[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
odd request

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

when the director of the weather institute accepted her request for interview, selena somehow expected that it came with a price. it always has been. this time, she is asked to bring their pack of castforms to lilycove’s weather station tower on route 124. and of course, since castforms are extremely rare, this task is as dangerous as it can get.[break][break]

her only hope is to finish this task as soon as possible.[break][break]

ooc: forecast castform (tt) mission

[attr="class","runruntag"]#open

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#bf91b5!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
I may love me some vanilla but I'm not that sugar sweet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 14:01:27 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

"they really gave you a handful," vera chuckles as she approaches the pink-haired woman and the entire pack of castform floating around her. she can't quite close the gap, given their presence, but that's honestly okay with the ginger. they're strangers, after all.

[break][break]

she doesn't want to assume, but handling this many pokémon would be difficult for even the best of trainers. her offer is "want some help?" vera herself was on her way to the local weather institute, after hearing the news of them looking for volunteers. joining forces could hit two birds with a stone.

[attr="class","hashtext"]
[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"];[/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-heliolisk"]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 18:37:56 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

odd request

naturally, selena declines. while she is to proud to admit that the task is difficult, the redhead’s sudden appearance causes too much confusion already. but she does not dismiss her intentions—make it good or bad is something she will find out eventually.[break][break]

“i’m not sure how you’ll help but it would be nice to get the speedboat ready.” the beaches of lilycove, while not too popular than slateport, is still crowded even after the summer season. people still visit the coasts even when the extreme heat wave has finally dropped. selena offers a hand, the castforms floating around her mimic this as they point the wisps of their head to the ginger. “i’m selena, by the way. are you from lilycove?”[break][break]

ooc: forecast castform (tt) mission; vera would have met selena at the coastline of lilycove approaching route 124, just in case my post is not too clear uwu

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 20:55:56 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

the task makes her feel like an assistant all over again. on her first day at the lab after completing her studies abroad. it's a fleeting worry that soon flies away with the wind.

[break][break]

"vera," she takes selena's hand easily, trusting. the movement that the castforms try to imitate has her smiling widely, and then a very curious thought crosses her mind. "wait, aren't you the gym leader?"

[break][break]

of course she is. vera can see it now. the woman may have seen many gym leaders throughout her life, but she's never late to keep up with the league's celebrities, so to speak.

[break][break]

"born here, and i've come back to work here as well."

[break][break]

and then, at the tug of her shirt, she looks down to the heliolisk hiding behind her until that moment. "oh! right. sorry, buddy. this dapper fellow here is biscuit."

[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"];[/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 9:52:08 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

odd request

selena returns an awkward smile at the mention of her "gym leader" position. she always gets this kind of attention. it is something she's already grown fond of. when vera says she's just return to the city, all things start to make sense for her.[break][break]

“that's why i haven't seen you around yet.” she explains. “i don't know when you've last stayed here in lilycove, but a lot has changed. i hope it's for the better.”[break][break]

she hops into the boat before offering her hand once more to aid vera. the seven castforms, on the other hand, assist biscuit by laying on top of each other to form steps.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 18:46:07 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

it's not a guess, but an affirmation, that follows her words. vera realizes with a tilt of her head that she'll have to correct the misunderstanding.

[break][break]

"well, i've actually been back for three years now," she laughs, the faintest hint of rose showing on her cheeks. quickly covering it up, she places a pensive finger on her cheek. "you might not have seen me because my manager likes keeping us locked up in the lab."

[break][break]

selena's hand is accepted. thankfully, the boat is spacious enough for the two and the various pokémon to fit in. vera heads towards the steering wheel, waiting only in case selena wants to be the one at the wheel. in that case, she could instead stand guard.

[break][break]

"enough of me, though. where are we dropping these cuties off?"

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 18:57:39 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

odd request

the gym leader does not realize she's already allowing the lady to the speedboat until it's too late. her cheeks flush the same pink when vera corrects her, realizing she may not have been really around the way she is supposed to be.[break][break]

“it's just around the corner. there's a weather station tower a few rocks outside lilycove. we moved it so our celltowers don't interfere with the signal.” she muses as she ready the speedboat to action, crossing the shallow waters into the deeper parts of the eastern seas. “wait, did you say lab? so you're a scientist?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 21:41:32 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

vera nods after selena's explanation with no more than a passing comment. "a good call," she says. certainly, air traffic is one of lilycove's biggest problems. one of the downsides to living in a thriving metropolis.

[break][break]

"i'm just a chemist. nothing fancy," vera assures her, brushing off any importance that she might have within the league. truthfully, she's never been good at recognizing her own worth. "i'm currently researching the properties of certain berries on pokémon." and that's about as much as she can tell selena under her nda.

[break][break]

luckily for vera, the appearance of another boat in the near distance would steal the spotlight from her. unluckily for her, one of the men on said boat has a huge harpoon in his hand. ready to aim.

[break][break]

"bad news. really bad news. biscuit, help me with thar harpoon!"

[break][break]

the heliolisk's collar expands into a wide circle. his tail glows white. the

razor wind

resulting from it catches the harpoon midair and pushes it back, giving them some time to formulate a plan.

[break][break]

"if we try to avoid them, we might lead them to the weather station. we might have to confront them."

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 7:52:22 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

odd request

“you're right. i have an idea!” the gym leader calls on the serpentine at hand. medusa coils from inside the boat before she plunges into the water. “medusa will break their boats before they can even strike again. but we need to cover these castforms first.”[break][break]

luckily, she brings with her another useful pokémon. an arctovish leaps from the capsule into the water before popping its head back into the surface. “boreas, push as further into the tower island. leave a trail of ice for medusa to follow,” she gestures towards the castforms, still floating midair. “you go inside. we need to protect you from them.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 15:06:28 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

as expected of a gym leader. vera's never had to question the capabilities of one. with a plan decided on and already put into action, vera doesn't even have to take out a second pokémon or, really, do anything much. her only contribution is to help herd the castforms inside the speedboat's cabin. even then, the task honestly takes no time because the castforms are just that well-behaved.

[break][break]

"when we reach the island, my galvantula can clear the way for us, if needed. what worries me is," vera stops mid-sentence to venture a look back, as if the pirate boat could still be seen in the distance. it can't. "i thought pirates were already taken care of. we'll have to fill a report on this when we're back."

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 17:48:47 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

odd request

selena only encountered hoennian pirates once, the circumstances of which were not as pleasing as this one. but at least, then, selena has the advantage to turn the tables against them. this time, however, the safety of castforms is at stake.[break][break]

“let’s hope they’re just pirates,” the gym leader responds with a rhetoric. she knows even as pirates, they are far from invincible. but what if they are not? “but you’re right. it’s best to report this to the rangers, especially if the castforms will be unprotect.”[break][break]

boreas’s push with hydro pump is so accurate, it is as if they teleported right into the tower island within split second. “hey vera,” she muses as she alights the boat with the herd of cloud pokémons floating around her. “i guess i needed your help after all. thanks!”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 3:56:03 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

the idea that the crew might be something more than pirates hangs in the air. it's scary. vera honestly can't begin to imagine a worst-case scenario. but selena's words bring her back to earth, and she answers with a knowing grin. "at your service!"

[break][break]

as promised, vera's galvantula is released from her pokéball to lead the trek up the hill from where their boat is moored. they happen to be on the cliff side of the island, a landform at which vera stares with calculating eyes. an unorthodox plan brews in her mind. "the slope makes it juuust safe enough," she muses, before finally turning to selena. "i'll have to ask you to trust me. we're taking a shortcut."

[break][break]

sticky web

flies from the galvantula's spinnerets at incredible speed at her trainer's non-verbal command. a string is formed, thin but sturdy, and it begins to encircle the castforms one by one. eventually, if allowed, it'd secure both trainers and accompanying pokémon and pull them up, up, up.

[break][break]

she can only offer a small smile to her would-be 'climbing' partners. "i hope you're not afraid of heights."

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-galvantula"]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 6:46:18 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

odd request

vera’s taunting is met with a wide grin. “i bet you haven’t seen me during the summer pokéathlons.”[break][break]

she pulls on the gossamer threwds produces by the galvantula, checking its sturdiness before she follows the lead of the scientist. hiking is a foreign concept to the gym leader. she realizes hiking necessitates more than just keeping her hands and feet in harmony, finding the right track as she ascends the vertical. after all, vera did say to trust her.[break][break]

“after this, take the boat with you and make the report.” she shifts her weight from the spider web to her feet, and vice-versa, trying to get the knack off things. she looks at the castforms happily secure within the silk-like cushion that wraps them. she is contented. “i’ll go back to where we contacted the attackers. after all, they still have my milotic.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 3:58:08 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

"oh?" vera can't help the surprise showing on her features and voice. she hadn't been given the small satisfaction of attending the aforementioned summer pokéathlons herself. really, she's still disappointed and even a little sour about it. "i can only imagine. make sure to call me next time to cheer you on," she answers cheekily, not letting her forced absence overcome her.

[break][break]

the climb starts out relatively slow. vera's attention remains on the other woman at first, unsure of how experience she might be at the sport. it's not until she speaks up again that vera is reminded of the situation. the plan makes her more anxious than she wants to admit. she wants to offer assistance, but realizes that the sooner she reports back, the sooner special forces would look into it. perhaps reinforcements would be sent.

[break][break]

besides, she's certain selena is by all means capable of handling herself.

[break][break]

"alright, but be careful. my rotom phone won't stop ringing you otherwise." how exactly she'd get her number is left up to interpretation.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-galvantula"]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
odd request [m/o]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 7:05:27 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

odd request

selena eyes fixates on vera for a few good seconds before she realizes what she means, then lets out a hearty laugh. “i‘m sure it won’t.”[break][break]

she follows the other woman’s lead as she makes her way to the top. castforms rejoicr at the end of the hike, freeing themselves from the latches of the spider’s silk. each of them approaches selena and snuggles her cheeks one by one, then they go to vers afterwards, before ascending to the atmosphere where the weather station tower awaits.[break][break]

“so i guess, this is it?” the last of her pokémons, a noctowl, is released into her side. the giant bird yowls at the sight of his trainer, the owl is ready for his task. “see you next time?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES