Zac's Route Roundup - Slateport Upper District (dw)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 14:49:11 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

Zac's Route Roundup
Slateport Upper District | Dual Wild

It was early evening, and Zac and his camera man Devin were on a leisurely stroll through the streets of Slateport's Upper District. "Nice night for a walk ay Dev?" Zac asked, looking into the camera. "Being close to the ocean really takes the nip out of the air, and unless a breeze starts rolling in it's looking like a great night to catch some pokemon."

The pair made their way along the emptying streets, and as people left the area, the pokemon started to emerge. Poochyena stared at them from alleyways, and Kricketots chirped from the trees lining the road. There were plenty of pokemon, even in a city, if you just took the time to look. 

"Isn't that a sight." Zac said, smiling as a flock of Pelipper cruised overhead, their wings catching the purpling light of dusk. "You getting this Dev?"
"Sure am Zac."

Up ahead, they spotted someone. The light was fading, and it was difficult to make out who they were, or what they were doing, but Zac approached carefully.
"It looks like another bright bloke had the same idea as us, and is out here after dark looking for rare 'mons." he whispered into the camera. "We're going to get a bit closer and see what he's up to without scaring away his quarry. Remember to always be courteous when approaching other trainers." 

Zac snuck closer to the unknown trainer. 

NOTES:
TAG:
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 2:14:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The bloke in question stood about near the middle of the empty road, bugcatching net slung over his shoulder, attitude lax if the way his body slouched with a single hand inside his pocket was anything to go by.

The straw hat on his head was tipped back as he stared up at the sky- his mouth was obviously moving even from afar, and the closer they creeped, the clearer his words became.

"How's it looking, girl? Think we got any new friends on our hands?" He said, seemingly speaking to himself. This proved to not quite be the case when a shadowy silhouette suddenly darted from up above, landing lightly next to the youth and barely moving even dust as it did.

The purplish light of dusk gleamed off dangerous looking blades as the Scyther nodded her head at the youth- before, without moving her head at all, her eyes rolled towards the Vlogger and his crew, staring at them sharply as she let out a low grunt.

As if on cue, the youth lazily shifted his weight to look behind himself.

He uttered eloquently at the sight. "Whuh?"

It was hard to see due to the way the hat threw a perfectly placed shade over his eyes, but it felt as though he was tilting a brow at the crew.

"Uh. Y'all quite a bit late to the party if ya wanted a scoop on the damage. It's been done to death." He said.

FLAME BODY / STRUGGLE BUG | FLAME WHEEL | SCREECH | STRING SHOT | AMNESIA | LEECH LIFETECHNICIAN / SWORD'S DANCE | WING ATTACK | FURY CUTTER | VACUUM WAVE | AGILITY | DOUBLE TEAMSHIELD DUST / POWDER SNOW | STRUGGLE BUG
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 2:55:37 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

Zac's Route Roundup

“Well i’m not much into fighting unless provoked. I always find that if it isn’t to my liking it’s best to let it just be on its way, assuming it aint doin’ anybody harm.”
Zac said, nodding his head at the youth, and at the Scyther that was clearly defending him. He and Devin didn’t move any closer. It wasn’t wise to approach such a protective pokemon.

“I’m more out here tryna catch some pokemon!” He said, smiling at the pair, trying to diffuse the situation. He didn’t sense hostility from the bug catcher, per se, but there was a tension in the air. So Zac did what he did best: turn up the charm.

“Now that is a beautiful Scyther you’ve got there. Just look at the sheen on those claws! You must be sharpening them every day.
I’ve seen too many trainers neglect pokemon care. You know, they think ‘she’ll be right, they usually thrive in the wild’, but they don’t realise that with the right care you can really elevate your pokemon.”

Zac held out one huge hand, beaming at the intense pair. “But where are my manners? My name’s Zac.” He nodded at his cameraman. “And this here is Devin, my camerman. We're out here looking for some wild pokemon to showcase on my show." Zac paused, looking around with honest confusion.
"Unfortunately, not being a local these streets are all starting to look the same. If you’re interested, we can team up and see what we can find? It’s always nice to have some company when you’re out huntin. What do you say?”

NOTES: 
TAG:
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 4:34:10 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The youth seemed puzzled by the man's reply, a small 'whu' tumbling out of his lips; luckily he seemed to agree with the redhead's statement enough to simply shrug off the confusion, nodding languidly at the man. His next words were met with a grin.

"Oh! That it? Right on time, m'dude!" He said, laying a hand on the Scyther's head gently. She visibly rolled her eyes at that, but calmed down all the same, some of the tenseness in her limbs going away. "Pardon Kama 'ere, she means well but doesn't realize how scary she can be."

The Scyther snorted at that, smacking him on the thigh with the flat of her blades.

"Sensitive tonight, are we?" He said to her, before turning back his attention at the man- just as he went from about 40 to 100 on the charm-o-meter.

For the Scyther, at least.

Doug snorted slightly as Kama's posture straightened at the man's praise, even giving the youth a smug look while bumping his side with her elbow joint. Doug chuckled while holding his side in response.

"Thanks. She does a good job letting me know what she wants and needs every day. Gets cranky(er) if don't help polish those up." He once again reached up to her head, this time gently rubbing under her chin.

His attention was brought back to the large man as he held out his (huge) hand towards them, offering a name and a handshake.

The youth clasped it.

"Pleasure's all ours, Zac." He tipped his hat at the camera man behind him. "Devin. Dunno what show you runnin', but I'm always happy to have a friend 'round." He said as he let go of Zac's hand, before turning around for both Vlogger and camera man to follow.

"Most pokemon don't wander about on the open streets- not a whole lot to do for 'em. I was waiting on Kama while she scouted ahead, earlier. Let's see what she found!"

FLAME BODY / STRUGGLE BUG | FLAME WHEEL | SCREECH | STRING SHOT | AMNESIA | LEECH LIFETECHNICIAN / SWORD'S DANCE | WING ATTACK | FURY CUTTER | VACUUM WAVE | AGILITY | DOUBLE TEAMSHIELD DUST / POWDER SNOW | STRUGGLE BUG
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 6:48:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GALARIAN WEEZING APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE HIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLUDGE BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAIRY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRANGE STEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MASQUERAIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUIVER DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AIR SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AIR CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCARY FACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 12:32:45 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

Zac's Route Roundup

What Kama had found was a Weezing. The poor creature was in a panic, spewing forth clouds of Strange Steam from it's smoke stacks to keep the Scyther at bay. <Wheeeeze> huffed the creature. 

"Now that...is an absolute beauty." Said Zac, impressed by the creature. It was a regional variant, and even in its frenzied state there was a stately, statuesque aura to the pokemon.
It's flowing green beard and moustache, it's lazy, downcast eyes, and of course the outrageous top hats that spewed more and more green gas into the night. 

He's resplendant! Thought Zac, beckoning to Devin for a pokeball. "This here Galarian variant is known for it's-COUGH, COUGH- aw wow that's quite a- COUGH." 
Zac waved away the smoke as best he could before stepping back and tossing the ball. It bounced off the rubbery, tar colored skin of the Weezing and sucked it into inside.
As the stinking gas slowly disappated into the night, Zac collected the ball and turned to the camera.
"COUGH- so as I was saying, this fellow can really help clear the atmosphere. It absorbs pollutants and expels beautiful, fresh air. But when frightened..." Zac trailed off, gresturing broadly at the lingering, bright green clouds. "Well, lets just say it's a far cry from clean air."

Zac gave a chuckle, looking around for Doug and Kama. "How are you doign Doug? Did he get you as bad as he got me?" 

NOTES: Caught Glalarian Weezing
TAG:
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 17:03:40 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The youth's coughs were the answer, though his words told another story. "Not me, but he certainly got someone." He said, pokeball in hand as he approached a silhouette in the floor.

A pretty little bug was spread on the floor, the proverbial swirlies almost visible in her eyes.

"And speaking of beauties." He said with a coo, squatting down in front of the dizzy pokemon.

"Masquerain, huh? Yeah, I've got a spot for ya in my team, little dudette." He said cheerfully, before pressing one of his pokeballs to her head gently.

It turned into a mass of shining red, before being swallowed into the pokeball. It did not struggle much to get out- perhaps it simply wasn't able to. Perhaps it simply didn't mind.

"Awrighty!" He said as he sprang back to his full height, spinning to face Zac. "Appreciate the assist there, guys! Usually I go home after catching one bug- but how about we go find another?"

WATER BUBBLE/ BUBBLEBEAM | AQUA RING | SOAK | ENTRAINMENT | BUG BITE | HEADBUTTTECHNICIAN / SWORD'S DANCE | WING ATTACK | FURY CUTTER | VACUUM WAVE | AGILITY | DOUBLE TEAMSWARM / STRUGGLE BUGWATER BUBBLE/ BUBBLEBEAM | AQUA RING | SOAK | ENTRAINMENT | BUG BITE | HEADBUTTUNNERVE / ELECTRO WEB | AGILITY | ELECTRO BALL | GASTRO ACID | THUNDER WAVE | BUG BITEFLAME BODY / STRUGGLE BUG | FLAME WHEEL | SCREECH | STRING SHOT | AMNESIA | LEECH LIFE
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 3:16:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TEDDIURSA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PICK UP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BABY-DOLL EYES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PARAS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DRY SKIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]X-SCISSOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAGE POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STUN SPORE

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 17:37:24 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

Zac's Route Roundup

The bug-hunting group searched the nearby city streets for wild pokemon, but they had made so much of a ruckus with Weezing that the only things nearby were a Paras sleeping in a garden bed and a Teddiursa forraging through a garbage bin.

"Well it's night life, for sure, but i'm more on the hunt for something exciting, aren't you?" He asked Doug. "Lets see what else is out here tonight. Maybe we have to take the hunting up a notch. Know any...dangerous spots?"

NOTES: Pass of the bear and the bug
TAG:
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 18:40:10 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He wasn't usually one to let any bug go, regardless of rarity or power, but...

He was both running low on pokeballs AND being filmed. It would be extremely lame if was forced to pass on a rare bug later on because he got too hasty with the balls- and got filmed and uploaded to the internet at that.

He sighed, adjusting his straw hat. Next time, little Paras. Next time.

"Yeah; think I'll pass for now. Don't have the pokeballs to catch willi-nilly." He said, before nodding at Zac's question. "I know a few. Just like low lives, the more dangerous pokemon usually hang out in spots where they can... ambush someone."

He hummed, scratching at his chin.

"If we go to the park and make our way into the inner woods, we'll probably find some lookers."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 4:06:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HAPPINY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SERENE GRACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COVET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISARMING VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POUND

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ACCELGOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STICKY HOLD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER SHURIKEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]U-TURN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID SPRAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEGA DRAIN

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2020 1:02:48 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

Zac's Route Roundup

"The park and then the woods? Well that sounds just the way to go." Zac said, nodding along happily as he let Doug and Kama take the lead.

They soon reached the park, a wide open area with a children's playground, benches for resting, and towering, ancient trees that must be shady in the day but at night were smothering umbrellas of darkness.

Zac peered up into the shadowed boughs of a massive fig tree. "Who knows what little critters are sneakin' around up in those leaves." He said, eyes alight with excitement.
There was a rustling from up above, and Zac tensed. "Zappa, to me." He commanded, and the Heliolisk scuttled over to his side. "Light up those branches, I want a spotlight on whatever's comin' this way."

Zappa's frill crackled to light, and a broad, radiant beam of saffron luminance shot into the tree's branches, spotlighting a round ball of pink, rubbery cuteness that was clinging onto a low branch with mixed success.
At the sight of the light beam, the baby, beach-ball shaped pokemon let go, trying to cover their eyes but only succeeding in losing their handhold.
With a high pitched squeak of <Piiiiiiiiii> they dropped the 10ft to the leafy ground, hitting it with a comical BOING before bouncing back up almost as high. 

"It's so round!" Zac said, amused, as the pokemon bounced three or four more times before coming to rest on the dirt, rocking softly.
"Michi would just love this little fella." He approached the Happiny, pokeball in hand. "How 'bout it little guy? You comin' with me?"
<Piiiii> said the dazed pokemon, before disappearing in a flash of red light.

"She's gonna be chuffed. This one's a real top-tier roller." He said, pleased with himself.

NOTES: Zac catches a Happiny!
TAG:
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2020 16:44:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He had seen it. Heard it.

It wasn't surprising his new friend hadn't noticed either- even he would have missed it in the Commotion and excitement, if he hadn't been waiting for it his entire life.

A shadow darting as the Zappa's lights illuminated the treeline. The barely heard rustling of leaves as it was forced to move without warning.

"It's here." He said dramatically as he swung his long net in two wide arcs, before grasping it like a spear with one hand and holding his straw hat with the other, posing like a ronin.

It was, simultaneously, utterly unnecessary and completely necessary, as far as Doug was concerned.

"Today is the day I defeat you!" Doug said lowly. Almost as if on cue, the wind in the area seemed to pick up pace, leaves fluttering around them dramatically.

"The shadow of Slateport...!" He said, before turning his gaze upwards, towards the nearest, tallest tree top. Standing atop it, stubby arms crossed as a scarf of membrane fluttered dramatically in the wind-!

"Accelgor." His recurring rival since he had arrived to Slateport!

The wind around them picked up. Like one of those animes kids watched, it seemed like the tension was about to reach its bursting point. The battle was about to-

BONK.

A single Scythe smashed the Accelgor's head solidly with the rigid spine of the blade, the ninja's eyes rolling to the back of its head as it fell off the tree- and straight into the bug catcher's awaiting net.

"I knew I couldn't match your speed." He continued on with the dramatics. "So I had planned in advance. My minion was awaiting to strike..."

Up above in the tree, Kama seemed embarrassed to have taken part in this farce.

Specially when Doug gave her a grin and a thumbs up.

Slinging the now full net over his shoulder, the youth turned to give the same thumbs up at the Zac and his crew, grinning.

"I wouldn't have seen this stubborn bugger if it wasn't for your lights; thanks a bunch!"

close tab

played by

100 height
100 height
yayaya aa
awards
800 posts
ADMIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @admin
ADMIN
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2020 5:50:45 GMT
ADMIN Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PYROAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RIVALRY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WORK UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRE FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENDEAVOR

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CUTIEFLY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HONEY GATHER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DAZZLING GLEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRUGGLE BUG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAINING KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET SCENT

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2020 10:50:08 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

Zac's Route Roundup

"Now I don't want to alarm you Doug, but we're being followed." Whispered Zac.

They had left the park, and were headed down an alley, headed for the forest at the outskirts of town. "I caught a glimpse of glowing eyes when we turned at the long grass. Pretty sure it's some big predator."
"So are we gonna run?" Devin asked, walking a little faster.
"Didja hear what I said Dev? It's a predator. I'm not gonna run. I'm gonna catch it."
Devin sighed, and fell back into step with Zac. "At the end of this alley, duck to the side. They'll come after us and then BAM! Gotcha." 

Zac, Doug and Devin walked on and, in line with Zac's plan, took up position at the exit of the alley, with Zappa by his side. A minute later a dark form emerged from the alley and Zappa blasted it with a THUNDER WAVE. Zac followed up with a pokeball, hitting it square on the nose. "Howzat!" He shouted, jumping out of his hiding spot and scaring the other two pokemon that had been in the pack tracking them.
The Pyroar scattered, leaving their companion in the wiggling pokeball. It stilled, and Zac picked it up.

"Phew! Lucky they didn't have a bigger pack eh guys?" Zac said with a laugh. Devin rolled his eyes. 

NOTES: Zac catches a Pyroar!
TAG: