awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2020 19:11:05 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Sure you’re going to be okay for a full week without her, Sky?” Wry smile pulling on the corner of his lips, Angelo drapes an arm over the captain’s shoulders, fingertips squeezing her arm in a playfully comforting side-hug. “Just don’t look back. It’ll make leaving harder.” Loosely, enough so that she could wiggle out if she so wanted to, he pulled her into a turn and started walking away as if to punctuate the way his tongue curled around the words with an air of mischief, attempting to guide them away from the dock where they had been informed to leave their possessions behind.

Their departure from Skyler’s boat signalled the start of a week-long retreat on dry land, a getaway that neither of them seemed to be able to pass up when the advertisement had included adventure, challenge and, apparently according to the travel reps, hidden treasures. It was like a Skyler and Angelo week-long trip made in heaven. Almost seeming to be catered exclusively for them.

Save for the fact that one had to leave their beloved boat behind and the other had to abandon use of their trusty, maybe equally adored, bicycle.

Angelo was excited, the agencies rule that they had to have nothing with them save for their pokemon not deterring him even with the jungle of green looming ahead; it wasn’t like he had very much to his name, anyway. To be able to explore a deserted island with his friend, for them to go wherever the wind guided them, to check out whatever struck their fancy… It was something that Angelo knew he couldn’t let pass him by, grasping hold of the opportunity while he had the chance. Bad idea of not.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 11:10:47 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"I don't know." Silver eyes shuttered at the sight of her beloved boat bobbing away on the crystal clear waters of this little slice of paradise. She couldn't even remember the last time she'd spent more than... what, three days? without checking on her boat. And sure, Skyler knew that the speedboat would be fine, but she couldn't help the painful tug in her heart all the same.

Honestly, she was such a sap.

The sailor let herself be drawn away from the docks, the young man's arm around her comforting. She leaned her head against Angelo's shoulder, looking up at him with the shadow of a lopsided grin on her lips. "This is it, Angel. Any last regrets?"

A giddy sort of excitement didn't take long to replace her earlier gloom at the thought of the week ahead. Her heart was already pounding at the prospect of a whole week of adventures and challenges and wild, mind-blowing freedom. And her best buddy Angelo, of course.

Skyler's eyes swept over the jungle ahead and she abruptly  untangled herself from Angelo's embrace, running ahead and into the shadows of a thick, verdant canopy. Her head turned back briefly, blonde curls blowing wildly in the wind, her earlier grin turned into a challenge that flashed Angelo's way. "C'mon Slowpoke, we're not spending all day lazying around!" 

The lush foliage swallowed her as she dived into the thick of the jungle. With any luck she wouldn't get lost in the first five minutes -- though that might've been asking too much.

● tags:
● notes: ...
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 21:44:38 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Looking down at her, Skyler pulled in close underneath his arm, a lazy smile curled at the corner of Angelo's mouth in mirror with her own lopsided one. Many things, he’d think secretly in the back of his mind, but instead went for something a little more teasing; as was so very easy to do in her presence. “Hm... I suppose it would have to be that I wish my last meal hadn’t been a ‘Skyler Special’.” He wrinkles his nose in playful manner, only half pulling her leg. It had been as bad as the rumours suggested but Angelo had struggled through half of the breakfast before the charred remains of what he suspected had been eggs on toast, had been deposited slyly into his Gyarados’s waiting maw over the side of the boat. “Though I’ve got to hand it to you, I didn’t think you could get that many shell pieces into one egg… At least, that's what I hope the crunch was.” Poor Volans.

As he chuckled, Skyler slipped away from his embrace and began running towards the jungle fringe, her blonde curls and near wicked grin vibrant even against the lush canopy of green that loomed around them. “The island isn’t going anywhere, you know!” Angelo calls out, before picking up the pace anyway, jogging after her until plants tickled against his skin and threatened to tangle in his dark hair. His excitement palpable on his tongue and thirst for adventure impatiently guiding him into the dense foliage after his friend.

So,” he hums as he catches up to her, his longer legs toned from constant travelling allowing him to fall in line beside Skyler without too much effort, hands coming to rest against the back of his head with his elbows pointed out in a picture of nonchalance. “This so called ‘lost treasure’ we heard about... Think it’s worth looking into?” Angelo grinned because, duh, of course it was. Who did he think he was talking to?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 12:29:29 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

A few steps into the dense jungle were enough to drown out the nearby ocean waves and the screeching wingulls that made their homes in the nearby sands. Skyler's eyes caught the light of thick sunbeams that fell from breaks in the canopy, pooling into brightly lit patches of vegetation. She was breathless for a moment, looking around in awe.

The look she sent Angelo when he approached was equal parts smugness and mischief. "What are you talking about, Angel? That treasure is as good as ours." This might not be her home turf, so to speak, but she still was a treasure hunter, and a damn good one at that. Unfortunately, they weren't at sea anymore.

Skyler scrunched her nose, remembering Angelo's comments about her breakfast. "Look, those eggs were perfectly edible." They'd been both overcooked and undercooked somehow. "And the toast was just a little crispy." Nope, it'd been a lump of coal. "And that crunchiness was seasoning!" Again, no, it'd definitely been shell pieces.  

The sailor snorted and walked ahead, moving through the dense underbush. "You're making breakfast from now on!" She threw the words over her shoulder. Jumping over a fallen log, she found  herself suddenly slipping when her feet landed on some muddy surface. A curse escaped her mouth when she nearly fell on her ass, managing to right herself just at the last second.

When she looked back at Angelo, cheeks warm, her eyes narrowed threateningly. "Not a word, Angel boy."

This really wasn't her home turf. That had never stopped her before, however, and it certainly wouldn't now.

● tags:
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 0:19:11 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 For all the nicknames she gave him, Angelo’s smile turned into something far from angelic at Skyler’s confidence to rise to the challenge, a mischievous curl pulling on the corner of his mouth. “That's my Sky. I was getting worried that you'd gone five minutes without bringing it up.” He liked that about her, how she took it all head on, like there was no room for doubts. Like there was nothing in her way that could slow her down when she set her mind on a goal. It really was something…

Ugh, a curse I’m willing to bear if you so wish it!” He drawled in response, hands clutching at the material over his heart and expression twisting into a mock wince, as she threatened him with the responsibilities of cooking. Honestly, he didn’t need convincing, he’d already promised himself that the next time he saw Skyler reach for a frying pan it would be thrown into the nearest body of water, accepting his delegation of cook while they were together. It wasn’t like he was a stranger to it anyway, it was cheaper to cook for yourself and so on the road he would often whip something up rather than splurge on cafes or takeaways. Making meals for two always made for a nice change, though.

Angelo laughed as the sailor stomped off, leaving him to vocalise his amusement towards her retreating back at the expense of her terrible cooking skills. It was promptly cut off when she began to slip over, for a brief second something hitched in his throat, like he was preparing himself to run over and help her up. To put on a face long practiced. Only this was Skyler and just like she managed to catch herself from falling over, Angelo, too, caught himself from tripping into an old habit. This was Skyler. Dependable, confident and sure. She didn’t need him to hold her hand.

His smile returned as Skyler’s threat called out, shoulders relaxing.

Although he resisted the urge to chuckle out something playful he couldn’t help himself, as he followed her over the fallen down log, from pretending to slip down the other side in a show of mimicking his companions earlier near miss. He snickered immaturely as he jumped off, landing fine and springing forward a few steps from the momentum, his hand clapping against her shoulder with unmasked amusement, his smile wide. He didn’t need to say anything to deserve a punch in the arm.

Hang on, I think I wrote down some stuff that the rep mentioned about this treasure rumour.” He breathes out around a chuckle, his hand still clasped on her shoulder as his free hand dug around in his pocket, rummaging through the bits and bobs of junk he frequently had drifting in his jacket. “Here,” a crumpled piece of paper is produced from the depths of his pockets and he passes it to Skyler, expression loosening into something a little more relaxed. “They didn’t really say much that sounded important – probably why they haven’t found it yet – but they did mention something about a landmark that looked like a Tropius head. In the North East, I think.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 15:37:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Silver eyes narrowed dangerously at Angelo's fantastic performance.

Skyler's arm were crossed over her chest when Angelo reached her and clasped a hand around her shoulder. His wide smile was infectious however, and soon Skyler's stormy countenance drained away into amused exasperation. She tilted her head to the side to look up at him, still (badly) feigning a wounded expression. "You're so lucky I like you, Vestri." Punching him still wasn't entirely off the table, but she would play nice. For now. 

When he started rummaging through his pockets, however, it caught Skyler's attention like a moth to flame. Her fingers greedily took the paper from Angelo's hands, and a flame of interest sparked in her eyes at both the words on the paper and Angelo's assessment. "They aren't making this easy for us. Good." There was a sort of breathlessness in her words, betraying the excitement that tingled up her spine. "North East, you say?" She studied the flora around them, wrinkling her nose in thought. "So we have to find a Tropius' head in the middle of a jungle filled with palm trees." The whole thing was a bit ridiculous, but it only served to widen the grin across Skyler's face. 

She was going to find that Tropius' head landmark even if it killed her. 

Shoving the paper into the pocket of her pants, Skyler looked around for a brief moment and decided on a random direction. The sailor had absolutely no idea where North East was (in fact she had no idea where any of the directions were), but she figured that if they did go on the wrong direction, they could always turn back and try another one. No biggie, right?

She threw an impish grin Angelo's way before she dived into the jungle again, this time taking care with any muddy terrain that might cross her path. She made sure to hear for Angelo's footsteps as she made her way through the dense jungle, stopping some time later at the sound of rushing water.

'A river?'

● tags:
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 19:37:42 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Excitement crackled as Skyler surveyed the scratchy handwriting he had hastily jotted down prior to landing on the island, his gaze drifting from the paper to her features, those silver eyes of hers seeming to sparkle like a castaway finally finding fresh water; like he had just handed her an oar while adrift. It was infectious and Angelo, with an unconscious squeeze of his fingertips on the shoulder where his hand had lingered, was quickly drawn in to the rising anticipation of their self-imposed challenge.

It’ll be like searching for a ditto in a crowd,” despite the saying, there was no trace of apprehension there, his blue eyes filled with anticipation and his mind already a whirl of wonder for what their adventure may bring. “Let’s get going then. No time to waste, we aren’t going to find anything five seconds from the beach.” It would be boring if things turned out to be too easy. They had a whole week to search the island, to get to grips with their surroundings and see what bounty their temporary tropical life had to offer; both in treasure and experience. Something tells Angelo that this will be a memory to hold onto.

Skyler decided to lead the charge, jumping back into the jungle with but an impish grin on her face to tell him to follow, leaving him to chase after her retreating back into the vibrant foliage. He let her to take up the front of their party of two, content to trail a step or two behind so that he could take in their surroundings, curiously absorbing the sight of the trees towering above and the way the sunshine leaked through the canopy, casting beams of light to dapple his skin and make Sky’s blonde hair shine. As he walked, Angelo sprinkled in light conversation, carefreely contemplating this rumoured treasure and commenting on the island itself, on places he’d like to visit and where they should consider to be their next destination should they survive the ‘trials’ of their present choice.

They didn’t stop until they heard the sound of rushing water in the distance, Angelo opting to go and check it out, pushing through a rather prickly bush that left a thorn or two in his hair and clothes before he burst out on the other side. “So, option A… we carry on going through the jungle.” His voice calls out from behind the foliage, rising loud enough for her to hear over the sound of the rumbling water that had suddenly amped up in ferocity. “Or we have option B. Go over the Ruthless Rapids.

Brushing the barbs off his arm, Angelo is standing at the edge of a wide river, its contents dark and frothing with the kind of speed that suggested that there had been a heavy rainfall earlier, water splashing towards his toes that had broken the bank. From what could be observed, there were two ways to get over the torrent, either on a set of damp stones that jutted out of the rapids in awkward shapes or some vines that hung from a large tree over the river. He turned towards his companion with a raised eyebrow that hinted at her to dare. “You can choose our fate, since you're the water expert and all.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 22:43:41 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler made her way to Angelo, her curls brushing over his arm as she peered over his shoulder into the rapids ahead. Even from this position, she could see the deathly fast current that sped past, its dark waters too cloudy from sediments to be able to gauge its depth. She wasn't an expert when it came to rivers, but it was clear that a misstep in this particular stretch of the river would be enough to drag anyone under - and away.

