[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
be a fighting master

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

redemption. that is what it feels like when the dojo master announces them as the golden generation. these words may be nothing but a spectacle, but if valerio is being truly honest with himself, the euphoric sensation that envelops his body feels like it means something.[break][break]

like there's a chance for forgiveness despite all his shortcomings. like there's a chance for change.[break][break]

despite his loud entrance, he opts to speak less now that the lesson has started than indulge his true personality with the rest of the crowd. afterall, among the members of his class, he is one to, hopefully, successfully maintain his cover through the end.[break][break]

[break]

panting, there is a strange familiarity with the level of training he has not expected to receive from the dojo master. not only did he take him somewhere blissful in his own reimagination of fulfilling glory but the exhilaration he first experienced during his training to be a dragon slayer. after all, the basics of sword-wielding is to know the fighting style of the dragons. in essence, martial arts.[break][break]

“like a shelgon.” he mutters before taking a deep breath and putting his left forearm in-front of his face. the stance supposedly mimics that of a shelgon, like a shield cocooning its evolving body. his right palm reaches it and supports the structure before he crouches to his left, letting out a hard grunt.[break][break]

ooc: guldo pose

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#7038f8;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#7038f8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#7038f8!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 23:42:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","simpleContain"]
[attr="class","simpleHeaderIris"]

[attr="class","simpleMain"]iris feels something in her shift—there's an awareness in her movements, even miniscule, almost mechanical. she flexes her fingers, briefly, before the man's words bring her back.
[break][break]
"what?"
[break][break]
she must have misheard.
[attr="class","simpleDivide]

her expression is wooden; she barely stirs. iris has always known she isn't a performer.
[break][break]
still, there's something in her eyes: a fire uncontained. this hunger for the battlefield has been building up awhile now; iris wonders if she'd truly ever left it behind. glancing to the others, she follows their cues and tries to distract herself with their current exercise.
[break][break]
"uh..." the movement, surprisingly fluid, is ruined only by the hesitance on her face.
[break][break]
recoome pose

[newclass=.simpleContain]width:400px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleHeaderIris]text-align:right;width:380px;height:23px;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/fH74PDr.png);font-size:8px;font-weight;bold;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleHeaderIris img]width:30px;filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(70%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeimg img]width:30px;filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(70%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleMain a]filter:grayscale(10%) brightness(90%);text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleMain]background-color:transparent;width:340px;height:auto;padding:30px;font-size:7pt;letter-spacing:0.2px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleMain b]color:#818fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleMain .vdice-box]margin-top:15px;width:50px;height:50px;border:none;background-color:#2b2b2b;box-shadow:none;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleMain .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797;font-family:verdana;font-size:14px;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleDivide]width:auto;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(60%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 4:15:43 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","solar"]

[break]

[break]

Balder sighed at Kazimir and Bailey's comments, but decided to not delve on that much longer. Especially since the master of the dojo began to speak not long after their introductions. But as the man began to speak, the Alolan man felt a familiar change within him. As if his skin... was becoming like steel again. And that happened when they were dubbed the Golden Generation.[break][break]

Was this man just an Elder Pokkenger? It seemed like the kind of thing Kazimir would say while training someone and being dressed as the Pokkenger. Nonetheless, Balder did feel grateful to the man, for possibly having given him a fraction of his powers back. It... felt weird to have that power without Solgaleo around though.[break][break]

The Master proceeded to punch the air, explaining that he knew Kung Fu. Balder looked upon the form of the man, analyzing his build. Was it really just Kung Fu? Not only did the person's muscle definition seemed to suggest he knew more then just Kung Fu, the fact that he triggered a change in Balder and restored him to his prime form was quite odd to begin with. One could think the Master himself would be a legendary pokemon. But that's impossible, right?[break]

[break]

The training kept moving forward. As Balder sparred with his Infernape, testing the limit of his newly-recovered Steel Skin, the man also took the time to practice the "Stance" that he selected last from the group. There were two specific poses to be specific: a solo one, and a group one. Was this training really not sponsored by Pokkenger's grandfather or something? Balder was ready to hear Kazimir say "Hey grandpa" at some point.[break][break]

Still, he had signed up for this, in the hopes of getting strength. He would go all the way. Thus, when the time came to showcase the Stances, the man did not hesitate, putting his all to make his movements fluid and fast, yet represent the effort and training he had spent all of his life and especially recently. As he finished taking the pose, a strong "Hah!" emerged from his mouth. It wasn't intended, but surely that would only help in the intensity of the pose, right?

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]tldr: Replaced a few for the Galarian fighting types[break]
Burter pose I guess (I'm assuming that's the last one. Otherwise it's whichever is free)
[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]@iris [break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]@research

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.solar b]font-weight:bold;color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:10px;[/newclass]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 9:54:16 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
AN EARLY GRADUATION

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]1ST DAN Z-BELT
[break][break]
Now that’s the spirit! Tap into your qi and let it flow through your body! Only then will you be able to handle your latent spirit!” [break][break]

Everyone’s willingness to indulge the Dojo Master’s antics results in a finishing group pose. Some embrace it in earnest while others have their reservations. So long as they all do it, they’ll come around to feeling the same energy the Dojo Master instilled into them pool within their chest. A second heart beats inside, growing until it explodes all at once. The energy is now yours. [break][break]

[break]

YOU’VE UNLOCKED YOUR Z-POSE. [break]

COMPLETE THE RESEARCH THREAD TO UNLOCK ITS EFFECT. [break][break]

Not too shabby for martial arts, nyeh? I knew from the moment I laid eyes on you that you five would be able to succeed our way of life.” [break][break]

Despite his praise the martial artist turns his back to the class. A heavy sigh racks his body as he resigns himself to his fate. His belt loosens and falls to the ground, gi parted from his neck to his waist. For someone of his age, his body is immaculate, both in definition and spotlessness. There’s no sign of aging or blemishes. It’s perfection personified. [break][break]

But only one of you can learn the secrets of the master. Decide among yourself who is the most worthy to become the KING OF FIGHTERS. If you cannot agree on an answer then I will find a way to decide who is worthy. ” [break][break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]INSTRUCTIONS
[break][break]

• Announce ICly who you think should be the next KING OF FIGHTERS!
  • Your characters do not have to agree with each other!
  • Providing your character's reasoning will help persuade the Dojo Master.
  • Remember, your answer may be valid, but the Dojo Master can be whimsical!

[BREAK]
[break][BREAK]

NOTICE: BE A FIGHTING MASTER
[break]

Make sure you keep the Pokemon required for the prompt on your person until the end of the Research Thread. Please have them listed in your PC as well. At this time, you do not need to track their moves or abilities, but should be able prove that you've acquired them if requested.

[break]
[break]

post in the research thread after everyone has responded. [break]
for a prompt reply, please post in this thread by NOVEMBER 20TH.[break]
the deadline for the next round of posts is NOVEMBER 27TH.[break]
let know if you need more time!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 20:30:35 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class", kheader2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","pokkenger"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[break][break]
as the group pulled off their pose incinemask felt some kind of power well up inside of him. it was enough to almost make his chest swell as he puffed it out as the group pose was finished and the master began talking. it took a second for him to process what he had just said and took a quick glance between himself and the others here.
[break][break]
only one could learn the secrets could they?
[break][break]
for a few seconds his gaze lingered on as he considered the alolan to get the title. he didn't really know the others personally but balder was probably one of the toughest guys he's ever met. even crazier considering he went into ultra space for one guy even if it did cost him greatly. still he thought back to that day the two of them bumped into each other while he was training. then he thought about why he was doing such crazy training in the first place, why he was even here.
[break][break]
"sensei!" incinemask stood tall with a fist beating against his chest and a fire in his eyes. "i nominate myself! like i said i'm looking to be strong to help people, and i've done a lot of fighting myself even coming here! cause i can't just sit back and watch people get hurt without doing anything, but even i have my limits. that's why i need to break those limits. either in training, learning some secret like yours, or..." he lifted the wrestling mask from his face to let his blue eyes filled with determination do the talking as blonde hair draped over them slightly, "even being a hero or symbol that people can depend on or get inspired by. i know i can do so much more for them, and even if i can't i ain't about to stop fighting for love and peace."[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: nominates himself as king of fighters! 'cause he's a hero!

