4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
yesterday is forever [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2020 8:50:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

her hand was on the wheel. it was raining, at night. she'd sent him a text a little over an hour ago.
hey. i'm coming over.

she’d managed to purchase a car from the spoils of her missions the past few weeks. it wasn’t necessarily a hooptie, but it wasn’t great, either. it looked about thirty years old, black paint dull and scuffed. the window had a crank. it was cracked, smoke leaving, water coming in. cool raindrops fell on her thigh.

there was no radio, just the patter of raindrops on the hood of the old sedan, and the sound of her ragged breath as she held back tears.

the gps on her phone informed her she was close, and she sniffed, composing herself. when she pulled in to the driveway, she was momentarily distracted by the grandness of the home. her jaw fell as she turned off the engine and pulled out the key, sitting and staring for a long moment before even leaving the car.

no one appeared to be home. no cars, and the lights were out. cillian had presented her with a key when she’d arrived in hoenn, and she would use it to welcome herself into his house for the first time. it felt like she was walking into a stranger’s house, not cillian’s. cillian didn’t have a house like this. no way.

when she opened the door and turned on the light, her jaw fell further agape. it was stunning. what the fuck. then, on the ground, an alcremie made its presence known with a greeting.

“hi, hello there.” lulu responded sort of dismissively, her gaze still panning.

she found herself in the kitchen and smoothed a hand over the marble-top island. she wondered when gavin might walk in.

over passing minutes, her thoughts returned to darkness. it didn’t help being surrounded by wealth. it reminded her of family, and she’d been far from luxury for years.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 15:16:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-gv]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
thread type

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

There's something in the text that gives Gavin pause. Sibling intuition. It wasn't a question, nor was it accompanied by their playful banter.

I'm not home, but I'll head there. Let yourself in.

It's a rainy, miserable flight from the submarine to the mainland. He hails a taxi and apologizes for his damp clothing as he gets into the back and slides his glasses from his nose, wiping away the droplets that had obscured his vision. Fortunately for them both, the driver isn't in a conversational mood. He's let out at Fallarbor's Pokemon Center and tips generously for the inconvenience.[break][break]

By the time he gets home, his clothes are damp again.[break][break]

Alcremie, having taken instantly to Lulu and remaining near her in the kitchen, lets out an excited squeak as she hears Gavin's key turn in the lock. He's greeted by a cheerful blur of pink... and his sister.[break][break]

His suspicions are confirmed instantly: Something's wrong.[break][break]

"What happened?"

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-gvcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentbg"]background: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentborder"]border-color: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2020 0:52:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu was startled some by alcremie’s outburst. after, her stare settled on the door as the knob turned, and she sighed. their eyes met almost at once, and she could see the concern in his face already. if he stared at her long enough, he’d notice the still fading bruise on her cheek; a token from the drunken night she’d shared with . a bar fight was hardly the issue she was here about, though.

’what happened?’. she was a dumbass, and she couldn’t take it back; that’s what happened. typical, really.

she stared at him for a long moment, the rare sensation of weepiness somewhere in her sinuses again, but it failed to get the better of her. she was cold and aloof, without her usual sense of humor.

“why does dorian know so much about street gangs?” she asked after the silence, deciding to be direct with her questions, but not with her answers yet. here was the perk to their blood relation—or so she assumed. in theory, she’d be privy to the scoop, even on higher-ups like .

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2020 8:38:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

There's a distinct pause as Gavin's eyes narrow, concern shifting to something dangerous.[break][break]

"He knows because it's his job to know." He doesn't hesitate to answer her question truthfully, though his tone is laced with suspicion. He knows his sister was a part of a gang before prison; had Dorian somehow found that out? " is one of our admins, not sure if you knew that. He handles gang activity in Hoenn. We can't have a bunch of lowlife thugs running rampant in Rocket territory, so he makes sure they work for us, not against us."[break][break]

That Lulu might take offense to gang members being referred to as lowlife thugs doesn't so much as cross his mind; their parents hadn't taught them to be sensitive.[break][break]

"He's also fucking dangerous. Why are you asking?"

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2020 10:09:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu wasn't sure how to feel. she was aware of dorian's admin status. she had done her word of mouth research, even when rocket's systems were too advanced for her to get past. she liked to know who she was working with and for.

she wasn’t sure how dorian’s focus on gangs changed anything, but it wasn’t something he’d mentioned. it hadn’t occurred to her that they’d have a hired guy for that, specifically. she supposed it made his words a touch more reassuring, as they could now be understood as promises from the man who was supposed to personally deliver.

that didn’t mean it would happen. she still didn’t feel any better, per se.

at the warning of danger, lulu stared at him, and a strange look crossed her face of brief irritation thinly veiled in a smirk, as though she felt misunderstood and there was no helping him understand. a youngest sibling kind of thing, in a way. she suddenly wanted to yell at him, something about how he hadn’t been there for so long, but she wouldn’t.

their parents had raised them not to expect any praise. there was no great expression of pride in one another. no celebration. yet, lulu had always celebrated her brother quietly, always looked for ways to impress him. her looking for trouble had initially been an act of defiance, as though to say, ‘i’ll show you danger.’ she’d always craved some sort of validation from him that she was strong. she still hadn’t gotten that, and here she was being weak, and she wasn’t sure who she was irritated with more: cillian, or herself.

she took a heavy breath and focused on calm energy. “my old gang is in hoenn.” she said lowly, almost under her breath. it was unlike her not to project her voice. it was something their father had bore into her when she’d mumble as a child. she felt like a child now. running scared to her older brother. “in rustboro, apparently.” a pause. “according to dangerous dorian.”

her eye contact had fallen short long moments ago, and fallen to the countertop again. it felt cold under her hand, nice, compared to the heat in her face.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2020 10:36:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

Lulu's brief flash of defiance is like a spark to Gavin's tinder; it reminds him of the way they'd argue as kids, blazing rows that would land them both in hot water with their parents. Unlike when they were children, Gavin does not allow his anger to smolder and smoke. It's smothered before it can become something dangerous and derail them from the issue at hand: Lulu was in danger.[break][break]

There's another brief spark at the way she stresses the word, dangerous, but Gavin counters it with a deep, level breath.[break][break]

"I'm serious, Saoirse, this guy isn't someone you want to fuck with. Why's he involved in all this?"[break][break]

At their feet, Alcremie expresses her anxiety with a soft whine.[break][break]

"You've never told me about your old gang."[break][break]

Though not explicitly stated, his expectations are clear: start talking. He busies himself with the coffee maker, giving her space to find her words without the weight of his gaze upon her.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 21:53:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

that breath thing he did... someone else in their family did it, and lulu couldn't put her finger on who, but her eyes burned red for a moment at the feeling of a vague memory. that kind of reaction made her want to poke further, especially considering it wasnt what she was used to out of him, but she refrained.

"he's not. i barely know him, okay?" he sighed sharply. "i'm not attempting to fuck with anyone. i went into a bar, and he recognized my tattoo." her brother's response would probably be disbelief at her stupidity, likely not having known her tribal ink to have any endangering meaning. dorian had been a guy and pointed it out for him already, in a warning that had meant 'cover that up'.

the moto dragons were more so a mafia than a gang, at this point. maybe he hadn't been aware that they were more than just your run-of-the-mill street gang of teens. these were the big boys. they'd gone international to johto, and then kanto years ago as a whole, following a trail of violence. lulu had always remained in galar, in their home base faction, with a focus on hacking and extortion missions. she'd been well above the lower-level gang activity when she'd been caught, however, and being that she'd simultaneously played a role akin to data administrator, she imagined there was a potentially high price on her head. she knew too many names.

lulu averted her eyes again as he went to make his coffee, crossing her arms. she wasn't sure where this was going, or what else she had been expecting out of him upon hearing such a thing.

"we were gunrunners, mostly. the dragons are probably the biggest weapons smuggling ring out of galar." she paused, suddenly realizing why there were here, in hoenn, and felt dumb for not realizing it before. "we ran stuff out to johto, and then kanto when things got bad there." she left him to put it together as she had. they could sniff out impending violence from an ocean away.

