[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
whispers of the dead

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

“to be honest, i kind of feel quite disappointed with myself.” she shares her remorse with and a bottle of whiskey in the cold, november night of lilycove memorial—and perhaps a flask of vodka to the latter. the newly-excavated cemetery is where the hundred deaths lie after the infamous war against the otherworld.[break][break]

“i mean, i'm the lilycove gym leader. i should have prevented death especially when i have the power to do so. i feel like i also failed tapu koko when they chose me to be their avatar.” the pinkette gasps as she pushes some more fluid into her mouth, then wiping it off with the sleeve of her cardigan.[break][break]

“how about you, alex? what are your regrets that day?”[break][break]

ooc: memorial maintenance (ee) mission

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box] margin-top:15px;width:60px;height:60px;border:none;box-shadow:none;border-radius:15px; background-color:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box .vdice-value] padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; vertical-align:center; font:bold 20px Montserrat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#bf91b5!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
whispers of the dead [m/ee]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 17:56:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What made you say that?”

Those were the first words out of Alexei’s mouth the moment she’d began to speak up. After that, he decided to keep quiet, letting her speak out what was on her mind.

At the mention of the strange Pokémon’s name that had chosen her to be its human representation though, he drew a bit of a frown.

“Not being prepared,” was what came first to his lips. “Honestly, I literally fucking winged it through half the entire battle with just my Salamence. And then… that had to happen.”

As the unofficial ‘den mother’ of Zelle and her own kind, he let out the tiniest of sighs.

“I don’t know if you were on the ground when they pulled… her… out of the ocean, but…” he trailed off. For a few moments there was something… uncharacteristic on his features. The normally soft purple had hardened somewhat because of the foul memory that now swirled in the front of his mind.

“What… a bitch.”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 18:05:01 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

as words continue to pour out of , memories begin to resurface on top of her head. selena didn't even knew her friend was in lilycove too. she only saw him in the midst of the chaos caused by the stakataka cubes.[break][break]

“it's because you're afraid of the water.” she snickers, trying to make light of the situation but the experiences are grave enough to pull out laughter from their recolletion.[break][break]

“yeah, i'm sorry for your loss.” selena has no idea about the nature of the pokemon he's talking about, but she shares the sympathy of having lost someone you don't even own. she senses the aggression taking over him and she decides to divert his attention.[break][break]

“where did you burry them?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box] margin-top:15px;width:60px;height:60px;border:none;box-shadow:none;border-radius:15px; background-color:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box .vdice-value] padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; vertical-align:center; font:bold 20px Montserrat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 18:15:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Not too far from here. She picked out the spot.”

By ‘she’, he meant the Phione that was living with him and his gigantic armada of Pokémon. Of course the other seven were upset at what happened. How could—“ he trailed off, turning to face her.

“How could someone do something as cruel as that? A literal baby of the sea, destroyed because she got too greedy and wanted one for herself?” he continued, not realizing his fists were clenched.

“Maybe—maybe there was a reason I found her egg in the first place. Down in Shoal Cave,” he went on, shaking his head to clear his head of the images that were now threatening to take over his mind’s eye.

“Maybe—maybe it was a sign. An omen? Honestly, I don’t know anymore.”

Boy, the next time he saw her, he knew that words wouldn’t be enough. He was raring to actually slug her in the face because of that stunt.

“I didn’t know he was in this mess, too,” he said after a few moments of awkward silence, pointing to one of the prominent names on the memorial. “Didn’t see him in the chaos.”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 18:30:04 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

selena is at lost of words so she resorts to rubbing his back as he vents out, taking the opportunity to down her bottle and intoxicating herself with more liquor.[break][break]

finally, she decides to speak even when her intuition says should not have. “have you tried... confronting her on what she did?”[break][break]

her eyes follow where 's fingers lie on: the name of engraved on one of the marble gravestones. a sharp pang slies her chest. she drinks more whiskey.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 18:43:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh, honey, trust me. I wanted to. I normally never hurt women, but well, miss—no, Olivia is the exception to this rule.”

At the sight of ’s name, he sighed. It was at this point he realized that he—that he hadn’t told Selena about that little secret he carried around with him during the crazy insanity that happened last month.

“I guess you don’t know…” he muttered, reaching for the small flask and popping the cap open before taking another drink of the vodka inside it.

“…do you know anything about a Pokémon called ‘Phione’?” he added a few moments later. There were little that knew about this particular one—hell, he’d even asked the now-dead about it, to no avail.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 19:02:21 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

all that selena knows about phione is that one of them is dead, buried in the memorial they are now supposedly patrolling in. the pinkette shakes her head no before she pours the remaining whiskey in her mouth. realizing the bottle's already done, she grabs for one more and attempts to open the cork.[break][break]

electricity clacks from her fingers, her yellow mist surging from her digits as the plasma creates steam inside, pushing the plug from the bottle. if ever will look at her weirdly, she will decisively ignore as she drinks a few more.[break][break]

“i tried saving her... .” this time around, she knows she's already tipsy. “i don't know why she's so hellbent in sacrificing herself for lilycove's leviathan.”[break][break]

she looks at her companion with cerulean eyes so indifferent. “you wanted to hurt someone who wanted to be dead. that's sick, alex.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 19:17:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He looked at her and blinked at how she’d opened the bottle, and wondered if whatever deity that had lent her its power had allowed this, and snorted for a few moments.

“Gee, wonder what that electric companion of yours is going to think about that,” he chuckled darkly as he took another drink from the flask he had with him. After a few quiet moments, he let out another snort.

“Save her? I only saw bits and pieces of what she was doing from the sky. After we worked to bring the damned thing down, she just—well, forgive the conjecture, threw herself at it? Was she fucking high? he continued before shaking his head.

A few moments later, he let out another dark chuckle.

“Please. If I could get away with murder? Maybe I’d have committed my first heinous act,” he went on, waving the flask around. “Speaking of which…”

He blinked a few moments, before remembering something that he thought he had forgotten.

“She called—Phione, a ‘maiden’. I don’t know the fuck why, but I found it extremely strange she did so. She behaved like some whacked-out cultist the moment she saw the Phione I had with me.”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 19:32:12 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

a wicked grin flashes across her face: is it selena talking or the alcohol?[break][break]

“save me that idea of yours to get tapu koko drunk, too.” she chuckles at the idea of having legendary pokemons get drunk but it is immediately shoved off when presses on the matter of the ex-councilor.[break][break]

“is it really a cult? i'm a storm surge apart from her but i thought i heard chanting and screaming from their direction. could that be it?”[break][break]

selena burps, then continues. “tell me if i have to tell you on the council now cause even though you're my friend alexei, i won't tolerate you killing anyone anymore. not after this carnage.” she opens her arm to point at the hectares-wide memorial before she clinks on alexei's flask and downing hers again.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 19:44:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of chanting and screaming, Alexei drew his lips into a thin line.

“You just confirmed my suspicion,” he went on, shaking the flask before taking another swig. “Look, when she saw the Phione she started going off her fucking rocker and was… serenading the little thing. Of course the Phione was going to be confused at that shittery.”

When she brought up ‘carnage’, he sighed again.

“Apparently words don’t work on her ass anymore. I think—I think I understand why Balder did what he did earlier this year, he muttered as he squinted into the flask before shaking it again. Drats, it was almost empty.

Draining it in a few moments, he crouched down and grabbed the bottle of vodka before taking some time transferring the contents from the bottle to the flask. What? Don’t judge him if he wanted to drink from the flask!

“…did you happen to catch what the hell they were screaming about? All I remember is that… well, something just rippled through the skies and holy shit, I had to have my Gardevoir save Billi from becoming a fucking pancake.”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 20:05:33 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

“i said i thought i heard them... not that what they're saying is anything audible from a distance,” the pinkette jitters at the thought of a cult especially when they're in the wee hours of day in the cemetery. the cults in movies are anything but scary but when she thinks that it might be true and it is someone all of them know, it sends the nerves up her spine.[break][break]

“besides, olivia wasn't the first one to be there. there was also another woman, i think?” if thinks the ex-councilor is crazy, he should have seen the lady () attempting to latch herself into kyogre.[break][break]

more jitters. more whiskey.[break][break]

selena tries to divert the conversation. “is she really the reason why left his post before?” curious, her tipsiness has been washed off with the excitement of hearing a story she has been long dreading to know.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 19:12:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Cults are stupid scary,” he agreed, knocking back another drink as he looked around. Shit, he hoped there were no ghosts to be had around these areas because fuck that shit he’s out if that happens.

“What—are you telling me there was— he trailed off, giving her an incredulous look.

“Are you telling me someone else decided to join her in that insanity?” he confirmed, the flask temporarily forgotten in his hold. While waiting for her to confirm this statement, he nodded.

“Well, I caught bits and pieces of the argument. But the big one is that Balder got fed up with the way Olivia running things. You do know she was a gym leader before, right? And Balder inherited the position after she left, but then again she was just messing around with the way he ran things. Or at least that’s how the story goes. And something didn’t sit right with him.”

Oh, shit.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 19:24:49 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

“um,” selena should not have brought up the subject of horrors because the moment begins pressing on the subject, more jitters start running up and down her spine, which means more drinks.[break][break]

[break]

“i hear you, but in all fairness, in a men-dominated top echelons of the league, something may not always ‘seem right,’ right?” at the sight of the leaking flask, selena eyes her companion with a bottle of her whiskey, seemingly offering him some.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 19:32:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, from what I remember a friend of mine telling me about what had gone down—look, I have friends everywhere—is that there was a… well, call me skeptical, but there was some kind of a… a plan? To keep tabs on all those who were called… ‘avatars’, or some such,” he spoke up.

“But again, this was way back then. Like after Balder had gone ‘rogue’ and just disappeared for a while. I don’t know what’s exactly up with the Council these days.”

Looking at his flask, he shook it again before taking another long drink.

“Honestly, I’m surprised they remembered to contact us gym leaders when they had—that meeting, he added a few moments later. “About time, too. Because most of the time we rarely hear a peep out of whatever the heck the council is doing, holed up in Evergrande without a word, without a single word.”

The vodka was disappearing fast, again.

Sighing, he then screwed the cap back on and pocketed the flask.

“You sure?” he confirmed, reaching for the bottle of whiskey and swirling the contents around a few moments.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 19:45:27 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

“you mean the meeting where your face plopped on the table?” selena sneers as she hides herself from what might have been 's shy or irked face with her bottle. but the matter that he has revealed to her, perhaps, is something worth pondering over.[break][break]

“are they still... pursuing that.” she looks at alexei, brow raised, as her hands fiddle with the mouth of her bottle. being nominated as tapu koko's avatar... is it planned all along?[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES