October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Elite 4
Single
264 infamy
264 infamy
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,003 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Blowing Off Steam (Closed)
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 13:01:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Inside of a small gym in Slateport's Upper District, the sounds of fists slamming against a leather punching bag reverberated through the area. The Gym itself was empty, save for a single receptionist, who was clearly terrified of what he was hearing, and the man responsible for wailing on the bag. Eventually, with one final punch, the bag would come flying off the hook it was mounted to, landing on the ground, and eliciting a flinch from the receptionist.

Thomas Benoit, the newest member of Hoenn's Elite Four, picked up the punching bag, and hoisted it back up to the hook it was mounted to before. It was here that he stopped, giving the poor receptionist at the desk a moment of peace, as he squirted some water into his mouth. His workout clothes, consisting of a sleeveless white top, black pants, and sneakers, were drenched in sweat by this point. His hair was tied back into a ponytail.

At this point, the Kalosian was just here killing time, until his meeting with Councilman . After the disappearance of Jules Cotillard, and the death of Philomera, Thomas had filled out a report on what happened. Though they defended Mauville, and defeated the Megalopolan forces, they still lost both generals. And from what he heard about Lilycove, their General also went missing. Though officially presumed dead, Thomas didn't believe it for a moment.

tags:
notes: Feel free to have Fernando walk in on the sounds of a punching bag being brutalized lol

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-seven
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
IF EVERYONE LIES, WHAT DISTINGUISHES A LIAR?
awards
3,946 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 20:23:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“I take it that Mister Benoit is in?

In many ways, Slateport Headquarters has become his new home base. The balance of Slateport’s Invasion years ago have come full circle with the damage inflicted by the Lilycove war efforts. With Slateport now being the more stable of the two port locations, the councilman’s haunting grounds show a pristine emptiness that can only be matched by the closing business hours.

Exercise is a great way to relieve stress but be mindful not to over exert yourself. It would be a shame to have you out of commission due to a twist or tear.

Fernando stands in the entrance way to the Gym. He smiles out of politeness but it’s as thinly veiled as his intentions. He gestures back to the front lobby with a nod of his head, “Is now a bad time?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Shadow of Verdanturf
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Elite 4
Single
264 infamy
264 infamy
awards
1,003 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 21:09:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas' wailing on the punching bag was once again interrupted. But rather than the punching bag being sent flying again, the man of the hour, Councilman Silph, walked in on him. Thomas would stop what he was doing, and turn to face the Councilman. He had been doing this sort of thing for years, truth be told. But then, to say that he was above injuring himself training was false, and foolish. No matter how careful, or experienced one was, they would slip up.

"Duly noted.", Thomas replied to the Councilman respectfully.

As Fernando asked, Thomas would take a seat on the bench, grabbing his water bottle once again. "Not at all. Makes things easier for me, actually.", he'd tell Fernando, before taking a squirt of fresh water.

"So what would you like to hear about first?", Thomas inquired, getting straight to the point. He assumed the Councilman had already read the reports from Mauville and Lilycove. He knew that Fernando was present at Meteor Falls during the third day. That was the only site where they had managed to capture a General alive. The fact that Philomera died on them, and that Cotillard disappeared on them made Thomas angry, and no doubt Fernando did not care for such news. The fact that Velmos also disappeared without a trace didn't help matters in the slightest.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-seven
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
3,946 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 20:42:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Depends on how detailed you want to be, Mister Benoit. I set aside the rest of my day for this excursion. Let’s make the most of it.

His eyes dart to the punching bag and then back at Thomas. It feels rude to interrupt his training session but considering recent events, a little pick-me-up might do them some good. God knows Fernando’s embraced the degeneracy, binging well past his abstinence from the Pokeathlon. Thankfully, moderation does the body well and his liver serves as the steel tank of his foundation.

Care to grab some drinks? It’s happy hour and Rascal’s opened up a new location a couple months back. My treat.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Shadow of Verdanturf
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Elite 4
Single
264 infamy
264 infamy
awards
1,003 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2020 23:09:45 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When Fernando offered to treat them to some drinks, the Kalosian shrugged. "Sounds good to me. I'm pretty much done anyway.", he told the Councilman, as his eye once more darted towards the punching bag. "If you'd like to go on ahead, I'll meet you there. I gotta get cleaned up. Shouldn't take me long.", Thomas would tell the Councilman.

While he did keep up with his hygiene, it was clear that Thomas had been in the gym for a long time, and that he reeked of it. If not for the sake of the other patrons at the bar, he felt he was doing Fernando a favor by not stinking up his presence at the bar.

---

After getting his shower in, Thomas would arrive at the Rascal's location. As promised, Thomas didn't take too long getting cleaned up. Thomas was garbed in a green button-up shirt, a pair of khaki slacks, and a pair of boots worn under his pants. Thomas would seek out the Concilman, before finding him, and taking a seat next to him. With him was a briefcase containing all the pertinent intel he had to present to the Councilman.

"Want to get started, or you wanna get a couple of shots in first?", Thomas inquired.

tags:
notes: DRINK DRINK DRINK!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-seven
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
3,946 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 20:15:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Thomas would find Fernando alone at the bar, watching a video of some scientist giving a press conference on his phone. When he hears the Elite Four take up the seat next to him, he pauses the video, a slight smile on his face as he puts the phone face down against the bar top. The presence of the briefcase does not go unnoticed.

You came prepared, Benoit.

The bartender, unoccupied, starts toward them now that he recognizes that Fernando isn’t alone. Fernando already makes a move for his wallet, withdrawing it from his back pant’s pocket. “Your call, Benoit. Can you work with alcohol?

close tab

played by

Tagger

Shadow of Verdanturf
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Elite 4
Single
264 infamy
264 infamy
awards
1,003 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 18:17:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Of course. Admittedly, there is much to go through.", he would tell the Councilman. He would rest the briefcase onto the bar, keeping it in his sight, and at the ready to open.

"Of course I can. I do it all the time.", Thomas tells him flippantly. In truth, Thomas was buzzed the majority of the time. It had become a well known fact that at this point, Thomas kept a hip flask on him at all times. The Kalosian would drink periodically through the day. While the prospect was worrying, Thomas was very deliberate about how much he drank, and how much of a buzz he was on, and maintained. It was his secret weapon, what allowed him to stay sociable, and cooperate with people more effectively.

When the first round of shots were brought to them, Thomas would wait to see whether Fernando got straight into it, or was the sort to bump glasses against each other. However Fernando preferred to do it, Thomas would humor him, and would down his shot rather quickly. It would be explicitly clear that Thomas was used to the bite of the liquor, and took to it well. And it was clear that the liquor was not slowing him down in the slightest, the Kalosian's genes, size, and experience working to his advantage.

Once all was said and done, and the Councilman was ready, Thomas would open the briefcase. The insides were very well organized, containing not only photos and documents pertaining to Mauville, but a digital map of the area. What Fernando would notice was that the map had started out as Mauville as it was when they arrived.

"So where would you like me to start?", he inquired.

tags:
notes: Here we go

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-seven
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
3,946 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 5:38:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]All he needs to hear is Thomas’ confirmation before he answers the bartender with his liquor of choice. “And whatever for my friend, my tab, open.” Fernando slides his card across the counter before turning his seat to face him, interested in what the Elite Four had to offer.

Interestingly enough, they pick the same type of shots, mirrored images with both sitting mere inches apart. Fernando grabs his and hoists it up shoulder level, presenting it to Thomas for a quick clink. “Cheers,” he states with a lack of vigor, before knocking both his head and the shot back in one fell swoop. The way it burns without chaser causes the Councilman to wince but he accepts it without protest.

Another,” he issues just as Thomas starts to organize himself. Curious eyes flicker over the various deliverables before allowing Thomas to lead the presentation. For now, they rest on the map, eager for a story.

Take it from the top, Benoit.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play
The Shula Region
Pokemon Godai
Hogwarts AU
Remnants of Fate
The Remnant Project: Non-Canon RWBY AU
lies in the low {warriors}
Pokemon Rapture