"i was stationed at their headquarters. they made me play gunman and extortionist just like everyone else, but when they really needed me, i specialized in security breaches, for heists and other things." and then, the kicker, with another sigh, "and because i was good with computers, they put me in charge of a lot of sensitive data. in truth, lulu had been a valued member, especially for her age and potential. they'd suffered a loss in multiple ways when she'd been caught, and the boss had not been very happy.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 15:15:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

She corrects him; his eyes widen, then narrow with the realization.[break][break]

"You let them brand you?" As far as he's concerned, gang tattoos are no different from burning ownership into your skin. In all his years of Rocket, his body has remained his own. "Did you not think about how vulnerable that makes you?"[break][break]

He doesn't say it, but their father's words echo in the silence between them: Weakness gets you killed.[break][break]

It only gets worse as she keeps talking. The coffee maker bubbles and then sings its conclusion, prompting Gavin to pour himself a cup. He adds neither milk nor sugar and holds the steaming mug as he paces, agitated. There's enough left in the pot for Lulu to help herself, but her brother doesn't offer.[break][break]

"Sensitive data," he parrots. "You know how Rocket deals with people who fuck off with our sensitive data?"[break][break]

It's a rhetorical question. He's sure she knows the answer, just as he's sure he knows what'll happen to her if her gang finds out she's in Hoenn.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 19:02:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she thought back. it had been after her first kill, and they’d sat her down with a couple of other new recruits and inked them like it was some kind of manufacturing line. there had been no warning. while they’d technically been given the choice to opt out and leave, they’d all been keenly aware that it would have meant trying to dodge a bullet in the back. all the kids got their ink that day, including lulu. over time, she had blended it into a sort of tribal design that was less conspicuous, but the symbol remained to those who would recognize it. there were sentimental reasons she hadn't covered it up, but now those reasons were outweighed, and it was on the to-do list.

he was pointing out her weakness, blatantly. her eyes held something… pain, maybe?

“you think it was a choice?” only it had been, in a way. at the end of the day, she'd still dug her own grave by seeking them out.

she didn’t go for the coffee, however sleepless the previous night had been. she didn’t want her thoughts running any faster than they already were.

and there it was. now he understood. she looked at him with a knowing expression and didn’t answer at first, chewing on her lip for a second, fidgeting as though she’d never been slapped for it before.

“when they find me, i’m dead, cil.” when, not if. it was matter-of-fact. there was no more fire in her voice, no defiance. she was pretty much rolling over. it was extremely unlike her.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 19:50:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"You had a choice."[break][break]

He's not talking of life or death — no, it had been her decision to get involved with the sort of criminals that would brand their members like cattle. There's disgust in the subconscious sneer that settles across his lips.[break][break]

"I had a choice, too. I can never leave Rocket now."[break][break]

It's the first time he's stated it with such candor. He's sure Saorse has guessed as much; he's an underboss, now, the sort of position you couldn't just walk away from. If he tried to leave, they'd kill him. It's never been stated, not explicitly, but it's something he feels like an ache deep in his bones. When Rocket had fallen and scattered like leaves to the wind, he could have left. He'd stayed.[break][break]

His sister, however, had not remained in her prison.[break][break]

He wants to promise the full force of Rocket's power in defense of his sister. If they made a concentrated effort, they could wipe out the dragons of Hoenn to the last man.[break][break]

He can't, lest he expose them both.[break][break]

"You know I'll do what I can, but this shit's out of my hands, Saoirse." He rakes a hand through his blond hair, pushing it back from his forehead. "Westcliff. Did he say anything else about the gang?"

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 20:24:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“i would have chosen to stay with you.”

it was riddled with bits of subtext that weren't intended, ‘this is your fault’ being one of them, and most of her immediately regretted it. not to mention, she was still showing him her weakness; that she loved him, and they were family, and it had been difficult to leave, and oh, the heartache. really, it had fucked her up royally.

the words surprised her, even leaving her own lips, and she found that she couldn’t hide the sadness in her eyes. after a momentarily deadlocked stare that expressed the shock at herself, backing down, and hoping he'd do that annoying breathing thing again and just pretend it hadn't happened.

when he mentioned not being able to leave rocket, she knew all too well what he meant. she’d already known. she joined, herself, with the knowledge that she was stepping out of one prison and into another. it was never-ending. it was a way of life.

“i know.” she responded dully. “just figured i'd update you so when i disappear, you won't have to wonder.” edgy.

she took a few steps, eyes idly moving around the space again, her feet seeming a bit heavier than usual. “they’re in rustboro. he said rocket would have my back. i left before he could say much else.” it had been a highly uncomfortable situation.

she paused, looking towards a window and then back at cillian. “guessing you don’t smoke in your castle?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 16:16:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

Something dark and cold flickers across his expression.[break][break]

"If I'd known you'd run into the arms of that scum, I would have let you." They'd been so young, back then. Saoirse had still been a teenager. He'd driven her off to protect her, and yet... "You still had Mum and Dad. No one forced you into this shit."[break][break]

Not that he'd been forced into Rocket's employ; it had been a choice, but one he'd made in the wake of his family's abandonment.[break][break]

"Fucking hell," he spits, at her dull remark.[break][break]

Coffee burns a path down his throat. His castle, as Saoirse called it, seemed too peaceful for their grim discussion. It's a scene ripped straight from their childhood — tragedy played out amidst expensive furniture. His mother had quoted the price of the coffee table to him more than once. The first time, he'd still been in hospital with a cast on his arm. Do you have any idea how much that table cost us? He'll never forget.[break][break]

"Not supposed to smoke, period," he grumbles. It's the first time he's alluded to his failed attempt to quit. "We can smoke on the stoop."[break][break]

Half-drank cup of coffee still in hand, he gestures toward the back steps and starts for the door.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 20:05:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL W BIG BRO
heaven's only wishful by mormor

her eyes narrowed at him, no longer attempting to hide anything. she didn’t like that wording, that ‘running into the arms’ of the dragons. it had hardly been for comfort. at that point, she’d been near numbness.

fuck mum and dad.” she said loudly, letting her temper get the better of her for the first time he’d seen in years. it was perhaps the first time she’d ever said it. she huffed through her nose. now that the fire was out in the open, there was no point in trying to hide. “i’d rather get shot in the head than have to see them again, after what they did to you.”

she sighed, placating herself, not making eye contact. to verbally admit such a level of loyalty to him felt strange. “to us.” she amended in a somewhat softer tone. she’d been abused, herself, but lulu had never been the self-pitying type. truth be told, she blamed herself for most things. she was a selfless and protective soul—in the rare case that she truly cared about the person.

at his grumbling, the smallest smile lit her face for a moment, a chance to pick on her brother lightening her heavy negativity. “we weren't raised to be quitters, cil.” she walked past him to walk out the door. going to sit on the edge of the stoop, she then lit a cigarette with a zippo that had steadily been collecting scratches from brushing up against other metal.

she thought for a moment, and then, as though uplifted by her own declaration, “train me to battle. i’ve been practicing. i need a distraction.” she didn’t hit her cigarette for a long moment, her eyes holding on to rational stability as they traveled off into the distance.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 20:40:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

He's surprised by her vitriol as she curses their parents, brows vanishing beneath his bangs. He's more surprised that her anger is on his behalf; perhaps it's simply the anger with which she spits the words, but Saoirse seems to resent them more than he does.[break][break]

"I dug my own grave," and he's parroting their father's words. "No reason for you to get fucked over on my account."[break][break]

He'd hated them at first, cursed his father's name as he lay awake on the lumpy mattress of a shitty hotel room. Yet in a twisted sense, the man had been right: he could have made an honest living, but he'd turned to crime. To Rocket. He'd dug his own grave and he'd be buried in it.[break][break]

In spite of his soured mood, her joke makes him laugh. That's the little sister he knew. "Tell my lungs that; I don't think they got the memo."[break][break]

On the back step, he coughs up phlegm and spits a practiced gob into the dry grass. He takes a long puff of his cigarette.[break][break]

"Like Pokemon battling? Didn't know that was your thing." She'd never cared for it much when they were growing up. Then again, neither had Gavin. He'd learned because he had to be the best at everything. The Riolu that his sister would have remembered him sparring with was a Lucario now, and it had weathered Gavin's experiences alongside him. "I was gunning for Beast, before... y'know." He'd gotten a different kind of promotion. "I'll teach you to fight like a Rocket."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,349 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2020 23:51:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL W BIG BRO
meteorology by overseer

she rolled her eyes while facing away. what was done was done. regretting it would do them no good.

her peripheral vision caught the ball of spit that landed in the grass next to her, and she hit her cigarette. “you’re just gettin’ old.” she teased, smirking as she still faced away, tapping the filter off of the stoop.

sitting with her knees propped up on a step, she yawned widely into her arms, feeling tired despite her unrest and fear. tired wasn’t the word, even. she felt exhausted.

“it wasn’t.” she responded. “it’s kinda fun, though.” it felt powerful, perhaps even more so than hot steel. she looked up at him with a smirk. he’d wanted to be the muscle? “maybe i’ll just have to make it instead.” a joke, to lighten to mood. she just hoped she wouldn’t die before setting foot in her first gym.