devil in my head (past / closed)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 19:05:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she's the epitome of luxury and allure. it's why all eyes are on her.

this occasion is not intended to set the stage for giselle dupont, but she has no qualms with stealing the show. it's one of the first after parties she's invited to by name, not attending as a plus one on the arm of a withering ceo or politician. her wealth is growing as vibrant as the hue of her hair, which is twisted back in an elaborate style that screams wealth. the dupont company bursts onto the scene and no one can deny her establishing position as its founder.

a champagne flute dangles from her fingers, she falls into various conversations, circles around the plush penthouse airily, and knows she deserves applause for the part she plays tonight.

"i'm giselle dupont, i don't believe we've met," her silky words fill the air as she looks at fernando, hand held out as a becoming smile dominates her lips.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 19:28:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
there's a new star. she's a focal point for the night to fixate on. fernando disregards her at first, showing the proper respects by conversating with established wealth. she will have her chance. they always do. behind those pleasant smiles is an invitation to intermingle. fernando know the practice well and responds in kind. when he's alone, vulnerable to be prodded at, is when he finds solace in phone. there's a text message to that flies across the screen, tossed aside for later. in the here and now, giselle demands his attention. a welcoming smile is worn to presentation.

"fernando eliard silph." her hand is taken into a firm shake. not too tight yet uncompromising in its statute. "the pleasure is mine." there's no sliminess behind the gesture. no kiss upon the back of her hand in some cringey display of worship. he's no . here, in his environment, fernando treats her as an equal. at least for now.

@tsundere4
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 19:40:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she knows exactly who he is. giselle does not play the role of a coy debutante, it's a role she's never mastered. with a hunger as insatiable as her own, she lacks the patience of someone dubbed naive and doe-eyed. this approach suits her, poses her as an active player of the game known as high society.

"you've been quite occupied tonight, fernando. or would you preferred to be called mr. silph?" the tip of her tongue pokes out from her mouth as she weaves lighthearted dialogue. her hand shake mimics his own but giselle allows her hand to linger an extra moment before her fingers brush against skin as she pulls away. "i'd hate to bother you with my company if someone else needs your attention."

her coca gaze is warm, inviting. she wants him to stay.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 20:19:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"oh, you've noticed?" pleasantries turn into something crafty. the edge of his lips twist into a half smirk. how interesting. "how rude of me. my apologies. business never truly rests." an overly long touch of skin hints at something more. fernando misreads it. he infers it as an intrigue that he's answered many times before.

"either works. i'm not a stickler for formalities, miss dupont." a hand slithers into his pocket, fingering to silence his phone. something tells him that he'll be preoccupied. something tells him that she'll require the entirety of his attention. little does he know.

"no. you're fine. i'm yours for the night if that's what you're asking." it sounds bold off his tongue but that's how he carries himself, audacious statements with several meanings between the lines. "i've yet to acquaint myself with your background."

@tsundere4
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 22:34:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

“i believe i am the one being rude. you’ve only had a moment to breathe and here i am practically pouncing on you,” she counters, though her voice is devoid of any trace of chagrin. giselle lifts the flute daintily and sips from its contents briefly.

she listens to him, allows a trill of laughter to fill the space between them after fernando pauses momentarily. she can already this interaction will be the highlight of her evening. “mr. silph sounds rather stuffy to me. fernando suits you.”

gigi’s eyelashes flutter and the alluring smile that sits on her lips. he is unlike other men she has met at this particular party; it’s a welcome and refreshing change. “i like the sound of that. you’re granted three questions. anything at all. what would you like to know?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 23:24:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
just three? now she has him by the hook. fernando's much too greedy, much too fixated on getting the best bang for his buck. he almost wants to save them, allowing them to siphon off what he needs as the night drags on. "how intriguing. what brings you here?" fernando doesn't let the pause settle in. he corrects himself immediately, clarifying the specifics of his inquiry. "i don't recognize you. which means you're new-- fresh. old money doesn't change. that means you're up and coming."

@tsundere4
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 23:40:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar

he isn't interested in playing the traditional game of cat and mouse. interesting, she thinks to herself with a delighted smile. giselle is pleased he arrives to the core of the most prominent point that gravitates around her and the reputation she steadily creates. the smile transforms into a deliberate purse of her lips, further accented by the silence she lets flourish between them. "'up and coming.' i like that. but yes, i'm the found of the dupont company. we fund a variety of self-starters with lucrative ideas and market our own products as well. the market is prime and i'm not afraid to take advantage of that," she announces to him, the gleam in her eyes evidently challenging.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2018 23:14:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"self-starter." fernando raises an eyebrow at the mention. of course. that's the only way to rise now a days. innovation is what creates new wealth, being able to reinvent an old idea into something sleeker, cleaner. still, it's not something fernando would be willing to invest in himself. too much of a gamble and he's not one for loose ends. not unless he sees the money behind the idea before its printed.

