knows what that Shadow Krookodile could do if he were to be too close to do something to her?[break][break]

Thus, he threw something at her feet, free from the illusion. As the object rebounded a few times, it landed near her, close enough for her to view: it was his mask, with a piece of paper between the lips. Assuming she'd be curious enough to grab it, the paper would contain information on how to meet with him once again, outside of this situation. Would she follow up on this? That was a story for another time, as Empirio exited the location in the cover of darkness as people got arrested.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
with a bang [m]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 17:49:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x sparkling dust.
[break]