Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Cooldown (Mission/Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 15:30:49 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas made his way through the tunnels underneath his ranch. The Gym Leader wasn't alone, as he had invited someone over to cool off their Pokemon from the summer heat. While the shade of the tunnels would have an almost immediate effect, as the two continued through the tunnels, on the path that the cyclops was leading them down, they would notice the area getting much cooler. It was the area leading up to the simulated ice cave.

In truth, it was one of Thomas' favorite spots to cool off, especially in the naturally hot climate of the tropic Hoenn Region. "Let me know when you're good to stop.", Thomas told his guest, a smile coming across his face as he felt the air chill as they went deeper.

tags:
notes: Cooling off

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 15:38:31 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

The Shadow had once again crossed paths with the Dragon.

Josh and Thomas were... Old co-workers, so to speak, from years back. Though they had fell out of contact after Josh had left due to disagreements with how his branch's boss was handling things and not being able to just pack up and move to another branch on account of his wife just having had newborn twins at the time, the two of them had at least been somewhat corresponding when it turned out that they were both posted in Hoenn for their current jobs. While Josh was no longer involved in... That life, he was still happy to help his old friend where possible. So when he had asked if he would be able to help cool down his Pokemon at his ranch, he happily obliged.

"So, is the eye new?" he asked casually with his arms relaxed behind his head as the blonde walked through the tunnel. Things got chillier as they went, and Thomas mentioned he could note when to stop. When it got a bit too cold for his tastes, Josh snapped his fingers to indicate they were good to go here.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 15:45:10 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"You could say that. It happened after I had to resign.", he told Josh. If his old coworker was interested, then he'd go into detail. Otherwise, he was content with keeping things short and sweet. "I tell you though, depth perception hasn't been much of a problem for me, despite what they say. Maybe I'm lucky, but it's mostly losing half my field of view that's the more annoying part.", he'd tell the blonde with a grin.

Upon hearing the snap, Thomas immediately stopped. He would pull out a bag, unloading a bottle of premium whiskey, and two glasses he brought with him. "Don't remember if you drink, but if you'd like, feel free to pour yourself a glass.", he'd tell the man, before pouring himself a glass, and quickly downing the shot. "So how has family life been treating you?", he inquired.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 15:52:41 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"Oh really? You hear so many horror stories about lost eyes, good to know it's not as bad as it sounds, I guess" he brought up when Thomas stated that he'd lost it after resigning, and that while depth perception wasn't a problem, field of view certainly was. "Still annoying, though. I'll have to make sure I keep an eye out going forward, sounds like too much of a hassle to deal with."

Yes, that was a pun. No, he didn't regret it. No he would not take it back. Once the two of them stopped, it appeared they would be starting with some drinks. Fair enough, he supposed. "I drink a little. This is quite the surprise though. I'll have to buy you one next time we're in town" he cracked with a small smile as he took a glass with thanks, before pouring one for himself. Well, Thomas had certainly brought out the good stuff, hadn't he?

Thomas asked how family life had been treating him, and he shrugged. "Different, but... In a good way. It's a completely different life, I can tell you that. So much changed when our kids came around" he revealed. "Wouldn't trade it for the world, though."

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 16:18:57 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Case by case basis, I suppose.", Thomas remarked. Thomas smirked as the man made his pun. "Hardy har har.", Thomas replied, rolling his eye.

"No worries. I always keep this stuff on hand.", he'd tell the blonde, allowing him to take the bottle to pour himself a glass. As he listened to Josh tell him about his family life, Thomas poured himself another glass of whiskey, quickly downing it like the last shot. Was it healthy? Definitely not, but Thomas was functional enough, even with it in his system. If anything, for the time being, it helped him get by. But one day, would he end up on death's doorstep because of his drinking?

"Good to hear that you're enjoying it.", he'd tell Josh. "I hear you've gotten yourself involved with the family business since returning to Hoenn. How's that been going?", he'd ask, in a friendly manner. Despite Benoit Armaments being a "rival" to Raicorp, Thomas really didn't care about any of that stuff. Since his own involvement in his family's business, he'd been focusing on helping Hoenn pull through its time of need.

tags:
notes: At Death's Door

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 16:50:16 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

He hoped he didn't roll that eye hard enough that it would come out too. He shrugged his shoulders as Thomas brought up that he always kept his drinks on hand, so there was no need to break the bank or anything. Fair enough, he supposed. Though that did sound like he was engaging in some... Rather unhealthy habits. Ones that Josh wasn't sure if he would be able to talk him out of. If Thomas turned up dead, that would be a problem. Should he ask him if he was ok? Maybe if the opportunity veered that way, well... Maybe.

He brought up business then, and he nodded his head as he then downed his shot. "My mother's wanting to retire eventually, so I guess I'm being looked at for succession" he admitted curtly. "It's been a lot of busywork. I don't know how she managed all of this herself all these years. I was never one for staying in one place for work, so it's been... An adjustment."

Benoit Arnaments was a rival so to speak, but healthy competition couldn't hurt, right?

-Are you okay?-

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 17:37:01 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Thomas got into the moment, just spending time with someone he used to know for business, he started to get settled in. It was certainly a far cry from the times that they referred to each other by codenames rather than by their real names. While he missed those days, he was still enjoying himself. Perhaps it was the setting, a nice cool cave, with drinks.

"I see. Makes me glad my uncle's got his sights on his son as a successor, rather than me.", Thomas replied with a chuckle. "Still, if you do end up stepping up, I wish you the best of luck, man.", he'd tell Josh, while taking another drink.

A Sneasel would rush over to the brown-haired man's side, before rubbing into him affectionately. Thomas would pet the Dark-type, smiling at it. "Good to see you too, Shredder.", Thomas told the Sneasel, who looked over at the stranger. "This is Josh, an old acquaintance of mine.", he'd tell the Sneasel.

tags:
notes: Codenames

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 18:11:11 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

There had been a lot more relaxing moments since coming to Hoenn for him. He still traveled around, sure, but a lot of his time had been spent at the ranch and with his wife and kids. It was... Different, from the life he used to have. Every day used to be nothing but work, work work and in a way, there was still a lot of that. But he had been able to find a decent work-life balance that had allowed him to be a lot happier than he had once been.

"Thank you" he spoke softly, pouring himself a second glass. "I won't pretend it's going to be easy, and I'm doing my best to get a good work and life balance going so I can be there for my kids, but I do look forward to the challenge, at the very least."

A Sneasel showed up, and he smiled as Thomas introduced them. "Good to meet you, Shredder. This is Lightning" he introduced as he motioned to the Raichu that had caught up to them soon after. Last time Thomas had seen that one, they had been in their previous form. But the blue scarf around its neck was unmistakable.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 22:12:03 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

While Josh had only poured himself out a second glass, Thomas was already onto his sixth glass. Surprisingly, Thomas barely showed much in terms of signs of being too drunk. Perhaps it was a high tolerance to alcohol, owed to a combination of genes, and experience. But in any case, Thomas would offer the rest of the bottle to Josh, just to have around the house on the nights he was in the mood to drink. Either way, Thomas had more back at the house.

"Good to hear, man. That's something I need to work on.", he'd remark. Well, one of many things. Given that he always poured his time into his work, and put himself at risk, he drove away any woman he'd end up hooking up with. It wasn't like he didn't understand why, as with his first girlfriend, he wasn't there for her after taking on the job, something he hated himself for. The second one obviously didn't want to see him come home in a pine box.

"Lightning, buddy, you've grown!", Thomas commented with a grin, holding out a hand and offering to pet the Raichu. If he didn't accept the offer, then that was that. But if he did, he'd find that Thomas knew where to pet the Raichu. "Hey man, if your Pokemon ever get too hot around here, feel free to come by.", he'd offer.

tags:
notes: Thread: SS Mission Complete

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 15:36:27 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Josh had very much noticed Thomas'... Habits, and really, maybe he should have said something about him having a serious drinking problem. But for the time being, he didn't think it was his place to question him so long as he was still able to get the job done wherever he was working now. Josh drank here and there, but being a family man now, rarely got drunk unless he was in the company of his wife and the kids were well and secured for the night. Though he did appreciate the offer of the bottle, and he took it thankfully. Something to enjoy with Izumi sometime, he supposed.

"Definitely worth it. I haven't felt this whole in a long time. Not since before I left home for the first time" he admitted. Josh had been a workaholic for a long time, and in some ways still was, so he hadn't exactly had many suitors either. He was just lucky that Izumi was willing to put up with him for as long as she had so far. Though he smiled when Thomas recognized Lightning and remarked on his growth. "Rai!" Lightning chirped as he seemed perfectly fine with being pet. Josh chuckled a bit at that.

Josh smiled and nodded his head at Thomas' offer. "I'll definitely keep that in mind. I appreciate it" he spoke up. "Maybe we'll get to work together again sometime?"

@tag

Using for SS Mission prompt

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 23:20:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: