awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 0:00:24 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Even in the bathroom he can hear Skyler slamming doors. Honestly, he felt like he could boot a few off their hinges himself. After he had kicked himself a couple of times, of course because he had just completely obliterated whatever moment that they had been sharing.

It would be a lie to say that this kind of situation hadn’t played in Angelo’s head during the last few days, a vague awareness to his attraction for Skyler blooming into something undeniable after a week of sharing a sleeping bag and running through the jungle together, high on adventure and each other’s company. Then when a real opportunity had fallen into his lap, he had backed out; he had gotten scared

Because Skyler was his friend. Because he’d be leaving Hoenn before long. Because if he had done it, then what?

Washing his hands slowly just to claw back a little time before he has to go and face the music, Angelo sucks in a quiet yet shaky breath, trying to ignore the storm of lust, regret, frustration and guilt warring within him. There’s a part of him that whispers, tempting him, to go back out there and fix things but after what he had done the courier feared that maybe that had been it. A moment now gone to the wind. Another want he had let slip through his fingers. He can still feel the way her fingers had dug into his arm, burning under the skin like she had branded him with her desire, no matter how brief.

Steeling himself, although his armour is now splintered and frail, Angelo steps out of the bathroom to meet the wrath of a seafaring woman done wrong. Her words hit him like a punch to the gut but he guesses he deserves it. No, he thinks in response to her question, because I’m not currently making out with you.

Yep.

With Skyler sprawling over the cushions, her eyes sharp and dangerous in a slightly different light than before, Angelo flops down on the floor with his back leaning against the couch; nursing the rest of his beer with slow absentmindedness. He wants to tell her he’s sorry, to clear up that he still wanted to kiss her but all the excuses sounded pathetic in his head. Instead he resolves to clear the air a different way…

So the other week… I saw a bunch of flyers saying that the league is apparently putting together some kind of cave exploration sort of event. Spelunking. Excavating. Might find something interesting down there.” His head is tilted back a little to peek up at her, voice carefully casual as he drifted the idea towards her, although the hint towards treasure was purposefully punctuated. There’s a glimmer in his eyes that may be a mixture of intrigue and hope. “Did you want to do it together?” He then turns his gaze ahead and takes a sip; his chest constricting awkwardly.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 17:36:39 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Her gaze is sharp over the metallic glint of her can of beer, following Angelo as he sits himself on the floor, back to the couch. And to her. She takes a swing of the beer, barely feeling the coldness of the liquid as it makes its way down her throat. A heavy silence falls over the two of them, wholly different from the tension that had been there earlier - full of unsaid things and lost possibilities.

Skyler nurses her drink even as the alcohol starts getting a hold of her, the tips of her fingers starting to numb. She should’ve probably taken it slow rather than chugging a whole can of beer in nearly one go - her mistake. That should teach her not to try to drown her feelings; it hadn’t worked anyway. She could feel the path Angelo’s fingers had taken up her arm like they were still there, lingering ghosts.

Then Angelo speaks and her attention is drawn like a moth to a flame, steely silver focusing on the young man sitting on the floor of her living room. She can’t help the small jolt as he tilts his head to peer at her, those blue eyes hinting at the emotions underneath his casual demeanour.

Skyler was shit at reading people; she’d always been and that wouldn’t change anytime soon. But she still detects a hopeful undercurrent to his words. Angelo was familiar to her; he was her adventuring buddy... who could also be an annoying asshole. But still.

She decides that she deeply dislikes this hopeful uncertainty in his voice when he speaks to her.

The sailor leans forward to place her beer on the table, frowning slightly when things around her start to move around too much. She uses the same movement to peer at Angelo, tilting her head to the side. "Cave exploration, huh?" She’d seen the holes left in the wake of the Megalopolans’ invasion; was the League finally launching some sort of official Hoenn-wide expedition? "Where are they excavating?" The sailor can’t help the interest that weaves itself around her voice, the way she leans ever so slightly forward, arm over her knees and eyes intent. "I only saw the ones in Lilycove. Big enough for dozens of explorers to get lost in there." Hook, line and sinker.

His question is met with a disbelieving scoff as Skyler quirks an eyebrow at him. "Of course. Who else would I do it with, you idiot?" She does her best to enunciate the words clearly, but her tongue's starting to lag a little bit despite her efforts. Even so, there's no hesitation to her answer, fueled by a deep conviction that he would always be by her side in these adventures.

"How are your ribs, by the way?"

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 19:15:06 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Angelo’s lips gently curl at the edges as Skyler’s voice chimes back into the room to crack at the tension, smile hidden behind the rim of his can as a prickle of reassurance takes the brittleness out of his bones. “Lilycove, Meteor Falls and… One other one. I can’t remember where, though.” He watches her out of the corner of his eye as she leans forward, something soft bubbling beneath the surface as he catches sight of her interest being steadily reeled in, like a fish lured to just the right kind of bait. “Oh yeah? Getting lost in those caves, who knows what you might find…

He takes another sip of his drink absentmindedly and finds it empty. Although his earlier buzz has been chased away, Angelo makes no attempt to reach for a replacement, instead keeping the drained can in his hands, turning it over in his fingers to distract him from wanting to reach out to take another or touch Skyler’s skin. If he relented, one more beer would become three more and then all of those temptations would have nothing to hold them at bay. Even if he really could do with knocking another back…

The sound of her scoff is like music to his ears. Angelo grins and lets out a soft laugh, fondness warming him and smoothing over a little bit of awkwardness. He can feel his shoulders relax just a little. “Good,” he breathes as he turns to look at her, catching her quirked brow with a grin of his own which only grew as he took note of the slight slur to her voice. “I’d have dragged you to the caves with me, if you said no.” It wouldn’t have felt the same without her if he decided to go, after all.

Then she asks after his ribs. Normally he’d brush it off, having long fell into a habit of downplaying his struggles to others but Skyler had seen the bruises and, even if it felt a little awkward to admit his shortfall out loud, Angelo knew that dismissing it completely would get him nowhere. “Been better,” he concedes after a moment of weighing the words on his tongue, experimenting with a twist of his torso and finding it aching in protest. “But it’ll be fine after a night’s sleep. Or not. Either way, I’m cycling tomorrow,” he shrugs, an edge to his voice that seemed to say that there were worse things to deal with.

I’m sure those reps are feeling worse than me, anyway.” There's a ghost of a smirk on his lips as he peers at Skyler out of the corner of his eyes, blues regaining a bit of a shine as if he was sharing in a secret.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 22:13:03 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's eyes glaze over as she remembers her few trips to Meteor Falls. She's sure most of it might be different than what she remembers given the battle that took place there. It'd been a hot spot for fossils even before the war, and now, with the tunnels, it might be bursting with opportunities. A part of her wants to go to Lilycove, but at the same time... "Treasure, if we're lucky." She grins down at Angelo, unashamed at the greedy enthusiasm that lights up her face. "Trouble, if we're really lucky." 

A wide smile curls her lips now, the sailor caught up in an indiana jones-esque daydream of exploring mysterious tunnels and avoiding cleverly laid-out traps. Realistically she knows that it won't be like that - but at the moment she's too tipsy to care. 

She suddenly changes her position on the couch, turning around and laying her back horizontally on the seat, feet dangling off the back of the couch. Her head leans back, a waterfall of blond curls brushing against the floor. "You couldn't drag me even if you tried, Angel. I'm too strong for you. Tsk tsk, you gotta work on those biceps." As if to illustrate her point, she pokes his arm. 

The thought of Angelo cycling with bruised ribs has the sailor frowning deeply, which looks kind of funny upside down. She shifts her head to look at him. "At least you'll have a comfy mattress tonight. Might help." There's concern in her tone as she continues. "I think I might have a cream for the pain too. Remind me to give it to you tomorrow." She's used it plenty in the days following particularly rough fights.

The expression that steals over Skyler's face at the mention of the sales rep is nothing short of devious. There's a mean, giddy excitement as she speaks, silvery eyes meeting with her accomplice's. "Think the Carvanhas got to them yet? Or maybe they're cuddling for warmth?" Last she'd seen them they'd been in their undies, pleading for forgiveness. 

Serves them right.  

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 23:23:27 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Any remains of awkwardness that clung to the air are pushed aside with one cheeky comment and a poke to the arm; both of them seeming to turn their backs on their tension for another time.

Raising an eyebrow, there’s a lazy grin in place as Skyler straight up mocks his biceps, her hair cascading towards the floor and moonpools sparkling with a playful, endearing energy as she flops back over the couch. Angelo rolls his eyes and lets out an amused exhale. “Careful there, Sky. I know how proud you are of your muscles. I wouldn't want you getting embarrassed if it turns out I've been letting you show off a bit.” He doesn’t poke her arm in return. Not yet, anyway.

Maybe. I’m used to sleeping bags though,” he hums, turning his gaze away when she mentions that sleeping on a mattress might help soothe his side a little, knowing that she had a point; even if he wasn’t sure he felt comfortable at what that entailed. Where would she be sleeping, if he was in her bed? He thinks he already knows the answer. “I’m sure it’ll be fine. It’s not that bad… But thanks, no harm in trying it.” Perhaps if he accepted the cream then he can get some wiggle room over the sleeping arrangements.

Thankfully the conversation turns back towards a more light-hearted, yet devious topic; sharing a knowingly devilish smile with his adventuring companion turned partner in crime. Skyler, even upside down, looked bright and sparkling with mischief at the memory of their revenge while Angelo’s recollection turned his eyes from calm waters to a spark of blue flame, subtle yet burning all the same. “I hope they liked my present.” Consider it a taste of their own medicine. Even if it was incredibly petty of him, it had been worth the trouble carrying and putting that Eelektrik in the small cabin which had served as the island representatives office. “I think they’re going to be pretty shocked when they finally get home.

There’s a small lull in the conversation then, Angelo stewing in the devious satisfaction from earlier, inspired with a brief, mischievous thought. He reaches over, gives her bicep a poke of his own, feeling the relaxed muscle underneath before letting out a sarcastic response, dripping with purposefully unfinished intent. “Huh… Okay.” He leaves that up in the air for her to interpret.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2020 16:23:54 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Silver eyes widen in disbelief at Angelo's suggestion that he'd let her show off. That annoying, good for nothing - ugh! The woman presses her lips together, eyes narrowed, and pokes his arms again - this time with a little more strength behind the gesture. "Nothing embarrassing here, I assure you," She makes to flex her arms before she realizes that this might not be the best position for it, her balance already somewhat precarious.

The room is moving around a little too much for her taste too. 

The deliciously evil smile that touches Skyler's lips at the mention of Angelo's revenge is slow to come, and it changes her into something resembling a wicked fey trickster. "I hope they're chased into the jungle in their undies." The malicious giggle that escapes her at that image leaves a spark in her eyes, which she's all to happy to share with her partner-in-crime. The sailor isn't usually that petty, but you shouldn't really bait her with treasure and then- give her shoddy ass plastic coins. "Maybe the Ursaring found them first," she's having too much fun with these hypothetical scenarios.

Her gaze turns sharp at Angelo's suspiciously vague comment, the heavily implied sarcasm in his words bringing forth a sudden flash of temper. "What d'you mean - okay?!" She squints at him, cheeks slightly flushed either from the drinks or from being upside down. "Say it to my face, angel boy, I dare you." Her r's are starting to slur slightly.

But then she doesn't give him any chance to actually speak before she's righted herself, waiting a couple of seconds for the room to stop spinning before she's up on her feet and walking purposely toward her kitchen. Several curses and a couple of broken things later, Skyler comes back with a roll of measuring tape in hand. 

"Get your ass on the couch, Angel. We're doin' this."

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2020 19:20:51 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 His smile is lazily smug as he’s met with a sharp glare, Skyler’s exasperated reaction tasting sweet amongst all the chaos in his chest; Angelo revelling in the satisfaction of knowing he had wound her around his finger in at least one way tonight.

Not giving him a chance to respond, although he wonders if the silence would be more effective on her anyway, Skyler flips herself back upright with flushed cheeks and metallic eyes glaring out from behind a mane of blonde curls. Lured in by the bait that he had placed in front of her, clearly deciding to take it as a challenge. Unsurprisingly.

He wets his bottom lip before pinching it underneath his teeth, stifling the desire to let his mouth curl into something triumphant or amused as Skyler’s speech slurs at the edges enough for him to catch. He’d lost count on how many beers she’d had but he doubted hanging upside down had helped the intoxication.

She storms off towards the kitchen in an endearing whirling of wild curls and heavy stomps.

You alright in there?” Angelo calls out to her as he hears clattering and cursing, remaining reclined against the side of the couch as he waits to see what she’s up to, chuckling softly to himself at the sound of her stubborn chaos. He wouldn’t be cleaning the kitchen after Hurricane Skyler had trashed it, that was for sure. “You better not have fallen over. Do you need me to pick you up?

Skyler returns with a measuring tape and a demand, Angelo’s brow raising in curious intrigue. Oh, so this was how it was going to be...

What are we doing?” He asks with poorly executed innocence, gripping onto the side of the couch and pushing himself back up to sit on the cushions as he is told, easily ignoring the complaint of a bruise when he’s so drawn into her thunderous determination. “I already said I don’t want to embarrass you. It's not too late to put the measuring tape down and back away, you know.” Angelo gestures to the table, as if daring her to drop the challenge, even though his sparkling gaze goaded her into doing the opposite.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2020 22:39:43 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler nearly rolls her eyes at the fake innocence in Angelo's voice, batting the words aside quickly with a brusque wave of her hand. "I," she declares, the demand in her voice giving absolutely no room for any other choice, "am going to measure you." Okay, so the wording could've been better - not that the sailor seemed aware of the way that sentence might be interpreted. She was wholly focused on the task ahead.

Once Angelo is on the couch, Skyler sits by his side, cross-legged, unravelling the rope of measuring tape with a determined frown splashed across her features. "When have you ever seen me backing down from a challenge? Especially such an easy one?" The scoff that follows her words is heartfelt, though a corner of her lips can't help but curl slightly. His eyes goad her into going ahead with the challenge - though she'd never needed encouragement to do all the stupid shit she did. 

She likes Angelo's eyes like this. Sparkling with trouble and focused on her.

There's a hint of something in her moonlit eyes when she speaks next. "Winner gets to choose their side of the bed. Better start flexing, Angel." The measuring tape wraps around his arms, Skyler's fingertips grazing over his skin, though they didn't linger - the touch appearing detached.

"That a six of a nine?" Skyler leans over Angelo, squinting her eyes at the number on the tape. For a moment she seems to lose her balance, sending an arm out to find Angelo's shoulder. Despite this, her focus doesn't shift from the measuring tape. "Huh, definitely a six."  She'd barely even looked at the number, actually.

Then she extends the rope of measuring tape at Angelo, needlessly shoving the short sleeves of her t-shirt up to her shoulders. "Do me, Vestri. I'll beat you fair and square." The grin that overtakes her lips isn't as innocent as the one Angelo had given her earlier, but - at least right now - she's doing this just to get a rise out of him. Or maybe it was just the alcohol talking.

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2020 23:34:42 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Wow, there’s a lot at stake, then.” He hums sarcastically as Skyler puts down the winner’s reward, ignoring the way his throat gets a little tight. It’s quickly pushed aside though as he lets her measure his flexed bicep. She leans forward, fingers planting on his shoulder as she tips just a little in disorientation and Angelo instinctively reaches his free hand up to hold onto her arm, grip light just to make sure she doesn’t faceplant into his lap. His blue gaze purposefully focuses on her shoulder.

His brow pinches into a disbelieving frown as he looks down at the numbers stretched across his arm. Did she just say a six? Does Hoenn use some kind of shitty metric measurement system or something? “What? Fuck off.” A laugh tumbles into the space between them as his eyes scan over the tape to competitively dismiss her claim, only to find Skyler’s fingers are in the way, obscuring the truth from his line of sight. He’s one hundred and ten percent certain that she’s doing it on purpose. He lets go of the arm that had held onto his shoulder for support but Skyler was quicker, whipping the strip off his arm and leaving the truth only within her own brain. Damn, she was such a pain in the ass…

A six? You could have at least given me a pity seven.” There’s a playful edge to Angelo’s voice that hints that he’s not actually talking about arm measurements on a strip of fabric as he takes it from Skyler’s outstretched hand, lips curled into a smirk at her poor, probably tipsy, choice of words. There’s that spark again, fainter than before but undeniably there, as she beckons him to her; stomach twisting. “Then get over here, sunshine and we’ll see what you've got.” He nudged her elbow up with a hand, encouraging her to strike a typical flexing pose just for his own amusement, as he wraps the tape over her bicep.

I can’t see the number, it's faded,” he finally says, squinting dramatically at the numbers after he has measured her. Then he's moving back, pulling the tape from her limb and lifting it upwards, as if trying to use the light to see. “Hang on, I see it! It looks kind of like a seven but…” Angelo exclaims as he keeps himself away, leaning over the armrest of the couch and pretending to look puzzled as he flipped the tape measure over, a smirk pulling wide. “No wait. It’s just a big, fat L for Loser. So close, Sky.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 0:31:07 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Laughter tumbles out of her mouth at his pity party, fully aware that she's botched the results of their little competition. She feeds off of his frustration, the smile that grows on her face lingering even when his plea carries the undertones of an innuendo she's quick to catch - even in her inebriation. "I'll give you six and a half. Out of pity. How's that?"

The sailor promptly poses with her arm, Angelo's nudging encouraging her to make the classic arm flexed position. Her eyebrows raise at his first words. "What? Lemme see!" She doesn't even try to dispute his words or find their logic strange; she only narrows her eyes when Angelo moves the measuring tape away from her. "Angelo, I swear..." The sailor growls the words out, a threat hanging in the air between them.

A smile of triumph fleetingly touches her lips when the word seven reaches her ears, fading away at the 'but' that hangs in the air, thick with expectation. "But, what?" Angelo is clearly leaning away from her, and she soon finds out exactly why.

A beat of silence passes.

"Did you just call me a loser?" Out of all the things she's been called, loser isn't even close to being one of the worst. In this context though, Skyler's eyes still turn into a steely grey, her jaw clenched as temper rises to the surface. "I think it's time for a stand off, Angel." And there it is, that fierce pull of the lips that promises trouble.

It's a matter of seconds before Skyler's on her feet and in front of a smug Angelo. Another couple of seconds before she's leaning over him, her arms going under his legs and torso. "Hold on, Angel. I hope you trust my biceps." She lets out a slightly drunk bark of laughter.  "Because I can't be trusted." 

And then she's lifting him into her arms in a whirlwind of movement. It isn't the most secure of holds, given that - to Skyler -  the room is still kind of spinning, but she holds her quarry tight against her chest. 

"Can't lift yourself, can you? I win." The logic makes absolutely no sense, but at the moment it doesn't look as if Skyler cares. She looks way too proud of herself - and perhaps too smug about having Angelo in her arms.

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 18:30:31 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Not me. I didn’t call you that, it was the tape measure,” he corrects her cheekily, foolishly laughing as if he did not hurl himself into the lion’s den with but a stick to arm himself. “But if we’re playing fair and being accurate, it actually says you’re a Big Loser, there’s a difference. I’m sorry Sky but you can’t deny the truth of mathematics.

Skyler takes her time with her revenge but Angelo remains reclined on the couch, watching her with a smugly curious expression as she seems to lag in her motions, delayed no doubt from the intoxication. Truthfully, he could have easily slipped away but her competitive nature was never one to disappoint, so he kept his butt planted and patiently waited to see what this apparent showdown entailed; he could always do with another reason to laugh with or at her.

Tape measure abandoned on the couch, Angelo finds himself scooped up in her arms again and while back in the jungle he had resisted in his sleeping bag cocoon, this time he did the opposite. He slumped. Becoming a dead weight in her arms as he put little to no resistance or attempt to hold on like she suggested. “Damn... You sure showed me,” he tries to sound dry and sarcastic but her laughter and smugness is contagious, amusement bubbling and threatening to spill. “I’m so embarrassed. Just let me go and end my suffering...

Dramatically he goes limp, his middle starting to slip through the space in between her arms, threatening to fall to the floor ass first. He's committed until there’s a flash of regret, a pair of grabbing hands and a crash as Angelo hits the ground. “Fuck!

Afterwards they engage in a couple of strength tests which were all, ultimately, stupid and rigged. Winners hard to come by when facing against two cheats. Angelo is laying on the ground, face up with a wicked and tired grin, after having just won a planking contest where they had competed to see who could maintain the hold the longest. He’d pulled Skyler’s arm out from underneath her while they had been doing it, sending her to the ground but she had cheated at the arm wrestling so, as the saying goes, she could suck it.

I think I’m running low on ideas, sunshine. Ready to give up and admit defeat yet?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 19:22:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

She's sprawled on the floor, limbs thrown every each way and cheek squished against the floorboards. Her chest is heaving from the exertion of having to keep a plank for a ridiculously amount of time - up until Angelo had decided to cut the competition short by pulling her arm from under her. 

"Never." Comes the answer, although even Skyler has to admit that she's starting to lag a little bit, especially after the week she's just had. Her words hold the same stubborn determination as always, but her eyes are slightly glazed over. When she blinks, it seems like her eyes take longer to open. "I'm not admitting anything, least of all defeat." And certainly not the attraction that constantly whispers in her ear.

She's made that plenty apparent anyway.

But Skyler doesn't suggest any other alternative option and it looks for a moment as if she's perfectly happy just laying there on the floor, breathing heavily. Her arm reaches out to rest over Angelo's chest, hoping to catch his attention. When he looks at her, there's a vaguely drunken smirk on her lips. "You're an annoying asshole, you know that? You're lucky I like you." It's impossible to miss the exasperated affection in her words, the way it softens her features. "And don't you think for a second that you won this, Angel baby." Of course.

As if getting a second wind, Skyler pushes herself to her feet, words slipping past her mouth like a command. "We're going to bed, come on." Lights are turned off as she makes her way to her room, barely giving Angelo time to protest against her decision that they'd be sharing a bed tonight.

He can protest all he likes, she thinks, while she burrows between the surprisingly comfy and warm sheets. 

Still, the blonde can't help a last dig at him. "Don't worry, the bed isn't nearly as small as a sleeping bag." She throws her hands up, a devilish smirk faintly curling her lips. "I promise you'll be safe."

She doesn't specify what - or who - from.

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 21:18:06 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 He lays on his back as Skyler refutes his call to give up, letting out a laugh that comes out a little scratchy on weary tones, drowsiness beginning to creep like a weight in the back of his eyes as time drags on into the night. They don’t close though, not when her hand is suddenly on his chest, calling for his attention to belong to her once again.

Angelo’s lips curl gently at her words, taking her hand in his and bringing it up to his lips, planting a single affectionate kiss on her knuckles as fondness blooms in his weary bones. “I know,” he answers with quiet warmth, not clarifying what exactly he was agreeing with, instead leaving it to drift between them like a whisper on the wind. Even if it was just due to the alcohol in her system lowering inhibitions, Angelo finds himself unconsciously savouring the way her metallic eyes seemed to melt into a softer silver under his gaze anyway; drawn in to another side of Skyler that he wanted to learn more about. It’s a side that he wouldn’t mind seeing again.

I wouldn’t dream of it,” there’s a breath of amusement lingering in his words at her sudden warning because, of course, there’s no way she’d let it go. “We’ll have a proper rematch another time, promise. But I’ll be watching you for any cheating.” His heart gives a little jolt at the new nickname that tumbles off her lips.

Letting go of her hand as she gets to her feet, Angelo slowly sits up as she announces that it was time for them to go to bed, his chest constricting tightly as he recalls their earlier moment and the memory of her legs that had so often draped over him in their shared sleeping bag. It was going to be a long night, he thought, but he didn’t have the energy to protest now that time had worn on deep into the evening. He followed her before she could leave him in the dark.

Skyler claims her side of the bed and Angelo crawls in after her. It’s been a long time since he’s got to sleep on an actual mattress and a content sigh is breathed into the pillow, cheek pressed into the cushion as the scent of clean sheets and her drift over him. Suddenly he feels very tired and, thankfully, relaxed… It makes it easier to not get caught up in stormy grey eyes or the intimate arrangement.

My hero,” he hums out with a yawn, peering out of one half-lidded eye as he faces her with one last lazy smile, fingertips purposefully thumbing at the corner of the pillowcase to keep him from snaking an arm around Skyler’s waist and pulling her into an embrace. “What would I do without you, trouble?

Angelo closes his eyes and listens to the sound of her breathing for a little longer…

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 23:28:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler hides the satisfied smile that blooms on her face beneath the covers, the sound of Angelo's content sigh sending a wave of warmth through her. She knows that Angelo enjoys camping, and also that he does it partly out of necessity. But something fierce in her rebels at the thought of him not having the option to sleep on a bed - at least once in a while. 

'He does now,' she quickly decides, as she does most of the things in her life. She burrows her face into the pillow and lets out a sigh of her own. The sailor can already feel her muscles relaxing, her body starting to shut down as she melts into the mattress. Everything around her seems to be growing distant, hazy, reality blurring together fading into a shadow of itself.

His voice brings her back, somewhat. Skyler turns around and blinks blearily at the young man with the ocean blue eyes. A soft smile grows on her lips, edged with a drowsiness that threatens to bring her under. Her arm reaches to him, calloused fingertips brushing against the smile on his lips, perhaps remembering the way they had felt lingering over the skin of her knuckles.

"You'd be okay." Her smiles fades away as sleep finally claims her.

"You'll always be okay..."

The soft snores don't take too long to come. 

Morning comes with a sleepy sigh and with a familiar feeling of warmth that she's grown used to in the past week. She's still half-asleep when she nuzzles into the back of a neck and pulls herself closer to the source of warmth. 

Her sleep addled brain doesn't register the way her leg has draped itself over the body in front of her, or the way her hand has somehow tucked itself under Angelo's shirt and is now resting innocently over the skin of his stomach. 

The sailor just wants to spend a few more minutes before she has to face the world. And she's way too comfy to even think of moving. 

The rest of the world can go bugger off.

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 17:56:16 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 It’s become an unspoken, unarranged kind of routine to wake up with Skyler’s limbs draped around him, her presence warm and comforting pressed against his back. A habit that he remembered, with a half-asleep fog that made his thoughts drift candidly, was about to be broken after a week of him growing accustomed to it being there. It was a somewhat sad realisation.

Her nose nuzzles against the back of his neck and a drowsy smile creeps onto his face, eyes closed as he relishes in the way such a simple gesture could warm him down to his toes. Perhaps it was just from how his mind had yet to awaken properly, thoughts reduced to the most basic of comprehensions, but everything just feels that much more peaceful and snug without the internal whispers having the clarity to take over.

Angelo had grown accustomed to waking up early a long time ago, his alarm changing from one kind of responsibility to the other as he had moved from Alto Mare to Hoenn but he makes no effort to greet the morning today; remaining comfortably still in her arms as he savoured the feeling of contentment and the way her breath tickled against the back of his neck.

Just five more minutes. At least give him that much, world…

Time is of little awareness to the half-asleep. It could have been those blessed five minutes or it could have been five seconds but the sound of an alarm starts to ring, shattering the peaceful atmosphere enough to make Angelo groan softly in dissatisfaction, brow crumpled at the affronting noise and urging him to squeeze his eyes tighter. As if he just wished for it the alarm, their signal to bring things to an end, would not exist.

No,” he slurs on sleepy vocals as he pulls the corner of the sheet over his head, plunging himself into darkness like it were a shield to ward off the concept of time and responsibilities, vaguely reminded of a million incidents back home when he’d had to drag small ankles out of their beds to get ready for school.

Sorry Stellina’s, he thinks, if I’d known that this is how comfortable you’d been, I wouldn’t have threatened to throw buckets of water at you…