So of course Skyler wanted to test her mettle against its threatening currents. "I don't know, the Ruthless Rapids definitely seem like a non-threatening option." She nearly laid her chin on Angelo's shoulder, speaking loud enough so he could hear her over the rushing water. 

For a moment she thought she saw movement under the surface, but quickly dismissed it.

"You're trusting me with that decision? Angel, you think too highly of me." Skyler met his challenging stare with one of her own when he turned to face her, lips curled into a knowing smirk. "I say we go both ways. You take the stones, and I'll take the vines." The sailor advanced so that she was chest-to-chest with the young man, chin tipped up. "And whoever reaches the other side first gets bragging rights for the rest of the day." She paused, considering. "And a massage." Skyler definitely wasn't betting on being the loser in this little dare.

And anyway, what was an adventure without a little friendly competition?

● tags:
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 0:23:35 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Exactly, so you better not shatter my poor, innocent faith.” Angelo meets her challenging smirk with a mock little touch of his heart and a pout of his lips which, far too easily, transforms into a grin of his own. He is confident in Skyler’s abilities anyhow but that was besides the point, he had simply questioned her because he was curious to find out which route she would take. He found that he wasn’t disappointed with her answer.

Okay, okay… I like the sound of that.” They both turn to face one another and while Skyler puffs up her chest, standing tall like a Meowth would when attempting to size down a potential rival, Angelo sticks his hands in his pockets and leans forward in a display of nonchalance instead, looking down at her so that they were near chest-to-chest and nose-to-nose. No way he could back down from her challenge, sparks already crackling through the air and dancing across his skin, feeling just about ready to take on the world. “And I don’t want to hear any complaining or any take-backsies from the loser, they have to take their teasing like a cha-

And a massage…?

His words trail away with the bubbling sounds of the river. Lips suddenly pressing together in a line, traces of his smile fading for the briefest of moments, leaving him standing there awkwardly in front of the one person who could probably smell the abrupt change of direction his thoughts had taken like a police Growlithe. Damn her. He hadn't expected that one and, worse of all, he found himself unable to veto it... “You don’t need an excuse, Sky. If you want to give me one, you just need to ask, you know,” was how he chose to flirtatiously respond but considering the pause he had taken, it probably didn’t have quite the same punch as it should have. 

But sure. I’m game. I mean, I spend all day running around all over the region, unless you do some secret Mankey-Woman training in your spare time, this is going to be a walk in the park.” Straightening up, Angelo gives her a smirk and brings a hand to the top of her golden head to ruffle the wavy strands playfully, as if the annoyingly teasing piece of physical contact would make them a little more even, before quickly bouncing back a step and retreating towards the slippery death trap of stepping stones. “Ready? Remember, no returns policy!” He shouts over towards her, feeling ready for the challenge, despite some small insignificant braincell telling him it probably wasn’t that good of an idea. That sense of thirst for the thrill of competition and the temptation of the prize had long drowned out that poor, singular thought.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 2:10:22 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The grin on her face intensified when Angelo rose up to the challenge, standing his ground and staring down at her, their noses so close they were almost touching. A shiver of excitement ran down Skyler's spine at the gesture: the lazy, almost indolent way he so readily accepted her suggestion. There was something in her that wanted to poke and prode at the young man, to see how far they would go before the inevitable crash.

The sudden silence was... strange.. There was no missing the way Angelo's animated expression was wiped clean, his smile drifting away like water escaping a dam. Skyler peered up at pretty blues in search of what the hell had brought about this change in mood. She was about to literally poke at him when he finally reacted, his words bringing back a smile to Skyler's face. "I'll get that massage at the end of the day, one way or another. You'll see." The confident smirk that she sent his way was almost a promise in and of itself.

A literal, honest-to-god growl left Skyler's throat when Angelo ruffled her hair playfully. Before she could smack his hand away, however, he'd already stepped away. As he made his way toward the stones, Skyler approached the tree with the hanging vines. "Good luck, Angel, you'll need it!"

Feet scrapped against the trunk of the tree as Skyler grabbed onto nearby vines and climbed her way up. She got to the lowest branch before stopping and swinging herself so that both her arms and legs were around the branch. Slowly, she made her way over the river. Her heart was pounding inside her ribcage, and she felt more alive than ever, grunting with effort as she crawled to the end of the hanging branch. 

She only saw the shadow due to to sheer, dumb luck. Gasping, she felt the edge of something sharp rasp against her leg - and when she looked down, she met the greedy, hungry red eyes of dozens of Carvanha, their round bodies swimming against the current to nip at her flesh. "Well, fuck." The word seemed to echo around her. 

She better not fall. 

Fingers dug tightly into vine and bark as she stretched her body, reaching for the next vine while attempting to dodge razor-sharp teeth. Gritting her teeth, she kicked a particularly bold Carvanha that had been nipping at her heels, sending it into the nearby bushes. Good riddance.

By the time she reached the other side of the river she was sweating and heaving, hands on her knees and head hanging down. In a sudden fit of anger, she grabbed a stone and threw it at the school of Carvanha, which quickly scattered.

Suckers. She'll eat them for dinner.

● tags:
● notes: look i said i wouldn't do long but oh well
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 21:59:52 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 She’s going to be the death of me… He thinks as her words ring in his ears and her moon bright eyes imprint in his mind even as he turns away, yet his thoughts were far from bitter, his blood buzzing from the thrill of their dance of playful tongues and fiercely warm rivalry. It’s far too easy to become wrapped up in it all with Skyler. Getting her to smile with that wicked confidence, goading her to snarl at him, it was something he didn’t think he’d get bored with.

Blue eyes swept across the length of the river to peer at his blonde companion as she raced towards the hanging vines, watching for a moment as she approached the tree. Then, as she began to settle herself into her Mankey business, Angelo tore his gaze away and pushed himself off the riverbank. His heart began to race as his feet left the safety of the jungle floor, excitement and anticipation gripping tight as he decided, in a split second, that the slow and steady method just wasn’t for him. Legs strong from constant cycling use, Angelo felt confident that if he didn’t dawdle on the stepping stones, then he would be able to clear it much faster than Skyler could. He might be able to take two at a time with his reach, too.

Racing against Skyler always filled him with a surge of adrenaline, an addictive high, his hunger for victory made all the more potent at their little wager. Foot landing on the first rock, finding it flat, Angelo bounded forward again with a swell of satisfaction, his arms half held out to the side to bring himself a sense of balance. “Shit,” his heart jolted as the second stone wobbled under his foot and he quickly propelled himself onto the next before he could slip, his jaw clenching as he staggered a little. For a moment he held his breath, even after both legs found purchase on the third, chest tightening as he fought to balance himself.

Water sloshed angrily towards his feet, dampening his clothes with the spray and for a moment he thought he’d really fall, swearing in his mind at the thought of having to admit a damp defeat. With a heavy sigh, he thankfully manages to maintain his balance and despite a sudden desire to look over to see how his opponent was doing, Angelo pushed it away in favour of moving onwards; preparing himself to spring-jump along the rest. It was just as his feet prepared to leave the rock that the Carvanha smacked him square in the chest.

Fucking, ow!” He manages to splutter out as the fish slaps against him angrily, his words biting off as the surprise attack sends him slipping mid-jump, one foot reaching the next stepping stone while the other plunges into the depths of the water. His hands slap down on the edge of the rock to stop himself from falling the rest of the way in and, somehow, he manages to quickly yank his foot free from the force of the rapid just as he feels something sharp begin to graze. Angelo wasn’t prepared to look down at the fish infested water and see how many sets of teeth were smiling up at him, instead falling back onto his original plan, retreating quickly across the rest of the way with a sudden new motivation to hasten his steps.

Angelo makes it onto the other side with a disgustingly wet leg, one shoe swimming in water, with all the grace as a new-born Deerling; stumbling onto the bank and only just managing to stay upright. And that wasn’t even the most disappointing result of the race. Just throw me back in and let the Carvanha eat me. He peers up at her, hands resting on his knees as he catches his breath and calms his racing pulse, lips quirking up in an expression that told her he already knew the answer.

Did I win?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 22:53:23 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Having finished her petty revenge on the Carvanha, Skyler turned around only to find someone already waiting for her. "You're shitting me." The words left her mouth before she realized she'd uttered them, the momentary surprise like a shock of cold water. Her gaze lowered to his soggy shoe and his breathless posture, hands on his knees and -- that fucking expression on his face.

The flash in her eyes was a prelude to a storm. But she was the one who had decided on the challenge, the one who'd provoked him into accepting it, who poked and prodded until the only words he could've uttered were yes. Hubris, she thought, thee name is Skyler. That didn't mean she had to pretend to be happy with the whole situation.

Then Angelo asked the question, knowing fully well what the answer was, and Skyler's teeth ground together with such strength the sailor wouldn't be surprised if one cracked. 

"Congratulations, Angel," she told the young man, the words sounding suspiciously like a 'fuck you'. "You won." Oh, she definitely wasn't happy about this at all. But she pressed her lips together because Angelo had won fair and square and she could recognize that. Barely, but she could. 

"What happened to your shoe?" An eyebrow quirked up at the state he was in. "And your leg?" Well, he'd paid for his victory, that was for sure. That wet shoe was going to make his next hours pretty miserable. The thought calmed Skyler's temper somewhat, and she walked over to him, blowing a few errand curls away from her face. Her hair must look like a chaotic mess, but then again, when did it not? 

"Don't let this victory make you cocky. You haven't won the war yet." Skyler tipped her head back to look up at Angelo, with that same flicker in her eyes as before. She was, she suddenly realized, having the time of her life. A shit-eating grin split her face. "I hope you enjoy your massage, Angel." There was still time for revenge, her eyes seemed to say.

But they were finally on the other side of the river, and Skyler surveyed the surroundings, feeling completely lost. "Out of curiosity," she started, looking through the dense canopy at the sky, "do you know where North East is?"

● tags:
● notes: dumbasses, both of them lol
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 19:36:37 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 For someone who had just won their little race Skyler was acting rather pissed off. Her congratulations, in particular, sounded like she was really casting a curse upon him and all his family for generations to come. Confusion whirling in his brain, mind jumbled from the strange outcome and the remains of the adrenaline that still pulsed, Angelo rose an eyebrow at her before parting his lips. He had every intention on clearing up this misunderstanding, to hand over the gold medal to her – he had been so certain that Skyler had reached the bank before he had – but his words were pushed right back down his throat as her voice drowned him out. She did not seem happy.

He looked down at the grass as he pushed himself off his knees, downturned face hiding the strained smile, curled from amusement at the bitterness he thought he could hear in her voice and his growing mischief, born from the foreboding warning of his future massage. Damn, she was such a sore loser. When he stood back up at full height, Angelo’s lips had turned into something bright and carefree, his mind resolved towards an act of his own mischievous revenge. Let her think he’d won, after that response she deserved a bit of taunting; to hell if it was petty.

He’d tell her about the misunderstanding later…. Maybe.

Got to risk it all if you want to win. Put your heart in it, ya know.” Angelo returned the shit-eating grin with his own, trying not to think of the backlash later, instead focusing on the delicious satisfaction of the present where he got to rub it in her face and watch her stupidly endearing, furious reactions. He knew it was like poking an Ursaring with a stick but damn, was it too addictive to stop. “I’m sure I will, going to need it after a long day of exercising my bragging rights.

As Skyler is distracted looking around their new side of the river, Angelo reaches forward to grip hold of her shoulder, using her as a balance without warning so he could lift his wet foot up. “Hey, make yourself useful and stand still for a minute, since you’re so good at it.” He removes his shoe and tips the water contents into the grass with a grimace, sticking it back on his foot with difficulty as it squelched and squeaked enough for him to feel a flicker of regret. This was not going to be a fun walk.

Stifling a shiver, he looked up towards the sky at Skyler’s question, hand releasing her shoulder to shield his eyes from the sunshine. “No guarantees,” he hums as he measures the distance of the sun, trying to recall the time they had leaped off her boat. “But I think it’s this way. I’ll lead.” Purposefully punctuating on the syllables, he looks over his shoulder at her as he passes with every intention of jabbing at her ‘loss’ while he could, taking up the front as they walked until the sun gradually began to sink lower and lower.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 21:38:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Her sudden fury, which had quickly dimmed to nearly nothing when she'd seen his soggy shoe, went up a few notches at his taunting comments. Bright eyes narrowed dangerously and she held her jaw clenched, saying nothing in response. Skyler had brought this upon herself, really, even though at the moment that particular fact was conveniently forgotten in lieu of scheming intricate revenge plans. And imagining Angelo's head stuck in the mud. That one was her favourite.

She might have attempted to trip him as they left the river behind. 

Random sounds in the jungle had them waiting with baited breath and pounding hearts. The adrenaline that coursed through Skyler's system was like sweet ambrosia and she'd found herself nudging Angelo several times with a wicked grin on her face and a stupid plan on the tip of her tongue.

They didn't come across more rivers, but they did find a neat clearing with a pool of clear water just as the sun was going down and the shadows were beginning to creep in. They'd also found, much to Skyler's delight, a sleeping bag tucked away in a random crevice within the bark of a tree. Maybe from some past challenger?

"This looks like a good place to set up camp." Camp being, of course, the two of them and their sleeping bag. "You're making dinner, Angel, or shall I?" The words were taunting - she didn't think he'd let her cook anything he'd have to eat later.

When Skyler peered down at the pool, she did it with a look of suspicion. She hadn't forgotten their earlier encounter, so she let Antares, her Milotic, into the water to look for possible annoyances. When she was absolutely sure no Carvanha were coming to nip at her heels, she laid on the ground, her bare feet dipping into the waters. Oh, that felt good

The sleeping bag was actually quite soft, she'd found out, albeit having been made with one person in mind. Letting her hand run across the worn fabric, Skyler shifted to face her adventure buddy. "So, Angel," both the the wicked gleam in her eyes and the forced casualness of her voice were warning enough that whatever was about to come out of her mouth was nothing good, "do you want to be the little spoon or the big spoon?"

● tags:
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
new horizons [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 23:14:01 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 They didn’t find any buried treasure or any further clues but, as the night came creeping in, they found something almost as good in the form of a surprisingly well-kept sleeping bag. Angelo didn’t feel like questioning its strangely clean state nor its hiding spot keeping it dry within the crevice of a tree, his weary feet just happy that they had found somewhere to camp for the evening and that he wouldn’t have to use a rock as a pillow. At least his shoe had almost dried from a day spent walking in the sun.

Already on it.” As they settle beside a clear pond, Angelo busied himself around their makeshift campsite, prepping them for the night ahead. This was kind of the norm for him, more often than not he would pitch a tent or and cook over a fire, forgoing the comfort of an inn in exchange for sleeping under the stars and going where he pleased. Although admittedly, money was also a big deciding factor, too. “Slowpoke.” He hums back with a flirtatiously annoying grin, jab tumbling off his lips without effort. Running on automatic Angelo preps, his steps long memorised, as he finds a flat stretch of grass that the sleeping bag could rest without resting on pointy stones and began to build them a campfire.

By the time that the flames are flickering, Skyler seems to have made herself comfortable, reclined against the grass with her feet dipped in the crystal-clear pool. She’d look like something picturesque, angelic even with that wavy blonde hair of hers haloing around her but even without seeing her face, crouched down near the campfire out of the way, Angelo knew not to be deceived. He’d long learned her voice could be just about as devilish as her smile.

Thankfully, he’s facing the campfire and so as she calls out to him, playful and dangerous as ever, Angelo pokes at the kindling with a twig. Was it getting warm all of a sudden or was it just the flames? “Oh? I didn’t think we’d be sharing.” He calls back as a comforting spark pops from his work, voice laced with smoothly mock innocence as he ignores the little twist slyly tightening in his gut. It’s fine, he’d tell himself, he was no stranger to falling asleep with someone at his side. It’ll be no big deal… Still, he tends to his task for a breath longer as if to stretch out a moment of contemplation, setting up their food to cook, before standing up and dusting his hands on his legs.

But since you’re giving me the option. Big Spoon.” Strolling over, he sits down beside Skyler and leans back on his hands, looking up at the gradually darkening sky as purple and pinks began to mix together. If he fell back on the grass next to her then who knows when he’d get back up, she had a way of pulling him into a bubble of sing-song teasing; before he knew it their food would be burnt and he wouldn’t even notice. “You good with that?” He asks, raising a brow as he peeks down at her through sky-blue eyes, his lips quirked in a lopsided smile that was halfway between teasing and sincere.