[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
girl's night out

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

“i take it they don't have a desmarais, no?” selena takes the stool beside skyler's, her sit makes home with the unfamiliar environment that is her city's downtown bar.[break][break]

she whispers her words like she's actually shy of admitting. “my taste buds prefer this particular pinot noir, but i may try some other things if you'll let me.”[break][break]

after all, she has not introduced her family name to her. and it seems like the lady has no idea also of her being a gym leader. it makes it fun for the pinkette to goof around without thinking any consequences.[break][break]

“so, you say you're a hunter.” she breaks the looming silence as they wait for the bartender to return with their orders. “what, is this the kind of place where you get requests for bounty or something?”

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#bf91b5!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2020 19:32:54 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The barkeep disappears behind a metal door, possibly to relay their order to tonight's resident cook, and Skyler leans into the counter with the ease of someone who is familiar with their surroundings. She rests her head on her propped arm, eyeing Selena with a curious glint in her eyes.

An eyebrow quirks up at Selena's words, and the corners of her mouth twitch with amusement.
"I'm afraid pinot noir isn't on the menu." The place has wine, but its quality might be a bit... questionable. At best. Their tacos and margaritas are to die for though. "I'm going for a margarita myself."

When Sharpe returns, Skyler flags him down for their drinks. The captain then turns her attention to Selena again when she speaks. There's a visible air of confusion as Selena's words register, her brow furrowed. Hunter? Skyler wasn't a hunter, much less a bounty hunter. Unless-

"Oh. Oohh! No, no no no. I'm not a bounty hunter." That'd be pretty badass though. A small chuckle escapes her at the notion. "I'm a treasure hunter. I have my own boat and I go around exploring the ocean and finding all sorts of interesting things."

Their drinks arrive along with their food - the smell of tacos is almost overwhelming and Skyler's mouth is already watering. "What about you, Selena? Are you some sort of vigilante or something?" She'd seemed pretty confident when dealing with criminals. Efficient too. "Secret agent maybe?"

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 8:01:45 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

girl's night out

selena can only gasp with clarity, finally realizing what the words "hunter" meant. otherwise, she doesn't know if she's obliged to report on skyler especially when she's starting to make friends with her.[break][break]

“that's... a relief, actually.” she digs into the plateful of tacos, lifting one as she pass it on from hand to hand, adjusting with the heat.[break][break]

“i'm guess i'm just a pretty good trainer.” she chuckles before finally chomping down. “what do you know! this actually tastes heavenly!”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 21:27:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Eyebrows lift at Selena's reaction. To be fair, her job as a treasure hunter does sometimes skirt those dangerously grey areas when it comes to the law. Being a treasure hunter demands turning a blind eye to certain things.

Not that Skyler would say so to Selena. 

A lopsided smile lifts Skyler's lips at Selena's reaction.
"Tacos are always heavenly, but these? These are the best." Skyler takes a gulp of her margarita. "The drinks too!" She winks at the barkeep as he walks past, a devilish smile curling her lips when the man doubles back and pours a bit more into their glasses with a wink.

"A pretty good trainer, huh?"
The way Selena had handled the situation didn't exactly fit the description of just a trainer, but then again what did Skyler know? "I have Pokémon, but I was never a trainer trainer. I've only been in, what, two pokémon battles in my life?" 

● tags:

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 16:34:30 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

girl's night out

“you're kidding, right?”[break][break]

the pinkette swallows the taco inside her mouth as she gapes with bewilderment. how can someone in her more-or-less-twenties has only two pokemon battles in her entire life?[break][break]

“apart from the gigs and part-time jobs, it is what helps me get through college.”[break][break]

the desmarais are rich folks, but the patriarch does not approve of her taking journalism in her career. or even a pokemon trainer. but even as a child, selena knows being a winery heiress is not her goal in life.[break][break]

“spectators pay a huge sum of money for great battles. so yeah, i have to.”[break][break]

she chuckles before downing her shot of liquor.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 23:29:58 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"No joke."
A chuckle escapes Skyler's throat at the astonishment that lights up Selena's features. "I mean, I have battles under my belt, just not, y'know, official, league-sanctioned ones. I mostly use my pokémon in battles when I'm on my job. Against wild pokémon or rival treasure hunters. So. I do have some experience." She'd just never understood the allure of doing it professionally - for a living.

"College? Not my thing. It's a sailor's life for me. With a side of treasure hunting."
The wink that is sent Selena's way is as mischievous as the smile that tugs at Skyler's lips. "Watcha studying, Selena?" 

With a swift movement of her arm, Skyler downs the rest of the drink, laughing when the barkeep quirks an eyebrow at her. "One more round!"

● tags:

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 8:15:09 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Unofficial matches are fun too! Because they are, you know...” She leans closer to the lady. “No holds barred. You get me?”

She gets another bite from the snack in which she realizes she has already ate her share. Disappointed, she calls the bartender behind and orders three more batches of tacos. The barkeep is bewildered, looking at her with strange eyes and proceeds to inform the kitchen of the order.

“It's easy if you have your life for yourself.” She does not want her words to drown in bitterness so she gulps a good portion of the drink to conceal her emotion. “Mine isn't anything like that. That's why I need to study: to get away from my parent's expectations of me.”

And after coating her throat with the liquor, her eyes squint, and then she smiles.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 21:49:06 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Oh yeah, I getcha." Skyler doesn't try to hide the fierce, lopsided grin that pulls at her lips, memories of adrenaline-inducing battles coming unbidden to the surface. "It's a competitive business, treasure hunting. Some fellows don't take well to you sniffing around their turf. You gotta know how to beat them back."

If there's a playful challenge in her eyes, it's soon concealed as she downs her drink with a single motion of her arm.

"You make your own path; whatever it takes." The feeling is a familiar one, reflected in flashing silver eyes. Skyler raises a glass up in invitation, grinning. "May Arceus have pity on whoever stands in our way! Cuz we'll have none!" 

She's only half-joking, wholly unashamed at her bold, ridiculous statement.

"Now I'm curious," the sailors starts, peering at Selena and finishing off the last of her food, "if you had your way, what would you be doing? Where would you be?"

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 1:54:15 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena raises her glass with Skyler, pulling a chuckle out of the pinkette. “May Arceus punish them real hard!”

At that moment, she realizes despite their audacious demeanor inside the pub, no one cares. It's as if she can be herself at that moment without thinking what others think of her. As if her responsibilities are of a different realm and she is just there, spending the hours having fun until the morning rise for another day to start again.

“Oh, don't worry. I already got what I wanted.” She beams as her three platefuls of taco is served on her side of the counter. “To be a journalist, that is. To be part of the top reporters in the country!”

But Is it all that she wanted? Is it truly what she wanted? No one knows.

Not even her.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 18:09:31 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The drink that had been halfway to Skyler's mouth abruptly stops its motion at Selena's answer, two eyebrows arching up in something like surprise before the shot resumes its journey, slipping past the blonde's lips to burn a pleasant path down her throat. "A journalist, huh?" A finger is pointed threateningly at the pinkette, though the look on Skyler's face is mischievous, playful even. "I better not end up on the news tomorrow, Selena."

The amount of food that placed in front of Selena isn't missed. "Feeling hungry, huh? Probably for the best, given the wide range of alcoholic beverages we're going to try." A hand sneaks out to swipe one of the tacos from Selena's plate, shamelessly popping it into her mouth and chewing, smugness radiating from her.

"Shpeakin' of-" Skyler's still chewing when she turns and leans the upper part of her body over the counter, so much so that it looks as if she wants to dive into the other side of the counter, butt up in the air. "Hey Locke! Get us two Naked Wenches!"

The sailor doesn't bother lowering her voice, looking back at Selena with a barely disguised twinkle in her silver eyes that promises nothing but trouble. "You better prepare, those cocktails pack a punch. But they're delicious, I promise. You only get 'em here though. House special."

The bubbling, frothing drinks that are placed on the counter in front of them look anything but safe to drink. A challenging smirk is directed at Selena as Skyler picks up her glass.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 8:14:19 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“What? Didn't I tell you a while ago that I'm a reporter?” Selena giggles with Skyler's reaction, riding along with the sailor's kind of humor. “That depends on what kinds of news you're getting yourself into.”

The pinkette eyes the blonde as she shoves down a taco from her platefuls, Selena missing the opportunity to hit her hand playfully before Skyler successfuly snatches one. There is brimming overconfidence with the way she puts herself out there but as far as she is concerned, a person raised in the winery business shouldn't be the first one to pass out on good days like this.

“Oh yeah? I like to see you outdrink me.” Selena teases as she grabs a drink for herself and downs an entire glass of Castelia in one go. Her companion will probably laugh at her with the way her face twitches after doing so.

Note: Made Manhattan=Castelia for IC consistency SKSK

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 14:57:22 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler can already feel the warming of her cheeks as the alcohol sneaks into her bloodstream, painting her skin a subtle shade of pink over her sun-kissed skin. "I'm not getting into any kind of news," the sailor declares, sliding a glass of frothing alcohol closer to her. Silver eyes narrow at the pinkette, mischievous. "Trouble, on the other hand..." Her taunting words are punctuated by a sly grin, though it doesn't stay long before a short bark of laughter spills forth.

"So I better behave myself in your company, huh?" It's as if Skyler's taking this as a challenge, which is made all the more obvious when she drinks the next glass in one go, gulping the liquid down with no hesitation whatsoever. Her face is the picture of nonchalance as she quirks an eyebrow at the glass in Selena's hand - daring her.

Selena's expression after she down her drinks does have the sailor guffawing, peals of unrestrained, wild laughter spilling from her lips as she leans forward, holding onto her belly. "Y-You aren't looking too well there. Are you sure you wanna challenge me, Ms Journalist?" A hand pats the pinkette's arm, playful.

There is a shit-eating grin on Skyler's face as the laughter finally subsides and she raises her eyes to Selena's. "I'll have you know I can handle my drink like a champ. This one time I woke up in the middle of the ocean, on my Wailord..."

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2021 3:16:50 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Oh yeah? Not even if you get recognized for discovering a great treasure in your hunt?”

Selena returns the cheeky guffaw as she downs another from her drink. Being part of the media industry, she totally understands why some people wouldn't want to be written on a news. Being a celebrity is not for everybody.

“Not necessarily. Believe me, I'm more on the radical side than conservative.”

She winks before pairing the alcohol with a bite of taco. Despite the expression that paints a funny impression in Skyler's head, Selena's pale skin still reflects the faint glow from the light at the alcove with a blush of pink.

“Ha! It's just this isn't my liquor of choice but don't get ahead of yourself. You don't know how long a Desmarais can hold her liquor.”

This time, her chuckle is more loud and unrestrained. It has been a long time since she laughs like this and she's savoring every moment she has at the bar. Once Skyler begins her story, the pinkette rests her chin on her hands as she listens to her musings.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 19:42:13 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Especially if I discover a great treasure during my hunts." Skyler could just imagine the chaos: museums clamoring for part of it, claiming historically priceless artifacts; other treasure hunters sharpening their knives and ready to go for her throat; her clients, mostly private collectors, disgruntled that they hadn't been contacted first - possibly sending a few thugs her way. It wouldn't have been the first time, as some of her scars would attest to.

No, her privacy better stay her own, thank you very much.

The family name doesn't ring any bell in Skyler's mind, though to be fair she has never paid attention to the happenings of the world - until it had come crashing at her door. Selena, however, speaks of it as if it should have some weight to it, so it piques Skyler's interest. "Desmarais? Should I be impressed? Afraid?" An eyebrow is quirked up, along with an insolent, lopsided grin. 

The look of oncoming trouble is hidden behind a new cocktail, its nearly fuorescent hue barely making the sailor bat an eye as she downs part of it. "Well, now we have to test it out, don't we? You're the one who's challenging a sailor to a drinking contest." 

Eventually, Skyler finishes her story, edited partly because there were some details she wasn't sure about, and because of some... illegalities. She definitely mentions finding a hot pink thong hidden in her bra though, looking utterly smug about it. Not hers either. "What about you, pinky? Got any stories to tell?"

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
girl's night out [c]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2021 9:52:12 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena is slightly baffled by 's response. Even when she's divulging her family name to the sailor, it seems the lady's interests are far from what other people picks on. She remains the animosity, hoping it would unfurl itself to a newfound friend as she makes the most of her borrowed time.

“You don't need to ask me that. I can just show you what I meant, especially with my name on the line.”

She joins Skyler in her downing of her glass, her face twitching at the punch of bitterness, acidity, and sweetness lining through her esophagus. When she offers her the opportunity to tell her own story, Selena ponders on what she will say—a brief moment—before she her lips reach her opposite cheeks and begins to narrate her story.

“So, this one's during college...”

Nothing of it involves her salty relationship with her parents. Most of them are her own shenanigans during college, most of which involves a flock of farfetch'd chasing them during their nightly escapades in Kalosian pubs, a bunch of angry flabébé chasing them after stealing their flowers, and a lot more she can't believe she did during her undergraduate years.