part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2020 16:44:36 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","maverick"]
route 120, dw with
It was hard to believe that he had almost found his whole team back and put on his rooster again. Well… technically… he had a lot more to find. Eleven to be exact. But, his hopes were finding a select few, roughly four, and he would be satisfied. It’s not ot that he didn’t like the others, just didn’t feel as urgent as finding some others. Especially with his gym opening up any day now, he really wanted to find those select few. With that being said, the newly appointed gym leader traveled across Hoenn from his new home in Rustboro City to Fortress City. It was when he arrived there that he then traveled east to route 120. The last time he was here, he didn’t have much luck. But he was desperate, hoping that by some chance his luck has changed sense then.

As the scarred man strolled into the path of route 120 with his beloved six foot seven houndoom who wore a rapidash skull over hers, he found himself lost within his memories of the creatures he hoped to get. Isaura was his female spiritomb that honestly, creeped him out a little. A new hatched female zorua was another one he was hoping to find. He hadn’t picked a name yet for her. A female shiny absol was one he was truly worried about. He rescued her after she had been retired from a almost life threatening injury. Although she could defend herself, Maverick didn’t know the extend of her injuries. And lastly, was a male houndoom he named Memphis. He was a very skilled houndoom. It was like he could ready your mind before you could even think. It was nuts.

The man let out a sigh, warm gaze flickered to his canine as he sense he hidden sadness. Mav forced a grin on his face, patting her shoulder blade. “I’m alright,” he tried to clam her, hoping to not distract her from her tracking, “Have you found any leads yet?” Azula let her nostrils flared with the in take of both old and new scents around them. After a moment of sniffing around, a low whimpers sounded off from her. His fake smile faded and he shrugged. “It’s alright. We will just keep looking.”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".maverick"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".maverick b"]font-weight:bold;color:#C51A1A; [/newclass]
[newclass=".maverick i"]font-style:italic;color:#C51A1A; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2020 17:37:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Time for another bad luck day. Wren made her way through to the route, a Bounsweet cooing happily in her arms. It wasn't a mammal but she did love the evolution... Hannibal was always at her side too lately. The Lycanroc picked up the others' scent before Wren bothered to notice them. He'd grunt, barking at the man and his other Pokemon. A slight tail wag was given but the wolf remained at his trainer's side. "Oh..." the woman looked up, seeing the group beginning to sniff around. Tracking wild Pokemon, she saw. "should we go somewhere else..." her eyes shifted away from looking too long.
[break][break]
Queen, the Bounsweet, did a mighty cry and bounced out of her arms at that. The little grass-type flickered over to the man and his Pokemon. She cheered happily, waving her body like one would wave a hand. "Ah, no!" Wren gasped, booking it over to her. She seized the grass-type out of the air, a flustered look on her face. "s-sorry!" she apologized, ducking her head "she's... new. And apparently very social" Just great. Hannibal did another bark as he came up behind them, his tail wagging more energetically now. "we can go somewhere else, no problem. I saw you were looking here..." Wren would give him a polite way of saying 'get lost'.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2020 5:13:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KROOKODILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WOOLOO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RUN AWAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GUARD SWAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"] HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2020 20:06:42 GMT
route 120, dw with . pass.
Maverick was deep within his own thoughts when the little bouncing Bounsweet pokemon appeared at his feet. It took a slow growl of his canine to make him snap out of his daze. First, his gaze turned to his hell hound before falling to he feet. The creature danced around before him. But before Maverick could do say or do anything, the creature sudden was snatched up. His gaze lifted to see woman before him, cradling the creature and apologizing. The man was still a little out of it, confused as to why she was apologizing. For a moment, it was like she spoke to him in a different language and he was still trying to comprehend. But when Azula growl again, he returned to earth fully. Warm orbs spotted the lycanroc as it emerged from behind her, beautiful creature he did admire.

“Oh,” the man mumbled, his expression placid, “Don’t worry about it.” His gaze flickered down at the little pokemon before returning to her gaze. “Yeah,” he gave her light stiff chuckle, hand extended behind his head to scratch the back of his head for no real reason, “I was looking for-“ At the moment, a little wooloo appeared behind the woman but it quickly fled in a clear sign of panic. He blinked. “Did you-“ he started, hand that once was scratching the back of his head pointed behind her where the wooloo just was. “own a wooloo?” But before she could answer, something else already answered him.

A krookodile stumbled out from behind a large mangle of trees and bushes. It stared angrily at the direction the wild wooloo just ran. Bu his side, Azula snarled. Her lips peeled back and her head lowered. This got the wild angry pokemon’s attention. It faced them and let out its own roar. The man let out an annoyed sigh. He already had one of those. His warm gaze flickered to hers. “You want it?” He offered, shoving his hands back into his pockets and shrugging his shoulders, “I got one. If not, I can have Azula take care of it.” The canine stood ready to pounce into action by his side, her eyes never leaving her prey. The croc dragged its foot across the earth, ready to fight. “You can handle it, right?”

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2020 20:34:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Several things happened at once. Wren blinked at the man as he uttered - or stumbled - words. He seemed just as awkward as she was in the best of times. Was this the whole confidence boost happening too soon? Was Wren really going to have to take charge during this conversation? As she prepared herself, he asked her a few questions. One, about a Wooloo. The young woman gasped softly, checking to make sure her Wooloo hadn't escaped his Pokeball. When the wild one rolled on by, followed by a nasty predator, she was slightly relieved. Breathing a sigh of relief, she gave a nod. "I can handle it." Whistling to Hannibal, he turned and growled at the Krookodile. The wolf advanced on the giant lizard. Did she really look like she couldn't handle a Pokemon battle? 
[break][break]
But before the Lycanroc could attack, her Bounsweet bounced out of her arms again. "Hey!" Queen fluttered to the Krookodile and began her own assault. A magical leaf shot, tearing the lizard's skin. It cried in pain before charging, but Queen swiftly dodged and shot razor leafs at it. The lizard didn't have much time to react - and it seemed it was all talk anyway. Stumbling forward, it clutched the earth after another razor leaf hit. "Uh, good job?" Wren sounded bemused, not daring to look at the man. She wanted to shove off how competent she was but... Queen beat her at her own game. The Bounsweet trilled happily as it drifted back. Hannibal huffed, more amused than angry. The human took out a spare Pokeball and threw it at the downed Krookodile.
[break][break]
"W-Well" she uttered, flustered "it was more talk than bite, in the end..."
[break][break]
/attempted capture of krookodile,

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2020 23:36:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SNEASEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAUNT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICY WIND

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WHISMUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RATTLED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPER VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HOWL

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]WREN CAUGHT KROOKODILE!

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2020 14:57:53 GMT
The houndoom shifted her weight uneasily at her trainer’s side as the other human had her pokemon take care of the massive dark and ground type. And with nothing else to do other than wait, the new gym leader observed as her little pokemon decided it wanted to fight and took down the mighty croc pokemon with rather ease. It most, it might have been surprising such a little creature took down a big one. But, it didn’t surprise him. Honestly, he felt like nothing surprised him anymore. Was his life that boring now?

It was only when the woman tossed her ball to catch the beast that the man shrugged his shoulders casually, more to himself than anything. “Most of them are,” he agreed, sighing to himself, “But it appears that it has grabbed more attention.” Azula had already sensed there were more wild creature’s coming out of the woods around them. She let out a low growl, telling her trainer they were not alone. In fact shortly after the ball confirmed the woman’s capture, two more pokemon appeared. The first one that came into sight was whismur as it darted from one side of their path to the other. It paid no mind to the humans and their pokemon. Shortly after the wild whismur disappeared, a sneasel darted out next. Was it chasing the other one?

His warm colored orbs flickered to the own once more, hands still in his pockets. He frowned, shrugged his shoulders and offered. “All yours again if you want it.” Once again, he already had one. But if she didn’t want it, he would try to catch it himself simply because it was a dark type. Despite being a gym leader and a man who specialize in three different types of creatures, dark types still hold near and dear to his heart. Although he didn’t need one, he would get it if she didn’t want it.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2020 15:53:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"Looking for something in particular?"
[break][break]
She couldn't help but ask. Many other people wouldn't be so easily acceptable of her capture attempts. Wren had terrible luck when it came to finding Pokemon on her own, and she couldn't exactly fight in the middle of nowhere over a Pokemon they both wanted. Pocketing the croc's Pokeball, she'd shift her gaze to the Sneasel. Another much loved Pokemon by her - a male from the looks of it - and it was hers for the taking. Hannibal intercepted before Queen could, growling and protecting the smaller Pokemon.
[break][break]
As the Lycanroc made swift work of the Sneasel, she threw another Pokeball and tried to capture it. Her eyes never left the wobbling ball on the ground, even when she tried to address the man again. Wren could understand being picky. She was thankful he was so agreeable, giving away all these choice 'mons too. "I honestly never have such luck with finding Pokemon" she added in, and if he found what he wanted... the least she could do was let him have it. Even if she happened to want it too. "they must like you or something" Wren tried to joke, flashing the older human a wary smile. He didn't seem the type for amusement... but you never know.
[break][break]
/attempted capture of sneasel,

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2020 23:09:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STUNKY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KEEN EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID SPRAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TOXIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EXPLOSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUCKER PUNCH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STARAPTOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CLOSE COMBAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WHIRLWIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AGILITY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE TEAM

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]WREN CAUGHT SNEASEL!
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2020 18:24:06 GMT
The man observed as she and her lycanroc took down the sneasel swiftly. And in no time at all, she tossed the ball to capture it. “Oh yeah,” the man mumbled, gaze shifted to see a staraptor sore over their head, “I’m looking for houndour lines, zorua line, spritomb, and maybe a few others.” He paused, debating if he wanted to go after the bird or not. He always thought they were a good looking bird. Maverick has done research on them and they just didn’t appeal to him as much as he would like them too. With a sigh as the bird disappeared from sight, his attention turned back to the woman.

“A female shiny abosl,” he added, getting oddly specific with what he was looking for now, “and two ultra rare pokemon called Zarude and Urshifu. Not that I would find them out here but still, you never know.” His shoulder shrugged, knowing damn well he wouldn’t find those out here. At the mention of not having any luck, he felt that. “Yeah same here,” Maverick expressed with empathy, “I don’t really either. Sometimes I feel like I have bad luck.” And that, wasn’t a lie even the slightest. The gym leader’s whole life was filled with nothing but bad luck. Look at his skin, burn scars from head to toe.

It was when the woman said something about the wild pokemon liking him that a stunky appeared. Well really, you could smell it. The hell hound let out a low grumbling growl in pre warning before the actual creature appeared. It froze at the sight of them. If Maverick didn’t already have one, he would have caught it. But unfortunately, he did. Dark type were his passion but he didn’t make enough money to feed all of them if he caught every dark type he spotted. With that, he casted a gaze at her. “I don’t know,” he poked joking, nodding to the stunky, “I think it likes you.” He let her decide if she wanted it or not. Surely, a good scare tactic would make the creature flee if she didn’t.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 16:46:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

So a few of those Pokemon were good to Wren. A few others weren't. She gave a nod, wondering what it was like to actually own a Shiny Pokemon. It eluded her to this day. She heard of an item that made Pokemon shiny yet... she didn't know she carried some of the dust. "Zorua and Houndour are good" she recalled that she'd like them too and wondered if they would come to blows about it. In the end, she realized she couldn't hope to take someone on so early in her return. About as much process she made, others made leaps ahead of her. "mm, knowing my luck I won't get them."
[break][break]
She pauses to pick up the Sneasel's Pokeball, and the man states he too has bad luck. That's not what she sees but whatever. Wren knows your worst critic is yourself. She is a champ at it. The Stunky made her freeze. She didn't really want to take a tomato bath if it decided to spray. Waiting for it to wander off after sniffing around her heels, she breathes a sigh of relief. "That's a low blow" she chuckles lightly "you sayin' I stink or something?" Oh gods, what if she did? Hannibal sniffed dramatically into the air, shaking his head as if knowing what his partner thought.
[break][break]
/skip,

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 5:24:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MURKROW APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INSOMNIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SHADE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAILWIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ORANGURU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NASTY PLOT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAUNT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ZEN HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AFTER YOU

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 16:15:09 GMT
route 120, dw with . capture oranguru.
The man offered the woman a soft small smile when she offered a joke in return. He didn’t think she smelled but than again, he was all up in her business to really see.

Moving back to topic in hopes to keep things light between them, the man shrugged his shoulders and continued to talk while they searched. “I know zorua and spiritombs are very rare,” he sighed, hand extended out to pat Azula as she strolled by his side, “But I feel like they almost don’t exist here.” It was true. And honestly, he has yet to see a trainer having one themselves. He has heard rumors of them being seen and caught on Hoenn, but maybe they were just rumors. “As for houndours” a true smile and sparkles in his eyes could see seen when it came to this creature “I have quite a few now. I don’t know what it is, but I feel as though they are my creature” he paused, staring a Azula as she sniffed the ground for a scent, “Almost as though they call to me and I call to them. Spirit pokemon I guess.” He wasn’t sure what it was. All the gym leader knew, it was something special.

Azula let out a snort that broke the man from his little daze, his gaze flickered to see oranguru chilling by a tree. Those were rare pokemon and often times, highly sought after. “If you don’t mind,” he started, motioning for Azula to take it down with a nod, “I’ll like to catch that.” Whether she said yes or no, it didn’t matter. Azula was already into action. She let loose a ferocious snarl as she darted to face the oranguru. The wild pokemon paid her no mind at first. This made her mad. Taking in a deep breath, a stream of flames poured out from her muzzle in a flamethrower towards the wild creature. The oranguru apparently didn’t seem to care. It took the attack, feeling the burn from the flamethrower until it stopped. Although burned, it stared at Azula as though it really just didn’t care. The canine growled, whipping herself around to use iron tail at it. Again, it took the attack. It whined at the burns that still lingered but remained still. Azula growled around, darting in with a crunch. The creature whined again, eyes closed as though it fell asleep. It was out.

Reaching into his pocket, the man tossed an empty ball at it. The ball hit its mark and sucked the creature in, closing and falling to the ground. Azula let out a small whine and head titled in confusion as to why the creature didn’t fight back. Maverick didn’t seemed concern. In fact, he continued his conversation with the woman as he waited for the confirm capture. “What are you looking for?” He questioned, curious about what type of pokemon she was into, “If you don’t mind me asking of course.” Often times, the types of pokemon a trainer wants or collects tell a lot about a person.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2020 21:15:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Honestly" Wren began, crossing her arms with a frown "I'm sorta looking for the same thing." An Absol, Houndour, Zorua... she couldn't go wrong there. As she watched his Houndoom take care of the large ugly ape, she searched the surroundings after the fight was done. There was no sign of the Pokemon that he mentioned, which was a shame.

Absol in particular were one of her favorite Pokemon. "There are worse Pokemon to be affiliated with" Wren added, echoing an approval of the affinity too. She liked Lycanroc much more, but she always could get behind a Houndour or Houndoom. They were fierce, hard won and loyal. Sorta like her. "I particularly like Absol - but I don't have one. They seem to elude me."

A Mega-Absol too would be amazing to own, but luck didn't go her way.

/skip
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
for the love of [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 4:44:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LOPUNNY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CUTE CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BATON PASS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BOUNCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEALING WISH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PIDGEOTTO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KEEN EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GUST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AIR SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TWISTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WHIRLWIND

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]MAVERICK CAUGHT ORANGURU!