Rework

Rufian
He/Him/His
April 22nd
Heterosexual
Leaguer
23 height
23 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rufio
Rufio McGillis
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 0:10:15 GMT
Rufio McGillis Avatar

It was time to put some of his newer Pokemon to the test, while also challenging his already "veteran" Pokemon. His newer Pokemon being Morph and Moore, a Morpeko and Mudkip respectively while his older and more experienced Pokemon were Lockjaw and Zweihander, a Croconaw as well as a Doublade.

As such Rufio found himself presently strolling up to the Battle Hut with the expectation that he would win, likely outright without the single loss of a Pokemon. Regardless of his mindset the ginger would continue forward until he found himself in the registering area before then being guided to the waiting room before he was to be called to the arena floor.

And then it was time....

Walking up as the bright yellow lights seared his eyes Rufio would nonetheless keep his cool, both hands in his jacket's front pockets as he almost lazily stood there with a faint half-grin on his marked face.

Well, first time on a stage.

Hmm, think I'll like beating up whimps in front of a crowd.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2020 17:24:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

we blackin out by great dane
BARE KNUCKLE BEAT DOWN MISSION

lulu had decided, in the wake of all her life’s happenings, it was time for her to focus on a hobby. battling had become that new focus. the elements, the power, the audience here… it all served as a great distraction from the looming consequences of her outside actions. it allowed her to dissociate. it was a game—one that she was getting good at.

rufio would find no wimp standing in front of him. the rocket that stood opposite tossed a pokeball over and over, catching it in the palm of her hand confidently, sending him a menacing smile. she had a black hoodie on, the over-sized hood pulled over to shadow most of her face, as always. having been frequenting the arena, she’d become a small-time renowned enigma among regulars to the hut who weren’t aware of her employment. a portion of the crowd, recognizing her, cheered.

“hope you came ready, kid.” she called over, her galarian accent thick. she tossed out the ball in her hand, a scyther releasing from it. she was eager to see how it fared, having recently acquired it. the poor thing was in for a bumpy ride. lulu had one hell of a savage training method.

the referee lowered a hand and stepped back, and a bell sounded.

“scyther, X-SCISSOR!

the pokemon rushed forward in a blur, its sharp appendages slashing in a diagonal crossing pattern at its opponent with impressive speed. lulu smirked at its obedience.

close tab

played by

Rework

Rufian
He/Him/His
April 22nd
Heterosexual
Leaguer
23 height
23 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rufio
Rufio McGillis
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2020 23:15:42 GMT
Rufio McGillis Avatar

A red haired woman, unlike most females however she appeared to be what many would consider intimidating if not sinister.

Nonetheless he would appear unamused, unbothered even as she spoke, even as she summoned her Scyther, even as the referee motioned for the bell, not even when Scyther came rushing at him with no defense between them.

That was until Rufio finally called forth his own Pokemon....

Zweihander the Doublade!

Coming from blue energy taking form as the Pokemon was released from it's Poke Ball the pair of "swords" would twirl about momentarily before crossing each other in the form of an "X". However instead of dodging the attack or defending against it, naturally due to her "No Guard" ability, Zweihander would actually counter with her own assault.

Zweihander, Aerial Ace!!

And with that the pair of swords would seperate once more while gliding through the air in an elegant dance as she made her way toward the Scyther that was rushing in. In another moment four blades would clash, swords and Scyther's arms causing Zweihander to wince though she "Stood her ground" while floating about.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2020 7:19:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

mongoloid alien by venetian snares

a doublade. she had mixed feelings about them. she was a fan of steel-types, but ghosts weren’t her favorite.

the scyther took the countering blow, but righted itself again on fluttering wings, shaking off the hit quickly. lulu’s face grimaced for just a moment. “come on, get at it. make it dizzy!”

the scyther used AGILITY, rushing around the field. lulu knew they were at a disadvantage. she’d let the scyther take a beating. she wanted to see what sort of fighting spirit it had before switching out.

close tab

played by

Rework

Rufian
He/Him/His
April 22nd
Heterosexual
Leaguer
23 height
23 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rufio
Rufio McGillis
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 19:19:47 GMT
Rufio McGillis Avatar

Hee, hee.

Sending your bug out for the slaughter, eh? Plan on figuring out our fighting style that way? Hm?!

Or you got something else up your sleeve, huh?

Continuing to chuckle to himself as his opponent gave their Scyther charge to use Agility, Rufio would proceed to crane his neck from side to side before resting it at an awkward angle to the left while giving his own orders then.

Zweinhander, use Iron Defense!

Twirling about in place before crossing into a "T" form the pair of sentient weapons would begin to shine and gleam a bright white before taking on a steely gray sheen that would soon fade as well. Looking normal as ever afterward the Doublade would nonetheless prepare itself for the next onslaught with an improved defense.

You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into, hahahh!

Your move!

Zweihander the Doublade; +2 Defense
Gender; Female
Ability; No Guard [Is always hit by moves, but all of it's moves land]
Moveset;
Autotomize
Aerial Ace
Iron Defense - [used]
Power Trick
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 19:47:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu’s competitiveness was riled. “you talk a lot of shit, kid—better back it up!” she called back, egging him on in turn with a grin. “we’ve got a few tricks! scyther, let’s balance things out!”

the sycther never stopped moving, brandishing its blade-like appendages as it did so. its arms began to glow, and he raised them, performing a SWORDS DANCE to raise his attack by two stages.

“i’ll quit fucking around now if you do!” this was more of an offensive move kind of crowd.

close tab

played by

Rework

Rufian
He/Him/His
April 22nd
Heterosexual
Leaguer
23 height
23 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rufio
Rufio McGillis
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 21:29:51 GMT
Rufio McGillis Avatar

Oh the irony, literally...You'll see true balance in Zweihander, heee, hee!

Both Zweihander and Rufio would watch on as the Scyther began to glow and it's arm-blades moved in a simple, yet beautiful way.

Was it Swords Dance?

Zweihander, you go ahead and use our special flying Swords Dance, yeah!

With that order the Doublade would begin to "Dance" in place, however this was merely a feint, it was not using Swords Dance. Instead the blades would begin to part a bit with one slowly drifting upwards into the air...until it would then soar upward in an arcing motion before twirling about to descend in spiraling fashion as it attempted to deliver an AERIAL ACE at Scyther in hopes of taking advantage of it's momentary pause along with the fact that Zweihander itself was using underhanded tactics.

Zweihander the Doublade; +2 Defense
Gender; Female
Moveset;
Autotomize
Aerial Ace - [used]
Iron Defense
Power Trick
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword

tl/dr;
Zweihander FAKES using Swords Dance
One part/sword of Doublade stays in place, the other sneakily employs AERIAL ACE

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 21:48:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu shook her head, lips still curled over her teeth viciously. who the hell was this kid? this was proving interesting, and, admittedly, fun. her eyes narrowed some beneath her hood at the trickery.

“scyther! meet it with AIR SLASH!” quick as its speed still soared from AGILITY, it reacted just in time to meet the doublade’s blow with one of his own, wincing as it still took some of the impact. it jumped away, looking somewhat beaten, but shaking it off once its trainer threw out a tough “you’re not done yet! keep at it.” with that, it began moving quickly, gracefully again.

close tab

played by

Rework

Rufian
He/Him/His
April 22nd
Heterosexual
Leaguer
23 height
23 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rufio
Rufio McGillis
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 22:39:29 GMT
Rufio McGillis Avatar

Blades would clash again, Zweihander's steely resolve coming from it's Steel-Type nature if only, the sentient swords otherwise providing no visual evidence of pain though they had taken some damage over the course of the battle nonetheless.

Not done yet?!

Only because I'm allowing this to drag out, hee, hee!

Zweihander, prepare to finish this off, use Swords Dance forreal this time!

Obliging their Trainer the Doublade would begin to gracefully dance about in place, the pair of swords essentially being dancing partners. Completing their endeavor Zweihander would then cross back into an "X" and awaited their opponent's next turn.

Zweihander the Doublade; +2 Defense, +2 Attack
Gender; Female
Moveset;
Autotomize
Aerial Ace
Iron Defense
Power Trick
Swords Dance - [used]
Sacred Sword

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2020 18:48:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“go ahead then, keep it comin'!” this fight had become for training purposes. she didn’t expect to win. the scyther, though slowed a hair by its injuries despite the continuing effects of AGILITY, still moved about the arena, its strength and spirit shining through. lulu finally smiled appreciatively.

X-SCISSOR, again!” she’d briefly considered double team, but she would keep on the offense, cruelly eager to witness how many punches this new member of her team could withstand before falling unconscious. she watched for an impending blow. the crowd cheered, there for violence no longer entirely concerned who delivered the most of it.

close tab

played by

Rework

Rufian
He/Him/His
April 22nd
Heterosexual
Leaguer
23 height
23 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rufio
Rufio McGillis
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2020 17:13:45 GMT
Rufio McGillis Avatar

Zweihander the Doublade was fast and yet their opponent Scyther had used Agility, improving it's own speed. And while the sentient swords had their own ability to increase their speed Rufio saw no need to request it due to his Pokemon's innate nature of always landing hits in exchange for always being hit as well.

As such they'd only waste time in using Autotomize, because of this they'd keep with the bread and butter due to it's super effectiveness.

Finish this, Aerial Ace one more time!

Zipping forward and spiraling about in vivid rotations Doublade would this time be even more flashy, using one blade to take the hits from Scyther's X-Scissor, while the second came in without resistance, aiming to thrust it's sharp point forward and against the bug's chest if able. If their opposition managed to keep going after this Rufio would've been surprised though he'd never admit shock to his opponent nor would he admit their expertise in combat or resilience.

Zweihander the Doublade; +2 Defense, +2 Attack
Gender; Female
Moveset;
Autotomize
Aerial Ace - [used]
Iron Defense
Power Trick
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
that was my joke guess
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2020 3:06:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

sorry this took so long <3 we can end or if you like, or continue to the next round. (:

as the doublade's floating appendage came down on the scyther's front, it reeled back some. only a small step was taken forward again towards the opponent before the bladed bug fell forward to the ground, on its chin, with a thud. lulu stared at the heap of its body, a strange smirk remaining on her face.

she wasn’t disappointed with its performance—nor was she disappointed with their opponents.

“that’s a strong doublade you’ve got there. let’s see how much it can take before it breaks.” her teeth flashed. a pokeball finally returned the fallen scyther, not quickly enough, and then the same hand went to toss out a blaziken. it appeared in stance, at the ready.