"bold." his eyes narrow, as if in deep thought. "i like it. sometimes taking what you want is the only way to get things done." he talks from experience. "very impressive, miss dupont."

@tsundere4
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 14:22:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"you seem to be one of the few members of this social circle that have given me any type of praise, fernando," she quips to him, response immediate and bemused. the smirk that forms on the curves of her mouth disappears as gigi washes down the remainder of her champagne. it's replenished immediately, like it had never emptied before. "new money doesn't seem very welcome, i've noticed."

she wonders if he notices the gleam in her honeyed stare. it's a brief glimpse of the barbed wire that encircles her heart. "i've surmised these curmudegons are terrified of a woman who doesn't mind getting a little bit of dirt on her hands."

giselle glances down briefly at the fingers that hold her glass: slender and elegant, perfectly manicured.

she's got plenty more than dirt on her hands.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 14:41:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"praise is given where praise is deserved," fernando note as giselle kills her drink. watching her go for another spells a tip in his favor. sobriety is his friend, at least in here it is. as light as each glass may be, they do add up. fernando's no heavy weight. he knows his limits and avoids the evil entirely. intoxication is a transgression best suited for mingling with the commoners-- not here among the influential.

"most of us do not enjoy someone shaking up the status quo. sometimes it means we missed out on an opportunity." fernando matches her gaze, steeled yet fascinated. does he spot something familiar? "sometimes that can prove dangerous." he doesn't show a tell that he does but the way he enunciates the last bit insinuates something more.

@tsundere4
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 14:52:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she's already set the precedence that she refuses to conform to the role this niche is society forms for her. it delights her to watch the influential individuals surrounding her gaze towards her in masked disdain. giselle plans to bask in the rumors that will undoubtedly circulate regarding her character. giselle dupont is not going anywhere. "it's shame for most of you then that i don't particularly care for the idea of a status quo," she casually comments, gaze fixated onto the impenetrable gaze of her companion.

giselle's laughter is melodic, inviting. but it doesn't register as genuine. "a little danger makes this more interesting for all of us." her words relay to him that she won't shy away from the concept. hell, giselle welcomes it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 15:09:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
it's fernando chance to fill the air with fake laughter. it comes in the form of a chuckle, one that salutes her claims. she's making an enemy of everyone else here except him. how reckless. "by all means, miss dupont." how fortunate she is that fernando doesn't concern himself with the squabbles of the rich. he only cares about one thing: power.

"perhaps so, but i'm not a gambling man myself. i don't like to lose." an ironic statement given his future with . perhaps its this encounter that drives the premise behind their excursion. depending on how tonight turns out, it may be the driving force behind many of fernando's militant actions. it only takes one wild fire to set the forest ablaze.

which begs the question, how hot is her touch?

@tsundere4
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 15:18:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar

who actually likes to lose?

she nearly bites at the bait but clamps down on her tongue instead. giselle doesn't need to bring attention towards the denseness of the statement. there's plenty more about fernando eliard silph that begs to capture her attention. she's nearly tempted to submit herself to the growing interest. almost.

"there isn't anything out there that could make you feel like betting everything?" gigi inquires, her stare demands an answer and the elegant curve of her raised brows wills him to consider her words sincerely.

giselle's assured she can transform the most cautious man into a reckless fool.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 16:55:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she will submit because fernando knows how to wave his web. surprisingly, it's not intentional. years of having to navigate the crevices of linguistic warfare between people who are far too petty for their net-worth has raised him as an expert. it's second nature now, something that comes forth out of habit. it's a trait he's earned with a steep tuition, through exposure from friend and enemy alike. fernando's paid his dues. can giselle say the same?

"no. that's the problem with old money." fernando lets out another chuckle. they're all jokes here. self-depreciation isn't above him. nothing truly is. "there's rarely anything worth losing what we have. it makes us complacent. loss aversion at its finest."

but he does consider her question earnestly. "--actually, perhaps there's one thing."

@tsundere4
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 17:21:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she's already fed up with the old money nonsense. there is a mouthful she has to spit out towards their archaic views of the world but giselle bites further down on her tongue. the coppery taste reminds her there is an innate balance she needs to maintain. nothing needs to topple over. yet. before chaos ensues, the magnate is adamant on uncovering the inner workings of her opposition.

fernando eliard silph fits the bill perfectly.

giselle reaches out, modest in her touch if he allows her to grasp at his hand. her intention is to lead him to the balcony. an intimate space others have designated as unfit for the evening.

"are you going to tell me this one thing? or are you rude enough to leave a woman hanging?"

the word monster almost slips out instead.