[break][break]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader2]width:350px;height:200px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 10:08:08 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]
[attr="class","euterpe2"]
[attr="class","euterpetop"]

[attr="class","euterpeline"]

[attr="class","euterpeicon"][attr="class","ion-leaf"]

[attr="class","euterpepost"]

She stood in a embarrassed silence, trying to overcome her sense of disgruntlement at the poses that had been inflicted upon them. There was a strange strength to the poses, and it could not be refuted.[break][break]

But, at this cost?[break][break]

She was just thankful she had picked her pose so quickly.[break][break]

Her eyes raised only as the master dropped his gi, and she blinked in a moment of disbelief; the dude was shredded. How the hell was it possible for someone old and brittle to maintain a muscle training regime?[break][break]

That internal dialog died with his question, and her eyes opted to sweep the rest of the class to gauge their responses.[break][break]

's own declaration drawing the faintest hint of surprise. A self-nomination? It must be par for the course.[break][break]

Maybe, it would be expected of them. They would have to state their claim.[break][break]

“I declare myself—” except, she wouldn't.[break][break]

“To be the rightful queen of Galar.”[break][break]

In the silence that elapsed, she would opt to shrug and fold her arms over her chest; her tone so dry, it parched her tongue like juice from a Rawst Berry.[break][break]

"I'm not gonna put stock in a declaration. I say, put money where your mouth is. Lemme see it."[break][break]

Better to fight for it. Better to earn it.

[attr="class","euterpetag"]king of fighters

[attr="class","euterpenotes"]

consider this an abstained vote

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.euterpe]border-left:solid 5px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;color:#757575;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;width:374px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpe2]border:solid 1px #363636;border-left:none;padding:39px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop]height:70px;margin-bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop div]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop img]height:60px;width:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeline]border-top:double 3px #2E2E2E;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeicon]background-color:#252525;font-size:20px;color:#757575;width:40px;text-align:center;margin:-12px auto 0px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;width:150px;text-align:center;margin:-5px auto 0px auto;background-color:#252525;text-transform:uppercase;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;color:#363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost]padding:25px 0px;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost b]color:#e6a930;line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;font-size:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpenotes]color:#757575;padding-top:25px;font-size:10px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2020 6:20:10 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[break]

[break]

The weird training was now complete. While the goal of this training was still obscure, none could deny the feeling that came following that pose. For some, it most likely meant a surge of energy. But for Balder... It felt like his skin hardened once more. Similar to when he had been Solgaleo's avatar. Does this mean he could now freely use that ability, so long as he took the pose first?[break][break]

Of course there was most likely a time limit to that surge of power. But being able to use this power, this strength, once more... It felt good. He didn't feel all that helpless anymore. It was a shame that Solgaleo wasn't there, but maybe with this power, saving it from the maws of the Megalopolans would be easier.[break][break]

Then, the master proceeded to explain he believed in them... But that now, only one of them would be able to inherit the secret of this art. And that everyone should decide who to suggest as the King of Fighters. Kazimir proceeded to suggest himself, while Bailey mocked the process and told everyone to prove themselves instead.[break][break]

The alolan man closed his eyes, considering the options. Bailey's logic wasn't exactly wrong: practically no one knew anything about the other, so how would it allow them to say who's the appropriate person, deserving of learning the secrets? Such thing would most likely lead to everyone promoting themselves.[break][break]

"If we were to go along with that idea, I would most likely suggest K-... Incinemask." said the man as he opened his eyes, looking at the master. "Yet, if I may be so bold Master, I believe that the survival of the art would be assured by teaching the secret to all of us. Since some of us may consider only using this power for themselves and their goals, making sure that everyone learns the secrets would allow the art to live on and be passed to another generation."[break][break]

Balder proceeded to stretch his arms and take a deep breath. "... Or we take Bailey's suggestion and proceed to prove ourselves in the way that this art was developed: by defeating pokemons by ourselves. While I have faced an invasive creature with my bare hands back during the new year, I can't confirm if I have the strength to defeat a pokemon myself. Thus, this would also serve as a trial to prove we are capable." How would the master react to these words.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]tldr: Replaced a few for the Galarian fighting types[break]
Burter pose is not the new Z-Move Pose.[break]
Suggests everyone should learn the secrets, to be able to ensure another generation can learn it.[break]
Or to prove themselves by facing a pokemon each, with their fists.
[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]@iris [break][break]

template by kay

[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2020 3:16:29 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

be a fighting master

valerio does not want to admit that the odd training feels more natural than what he expects. for most people, it isn't. but then again, he doubts if these people have any idea of what it feels like to be trained as a hunter and as a killer.[break][break]

even so, the power that comes surging through his veins does not only come natural but also invigorating and revitalizing. the energy that comes from their master's will carries on, giving them a modicum of what it feels like to be the king of fighters. however, not everything is for free especially for the price of knowledge. not even when you give your life for the cause.[break][break]

he watches the the other three appeal their cases, being the most unsurprising. how the new champion can sound so modest and proud at the same time do make him raise his brows while the other man's bargain makes him think how he's almost similar with the blond.[break][break]

valerio doesn't even notice if the master is looking at him, but he gets his attention with a sneer, a pair of taunting eyes, and a question that he hasn't hear yet. “but sensei, you're the one who's clearly more knowledgeable and more insightful in this discipline. so why are you making us choose?”[break][break]

the redhead crosses his arms, his smug look suddenly turning cheeky. “unless you want to hide that you clearly have your favorite, eh?” he winks, suggesting the old lad to choose him.[break][break]

but if valerio is to choose, what suggested doesn't sound any bad at all. after all, the principle, “action speaks louder than words” still rings true.[break][break]

ooc: valerio teases the master to pick him but doesn't mind having to fight for the title

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#7038f8;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#7038f8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 1:05:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","simpleContain"]
[attr="class","simpleHeaderIris"]

[attr="class","simpleMain"]as kazimir pipes up, iris wonders if this was the reaction the man was expecting. was he waiting for them to make their cases, too? she tries—and struggles—to come up with an argument of her own.
[break][break]
the answers of everyone, though slightly different, still avoided the answer kazimir had offered so brazenly. iris finds herself leaning towards the majority.
[break][break]
"let's do it, then," she says, as a lull falls and leaves her room to speak, "i can prove myself." there's a quiet confidence in her expression; iris is unsure of how much she believes it.

[newclass=.simpleContain]width:400px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleHeaderIris]text-align:right;width:380px;height:23px;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/fH74PDr.png);font-size:8px;font-weight;bold;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleHeaderIris img]width:30px;filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(70%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeimg img]width:30px;filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(70%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleMain a]filter:grayscale(10%) brightness(90%);text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleMain]background-color:transparent;width:340px;height:auto;padding:30px;font-size:7pt;letter-spacing:0.2px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleMain b]color:#818fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleMain .vdice-box]margin-top:15px;width:50px;height:50px;border:none;background-color:#2b2b2b;box-shadow:none;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleMain .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797;font-family:verdana;font-size:14px;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.simpleDivide]width:auto;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(60%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 3:09:31 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A DECISION IS MADE

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]PROVE YOUR WORTH
[break][break]
Oh ho ho!” [break][break]

The Dojo master listen to each cause one after another, starting with none other than . As the first one to speak up, the Dojo Master puts more weight onto his opinion, giving the man a chance to set the tone for the discussion. It comes as no surprise that the first one to speak out would also elect themselves as the most worthy. It shows initiative, however, the premise of his justification falls short. [break][break]

An admirable goal, young one, but what determines the KING OF FIGHTERS is not a sense of righteousness or a need to do good—” [break][break]

The rest of the class seem to agree. is the first to put up the general consensus that the title should be earned rather than given and it seems to resonate with the other four. Even with ’s recommendation, the chance of the title going to Kazimir uncontested dwindles away as the matter becomes one that must be settled in a test of skill. [break][break]

—but one who is indisputably able to capture the previous KING’S attention! The KING OF FIGHTERS must be able to demonstrate a martial arts so captivating that all marvel at its presence!” [break][break]

provides a good point but there’s an underlying assumption that, no matter how small, makes him technically incorrect. “Then I shall be the one to pick. The one who should be KING OF FIGHTERS is…” [break][break]

The Dojo Master balls both of his hands into fists. His grip proves so strong that beyond the white skin of his knuckles is a tension that coats the room in dread. What they face is not any normal martial artist, or even human at that. What they face is the culmination of humanity’s pursuit of physical combat. [break][break]

ME!” [break][break]

His legs bend as his feet spread out, planting a firm stance. His left hand is brought in, close to his chest, while the other remains raised, further away from his body to intercept any attack that comes his way. His stance seems familiar though, showing a perfect SKETCH of a Sawk. [break][break]

Human. Pokemon. Whoever. Show me a technique that will leave me in AWE!” [break][break][break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]INSTRUCTIONS
[break][break]

• Show the Dojo Master your stuff! Defeat him or show him a technique he can't help but recognize!
  • You may use any Pokemon you currently own! You must keep that Pokemon until the end of this thread. You must have owned that Pokemon prior to the last mod post.
  • Any Pokemon you pick will be magically scaled to fit within the Dojo. You do not have to pick a Pokemon that fits or does not fit. Ask for further details about Suspension of Belief.

[BREAK]
[break][BREAK]

NOTICE: BE A FIGHTING MASTER
[break]

Make sure you keep the Pokemon required for the prompt on your person until the end of the Research Thread. Please have them listed in your PC as well. At this time, you do not need to track their moves or abilities, but should be able prove that you've acquired them if requested.

[break]
[break]

post in the research thread after everyone has responded. [break]
the deadline for the next round of posts is JANUARY 8TH.[break]
let know if you need more time![break]
@iris

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 20:31:14 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class", kheader2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","pokkenger"]
[attr="class","team2"]

maybe he shouldn't have gotten his hopes up so much when everyone started to suggest that instead of just voting they'd...fight it out against one another for the title. now kazimir wasn't opposed to the idea, hell he would have jumped at the chance if the master offered it himself. when everyone else was saying they'd rather fight it out it sort of made a hint of embarrassment well up inside of the man's stomach as he started to see himself as sort of selfish now for being the only one to actually vote.
[break][break]
hopefully no one notice him take a step back but stopped after a single one when the master began to speak and name the candidate for king of fighters. kazimir did take a second to process it when he nominated himself and challenged them all to come at him and demonstrate their martial prowess. of all things he was going to take the name for himself and make them work for it? it was...it was...well it wasn't really that unexpected given how enthusiastic that he was about it in the beginning. the whole situation got a chuckle out of the masked blonde as he reached down his belt for a pokeball. "boy sensei you are a riot! alright then if that's how its gonna be, don't go crying on us if we bruise or break something OKAY!"
[break][break]
tossing the ball forward it opened up to reveal his choice of fighter, an urshifu. the large bear like creature was sat on its knees and opened its eyes to view its opponent right in front of it. it stared at the old man for a few seconds before rising up into a fighting stance with its arms up and close to itself. it's gaze darted back towards kazimir as the trainer approached from behind it and placed a hand on his partner's shoulder, "you feeling that domon? let's show this guy what your made of, hit him with your best shot."
[break][break]
with a grunt and a nod the urshifu steeled his stance even further and focused his gaze back onto the master before lowering his fists down as a faint dark glow enveloped the pokemon. in a flash the glow erupted into a powerful aura as domon dashed forward at almost blinding speed with its fist drawn and punched forward at the master's muscled and chiseled body looking to break it with its wicked blow and strike a critical hit against him.
[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: urshifu uses wicked blow!

[break][break]

template by kay

[newclass=.kheader2]width:350px;height:200px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 21:53:37 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[break]

[break]

The actions of the master sure kept going against their expectations. Declaring himself as the "King of Fighters"? Not what was to be expected. But the last part of his speech, where they needed to prove themselves by displaying techniques that would leave the man in awe. Plus, the stance he took... A complete imitation of a Sawk.[break][break]

Noticing that trait, Balder decided to summon his own Sawk onto the field. The man observed the stance of his pokemon, analyzing it. "Ushi, Bulk up. I'm going to recreate it." The creature bowed to show its understanding before taking a pose again and concentrating its energy, its muscles visibly expanding a bit. The muscles had thickened, raising its attack and defense.[break][break]

Balder nodded at the observation and proceeded to take a deep breath. Then, he took the stance he had learned earlier, circulating energy throughout his body. Not only does his Steel Skin activate, but he can also feel a fire raging through his muscles, as if they had tightened and were ready to unleash an explosive force.[break][break]

But then... The mythical creature that was tagging along Incinemask/Kazimir proceeded to lunge towards the master. A bold move, yet it held no preparations whatsoever. It seemed like Kazimir was getting more and more hasty as time progressed. Impatience could be dangerous for him, especially in this situation. And if the master was really the epitome of physical combat... The Urshifu would get destroyed.[break][break]

Balder proceeded to hurry up, getting between the Urshifu and the old master. As the bear unleashed its Wicked Blow, Balder proceeded to tighten his defense. The hit proceeded to connect, a critical hit that pierced his guard, making the ex-gym leader lose his breath and seem wobbly on his legs. But...[break][break]

"Alolan-Style..." He was not down yet. Most likely due to the added resistance from his steel skin and the previous Bulk Up, the man had some strength left in him. And he was in the best position to fight back right now, possibly show the master what his true worth was. The man took a step forward, shattering the wood underneath his foot and surrounding it as he circulated the energy through his body. He then brought his hands to his side, a light gleaming in his eyes.[break][break]

"COUNTER!!!"[break][break]

[break][break]

Bringing his hands forward, Balder pushed all the energy he had accumulated into his body towards the body of the Urshifu, trying to return double the damage that he suffered while striking as hard as he could. While this wasn't the perfected move that a fighting pokemon would do, the man did hope it would be sufficient to have at least the Urshifu back up.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

Analyzes the master's words and stance.[break]
Summons his own Sawk to immitate Bulk Up[break]
Activates his Steel Skin ability while imitating Bulk Up[break]
Sees Kaz's Urshifu go for an attack against the master and intervenes.[break]
Takes the hit and uses Counter to send back double the damage.
[break][break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 8:57:50 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]
[attr="class","euterpe2"]
[attr="class","euterpetop"]

[attr="class","euterpeicon"][attr="class","ion-leaf"]

[attr="class","euterpepost"]

Sometimes, it was better to just get it over with.[break][break]

Everyone rushed into the fray of battle, and the Champion felt that the “king of fighters” had finally said something that made sense.[break][break]

Wanna be king of fighters? Fight for it.[break][break]

No shit.[break][break]

She took one step forward as others executed something grand, something spectacle. Not her. She breathed and roused the earth without gesture or thought.[break][break]

And summoned a section of earth to try and lace like a ziptie around the king's foot; the foot kept behind him, where he would most likely distribute his weight.[break][break]

A use of avatar powers that would be difficult to attribute to herself. After all, she had merely taken a step forward, like she was awaiting an opening.

[attr="class","euterpetag"]king of fighters

[attr="class","euterpenotes"]

simple.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.euterpe]border-left:solid 5px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;color:#757575;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;width:374px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpe2]border:solid 1px #363636;border-left:none;padding:39px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop]height:70px;margin-bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop div]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop img]height:60px;width:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeline]border-top:double 3px #2E2E2E;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeicon]background-color:#252525;font-size:20px;color:#757575;width:40px;text-align:center;margin:-12px auto 0px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;width:150px;text-align:center;margin:-5px auto 0px auto;background-color:#252525;text-transform:uppercase;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;color:#363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost]padding:25px 0px;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost b]color:#e6a930;line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;font-size:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpenotes]color:#757575;padding-top:25px;font-size:10px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 19:49:06 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

be a fighting master

the master's response is exactly what valerio has expected. he chuckles as he retrieves a ball dangling from his belt, then pulls and straps its laces onto his torso as the accessory doubles into a baby carrier.[break][break]

“i hope you don't mind this baby with me, gramps. she's my lucky charm.”[break][break]

he sneers before he stomps and locks his feet on the ground, in a pose similar to what he has learned just before (guldo pose). the power is strange and unfamiliar but he believes in making things perfect with practice. after all, it is attuned to his training as a dragon slayer to observe the enemy and its surroundings before making a move.[break][break]

and 's display are what to be expected but he knows it does not suit his fighting-style. , on the other hand, seems to be waiting for something to happen... or perhaps plotting a strategy he is not entirely aware of.[break][break]

as for valerio, he is not as helpless as what he seems to be. proving himself to the dojo master doesn't mean he has to lay down all his cards on the table.[break][break]

for now.[break][break]

eggnog waves her hand as she finds joy with their action. the shadow togepi has a little more control of her abilities now, and she understands what valerio wants and uses shadow metronome to make fail and make urshifu's attack connect.[break][break]

“good. now, for our turn.”[break][break]

afterwards, she waves her hands once again as she dives into future sight, equipping valerio with foresight of how the master will attack. valerio breaks from his position, then runs into the dojo master as his fists ball and jab into the king's muscular body.[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]
@iris

tl;dr[break]
VALERIO uses GULDO POSE as he observes and strategize his move[break]
VALERIO summons SH!TOGEPI[break]
SH!TOGEPI uses SHADOW METRONOME (to prevent from countering urshifu and make its wicked blow land on the dojo master)[break]
SH!TOGEPI uses FUTURE SIGHT (to guide valerio with his own attacks)[break]
VALERIO attacks the dojo master on his own[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
KING OF FIGHTERS
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 7:07:14 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

KING OF FIGHTERS

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qceym8axUY1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]

THE DOJO MASTER GRUNTS. “Ho, ho, ho! One of those,” he sneers with confidence at the sight of an Urshifu. It reminds him of the two he beat at THE TOWER OF STRENGTH. How would this one, trained under Kazimir instead, fare?

Everyone has their own method of attacking. The League Champion, , lands the first strike with her avatar powers. An undetected layer of earth coils around his feet but they accomplish nothing of note. They simply exist, a brace to hamper his movement should he try to step forward.

Kazimir’s Urshifu’s speed makes him the second to come closest. The WICKED BLOW is sure to land a critical hit but Balder launches himself right in front of it. Using it to empower his COUNTER is a brilliant move but Valerio’s interference makes the attempt go awry.

His Shadow Togepi had intended to make him misstep, out of the way of Kazimir’s attack, but instead the Shadow Pokemon’s misfortune causes his COUNTER to fizzle out, only returning a fraction of the damage he took.

I think I’ll take that for myself,” the Dojo Master chuckles, taking one step forward, breaking Bailey’s binds with the sheer robustness of his ankles. With Balder between him and Kazimir’s Urshifu, he brings down his hand in a WICKED BLOW, striking the Alolan on the shoulder from behind. The force behind his strike dwarfs the Urshifu, crumpling STEEL SKIN like aluminum foil. Balder will find his feet buried in the mat. The Dojo Master’s strength is inhuman.

Valerio lands an easy blow from his side but it doesn’t so much as faze the Dojo Master. Iris too attacks from another angle, placing a fluid kick to his ribs. Neither of them are able to strike with enough strength to dent his burly brawn.

INSTRUCTIONS
let spiral know when you both post.
you no longer have to keep all your fighting type pokemon.
however, if you use them you should have their movesets.