awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
scars we've sewn
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 15:45:34 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 he’s driving because that’s the way he decided it would be when they first arrived at the docks in the morning. the car was already waiting for them, and dominic had jerked his head at the passenger seat to his partner but had otherwise been economical in his words; that being said, under a superficial veneer of cocky but amiable charm, he is not at all curt or abrasive.

they park outside an office building located along the coast, and when he traces the outline of curving roads on the map displayed on his phone screen, the touch of dominic’s fingertips is tender. he remembers these places as a before and after snapshot etched into the back of his eyelids; as slateport was, as it were when they seized it, and as it is now, remodeled into some sort of semblance of normalcy, clean and sterile. the fact is that rocket is a scar against the city, and he won’t let them forget it.

"should be the place," he drawls, inclining his head toward the building. it’s a relic made of brown crumbling stone, and dominic can smell the dust and mildew from here. a sign advertising office spaces for rent lies, haphazard, beside the steps.

"you read the file? marine consignor, used to work with us and thought he could pull out now." dominic tilts his head, a minute gesture, and brushes his hand against his belt subconsciously as he reaches to open to door to the car - the capsules of his pokemon and the steel of his gun glint against the sun.

"motherfucker."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
scars we've sewn
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 17:08:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
lulu had gotten the chance to carry out a few missions prior to this one, and she’d been enjoying the freedom to stretch her limbs, so to speak. she hadn’t squeezed a trigger yet, but damn, did it feel good to have her guns back. they were simply an extension of her at this point.

the man she was taking the mission with was someone seemingly on the same rung as her brother, . his name was dominic sinclair, if she remembered correctly, and he’d been very quiet. while it might have made some people uncomfortable, she seemed at ease. given his superiority, she didn’t want to pester him during the drive, and opted to sit back in her seat and quietly run a cloth over her beretta until it gleamed in the morning sunlight.

when they arrived, she took in a quick visual. ”greasy.” she assessed, and then shoved the gun in a strap on her leg and pushed the door open. ”yeah, i read it. oof.” she’d completed assignments like this one in the syndicate back in galar. she was familiar with both the cause and sort action they would take. the guy in question was a dumbass for thinking he could get away with something like this. gigs like these were an ‘in for life or death’ kind of arrangement. back home, he would have been executed. no sense in keeping that type around, no matter what their desperate promises were.

as he spat the last word, she looked over at him with a smirk. this type of aggression fueled her. she went to the door and entered in the lock number she’d retrieved earlier that day while pilfering the consignor’s data. an obnoxious buzz alarmed and she swung the door open, swiftly hoisting up her chrome 9 mm and beginning a thorough sweep of the building. “go home, people!” a few tenants stirred in their offices frantically, scurrying to leave, and then, she called out to the building, ”except you, sigmund. we’re here for ya, you slimy fuck.”

lulu was good at, and thoroughly enjoyed intimidation tactics. she kept an eye peeled for her boss over her shoulder as she finishing clearing, making her way back towards the man’s office. if he’d have ran, he would have spilled out towards dominic.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
scars we've sewn
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 19:11:15 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic follows at his partner’s shoulder as she unlocks the door, entering a few steps behind her. he hadn’t really made any assessments of her up until that point; if there were any files about the woman or her performance, he hadn’t read them largely because he’s indifferent to the words of others on the matter. at this point, he was used to disappointment when handling grunts, but as the situation unfolds in front of him, dominic realises this is the exception.

bodies of the office occupants brush past him in a panic and he lets them, his gaze fixed on lulu, a burgeoning smirk at his lips. when sigmund moves with the surge of people, dominic shakes his head and clicks his tongue. the bald fucker almost makes it to the door, but dominic flicks a hand and rose-coloured, semi-transparent chains curl from the floor and snap around the man’s legs, rendering him immobile in a FAIRY LOCK courtesy of the klefki attached to his belt.

"going somewhere?" dominic drawls.

sigmund is forced to stop within arm’s reach of dominic, struggling against the confines for a moment before glancing up just in time to watch as dominic reels an arm back to pistol-whip him with the butt of his gun. there’s a crunching noise, and the man cries out, hands flying to his nose as it freely pours blood - he staggers but is kept upright only by the binding. dominic winces at the force of the strike, and pulls back with a shake of his head, turning away to move to close the window blinds; they don’t need any extra eyes, and he knows they’ve got a limited amount of time to get the point across before the escaped occupants call for help. the room floods with gloom, slivers of sun cutting through the slits of the shutters and the glow of the chains around sigmund’s legs providing the only light. when dominic’s gaze flickers up to look at lulu, he’s grinning.

were it up to him, dominic would have put a bullet in between the consignor’s eyes but walsh wants to take it slow, he supposes.

"you think you’re done with us, but we’re not done with you." dominic’s voice is nonchalant, not quite matching the leer of his eyes nor the vicious curl of his mouth. he doesn’t feel the need for introductions is necessary. the man whimpers a reply that’s muffled by the hands he has pressed against his bleeding face, but dominic doesn’t catch it - nor does he care to.

"we only ask you to do one simple, fucking task, sigmund, and you spit in our faces like this?" dominic continues, talking over him. with his free hand, he taps his fingertips against the klefki twice to issue a silent command and takes a step back as the man begins to suddenly scream out as sharp SPIKES begin to form under his feet en masse, their cruel barbs enough to pierce through the soles of his cheap leather shoes and hook into his skin.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
scars we've sewn
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 22:08:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
it seemed like each time she looked up, the underboss was looking, watching. was she doing too much? his smirk said no, but she remained wary of any discernible reaction in his face upon realizing she’d gained his attention. when things had settled in the rest of the building, she moved towards the pair. she’d been trying to be careful not to go too far on these missions, but old habits died hard.

when she strode up, she saw the man held by phantom chains, blood leaking from his broken face. she cast a look to dominic, meeting his eyes through a ribbon of light with a curious directness that had not previously been shared in their interaction. it was full of unasked questions, and it was very brief. her own smirk was there, although obscured in the schizophrenic shadows.

the blood curdling scream didn’t seem to cause her any discomfort. she paced leisurely, gun swinging from her hand with each step. while rounding the scene and listening, she took the opportunities to peek out the door and through the window as she passed by them, casually patrolling. confidence was key.

as his throat became ragged from hollering, the man tried begging instead.

’i—i’m sorry! i won’t do it again, i swear, just please, let me go!’

”sorry you got caught.” lulu sneered, moving in to take a turn. she administered a few hard pats to his cheek as though it were the fat belly of a hound. “my associate’s a kind man. be grateful. i’d’ve shot you in the back of the head through the window.” they hadn’t even met yet, really. introductions didn’t seem to be the rocket way. it was all for the sake of the performance. they were much scarier as a unit.

she left him to dominic again to do his will. she turned to pace and patrol once more, then after some time sashayed towards his desk after spotting a picture frame. ”this is cute.” she picked it up and held it a moment, and then used the tip of her gun to point at the glass as though it was her index finger. she turned it to show dominic. ”don’t you think?” she flipped it back towards herself, her expression wrinkled, as though she was trying to discern something, pull details from the back of her mind. another show.

”that’s gloria, isn’t it?” here we go. she walked over again, her face lightening with mock realization. ”yeah, and this,” she moved her gun up to the building in the photo, ”that must be 1368 evolution rd.” she looked back at him, before turning to reset the picture on his desk. “my boss here probably has a busy week, but i don’t. maybe i should go keep her company this tuesday while you’re gone fucking margaret. if you make it out of here, i mean.” it wasn't entirely true. her week was full. in fact, she had requested more work than they'd offered. there was a loud bang as her gun fired into the photo, leaving a hole where the woman’s head had been, glass shattered, frame in pieces on the floor. the man whimpered. the point she was getting at was not understated. if he tried to get out of something again, they’d know, just like they knew everything else. they owned him.

since they hadn’t discussed much on the way, dominic likely hadn’t known she’d acquired all of this information, but any surprise would have been due to his neglect to review her file. had dominic checked it, he would have known she was actually intel, despite her somewhat atypical brutality. a computer nerd with a gun and a backstory.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
scars we've sewn
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 5:16:30 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 when lulu addresses the man, dominic finds that his gaze lingers on the former rather than the latter. very interesting, and the question of just who are you? arises and is just as quickly dispelled; the answer, for now, is secondary. if he is impressed, his features barely betray him, the smirk only hinted at by the quirk of his lips could be meant for her as much as it is meant for sigmund.

the fucker is lucky in the fact that they ultimately do need him alive; it’s just he doesn’t know that yet, and dominic will do his best to maintain that illusion. the man whimpers a response to lulu’s provocations, but goes briefly still when lulu brings up details from his personal life. less than an arm’s length away, dominic can hear his breathing grow ragged. he says please followed by more begging. dominic’s expression remains primarily impassive in the face of the appeals.

"would you look at that," dominic drawls, slow and purposeful with his words. he pauses to watch the blood seep from the man’s wounds and into the carpet. "cheat in private and professional affairs, huh?"

dominic’s gaze flickers from sigmund to lulu and then back again. "unlike your women, maybe we will be overlook all this? what do you think?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
scars we've sewn
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 5:42:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

again, she looked back up and met his eyes, but dominic’s quickly averted as he homed in on sigmund once more. she continued to wonder what was going through his head. perhaps she’d say more on the ride back, try to find out. for now, her eyes went back up to spaces between the blinds that held the view of the street. she kept an open ear.

her smirk returned as he picked up where she left off. it seemed maybe she had done a good job. she looked over at the consignor, the smirk darkening, and took a few steps closer to dominic's shoulder, reinforcing his intimidation. she watched the man sputter his response, ’yes yes please yes sir! it won’t happen again, i swear!’ it could barely be made out through his sniveling.

“cryin’ like a bitch. looks sorry to me.” lulu quirked a brow at dominic as if to ask
‘we done here?’

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
scars we've sewn
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 3:50:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: