Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Oh Lord Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 7:13:04 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]

Five minutes. That's how long the clock said it had been on the far wall. That was par for the course. It always took about that long before the shouting really ramped up. The bellowing radiating from the door at gengar's side had reached a fever pitch. The silhouettes against the Venetian blinds flailed in contained hostility.
[break][break]
It was like an explosive film nior scene, though sadly the lettering on the door's pane didn't read 'private eye.' On a bench at the door's side the pokemon sat staring at the closed passage with concern. How bad would it be this time? Averting his vision, he took note of the surrounding cubicles and neighboring offices.
[break][break]
Outside of the occasional jingle from a telephone, no person made a sound. Any that he could see stared directly at him and the muffled racket coming from within the door to his left. Eyes widening monetarily, he cast them to the floor, withering under their curious and annoyed observation.
[break][break]
Suddenly the door was slung open, bouncing off the door stop. Out stepped his master, Andy Blackadder stopping to turn to face back within, harshly grabbing the door by its inner handle. Epitaph stared with eyes half lidded. It always ended just like this.
[break][break]
"You think you're a poster boy for the League!? You're really a poster boy for abortion! " Being the youngest League member on the field at Mauville had had consequences. If Andy was willing to lock horns with flesh eating aleins however, he wasn't about to be cowed by League bureaucracrats. He slammed the door.
[break][break]
"Geeengaar," his pokemon directed his attention by flicking his crimson orbs between him and the onlookers behind him, prompting the boy to take a step to his side and look across his shoulder at the lot. A piercing gaze lashed out from a furrowed brow at each of them in turn.
[break][break]
"What in the fuck are y'all looking at?"

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 6:07:16 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia witnesses the shouting match as she steps out of a conference room. a binder barely fits in her white-sleeved arms. post-it flags jut out from the stacks within, angled outward like plants in frantic growth.

she moves close to andy, extending the rigid arm holding her binder like a bulwark.

"andy, right?" she knew that a boy by his name had a scheduled appointment here. "let's get out of here." a scolding glance is shot at those who fail to control their tongues.

"i know you just came out of a meeting but," dahlia lifts her finger as she attempts to shuttle him away into a nearby hallway, "think of this as a treat. are you in?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 7:25:18 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The woman that appeared was familiar. While he didn't collect their trading cards or anything most of the upper crust if the League were fairly common sights in most forms of media. At a certain point the sea of snappy fashion, office attire or the more eccentric garb, merged into one visage of authority.
[break][break]
The blonde updo pegged her as Commissioner Goode. It wasn't that he was starstruck perse but if it was anyone he expected to appear and usher him out, it was security. And she called him by name! It wasn't his birth name either. He followed along wide-eyed at the sudden change of pace at first.
[break][break]
"A treat?" For this? Surely not. Perhaps this was a trick and he would end up encased in concrete and tossed into the harbor. "Gengar!" Rather than follow them into the hallway, the ghost pokemon had half phased right through the wall to encourage his master to accept anything both free and edible.
[break][break]
"Uh." He glanced at his hopeful companion and closed his eyes for a moment, releasing an exasperated sigh to try and decompress as quickly as the situation was evolving. "I guess." He looked back to Epitaph. "Come on shit head. Let's blow this popcicle stand."

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 20:54:21 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia forces a smile with every expletive that fires out from her company's mouth. she wonders if the gengar cusses too, in its own ghostly language.

it's not as if she is a linguistic saint; however, there is a time and place for everything. mach bikes to be ridden on cycling paths and uncouth conversation to be stilled in government buildings.

as she opens the door to vacant conference room, dahlia allows him to move in first should he desire. the door and room is glass with the option of scrolling blinds for privacy.

with her elbow pressed against the door she whispers, "it might be a good idea to be a little, let's see... gentle when in these places. a good impression goes a long way."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 0:24:54 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

If asked, he would have to admit that he thought they would be vacating the building. So when she led him to another room within, he was a little surprised, pausing for a moment after she opened the door and stepped aside. Andy still pushed himself forwards to brush past her. Epitaph was even more perturbed, wondering if he should remain outside like before.
[break][break]
Swing from one gallows to another? The boy wondered as he quickly noted the private setting. Maybe he really would get thrown out of the League. If such a thing came to pass, at least it would be the commissioner herself. It was like being executed personally by the monarch. Sure, you died, but they had to get their hands dirty.
[break][break]
''This some kinda zoo cubicle...?'' He whispered to himself at the sight of their new environs. It might seem strange that he wouldn't want to be the center of attention, as his behavior might say otherwise. But the sensation of being anonymously studied by any or all passersby made him a little uneasy. Who would even design something like this?
[break][break]
''A good impression?'' He turned to look across his shoulder at the commissioner's suggestion. Since when had he ever made one of those? ''How dishonest do you think I am, lady?'' He turned fully rather than finding a seat. ''That faking so people will like you shit is for the followers of idols and the worshipers of kings.'' He flung a thumb towards himself. ''I'd rather be in the jungle with the savages.''

--

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 21:55:08 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "it's just for transparency. if you're uncomfortable, we can close the blinds." dahlia says.

she takes her seat, the black mesh of her chair disappearing behind her white coat. folding her legs, dahlia allows the chair to slide ever so briefly while she gets comfortable. she does not take the furthest one. instead, she opts for a chair closer toward the middle.

finally, the commissioner answers his poetics with a slight smile. "it's not dishonesty. it's just common courtesy." dahlia gestures to a chair. several line the long conference table. "if you want to sit."

she sets her hands on her lap, fingers refusing to pluck away stray bangs.

"even people and pokemon who live in the jungle follow certain rules."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 8:25:20 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The commissioner sat, and offered him a seat, of course, but the boy only moved to stand on the opposite side of the table, hands shoved into his pockets. This way he could still be at eye level. The pitfalls of being short. At first it didn't appear like she understood what he was saying, of course it could always be that he couldn't understand her.
[break][break]
''Like common courtesy?'' The question snapped out after her comment. To him it was a foolish notion to try to explain that the whole concept behind the word 'savage' could include anything remotely close to any form of courtesy. Alas he was not a wild pokemon, only a human, or at least he looked enough like one.
[break][break]
''Gengar...'' The ghost type distracted himself from the thus far tame conversation by flicking the blinds on one side of the room opened and closed by fiddling with the drawstring. It added a slight strobing effect behind the youth, though he payed it little mind. Normally his companion was more mischievous, but had come to read a situation well enough to know when to dial it back.
[break][break]
''Speaking of, ain't it common courtesy to not be smashing my clock? What is it you want, boss lady?'' Perhaps she would threaten to lock him up like Silph had in their encounter. Goode struck him as much more soft. It was strange however that thus far his encounters with the either shot caller of the League did more to confirm his biases about the organization rather than dispel them.

--

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2020 6:49:06 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "boss lady." dahlia repeats, rolling the words with her tongue as they tickle her to laugh. "are you really that busy? i just wanted to make sure you didn't leave on a sour note."

several league officials, clad in blacks and dress shoes, march past. the hallways echo dryly with their foot falls. she frowns as her gaze trails their ankles.

"and to tell you i'll be reprimanding the ones cussing you out." the clock ticks above them. the hands are shaped like hoothoot eyes and brows. "but more importantly," dahlia says, "are you okay? i may have my own concerns revolving your involvement on the battlefield, but they center more around your well-being than your recklessness."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 2:10:03 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

She seemed to be laughing at the unofficial title he had assigned to her, but part of him couldn't help but wonder if she was amused at the idea that he had things to do. Really it was just that he didn't want to end up going on some tirade that would get him detained again, though the commissioner seemed to not suffer from the same affliction as the councilman.
[break][break]
''No.'' He spat. ''That doesn't mean I want to be sitting here all day either. Adults really must think I can't do anything but waste time, right?'' It was no wonder they were upset about his involvement at Mauville. All he was good for was sitting around playing video games and jerking off, complaining about the dishes and the laundry. Heavens forbid he was motivated to do anything of import.
[break][break]
''Tch.'' Reprimanding anyone cursing him out? Andy was the one doing the cursing. Fernando had called him a 'little shit' as he recalled, but it was nothing compared to the verbal brutalizing the CEO had received in return. Part of him felt as if the woman was just empty talking until she asked if he was okay. Could a politician be so sincere?
[break][break]
The boy sighed. Moving to a chair one over from Dahlia, he pulled it out and had a seat. Could he be sincere? Well, often he was sincerely an asshole, but could such a thing be applied so liberally to honesty? Life had felt much more serious after the megalopolan invasion. Perhaps the experience had caused a change in perspective.
[break][break]
''What's the point of all this shit,'' he asked, hands coming up to gesture at the room. ''That girl died. And the League just stepped over her pancaked corpse like it wasn't even there and kept going. I was so close to the shit that ended her I could have reached out and touched it. I risked my fucking life to help take those two alien assholes down and all I've gotten is shit for it.'' He grumbled.
[break][break]
''Meanwhile, some asshole nearly sat me on fire earlier in the fight because I had the audacity to exist in the same fucking space as the forest and I don't see him sat in here to get his asscheeks chewed off. Don't see him detained until further notice. That Silph shithead said I didn't recognize 'efficiency.' Bloody hell. The devastation at Mauville was unimaginable, people died.'' The chair creaked as he leaned back harshly, crossing his arms.
[break][break]
''And it wasn't even the only place that was ruined. I heard Lilycove is like half underwater. If that's efficient this region is doomed. HNN is all about 'oh but we're fixing it.' The League doesn't give a damn about anything but its reputation. Why am I here getting bitched at and tossed in a cell for defending myself? Because if I had ended up like your champion, it would have looked bad.'' A harsh exhale escaped his nose.
[break][break]
''This place feels hollow as fuck.''

--

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 0:03:30 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia is quiet. utterances, not interjections, come soft to communicate understanding— or some sense of listening, as she hums and nods her head like a watercolor paintbrush.

"lilycove has suffered, but the flooding subsided as soon as kyogre disappeared," dahlia says quickly, "just letting you know, in case you were worried about anyone there."

if andy leans back, dahlia slouches forward. her shoulders lose their stiffness. lines become gaussian as the fabrics of her clothes wrinkle.

"well andy, it seems like you got the short end of the stick. the short end of several sticks." dahlia inhales: a breath steady enough for both of them. "what do you want the most right now? how can we make this better for you?"

she hums.

"i don't think a cell would help you with what you're going through right now."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 3:05:24 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

He was assured that the water was gone from Lilycove when to his mind the water being there was only part of the problem. Though she recognized he had had a rough go of it, and while at first he might think 'duh,' it was progress of a kind. Frankly it was the first person in authority, or well, in League authority, that really even acknowledged his plight at all.
[break][break]
When she asked what he wanted, his lips parted slightly but no words came. Just how big of a check was she writing here? Certainly not as big as his heart desired. All of the most vain things filled the boy's mind. A ton of money being the first temptation, followed by rare pokemon, a house, the list quickly filled to bursting.
[break][break]
Perhaps some accolades, he considered more seriously. What would those matter if he had to beg for them however? Any such award that only came when requested was no reward at all. His young heart, foolish as it was still yearned for vengeance under the guise of justice. Her mention of a cell brought it to the forefront of his attention once more.
[break][break]
''Yeah, your cohort already went the cell route. Partly why I'm here again.'' The chair creaked as he lackadaisically swung left a bit, then right. ''Being a jerk, even disrespect isn't a crime last I checked. So how about dropping a big steaming turd on Silph for his gross abuse of authority. That'd be a fantastic start.''
[break][break]
But he wasn't done yet.
[break][break]
''I'd also appreciate it if you kept him away from me as much as possible. If he's got a personal issue, then what-the-fuck-ever I guess, but I don't want to be called up so he can stoke his ego again. As long as what I'm doing isn't hampering the League's mission, whatever that is, I'd like no further entanglements than necessary. There shouldn't be a need for them if what I'm doing ain't hurting no one anyway.''
[break][break]
Perhaps a big ask, but it didn't seem so to him. After all, she was the boss lady.

--

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 7:24:43 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia's humming fades into the quietest tremolo underneath andy's harangue. there is no lack of focus, no fatigue of the day settling in underneath her eyes or on their lids. andy's articulate anger is enough to draw any adult's attention— and in a way, she found it entertaining.

"i'll see what i can do." dahlia says. "i'm not too certain about the excrement portion of your request, but i'll talk to him." she leans back in her chair, shoes pressed firmly on to the office's floor. "there is the possibility he's just expressing his concern. after all, this region is dangerous. he knows that firsthand."

fernando did a number on him, dahlia thinks. preemptively, she bids farewell to any chance of the silph heir having an heir of his own.

"and now you do too."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 1:21:46 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''I didn't need a detainment cell to know that,'' he spoke through an ever present frown. ''The whole deal with the alien invasion was about where I picked it up, thanks.'' He was unsure why he was employing such sarcasm when the commissioner had taken his fecal reference a little too literally. But then, how much nuance did he expect from a politician?
[break][break]
What if she had said yes though? The boy stood. What else could he really do here? His grievances were aired, and his amends requested. Now he had to rely on Dahlia to do what she said in some kind of capacity. Honestly, Andy didn't know what to expect, but his hopes were not high that Silph wouldn't abuse his power again.
[break][break]
With a gesture he coaxed his genger to at least get ready to move.
[break][break]
''Thanks for the promise to square shit away. Hopefully I'll actually get to show some gratitude when you actually deliver.'' His business seemed more or less concluded, but his gengar whined at him, ''gengar. Two of his six digits pointed at his frowning mouth. Right. Perhaps there already is an unfulfilled promise. He couldn't let Taph down.
[break][break]
''Before I go, you mentioned a treat? Seems like Epitaph was expecting something edible.''

--

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 0:38:30 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia's facetiousness is lost on him. not that it matters, for their worlds spin at entirely different speeds. different angles. still, their spheres are close enough.

"no expression of gratitude is necessary." dahlia says, producing small black wallet. "it's part of my job." her fingers pry it open before tickling through wrinkled receipts.

"here." she plucks a gift card and extends it to andy. "you'll get a free item off of the cafe's menu downstairs. they serve poffins there too. you two might enjoy the bluk berry kind."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2021 0:33:59 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Chocolate eyes noted the receipts in the wallet. Wasn't it just like a bureaucrat to keep such meticulous documents? It occurred to him that a lot those expenses likely went to the state to deal with rather than her own bank account. Perks of working in high level government he supposed. He accepted the card as the gengar watched greedily.
[break][break]
''Gratitude. Never had bluk berry anything, but Taph will eat almost whatever you set in front of him.'' The ghost pokemon tried to look indignant. ''Gengar,'' he crossed his arms, but at the same time he was nearly drooling. A smirk tugged at one side of his mouth as he cast a skeptical glance at the fiend.
[break][break]
''Come on shithead,'' he waved the creature on as he started toward the door of the conference room. ''See you around boss lady. Keep your dogs on their leashes.''

--