awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 9:32:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Shaymin's attack proves so blinding that Fernando can't see it through even when it wins him the battle. He keeps his head turned in the opposite direction until he can feel the heat dissipate. Only then, under the assumption of safety, does he turn to see the results. Much to his surprise, the attack proves potent enough to dishevel both Pokemon and trainer.

"...!"

He never gets a chance to voice his concern. Cait's laughter quashes any worry he might have and instead he approaches at a steady albeit normal pace. The lack of urgency allows her to soak in the early morning rays. When he comes close, he puts an end to that as well, his shadow overcasting her figure.

"Impressive. As always, Afric."

Times were simpler back then but Fernando's emotions only surface now, brought on by an actual attachment to the people and region he calls home. The smile he holds shows a genuine admiration for one of the few trainers he considers both skilled and non-idiotic.

"If I didn't cheat I have no doubt that would have been your win."

There's still time on his schedule so he decides to sit next to her. It's one of the few times he touches the ground without being thrown to it. The lack of danger or aggression is a welcome change, one that, if commonplace, would do him well.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 10:11:27 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

an amused smile tugged at the corners of her painted lips.

"
i suppose you were cheating."

the team he had introduced were indubitably inexperienced but their raw potential surpassed her own companion's by a sizeable margin.

"
a bit of fine-tuning and they'll make for the ideal team, sir."

she relished this moment of peace, her voice and gaze betraying her fondness for the man at her side. cait would never deny that she loved fernando - but it was fairly obvious that her love wasn't the same if one were to compare it to the emotions she directed at sénon or stormy. her perspective shifted when her gaze settled upon one or the other, each person possessing their own respective titles. 

sénon was her chosen mate and her beau.

stormy was her greatest friend and her sister.

and fernando was her leader and her king.

her three greatest loves in this world.

"i've been considering getting into politics."

a comfortable silence had held for a few moments, but cait had interrupted it with her voice. a low mumble originated from her hypno following her statement, the pokemon sitting up with a disgruntled and bemused noise. cait reached out with a hand, grasping her pokemon's yellow paw - her power manifesting in a soothing wave as her eyes adopted a dim glow and her flesh crawled with dark markings.

"
after i left my gym leader's seat i started to miss certain aspects of my former life in mauville. not the battling - i could do that anywhere - but the process of leading a city.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 1:39:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed. Or at least that's the hope."

Peace comes with the flow and ebb of events. In this moment, in this standstill between two people, Fernando allows the dewy aroma of the grass seep between his nostrils and find solace in being idle. He can feel the moisture permeates between his fingers tips.

"Oh? I've been considering leaving politics."

Fernando nods at her sentiments, judgement withheld. It's not that he agrees or disagrees with the prospect of having Alfric take up a title—it's a matter of how much it'll take away from him.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 10:39:46 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i - "

she blinked for a moment, a look of bemusement settling across her features. the mere idea of fernando removing himself from his his councilman's seat in a voluntary fashion was alarming - exceedingly so. cait had imagined he'd remain steadfast for years, especially taking his youth and ambitions into account.

"
but we need you, sir."

she naturally feared for their future without his guiding hand at play. 

"
hoenn needs someone like you at their helm. who would  take your place?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 0:06:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"We?"

Fernando looks at her, smiling genuinely, the first time in ages in where it bleed through with a vast satisfaction in being both right and mocking. "We, who, Alfric?"

He scoffs.

"What Hoenn needs and what Hoenn wants are not always the same." He averts eye contact to look around him. It's not his ideal but it gives him a good excuse. "And more importantly, what I need. To be quite honest, I would say I'm quite jealous with how good you have it."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 10:15:07 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"'how good i have it?'"

she appears genuinely surprised by his reaction, uncertain of what to make out of the subtle change in his overall demeanor.

"
and what do you mean by that, sir?"

the question was a probing one, cait maintaining an outwardly unperturbed disposition.  inwardly, she still struggled with the idea that he had expressed a desire to release whatever control he had over hoenn. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 11:40:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Are you not content?

While he doesn’t mind Cait exploring his mindset he recognizes it all the same. She may not have inherited from him but there’s no one else in Hoenn that inquires as much as he does. Intelligently, anyway.

The responsibilities, the pressure, the missed opportunities, the neglect. It builds after time, Alfric. Some handle it better than most.” Fernando tapers off, closing his eyes as he lays next to her. “It doesn’t affect me but the benefits have to outweigh the costs.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 11:55:25 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i'm content enough."

she immediately sympathizes with her superior, taking a moment to consider his perspective and the uniqueness of his position. he had inherited a company - a literal business empire that was under his direct control. in addition, the older man was a politician by trade, having claimed a seat on the council while simultaneously serving as a gym leader. 

"
you're not happy?

cait's tone of voice was mild, her strange eyes presently peering down at the man.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 12:13:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]His smile never dies. With his eyes remaining closed, he has no clue as to her stare. For now, he enjoys the blinding pink of the sun striking his eyelids.

It’s not about being happy, Alfric. It’s about being happier.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 12:17:21 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she tilts her head to the side, mulling over his words and discerning vague meaning from them.

"and what would make you happier?"

her tone shifted, an underlying eagerness causing her to present him with this inquiry. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 12:20:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“

It’s a good question. He knows the answer but putting it into word, sensible words, proves difficult.

More time,” he laughs, finally prying his eyes open, staring back at her.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 12:28:41 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"more time?"

once again she parrots him, her bemusement makes it a constant as they press onward with their verbal back and forth. but this time he meets her gaze, the woman staring unflinchingly back. 

"
more time in the day? more time in the year? more time to live?"

she's struggling to understand. he speaks in partial riddles, leaving out important tidbits that has resulted in her responding to his answers with even more questions.

"
i've known you for two years, sir," she said. "and i never once asked what you really wanted."

a pause as she furrows her brow, her lips lightly pursed.

"
you have more than enough wealth, influence and power. at least i think you do."   

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 12:40:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“All three,” he answers simply. His smiles ides as they resume conversation, expression defaults to it’s sharp neutral. “Wealth, sure, but the others are questionable at times.

He can see where the conversation is going and looks to nip it in the bud before it delves too far. There’s no need to suck her back in. Cait Alfric has served her time. She’s done nothing but earn both his respect and favor. If she wants to come back in, it’ll be on her own accord.

Fernando brushes his legs before pushing himself up to stand.

I can only do so much, Alfric. The power I have as an individual is dampened by the responsibilities I have as a public figure.” He offers her a hand. “I would wield more as Silph Co.’s CEO than I do on the council.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 11:51:14 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she accepts his hand but isn't satisfied by his answer, the man unintentionally plants a seed of doubt and uncertainty within the depths of her mind. the expression she presently wore betrays this well enough, as she is nothing but open toward her superior.

but cait verbally accepts his answer. 

"i suppose you would, sir," she said, entirely unconvinced. 

cait forces a smile, but it fails to reach her eyes as guides him back down the path - careful to avoid the remnants of poison nestled in the green grass. 

and she thinks - 

- and thinks. 

and then. 

'this is unacceptable.' 

[ end ] 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 21:17:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: