NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
mastic [ closed | past | wild ]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2018 15:52:11 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

gardevoir stands at front of the group and leads with her TRACE that sweeps the near vicinity for any hostility. none come into her line of sight but her ability cannot be fully relied on and nikolai knows as much. but with gilbert by his side, he feels more at ease.

"i appreciate you coming." 

reports have said that there has been odd activity deep within shoal cave, almost like the ground shakes in random intervals; violent enough to disturb the citizens of mossdeep and enough to call for the league's attention.

they send nikolai because he's their best. and he asks gilbert because he needs someone of a similar caliber.

shoal cave will know their power.

close tab

played by

yuko

valeria
he/him
twenty-nine
councilman
council
20 height
20 height
You knew who I was with every step that I ran to you
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valeria
gilbert valeria
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 4:07:28 GMT
gilbert valeria Avatar
gardevoir acts as their vanguard while serperior brings up the rear. shoal cave is a place he's been many times, but tonight its air feels different on his skin as he marches through it carefully. the rumbling of shoal cave has been the talk of the town in mossdeep for a week or two now -- to have someone like nikolai assigned to investigate it feels like a gift they don't deserve.

"oh, thanks for letting me come. i really needed to see what was going on for myself." the overly-polite disposition comes so naturally that he easily forgets he is in comfortable company.

he's felt the vibrations a few times, but nothing substantial. they are a growing concern, though, and he wonders if the rumbles will become something large enough to threaten valeria's structural integrity from deep beneath the island.

"it's a relief to know you're the one heading this up! who knows what's down here these days."

water laps at the shore within the cavern, eagerly reaching for his feet as they move him further into its depths. he looks at his clock: the hand points to the 1. "it's a little past 1 in the morning, so low tide will give us plenty of time to see what's going down in the deeper areas."

they won't have much time before the water begins to rise once again, threatening to trap them far within the misty lumen of shoal cave.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 4:41:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MUDBRAY APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / stamina[break]
mega kick / high horsepower / bulldoze / iron defense
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD BERGMITE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / ice body[break]
rapid spin / ice ball / recover / avalanche
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 15:53:23 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

gilbert is too polite for his own good; that much has stayed the same since the first day they met. he rolls his eyes as a response because while gilbert's kindness is appreciated, it does get on his nerves at times. playfully, though.

he shoots daggers. "are you trying to butter me up?" daggers turn into bubbles as he breaks his character, chuckling. "i don't know either, but we'll find out soon enough." 

he says he doesn't know but he has a rough idea of what might be awaiting them down there. he just isn't sure whether he has a solid assumption or if fear is influencing his decision because even as they start their approach, he feels his heart pumping quicker than usual.

"let's not waste any time, then." 

they don't make it very far before an interruption finds them. it's not the cause of the tremors but their presence is enough to disrupt their plan of action.

gardevoir's PSYCHIC immediately holds bergmite in place. he leaves the mudbray to gilbert, deciding it only fair that they split up the work even though either of them could take both at once. bergmite attempts to RAPID SPIN out of the psychic-attack but fails and is repeatedly slammed into the ground. PSYCHIC is victorious today.

a pokeball is thrown.

"are you done yet?" he asks in jest.

- capturing

close tab

played by

yuko

valeria
he/him
twenty-nine
councilman
council
20 height
20 height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valeria
gilbert valeria
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2018 0:31:15 GMT
gilbert valeria Avatar
a friendly smirk meets nikolai's chuckle, gilbert's tone easily matching nikolai's. "that depends, is it working?" without much more jest, they move deeper.

as they walk, gilbert eyes nikolai curiously. he feels like the full truth eludes him, that nikolai is withholding information. he doesn't press for more -- he's never been pushy, and he knows nikolai. if they were in over their heads, gilbert would know. that, or nikolai would have turned him away. instead his lips remain pursed together to allow his friend to lead them on.

his own heart picks up, the sound of the mudbray's call enough to startle him. lucis' serpentine form immediately moves closer to gilbert: its protective nature keeps it close enough to protect his master while assessing the threat. tail flicking playfully, the serperior slithers into action along the sandy surface, a single leaf blade enough to bring down the enemy pokemon. another squeal and the mudbray falls to the ground; gilbert can see nikolai capturing the bergmite. he, too, pulls out a spare pokeball and tosses it at the mudbray.

"just about..." faux rushed, he walks over, feet smashing the sand that lucis had already carved his path in. pokeball in hand, he grins at nikolai.

"shall we?"

+ catching mudbray

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2018 3:31:18 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

there's a reason why he asked gilbert to join him: the man is more than capable of standing his own ground. it's evident in how quickly he handles the mudbray. a single attack is enough to down the ground-type for capture. it's impressive, but it also calls for concern because if ever the league decides to turn against him, he's not sure if he'll be able to fend them off.

maybe it's just his paranoia.

but then, maybe not.

they venture deeper into the cave. the walls start to cave in, narrowing and forcing them to move one at a time a single line. it doesn't mess their formation up: gardevoir still remains at the vanguard and serprior covers their rear. he stops when gardevoir stops.

'what do you see?'

he doesn't need to speak it: his mind is linked with his psychic-type, as it always is. there are figures up ahead shrouded in darkness, figures that gardevoir cannot see, even with her psychic abilities.

"there are people up ahead. be careful. we can't sense them." it's as if something's keeping them hidden.

his hand hovers on another pokeball in his pocket, ready as they proceed further in.

close tab

played by

yuko

valeria
he/him
twenty-nine
councilman
council
20 height
20 height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valeria
gilbert valeria
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 2:42:55 GMT
gilbert valeria Avatar
walls close in gradually, their walkway limiting them to a single file line before the distance between walls settles. gilbert walks carefully, feet treading along the slippery pathway slowly, but his resolve does not falter. he's exhilarated, really, though shows only in his shallow breaths that hopefully do not land on nikolai's neck.

"oh? people?" coming in, gilbert would have bet it was an angry pokemon making the ruckus. "i wonder just what they're messing with down here...can't be good." natural gas?

are they messing with valeria from underneath somehow?

the question is unanswerable, but he follows suit and hovers a hand over a pokeball as he follows behind nikolai. again, he's grateful the gym leader is here.

the walls begin to open back up again. they spread out once more, resuming the origin formation. chatter drops to radio silence, tension filling the air like a carbon monoxide ready to ignite.

water laps somewhere not so far away, its rhythmic ebb and flow the only sound to fill the otherwise dark and quiet cavern. gilbert stops, a hand gripping to the back of nikolai's shirt -- stop, it tells him silently.

"what's keeping them hidden?" the words are barely an audible whisper, but they reach nikolai's ears with a sense of mystique and curiosity attached.