8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2020 21:02:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"I have a date with Janine."

Fernando slides the password into casual small talk to transition the conversation into a planned appointment. With a thankful nod of acknowledgement, he accepts free passage into the building. His walk down the seedy hallway is filled with the doors to numerous storage lots. Many of them have been emptied recently, evacuated well before the expected invasion, but some remain abandoned.

One still has light peering out from underneath a bolted down door. Fernando knocks once, then twice, before standing in clear view. His right hand lies on a Pokeball on his belt, ready to deploy it at a moment's notice. Just because they should be safe doesn't mean they are. There's always a chance she's been compromised. That's why he comes with a self-serving warrant.

It's the perfect alibi.

"It's Eliard."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
snake-eyed with a sly smile
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2020 19:45:04 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she has kept her promises. the country is in turmoil and she is content surrounded by her decrepit walls, hidden from it all and left to play with her things. her cats are on edge, frustrations fluctuating with the ever-flickering monitor on one part of her wall. 

the energy is ever-amassing. every appearance of a a beast brings another flood of it into their little corner of the world. 

she cocks her head as her earpiece cackles. her team is small, bare-bones, but she has little complaints. she's always preferred to work alone. 

she snaps her fingers, though the door doesn't open at her command. she sighs. 

a few pokemon unlucky enough to not make the cut to her team chitter angrily in their cages, crying in hopes that someone might come to their rescue. locke, her ever dutiful houndoom, snarls and quiets them. 

anya slides open the door and drinks him in. "always a pleasure, eliard." she steps aside and chuckles. "how's everything out there?" 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 18:15:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Shit."

Business always ruins relationships and Anya is no exception. The moment Fernando invests something tangible into their partnership is the same moment that he unfurls from the sculpted presentation he uses to win her affections. The gloss of wit and nuance is discarded, like a bad disguise, for a much easier bluntness he reserves for his inner circles. The need for tact is meaningless when need becomes one-sided. He holds all the power in this dynamic so he gets to be his true self.

"These monster are a pain but nothing too exciting."

He pulls out one of the many antidotes that he's pocketed from the Poison Patrols and holds it within her reach. "We've developed a cure that alleviates the symptoms and restores them to their natural state. No idea if it's a short term fix or something permanent but only time will tell."

Once the door shuts behind him, Fernando slips out of his jacket, hanging it on doorknob as a makeshift hook. "Capturing them outright proves difficult but I should be able to secure you a sample or two. How are things on your end?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 0:55:28 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]mm, well that's not a surprise, but at least there's honesty between the two of them. not that lying would do him any good. she's as caught up to the world state as she could possibly be (without the network of spies to do her dirty work and peons to fetch her her materials, that is). 

she misses the lap of luxury that comes with thousands of cleanly laundered bills poured into her research, of being important

she sniffs petulantly and shuns away such fool-hardy thoughts. all those toys were a means to an end. she still has her greatest asset. 

her nose wrinkles as he produces a cure. "i'm not interested in reversals." how bothersome, that they've already managed to undo so much of her work. and so much for honesty--she's lying through her teeth, as a child might after sneaking their hand in the cookie jar. she wants to play with it, bat it around, but that is not her task. 

that is not what's giving her protection. 

"their energies linger, especially in the wormholes that they come through." she touches her fingers to a screen and mossdeep's ultra beast attack sparks across it. 

"if i could just study the composition, get readings while on the site, my tests might be more...effective." her hypotheses might become more than mere guesswork.

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 8:57:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah.

He pauses before setting the antidote down on the closest thing he can find to a counter.

So you’re that type of scientist.

Fernando huffs to himself while debating on how to tackle what he wants to say. His arms cross while he debates, breathing in her workspace and watching her reaction. His gaze stays a bit too long and it revitalizes his need to stray from work talk. Physical need surfaces but it stifles under her follow up.

Impossible.” His eyes narrow and he strays further into the room. He gravitates toward the center, eyeing the caged Pokemon without a shred of sympathy. “The League has locked down the sites to prevent further incidents. They’re not particularly competent but not worth the risk.

There’s no doubt in his mind that she’ll object to his decision but that’s why he saves the best for last. “Look into the antidote and figure out how it cures them. It’s already proven to neutralize Ultra Beast to a degree. We’ve yet to test them on anything of scale but—

Fernando activates a specially painted Pokeball from his belt and reveals his newest acquisition.

I’m pretty fucking good at what I do.

Poipole, an actual Ultra Beast, materializes in front of her.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 16:52:18 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]this is as much her heart as anything else. this is fernando's looking glass, and yet she merely watches him with curiosity as he meanders around. she purses her lips as he eyes her caged beasts, misshapen and spitting with anger. 

she scoffs at the impossible. it's not in her vocabulary. political suicide? life-threatening? those are substantial, with variables that she can weigh against. but it doesn't matter. with the problems he poses, the risks are too great. 

she grinds her teeth in frustration. 

of course. she brightens, remembering a fellow rocket member's alakazam that had turned because of a nihilego. how had she not considered that before? 

suddenly fernando's antidote is a precious thing. she swipes it after he puts it down and stores it in a metal canister--safe, should the rest of her beauties decide to get a bit rowdy. 

she looks up as he moves towards his belt and then every one of her muscles freezes. electricity fires along her synapses and her lips part and the fire is alight in her eyes. she breathes out, in, marveling. 

"incredible," she whispers. "this changes everything." 

she turns, makes her way to the far side of the room where more personal affectations are--a small fridge, a kettle, and a basket of teas. "whatever remains on your schedule for the next two hours--cancel it. i need information." she pauses, smile snaking, "and you'll need your reward for a job well done." 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 12px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 18:18:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed.

For a menace, the Ultra Beast proves quite jovial. Whether it’s the creature innate nature or a derivative of the antidote’s placating effects, no one really knows, but Fernando errs on the side of caution. He maintains his distance, matching it’s illuminated smile, making sure not to show teeth in case the Pokemon takes it as a sign of aggression. Staring back at the Pokemon’s eyes and its lack of pupils is haunting but he bears through it.

Just keep in mind that this one is special. I’ve given it preferential treatment.” His eyes avert to the cages, grimacing at the disposition of her test subjects. “I would appreciate it if you could do the same. I intend to explore its capabilities in the field.

To no surprise, his reward is an invitation to indulge in their mutual discovery. And, as welcoming as that sounds, Fernando has to decline. None to eager to reject any form of physical consolation, he twists his wrist to expose the smart watch nestle underneath his palm. “Unfortunately, my time is short. I’m afraid it’ll have to be one or the other, unless you can multi-task.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 18:37:28 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]oh, she doesn't doubt that it's special. not in the slightest. but his hinting tells her that perhaps special is synonymous with dangerous. or, in regards to their situation, volatile

he regards it with a wariness that frightens her, albeit only for a moment. she'll treat it with care out of his own wishes, yes, but because she values her life enough to not hasten its end by aggravating a creature whose power has already proven catastrophic. 

"no harm will befall it. i'll treat it as though it were one of my cats." bloodthirsty nature aside, fernando's witnessed the doting she does for her lions. they lay on plush pillows at this very moment, lazily watching the happenings between the two masters. 

the kettle begins to whistle and anya frowns. she's not some whore he can visit for a quickie. his schedule will need to accommodate her command, or he'll be left with nothing. she keeps the decisive thought to herself, turning with teacup in hand. 

"underestimating me again?" she says with a raise of her brow. she hands him a cup and gestures to the cozier part of the room, away from the more sterile countertops. she settles into an armchair and gestures for him to sit across from her. a small coffee table nestles between them, as though she'd picked the set-up for just the two of them (she had). 

"tell me of its nature. i need to know its tolerances before i start drawing samples." she crosses her ankles, knees tilting to the side. 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 12px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 20:46:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Good.

His familiarity with her ‘cats’ is far from in-depth but from what he’s seen it proves sufficient. As long as the Ultra Beast doesn’t revert to its pre-war state, he’ll be content with however she manages it. He’s willing to make ‘certain’ sacrifices in the pursuit of science, just not all of them.

Not quite. That’s my way of being polite — force of habit.

His finger wraps around the handle of her tea cup in the manner she corrals him deeper into her den. He takes the seat offered and allows the tea cup to rest against the palm of his other hand, untouched for now.

My increasing declinations have been more frequently taken as rejection. The war has been demanding, after all.

Out of politeness, he eyes the coffee table, but true to himself, Fernando has no interest in snacks. Greed has no bounds and settling for anything sort of an entire meal proves wasteful. His interest starts at the ankles and end at her eyes. He can’t help but smile.

I’ve been reserved with handling it so it’s been nothing short of content. I would describe it as ‘playful’ more than anything else but my time with it has been limited. Naturally, it ejects poison from the protrusions on its head. The toxin proves less potent than expected but we attribute it to the antidote’s effects. If prompted, it’ll expunge its own secretions for collection, so I would advise against a forceful sample until we further understand its temperament.

And, as if understanding the subject of the conversation, the Poipole hovers over, unnerving Fernando as it rests on his shoulder. As the most cunning of the three, it slithers its tail around the curve of his ear, wide-eye and all smiles as it stares Anya in the eye.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 21:21:19 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]there are scones and pastries propped on a marble display piece. they're of her own making, but fernando isn't privy to that information. could he guess? she still has no idea. there's still so much they don't know about each other, though the intimacy that binds them keeps those secrets coveted and attractive, rather than frightening. 

she flips open her notebook and scrawls in her looping cursive as he talks. the being in question takes an interest in their conversation and her gaze flickers upward, meets its eyes. 

she jots down, basic purview--intelligent enough to exhibit behavioral cues in conversation. 

she meets its gaze, unflinching, pen tilting. fernando's neck muscles tighten as the creature sits, giving away (only slightly) his discomfort around it. 

"then for now, we shall treat it as equals." the lie is a measure of precaution, should the creature actually possess a higher intelligence like that of some of the more sapient-esque pokemon. curious. they share such a likeness to our pokemon. could it be as different from the mossdeep beast as my pyroar are from an alakazam?

"what say you to staying with me for a while then?" 

shiva and kain pad out from their quarters, sniffing the air. their fur is raised. tails lash and low hisses whistle through their bared fangs. anya snaps a finger and leans over her knees. the cats sit, though their flamelike manes still flare in warning. 

she slides her gaze back to fernando, amused. "there will always be war. demanding or not, the body has its needs, and you do yourself a disservice by...abstaining." the punctuates the last word, winks, and takes a sip of her tea. 

"have you used it in combat yet?" 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 21:02:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“A delightful offer,” and one that takes the entirety of his will to decline. “But disappearing at this stage of the game would put us all at jeopardy. Things will be frantic from here on out. Enjoy your freedom and the diversion while it lasts.

His voice takes a lower tumble as he tries to refrain from moving too much. On all accounts, the Poipole should be fine, but it’s in Fernando’s nature to be as cautious as can be. The less his mouth moves the less his shoulders do by extension. With a lethal time bomb inches away from his face, he’s resigned to his fate as a lofty perch.

Poipole and I,” his diction too changes in the presence of the Utlra Beast. “Have tackled several wild Pokemon. None of them were a match but Poipole has been gracious enough to render them unconscious and primed for capture. It can engage as a single unit or model a hive-like mentality.

Its tail no longer swishes, content with cozying up to its rigid trainer.

And more importantly, it’s not the only one of its kind.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 23:10:17 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she actually laughs at his misunderstanding. it takes her by surprise and she covers her mouth with her hand. the poipole stares, nonplussed by the sudden outburst. 

"please. i know better than to take a king from his pawns. as much as i'd like to keep you to myself as war rages around us, we both know that's unrealistic." 

she chuffs another laugh again and then takes a sip of her tea. "no, i was asking after the poipole. surely you wouldn't mind if i took it under my wing, so to speak." 

one brow arches at his proclomation. "oh? have you others then?" and then her eyes narrow. does that mean there are others of...? she tilts her head, looking up at the computer screens that are playing the destruction of mossdeep and other hotspots on repeat. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 2:06:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Oh.

Disappointing.

Fernando cares little about embarrassment. This is neither the first nor last time he’ll assume he’s the main subject of someone’s conversation. He demands attention and the world revolves around his namesake. However, the fact that the offer was never on the table leaves him embittered. Even in having to refuse, there is validation in being desired.

Not at all. This one is the most agreeable among the ones I have.

His eyes close as he starts to pace his breathing. In one smooth exhale, he exhales a thin smog of MISTY TERRAIN, supplicating his own resistance to POISON should the Poipole lash out. It’ll hurt regardless but the potency of its toxins will be something he can manage with the other five Pokemon on his person.

What say you,” he prompts again, moving his hand to pat his unproportionally large head.

Much to his surprise, it lets out a chirping squeal, squirming in place until it escapes from underneath his touch and into his lap. The giggle it echoes proves more imposing than it should. Knowing what these beasts are capable of offsets how innocent they look.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 2:49:14 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]is that disappointment in his utterance? is that what she sees behind those eyes of his? ah, well, that only makes her coy plan to leave him wanting all the more exciting. she's too old to be playing these silly games, but it's just so easy

and besides, he's kept her entertained so far. she'll even admit that she likes his company, though never in earnest and with their clothes still on their bodies. 

he leaves her with a half-answer. she can question after the amount he has, but he hasn't outright offered the information, and she's not too keen on an exchange right now, especially when she doesn't have many cards to her hand. 

her research has only gone so far with the lack of resources she'd grown accustomed to. 

she can't help the way her eyes hunger with curiosity as he exhales with otherworldly powers. her fingers twitch and the urge to get under his skin, to pick and pull at his chemical makeup, makes her itch. 

she reaches for a scone off the platter and leans across the table to offer it to the giggling pokemon. her blue eyes are wide with earnest (ha) care and curiosity. 

"it's quite fond of you," she says.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPRAISAL
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 0:52:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“As it should be.

This is one of the few things that Fernando can plant his feet into. Their established relationship revolved around the cornerstone of their encounter and it would be foolish for the Poipole to be upset. Then again, how reasonable is it to apply human logic to something from another world?

I saved it from certain death. Our world is different to them and I’m one of the few people who can give it a taste of everything we have to offer. Things even our people don’t have a chance to sample.

Anya’s scones makes up one of the things Fernando has yet to feed the Ultra Beast and it takes it up in an earnest bite. Despite its small size, the Pokemon inhales the treat on one wide bite. It chews twice before swallowing. It proves tasty enough with the way the Pokemon erupts into an ecstatic cry.

Poi! Poi!